PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Lights

Bullaholic
11-25-2005, 11:17 AM
This will be my 34th Christmas as a married homeowner. I want to know why over that span of time that I find myself buying more outdoor Christmas lights and decorations? Surely in that span of time any intelligent man would have accumulated a "working" collection of outdoor decorations---but noooooooo, I look at "tangle" of cords and bulbs, maybe check a few to see if they light, and when one doesn't, I throw it down in disgust and run off to buy more and more---knowing full well the same thing will happen next Christmas. My wife says I am just like Chevy Chase in "Christmas Vacation", and I guess I'll have to admit that I am---I love it when I finally get everything going and plug it all in---throw the switch and the entire Western world lights up and the power company has to add generating capacity to handle the load. Any of you folks feel my simontaneous "pain" and "joy" ? Hope you all have as much "fun" decorating for Christmas as I do.....

pirate4state
11-25-2005, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
This will be my 34th Christmas as a married homeowner. I want to know why over that span of time that I find myself buying more outdoor Christmas lights and decorations? Surely in that span of time any intelligent man would have accumulated a "working" collection of outdoor decorations---but noooooooo, I look at "tangle" of cords and bulbs, maybe check a few to see if they light, and when one doesn't, I throw it down in disgust and run off to buy more and more---knowing full well the same thing will happen next Christmas. My wife says I am just like Chevy Chase in "Christmas Vacation", and I guess I'll have to admit that I am---I love it when I finally get everything going and plug it all in---throw the switch and the entire Western world lights up and the power company has to add generating capacity to handle the load. Any of you folks feel my simontaneous "pain" and "joy" ? Hope you all have as much "fun" decorating for Christmas as I do..... I feel your pain!! :D My lights will go up sometime this weekend and I'm gonna need at least 3 people helping me!! :doh: We should all take pics of our handy work and see who is more like Chevy!!! :D :D

I don't even want to say how much $$ I dissed out last year for lights!!! :eek: :hairpunk:

lepfan
11-25-2005, 11:24 AM
I am the one who always climbed on the housetop to put the lights up...BUT, after my fall off the kitchen table I don't think I will climb up there...so now I am sitting here wondering how we are going to get those lights up there...another kink is we have cedar shakes instead of a composition roof...

tangled lights are no threat to me...I am one of those people who can sit and untangle lights without getting driven crazy (could it be because I am already there)

44INAROW
11-25-2005, 11:26 AM
This will be my 34th Christmas as a married homeowner. Hope you all have as much "fun" decorating for Christmas as I do.....

I am sure my husband (his is 30 years of the tradition) feels your pain.. He wants to know how the lights get all tangled up, since when he packs them, they are neatly placed in the box :thinking: :thinking: Several of the neighbors got their lights up yesterday. I guess I know what we'll (he'll) be doing Sunday :doh: :doh:

pirate4state
11-25-2005, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
IHe wants to know how the lights get all tangled up, since when he packs them, they are neatly placed in the box :thinking: :thinking: I'm sure its b/c he is so excited to get them out that he just grabs 'em and "poof" they are tangled!! LOL :D Happens to the best of us. All of mine are neatly wrapped and I'm sure I'll be cussing up a storm come Saturday or Sunday when they end up in a tangled mess in the front yard!! :rolleyes:

Astrosdawg07
11-25-2005, 03:21 PM
This will be my 34th Christmas as a married homeowner. I want to know why over that span of time that I find myself buying more outdoor Christmas lights and decorations? Surely in that span of time any intelligent man would have accumulated a "working" collection of outdoor decorations---but noooooooo, I look at "tangle" of cords and bulbs, maybe check a few to see if they light, and when one doesn't, I throw it down in disgust and run off to buy more and more---knowing full well the same thing will happen next Christmas. My wife says I am just like Chevy Chase in "Christmas Vacation", and I guess I'll have to admit that I am---I love it when I finally get everything going and plug it all in---throw the switch and the entire Western world lights up and the power company has to add generating capacity to handle the load. Any of you folks feel my simontaneous "pain" and "joy" ? Hope you all have as much "fun" decorating for Christmas as I do.....

My dad does so your not alone.

Ranger Mom
11-25-2005, 06:00 PM
I have turned into the scrooge, I guess.

Outside lights - GONE!

Yard decorations - GONE!

10 foot gigantic christmas tree - GONE!

I am now the proud owner of a 7 foot pre-lit tree.

I can be fully decorated for Christmas now in under an hour!!:D