PDA

View Full Version : There Should Be Law.............

ILS1
11-25-2005, 10:39 AM
...........against MAIL-IN REBATES!!!! I hate 'em!!! I hate 'em!!! I hate 'em!!!! Sure it sounds like a good deal and you THINK you will get your money back but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! The last 2 times I sent in mail-in rebates they made SURE there was something I forgot to sign or send in!!! This very computer I'm on had a $150 dollar mail-in rebate. I sent EVERYTHING they wanted me to,so I waited and waited and waited!!! They said 6-8 weeks (more like 6-8 months on some occassions). I called after 8 weeks and lo' and behold "Sir,you forgot to send in your UPC code that's on the box"!!!! After that day,I swore I would never,ever buy anything on sale that had a mail-in rebate. Today,I go to Best Buy and buy a new 1 GB SD memory card for my digital camera. It normally sales for $109.99 but I got it for $39.99. I take it to the register and they charge me $59.99. I said wait a minute!!! I thought it was $39.99. $109.99 minus $50 instant rebate......wait for it..........plus a $20 MAIL-IN rebate!!!! I almost fell out!!!!!!! I still bought it!! I filled out the rebate form in front of the manager and he said everything was correct. I told him if I don't get my money back,I'm coming back to the store and have him explain it to me!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

wos fan1
11-25-2005, 10:45 AM
Don't tell me that. I just mailed in a 250.00 rebate on my new Computer. It was alot of crap to fill out and send in.

99IHSMustang
11-25-2005, 12:07 PM
It will take about 6 months before you will even see your rebate. On top of that I have had people tell me that there is always something missing or wrong when they get the rebate check back. Think about it... You wait 6 months and finally get the check. Then you find out that your name is misspelled which means you can't cash it and they have to send you another one. How long do you think you are going to have to wait... that's right another 6 months more than likely. Most people by then just think "forget it". When shopping and comparing prices just go by the price without the rebate becuase more than likely you will never see it.

GreenMonster
11-25-2005, 12:28 PM
I've been burned a few times on these Mail In rebates myself. Office Depot is really bad about it. Dirtbags. I will not participate in one of these offers again either.

Ranger Mom
11-25-2005, 03:53 PM
I have never had a problem with rebates.....I make a copy of my receipt with instructions for what all I need on it.

I check everything off as I accumulate it, make copies of everything....and then check them off AGAIN as I put it into the envelope!

Takes a little more time, but worth it end the end!

Maroon87
11-25-2005, 04:33 PM
Sometimes you feel like you're applying for a loan with all the crap they make you fill out.

piratebg
11-25-2005, 08:25 PM
Mail in rebates are a waste of time. I don't even bother buying anything that has a rebate. I'll buy it if it is on sale, but if it is on sale and has a rebate then forget it, unless the sale price is good enough. Best Buy and Circuit City ads drive me crazy like that.

Pmoney
11-25-2005, 08:40 PM
i had a $50 mail-in rebate on my cell phone and it took 2-4 months to come in....i thought i would never get it

maroonpirate04
11-26-2005, 12:33 AM
I don't pay attention to rebates but they are alot of hassel to fill out everything so much papers just get money for it. But today I went Best Buy and bought the movie Blade 3. Well when I got home to open the dvd the 2 discs were missing. That got me really:mad: Now I have to drive back to Corpus and go return it to get a new one

piratebg
11-26-2005, 12:37 AM
I started buying previously viewed movies at Movie Gallery. It is a little cheaper and a lot shorter drive.

injuredinmelee
11-26-2005, 12:55 AM
I get so whizzed at these salespeople telling me well its got a rebate.. they can stick that rebate in their nose (im being good). I dont touch them anymore. Once screwed shame on you.. i will never make it shame on me.

its_n_ D_water
11-26-2005, 10:40 AM
Well its good to know I wasn't the only one that has been burnt by rebates....I bought a jacuzzi tub from Lowes ,5 months before I was ready to install it, just because it had a rebate....I was remodeling the house ...So for 5 months this thing was in the way ...move it here, move it there....I guess lessons learned and to top it off .....dang people from jacuzzi never sent me the rebate...:mad:

mrescape43
11-26-2005, 10:48 AM
I agree that the time rebates arrive is usually slow, but I have always got them. One thing to remember is to be sure to make a copy of everything that you send. There is no telling how much extra money the companies make by people losing receipts, upc codes and such.

Adidas410s
11-26-2005, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by ILS1
...........against MAIL-IN REBATES!!!! I hate 'em!!! I hate 'em!!! I hate 'em!!!! Sure it sounds like a good deal and you THINK you will get your money back but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! The last 2 times I sent in mail-in rebates they made SURE there was something I forgot to sign or send in!!! This very computer I'm on had a $150 dollar mail-in rebate. I sent EVERYTHING they wanted me to,so I waited and waited and waited!!! They said 6-8 weeks (more like 6-8 months on some occassions). I called after 8 weeks and lo' and behold "Sir,you forgot to send in your UPC code that's on the box"!!!! After that day,I swore I would never,ever buy anything on sale that had a mail-in rebate. Today,I go to Best Buy and buy a new 1 GB SD memory card for my digital camera. It normally sales for $109.99 but I got it for $39.99. I take it to the register and they charge me $59.99. I said wait a minute!!! I thought it was $39.99. $109.99 minus $50 instant rebate......wait for it..........plus a $20 MAIL-IN rebate!!!! I almost fell out!!!!!!! I still bought it!! I filled out the rebate form in front of the manager and he said everything was correct. I told him if I don't get my money back,I'm coming back to the store and have him explain it to me!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
yeah I saw this on sale and still may go buy it for my camera...but I HATE rebates! We use them on so many of our phones and I always fill them out for a customer and attach all the paperwork for them and say "put this in an envelope and mail it off by this date...and you WILL get your money back" and I have a 100% success rate with it. That plus customers really appreciate it.