PDA

View Full Version : Proud To Be A Texan

maroonpirate04
11-23-2005, 12:05 PM
Greatest place on earth is Texas "It's like a whole other country"
the one thing I'm proud to be born and raised in Texas especially when comes to Friday Night Lights in the fall. Yesterday I recieved the 2005 State Travel Guide found alot of great places to visit for that perfect trip . From the Panhandle Plains, Big Bend Country, Hill Country, Prairie and Lakes, Piney Woods, South Texas Plains, and the Gulf Coast. If I won the lottery my dream vacation would be to visit every town in the state first then of course visit the entire U.S.:D Here are some interesting facts about Texas

Alligator Capital....Anahuac
Barbecue Capital....Lockhart
Bluebird Capital....Wills Point
Cactus Capital....Sanderson
Citrus Capital....Weslaco
Danish Capital....Danevang
Pancake Capital....Hawkins
Pump Jack Capital....Electra
Rodeo Capital....Mesquite
Sausage Capital....Elgin
Sunflower Capital....Hearne

The State's highest mountian, Guadalupe Peak stands at 8,749
Trees cover about 13 percent of Texas total land area
22 million acres are in the East Texas Piney Woods area, the extend over all or parts of 43 countries and includes four national forests totaling more than 637,000 acres and five state forests of more than 7,500 acres
The longest river in the state is the Rio Grande
Next longest river in Texas is the Red River
The longest body of water wholly within the state is Sam Rayburn Reservoir, with a normal surface area of 114,500 acres
Caddo Lake was the only national lake in the state before being damned in the 1900's increasing it's size to 26,800 acres today

Phantom Stang
11-24-2005, 01:07 AM
Thanks for posting this.
I enjoyed reading it.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-24-2005, 10:14 AM
You forgot the most important one!!! :D

Fishing Capital......Port Isabel

maroonpirate04
11-24-2005, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
Thanks for posting this.
I enjoyed reading it.

Your Welcome:) We should cherish this beautiful state of ours:D

Leopards,class of 75
11-24-2005, 12:34 PM
Thanks for all the good info. on our great state of Texas! Most of the facts you listed are new to me, again thanks!

maroonpirate04
11-26-2005, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Leopards,class of 75
Thanks for all the good info. on our great state of Texas! Most of the facts you listed are new to me, again thanks!

Your welcome, It's all new to me also found it very interesting , This travel guilde gave alot of useful facts some of these facts are what they didn't teach you when you were in school. For those of you want a copy go to this website fill out your info and they will send u a state map, travel guilde, and a accommodations guide its a list of hotels, and places to camp , It will be sent to you within 3 or 6 weeks.www.TravelTex.com (http://www.TravelTex.com)

kaorder1999
11-26-2005, 07:57 PM
Antique Capital.......Forney