View Full Version : Sweetwater 27 - Iowa Park 21 FINAL in OT

Ranger Mom
11-25-2005, 10:01 PM
Way to go Mustangs!

Heck of a game Iowa Park.

Sounded like one heck of a ballgame!!

LewP
11-25-2005, 11:47 PM
WHEW!!!!!!Cudos to the Iowa Park Hawks...that was a heck of a team. Much respect goes out to them.

Ranger Mom
11-26-2005, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by LewP
WHEW!!!!!!Cudos to the Iowa Park Hawks...that was a heck of a team. Much respect goes out to them.

Thanks to you for the updates also!!

I Bleed Red08
11-26-2005, 01:05 AM
Wow the game scared me for a while. Great season Iowa Park!
Mustangs good job on never giving up and quarter finals here we come!!!

injuredinmelee
11-26-2005, 01:11 AM
Im going to say this at least one time a day until football season is over....

LET #3 TOUCH THE BALL 25 TIMES A GAME!!!

I know his name by the way I just choose not to use kids names anymore when I am questioning anyones judgement, character, or etc...

sweetwater08
11-26-2005, 01:19 AM
great game iowa park. our line couldnt stop #40. every time he got the ball he ran for about 5 yards. i really thought it was over when it was 7-21 but some how we stayed in it and fought back.

NEXT VICTIM...

wildstangs
11-26-2005, 01:19 AM
Just got in from Stephenville - Very exciting game. Iowa Park's offensive and defensive lines were in our face the whole game. Their backs were very talented and gained huge chunks of yards all night up until the last 6 minutes of the game and overtime. The big Tech commit is the real deal. Sweetwater played a heck of a game, and made HUGE plays when it needed to. I knew when #6 intercepted the IP ball in OT that we had it in the bag. Cant wait to see the outcome of Monahans-Bridgeport.

smustangs
11-26-2005, 01:24 AM
WOW what a game very impressed w/ the hawks had a great team that o and d line was very impressive great game to both teams im just glad we could come out on top

mrescape43
11-26-2005, 09:13 AM
Congrats to the Mustangs! Wish I could have seen this game. Sounded really exciting. Good luck next week and hopefully a couple more after that!

Macarthur
11-26-2005, 09:58 AM
Congrats to the stangs from a hawk fan.

that one was a tough one for us to lose. i felt the game turned when we had the 3rd and 1 and got two straight false start penalties. SW was out of timeouts and that one yard and the game was over. IP made two big mental errors and you guys took advantage. congrats.

sWaterislife
11-26-2005, 10:38 AM
I think Sweetwater has more of chance to lose next week because Sweetwater left it all on the field just to get back in the game .. Iowa Park gave the game of their life and your right that 3rd and 1 was huge...

SwtwtrMstngs04
11-26-2005, 12:05 PM
One of the greatest games ive seen in quite some time. Great job to the hawks. Congrats Mustangs keep it goin.

S-WtrMustangFan
11-26-2005, 02:23 PM
"Reward" I lost my voice in Stephenville if found please return to Sweetwater.Great game Iowa Park you guy's have a lot of heart and one hell of a tough football team.It's good to see our Mustang's win but then again its sad to see a team play as hard as you guys played and not be playing next week.To your fans we had twice the crowd that you had and most of the time you drownded us out we could barely hear ourselves.You could tell there was a lotta luv for the Hawks.Keep your heads high i know we will see you again next year.:thumbsup:

Macarthur
11-26-2005, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Just got in from Stephenville - The big Tech commit is the real deal.

Not to be nit picky, but did you think going in that he wasn't?

Big 12 schools don't just give out scholarship offers to everyone.

sWaterislife
11-26-2005, 02:43 PM
There's always a bust here or there... some guys just dont pan out and some walk on's turn into stars... so you never know to you see it for yourself..

wildstangs
11-26-2005, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
Not to be nit picky, but did you think going in that he wasn't?

Big 12 schools don't just give out scholarship offers to everyone.

I guess I was more surprised by the size of Iowa Park as a whole. #79 didn't look too much bigger than the other guys on the line - they were all pretty big.

GetRDoneStangs
11-26-2005, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by S-WtrMustangFan
"Reward" I lost my voice in Stephenville if found please return to Sweetwater.Great game Iowa Park you guy's have a lot of heart and one hell of a tough football team.It's good to see our Mustang's win but then again its sad to see a team play as hard as you guys played and not be playing next week.To your fans we had twice the crowd that you had and most of the time you drownded us out we could barely hear ourselves.You could tell there was a lotta luv for the Hawks.Keep your heads high i know we will see you again next year.:thumbsup:

yes IP does have a heck of a great team!! It was so close through the whole game and it was great to see two great teams go into a tie breaker like that. Awesome game last night for both teams.

Guess I will see yall tonight in the bowl.

:)

Whsdogs
11-26-2005, 03:12 PM
i will say that if sweetwater will play ball like they did the first quarter and last 5 minutes of the game they will be ok in the playoffs....but man i noticed that in between then they seemed to cruise through and just go with the motions...they are lucky they have some athletes cause that would have been trouble...there were numerous times when watching guys would be joggin their routes and stuff and it just made me a little angry inside to see that but now they know that teams wont lay down for them and they will have to play football...wheew with that said lets go RED!:D

sweetwater07
11-26-2005, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Im going to say this at least one time a day until football season is over....

LET #3 TOUCH THE BALL 25 TIMES A GAME!!!

I know his name by the way I just choose not to use kids names anymore when I am questioning anyones judgement, character, or etc...

jackson's big thing is no one person more than the team so #3 (joseph banyard) doesn't get the ball very often...i talk to him a lot and you can see his frustration when it comes to this topic.....he is a BEAST!!