PDA

View Full Version : I am getting excited about BC vs Hutto and the other SE TXs games against Dist. 19-3A

Old Cardinal
11-24-2005, 11:12 AM
After the gloom has passed this gives a good BC staff an opportunity to have a real challenge to beat Hutto. Having seen Hutto; BC was a 3 TD favorite going in--now they will be spottiing the Hippos about 3 TD because of all the timing issues.
Hutto beat Giddings 20-12 and I believe that WO-S will beat that team by as much as they want. Upstart Kirbyville has the opportunity to beat Yoe coming from a 3rd team position in District just like Jasper did last year.
I hear all the hype coming out of 19-3A but their is absolutely nothing empirically to substantiate those claims. Mostly they beef up their win records through the years against weak Region IV teams. SE TX has given Region III the stronger teams for a long time now.

I am excited about the innovative changes BC has to make to be able to win now. Claude Tarver is an Engineering graduate that just loves football. He is very intelligent and not the type Coach that the only "As" he made in college were in P.E.:rolleyes: He has a whole lot of youth that want to be Engineering majors in college that just enjoy the teamwork/companionship aspects of playing HS football together.
This team was possiblely a future Division II champ with Dishon; however, we will see what they can do laboring under the changes and with innovations they can come up with against a new set of odds.
WO-S will have a cakewalk because they are that good and I suspect that Yoe will be in a stiff game with upstart Kirbyville--a game that can go either way.
19-3A has no proven history to make all the hype filled claims from their performance in the past. It should be a funfilled weekend.

Old Green
11-24-2005, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal

I hear all the hype coming out of 19-3A but their is absolutely nothing empirically to substantiate those claims. Mostly they beef up their win records through the years against weak Region IV teams. SE TX has given Region III the stronger teams for a long time now.

19-3A has no proven history to make all the hype filled claims from their performance in the past. . Old Cardinal, I don't think they playedvery many Weak Region 4 teams.

Giddings played Yoakum Region 4 team
Hutto played Liberty Hill Region 4 team
Caldwell played all Region 3
Other teams in the district played mostly 4A's and Region 3 3A teams except La Grange
La Grange played Gonzales and Cuero, two playoff teams from Region 4.

I think I can say that District 19-3A did not pad their stats by playing teams from Region 4 this year.:thinking:

44INAROW
11-24-2005, 11:42 AM

This team was possiblely a future Division II champ with Dishon;

I think at this point, any team playing is possibly the future D II Champion.

signed

A Gobbler Fan from Weak Region IV
:D

LH Panther Mom
11-24-2005, 11:52 AM

19-3A has no proven history to make all the hype filled claims from their performance in the past.

I can think of a folks I speak for besides myself when I say that the "weak Region IV" and "SE Texas contains the only good teams in Region III" comments get old after awhile. Old Card, in the previous 5 seasons, only ONE 3a team from SE Texas has made the championship game. La Grange, from that so-called weak district 19 has been there twice and is the only Region III team to win a championship during those 5 seasons.

shankbear
11-24-2005, 11:59 AM
LH, you got it.

ILS1
11-24-2005, 12:00 PM
Having seen Hutto; BC was a 3 TD favorite going in--now they will be spottiing the Hippos about 3 TD because of all the timing issues.

I don't know why you think 1 player can be a 6 TD difference. You make it sound like he's the best thing since sliced bread!! To be honest,this is the 1st time I've ever heard his name. You don't think his O-line,RB's,receivers or coaches has ANYTHING to do with his success?? This is a TEAM sport!!! BTW,I still think Hutto would have won with him playing!! Their defense is peaking right now!!!They have held their own against top QB's,Giddings Fitzhenry and Marlin's Jeremy Sanders. I don't see how he's any different!!! I can't remember who has it in their signature but it is so true!! Offense wins games,defense wins championships!!!

:D

LH Panther Mom
11-24-2005, 12:31 PM
Well, as much as I detest admitting it, I was incorrect. La Grange was in Region IV in 2000 & 2001. Gosh, more weakness here. ;) Right now there are 8 division 1 teams and 16 for division 2. I doubt any of those teams is weak, regardless of their location.

Chris Hart
11-24-2005, 12:41 PM
But, somehow those weak Reg IV teams seem to always beat those world beaters from Reg III in the semis each year. I think maybe those Reg III teams are just too beat up by the semis to compete, lol:rolleyes:

BlueBlood
11-24-2005, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
But, somehow those weak Reg IV teams seem to always beat those world beaters from Reg III in the semis each year. I think maybe those Reg III teams are just too beat up by the semis to compete, lol:rolleyes:

Actually, I think that is what a lot of Region III teams think.

hutex04
11-24-2005, 01:01 PM
You saw hutto beat a team that would be favored against your Bridge City team. I dont know how you go away unimpressed by that. Ive seen Bridge Citys record the last 3 or 4 years. Definetly not a powerhouse. Just a few years ago you were 0-10. So its not like yall are some world beaters.

GS#17
11-24-2005, 01:01 PM
What has been interesting to me is how much stronger R4 is in 3A than it is in 4A. In 4A, R4 has had a lot of trouble with R3, but in 3A, they have some of the best teams in the state.

Old Tiger
11-24-2005, 01:36 PM
I'll stick to what Old Cardinal says "the best teams are the teams with higher enrollment cause of the selection of athletes" :D

Goldenstick
11-24-2005, 01:45 PM
I disagree with OC. I think region III is probably the weakest region in 3a. Region IV continually puts out top calibur teams with LaGrange, Sinton, Cuero, Wimberly and LH coming on strong. Then up north you got Gainsville, Atlanta, Gilmer. Head out west and Abiline Wylie is always in the hunt. Region III hasn't had a championship in a while

Old Cardinal
11-24-2005, 02:45 PM
The bottom line is that Jasper from SE TX has dominated Region III since they came in from 4A to 3A not 19-3A, that is what this thread is all about to start with that 19-3A has dominated no one for a long time and the present 19-3A hype is not justified.

Old Cardinal
11-24-2005, 02:47 PM
nm

Rabbit'93
11-24-2005, 03:07 PM
OC what does egineering have to do with football?

Old Cardinal
11-24-2005, 04:39 PM
The word is "engineering" Mr. Rabbitt 93.
To answer your questions is that:
Sound intelligent engineering background=superior strategy development, solid actuation, and modeling ability to be innovative; coupled with a knack to be adaptive under changing situations.
In other words I think Coach Tarver is bright enough to maximize this teams' chances under these less than desirable circumstances. He has a good football coaching record of planning, organizing, actuating, and ultimately controlling a new and alien situation--such as his team faces right now. I am excited to see what they will be able to do Saturday via innovation
I don't think all the bragging coming from 19-3A across the board is that warranted.

44INAROW
11-24-2005, 04:54 PM
The bottom line is that Jasper from SE TX has dominated Region III since they came in from 4A to 3A

I have tried to find out where Jasper is playing this week, but I can't seem to find out. Can someone help me? :confused:

Old Cardinal
11-24-2005, 05:00 PM
Another SE TX team edged them out this year..

44INAROW
11-24-2005, 05:08 PM
nm it's like arguing with a 3 yr old........

Only comment I have is, I thoroughly enjoyed the meeting of the Reg III and Reg IV finalist last year. I hope we're in the same position again this year :)

LH Panther Mom
11-24-2005, 05:32 PM
The bottom line is that Jasper from SE TX has dominated Region III since they came in from 4A to 3A not 19-3A, that is what this thread is all about to start with that 19-3A has dominated no one for a long time and the present 19-3A hype is not justified.
Okay, well if Jasper had been mentioned in the original post, it might've made more sense, at least to me. :doh: If I understand your point, it is that historically Jasper has dominated Region III in recent years, BUT is now no longer in the playoffs. Soooo, because BC defeated this year the past dominating team, that automatically gives BC the upper hand over the district 19 teams. :thinking:

Old Cardinal
11-24-2005, 05:39 PM
Not exactly LH Mom you went one step too far--BC along with WO-S and Kirbyville are viable Region III teams from another part of Region III.
The hype being expounded by 19-3A is just not accurate-- they have not done doodley in quite a while in Region III. That is what this origional thread is all about District 19-3A has no claim to being so dominate..

LH Panther Mom
11-24-2005, 05:41 PM
Okie doke. I think we're on the same page. Hopefully some of them will be able to do doodley this week.

(Hmmm.....I always heard doodley squat. ;) )

j_dog
11-24-2005, 05:44 PM
Sunday we will know, and this thread will be moot! :p

WOS1
11-24-2005, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Okie doke. I think we're on the same page. Hopefully some of them will be able to do doodley this week.

(Hmmm.....I always heard doodley squat. ;) )

Hey... don't be dumping all of region III teams in with OC. I'm sure if 24 3A still had all of our reps still playing, we would be crowing too.;)

theyoefnshow
11-24-2005, 08:29 PM
Please tell me who from Region 4 is much of an impact team? Only 2 come to mind. Cuero & Liberty Hill. What has WO-S done to become such a big name other than dropping from 4A? The sad part is that if Hutto wins Saturday, the loss will be backed up by the QB situation. Fact is, There are SOME excellent teams in all regions. If you put Cameron, Hutto or Giddings against every single Region 4 team, chances are they'll beat most of them. By calling D19 "hype" that's slapping teams like Bellville in the face. Hutto took LH to the limit at the beginning of the season and one play could have made the difference. We'll see who's standing tall come Saturday night and when all the smoke clears, don't be too suprised to see Giddings scheduled for Wimberly next week & Hutto vs. Cameron in the Quarterfinal round.

Crimestick
11-24-2005, 08:41 PM
Well, we've (WO-S) won a lot of games. I don't think Reg. III is dominant, nor do I think our district is. I think we have a fairly weak district. I'm not all that certain that we'll win tomorrow. However, we've done more than just drop from 4a. Plenty of teams dropped at the same time as us.

theyoefnshow
11-24-2005, 08:47 PM
Hutto & Giddings are 10-2 Cameron is 12-0. You take 3 of the other teams in our EIGHT team district (Caldwell, Rockdale & La Grange) put them in another district and they would have likely made the playoffs. It's unfair to look at those guys and see several losses and think they are week. They just had the unfortunate luck to be in the same district as the 3 aforementioned teams. I don't think any of our 3 are overrated nor do I believe there to be any "hype" to them. They just go out there and play their game. When you look at the losses to these 2 teams, (Hutto & Giddings) they are to Cameron and Liberty Hill. That's it. Sorry if that doesn't meet a certain level of respect but I think any team that has gotten this far deserves it.

Crimestick
11-24-2005, 09:16 PM
Trust me, we at WO-S understand. Our 4a district was considered, for about five years there, to be the strongest in the state all-around, and it consisted of NINE teams. I respect anyone who is still in the playoffs at this point. You can't judge our district nor our fans by a post by Old Card. Even we - heck, ESPECIALLY we - think he's full of it.

theyoefnshow
11-24-2005, 10:02 PM
I've seemed to gather that much myself over the years lol

rockdale80
11-24-2005, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by theyoefnshow
Hutto & Giddings are 10-2 Cameron is 12-0. You take 3 of the other teams in our EIGHT team district (Caldwell, Rockdale & La Grange) put them in another district and they would have likely made the playoffs. It's unfair to look at those guys and see several losses and think they are week. They just had the unfortunate luck to be in the same district as the 3 aforementioned teams. I don't think any of our 3 are overrated nor do I believe there to be any "hype" to them. They just go out there and play their game. When you look at the losses to these 2 teams, (Hutto & Giddings) they are to Cameron and Liberty Hill. That's it. Sorry if that doesn't meet a certain level of respect but I think any team that has gotten this far deserves it.

Bingo...:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

WOSgrad
11-25-2005, 09:09 AM
In reading the thread, I am struck by a couple of things:

1. Some of the point spreads that WO-S is predicted to win by tonight. 4 TD's? Are you kidding me? This is a state quarterfinal game against a team in Giddings that puts a whole bunch of points on the board. Do I believe that the Mustang D will be able to slow them down? Yes. Are there those that reasonably disagree with this? I'm sure there are. I don't see anything more than a 10 point spread either way.

2. I have nothing but love for Bridge City, and will root for them on Saturday as I am listening to the game on kogt.com. However, I am struck that a WO-S victory over Jasper lended nothing to WO-S' strength of schedule according to one BC poster, yet a BC win over Jasper installed BC in same poster's mind as a "3 TD favorite" this week.

LH Panther Mom
11-25-2005, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by WOS1
Hey... don't be dumping all of region III teams in with OC. I'm sure if 24 3A still had all of our reps still playing, we would be crowing too.;)
I would never do that. I'm fully aware of the caliber of teams that come out of all parts of Region III each year. :) I just don't think that a district's lack of "domination historically" plays into anything THIS year.