PDA

View Full Version : New BC/Hutto predictions

Paratrooper
11-23-2005, 05:39 PM
Losing BC's quarterback this week will be a HUGE blow to Bridge City. Dishon is a constant threat. I think BC will probably play Stringer at QB to replace Dishon. I think this severely tightens the noose on a Bridge City win. It is a very hard task to lose your star quarterback.

New Prediction

BC 21
Hutto 20

hutex04
11-23-2005, 06:32 PM
Hutto has a decent chance winning with the qb not injured. I dont know how well the backup is. But it looks better for Hutto right now. It should still be a close game, BC Defense is great, but if that offense cant move the ball, the D is sure to get tired. Good luck and safe travels
Hutto 28
BC 10

3ABirdMan
11-23-2005, 09:51 PM
I think the WO-S fans will agree with my next statement........

This BC team does not know the meaning of the word quit!

In the WO-S game, we were way down, and yes, WO-S helped a little bit, but our team hung in there and clawed their way back into the game, against one of the state's best! It would have been easy to make excuses, hang their heads, and take a whipping, but they didn't.

One of the comments I've heard over and over about this team is they enjoy playing together, and have fun with it. They play as a TEAM. And I believe they will win AND lose as a team.

So, does losing Dishon hurt? NO DOUBT! Are we done? NO WAY! Our D will still be as strong as ever, and DEFENSE wins championships. It's awfully hard to win by outscoring your opponent simply because you have a more potent offense and no defense. Stop the other team from scoring, and offense will take care of itself.

Best of luck to the Hippos! Travel safe, and no injuries! And may the best TEAM win!

Oh yeah, I still pick BC, but by a smaller margin (4 pts).

GS#17
11-23-2005, 10:05 PM
This BC team does not know the meaning of the word quit!

I don't know of many teams that know the meaning of the word "quit." I think they're all champions by walking out on the field -- they all love their teammates, they all have tremendous heart, and they all want a state championship title. BC is no different than most teams in that respect.

Without Dishon, BC has an average offense at best. My honest thought is that BC is in serious trouble, but by no means completely done. They just need to have someone else step it up big time, which has to happen anyway in the playoffs. Armand has been virtually non-existent since WOS shut him down, and without a running game, BC will have a ton of trouble scoring -- BC fans have been saying this for near a month, but maybe this is the week Armand breaks out of his funk. The BC run defense was exploited by WOS, but they did much better against Jasper, so if they can cause some turnovers and stop the Hippo offense, BC has a real chance at winning, even without Dishon (aka, Mr. BC).

Old Cardinal
11-23-2005, 10:17 PM
Armand ran from the slot and caught 5 passes against WO-S and also caught a TD against Jasper from the slot. I don't think he should be attack on here. He mostly carried the ball from the tailback position in short yardage situations and was more than effective! Quit saying WO-S shut them down! They ran all over that team in the second half and Armand helped get 21 first downs.

To lose Dishon is a major blow--it's like spotting the Hippo team 3 TDs before the game. Can they pull off a win in the 3rd round with a whole new timing to develop? It will be difficult to say the least. Yes it is possible but no major mistakes can take place, there is not latitude for error.

wos fan1
11-23-2005, 10:22 PM
Come on OC, i didn't think that was an attack. :thinking: Just the truth!

Old Cardinal
11-23-2005, 10:23 PM
No truth to it just more creative fabrication!

GS#17
11-23-2005, 10:24 PM
That's great, OC. I'm glad he caught all those passes, but he's also your feature tailback, and he's been virtually ineffective at that position since week 10 (especially compared to his pre-WOS numbers). That's not my opinion, that's a fact.

Either way you want to look at it, my point is that Armand has to come through, because without Dishon in the backfield, the Cards will need to rely on him to do more than he's been doing from his RB spot. I think he has the potential to have a big game, and he's certainly due, but if he doesn't come through, it could get very tough for the Cards to move the ball against the Hutto defense.

setex
11-23-2005, 10:27 PM
Old Card

Don't believe GS 17 was slamming the young man, it was the Stangs defense, which is very tight.

GS#17
11-23-2005, 10:28 PM
nm]

ILS1
11-23-2005, 10:31 PM
To lose Dishon is a major blow--it's like spotting the Hippo team 3 TDs before the game.

I believe there are 10 other players on offense as well. BTW,does Dishon play defense too. I think Hutto has already face the best QB in state Marlin's Jeremy Sanders!!

:D

Old Cardinal
11-23-2005, 10:33 PM
He carried the ball 11 times because they were in a spread and he was not the tailback! I don't think they will change the formations just to please you! Fabrications and distortions are all that you are about!

That being pointed out once again. I am sure Armand and everyone on that team will have to step it up from what every formations they choose to run from to win over Hutto. I have seen Hutto play last week and we were much better than Hutto but with this unfortunate change I think that the game plan has to change some on offense to win.

GS#17
11-23-2005, 10:35 PM
OC, is projection your only defense mechanism or just your favorite?

shankbear
11-23-2005, 10:39 PM
17 and OC..yall need a meet & greet at 50 paces. Rotten tomatos as the weapons of choice. Just good clean fun.

Old Cardinal
11-23-2005, 10:40 PM
#17, I just get tired of hearing your silly baloney.

wos fan1
11-23-2005, 10:41 PM
???:thinking: it's not silly.

GS#17
11-23-2005, 10:41 PM
What's funny is that he's writing exactly what I'm writing -- he just can't stand to have someone else post it. He's in a terrible state -- does he agree with a WOS fan or make an arse out of himself? Somehow, he chose to do both! :D

Old Cardinal
11-23-2005, 10:52 PM
Personally I would guess they will stay in the spread most of the night. Stringer is a good baseball pitcher and an accurate passer and if Ellender goes in he also is a good passer. Timing is not so critical from the spread in this trade-out of personnel at QB.

shankbear
11-23-2005, 10:55 PM
Ellender is dinged up a bit also in his rotator cuff I hear.

Hupernikomen
11-23-2005, 10:56 PM
Sadly you only have a few days to adjust your offense and we had most of the season. Still think BC has a great shot at this since they have a stout defense.

BIFF
11-23-2005, 11:08 PM
hold on what happen to the kid
rumor sez that he has fractured a vertebrae in a car wreck
if thats true
"what in all thats holy are yall blabbin about"
its kinda sick
but if hes like twisted an ankle playing basketball I Agree

Paratrooper
11-24-2005, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by BIFF
hold on what happen to the kid
rumor sez that he has fractured a vertebrae in a car wreck
if thats true
"what in all thats holy are yall blabbin about"
its kinda sick
but if hes like twisted an ankle playing basketball I Agree

Biffister, check it out. NOONE and I mean NOONE is happy about this, not Hutto folks, Bridge City folks, or WOS folks......NOONE. However, it is legitimate to talk about who is replacing who or how you think the game will turn out. I have read post after post of folks who are wishing him the best in recovery, "so lighten up Francis"

wos fan1
11-24-2005, 12:02 AM
No kidding.

shankbear
11-24-2005, 12:12 AM
The Biffmiester spoke a bit too soon. This board and at least 2 others have been nothing but supportive of John. Nobody relishes an injury happening to anybody else and that was never evident in any way in the preceeding posts here. Not in this thread or any other.

hutex04
11-24-2005, 01:57 AM
lets all calm down, it should still be a great game. The qb is gonna be 100% for baseball season and things could have been worse. Keep your prayers with the family and hope he has a speedy recovery. Bridge City has a very tough task now against a great Hutto D. But i know they will play there hearts out and should be a very competitive game.

Paratrooper
11-24-2005, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by hutex04
Bridge City has a very tough task now against a great Hutto D. But i know they will play there hearts out and should be a very competitive game.

I do agree it is going to be much tougher to beat Hutto. This is a huge break for Hutto, but that is how it goes in the playoffs. People get hurt. If Bridge City still beats Hutto without Dishon imagine what the score would be with him in there.

BIFF
11-24-2005, 08:28 AM
hey if yall want to go on go ahead
yeah why not
he was just one of your players or team mates
its just a fracture
he will be back by baseball......

take it easy ?
hes a freakin kid man not to mention his mom and dad who are probably still shookin up

make fun of me all you want but out of respect no more comments from here
all of the speculation and who is REPLACING
who ? are you serious
to give sorrows felt and replacement quotes in the same breath?

go ahead Ill leave yall alone have fun
freaks

Paratrooper
11-24-2005, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by BIFF
hey if yall want to go on go ahead
yeah why not
he was just one of your players or team mates
its just a fracture
he will be back by baseball......

take it easy ?
hes a freakin kid man not to mention his mom and dad who are probably still shookin up

make fun of me all you want but out of respect no more comments from here
all of the speculation and who is REPLACING
who ? are you serious
to give sorrows felt and replacement quotes in the same breath?

go ahead Ill leave yall alone have fun
freaks

Strange:rolleyes:

BIFF
11-24-2005, 08:39 AM
yes you are:rolleyes:

BIFF
11-24-2005, 08:40 AM
And:crazy:

WOSgrad
11-24-2005, 09:20 AM
I guess I don't quite understand the offense that is being taken, either. Yes, it is horrible that Johnny was injured, regardless of whether he was to be at quarterback for BC this weekend or was a student with no plans for the weekend. Equally so, we are thankful that he did not suffer any paralyzing injuries so that it appears he will be able to fully recover and even more so, that he will be with us to make that recovery.

That being said, there is a football game that is going on this weekend in his absence. A football game in which his ability to perform or Hutto's ability to keep him from performing appeared to be a major factor in who would be playing next week. Thus, the change in that dynamic and how it affects the football game appears to be a somewhat appropriate (FINALLY THAT OCCURS ON THIS BOARD) topic on a message board devoted to football in the particular classification in which these two schools play!

I guess you take the thread as diminishing the young man's injury....I respectfully disagree. The boys from Bridge City, with Johnny Dishon in their heart, must take the field in Klein on Saturday. Coach Tarver won't forfeit the game and neither Hutto nor the UIL will wait for Dishon's injury to heal. How they look to proceed without him is something that I am interested in.

ILS1
11-24-2005, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by WOSgrad
I guess I don't quite understand the offense that is being taken, either. Yes, it is horrible that Johnny was injured, regardless of whether he was to be at quarterback for BC this weekend or was a student with no plans for the weekend. Equally so, we are thankful that the injuries he suffered he did not suffer any paralyzing injuries so that it appears he will be able to fully recover and even more so, that he will be with us to make that recovery.

That being said, there is a football game that is going on this weekend in his absence. A football game in which his ability to perform or Hutto's ability to keep him from performing appeared to be a major factor in who would be playing next week. Thus, the change in that dynamic and how it affects the football game appears to be a somewhat appropriate (FINALLY THAT OCCURS ON THIS BOARD) topic on a message board devoted to football in the particular classification in which these two schools play!

I guess you take the thread as diminishing the young man's injury....I respectfully disagree. The boys from Bridge City, with Johnny Dishon in their heart, must take the field in Klein on Saturday. Coach Tarver won't forfeit the game and neither Hutto nor the UIL will wait for Dishon's injury to heal. How they look to proceed without him is something that I am interested in.

Well said,WOSgrad!!! :clap: :clap:

theyoefnshow
11-24-2005, 09:57 AM
Cameron won it's two hardest games this year without our starting QB. Against Giddings & Hutto. Granted it was by a small margin but it isn't impossible. He was injured against Giddings right before half and we had nothing on the board. Backup came in and we scored 21 2nd half. Kinda like Mox from Varsity Blues lol

WOS1
11-24-2005, 10:35 AM
Well.... the way I see it, defense wins championships. If the Cards can keep them off the board then all they need to do on offense is get Hecker within range.

I think BC still wins this game. They've played 2 of the more athletic teams in the state in the last 3 games and I think they'll rise to the occasion.

j_dog
11-24-2005, 05:40 PM
Absolutely no one knows how this will play out. True, having a new QB will affect timing for BC. On the other hand, Hutto will be playing against an offense that surely will be at least a little bit different than what they were preparing for. It seems to me to add a bit of uncertainty in Hutto's defensive preparation because they have no way of scouting someone they have never seen play at QB. It all may come out to be a wash.

BoneyFinger
11-25-2005, 11:05 AM
Without doubt, not playing with your starting quarterback will hurt Bridge City. If I were a player from Hutto, and Hutto wins this game by one touchdown or less, I would always wonder if we could have beaten them with their starting quarterback. When Bridge City played West Orange Stark a few weeks ago, a rumor was floating around about WOS quarterback not playing in the game. That rumor turned out to be false. Although Bridge City lost to WOS, we at least got to play them firing on all cylinders. If he had not played, and Bridge City would have won the game, there would have always been that doubt for Bridge City. Did the best team win?

Well, the fact of the matter is that BC does not have their starting quarterback for this game against Hutto. A sophomore will be the starting quarterback. The situation reminds me of a song by Whitney Houston, One Moment in Time. This game is going to be this young mans one moment in time.

Starting Quarterback or no starting quarterback, both teams’ best be firing on all cylinders because I believe we are going to see some real Texas High School Football this Saturday. It just doesn’t get any better than this!

BIFF
11-25-2005, 11:36 AM
thank you for putting it the right way
yes their is a game to be played
and as far as your qb
well hutto lost a damn good back ourselves to a knee injury
if bridge city wins they are going to wonder if they could really beat us
truth of the matter is qb or not
hutto wins

yeah no one person has heard of us
blah blah
the golden triangle ooooooooo
we havent played anyone

Hutto 49
bridge city 7= due to third string play in the 4th

X Man
11-25-2005, 07:48 PM
Hey Old Fart, How many yards did Armand have rushing against WOS? And how many yards gained on pass reception? I thought he had about 44yd for the whole game, but I might be mistaken.

A BC coach told me that with Dishon out, the 2nd string QB had a hurt shoulder, so the 3rd string QB would be starting. I am hoping for a BC win, but things could be a lot different this week. The task will be for the BC defense to execute flawlessly and for other offensive players to step forward.

GO BC and WOS!!!!!!!!

X Man
11-25-2005, 11:31 PM
Hey Old Fart, No answer?

hutex04
11-27-2005, 01:15 AM
Hutto has a decent chance winning with the qb not injured. I dont know how well the backup is. But it looks better for Hutto right now. It should still be a close game, BC Defense is great, but if that offense cant move the ball, the D is sure to get tired. Good luck and safe travels
Hutto 28
BC 10

Look at my post from days ago, I almost predicted the score right on! haha im so pround of myself I should have placed a bet. Great job Hutto, The D was awsome again, Offense after a shaky 3rd quarter got right back on track and sealed the game like true champions do