PDA

View Full Version : Who wins the heisman?

lebron_fan
11-22-2005, 10:39 AM
With his performance against Fresno State i think Reggie might have locked the trophy up for himself...i believe he had 512 all purpose yards...that is freakin nuts...he is definitely the best player in college football and he proved that he is on another level compared to other players in the ncaa....however i do think that vince young still has a really good chance because it is a possibility that leinhart will steal some of bushs votes...split votes for leinhart and bush might be enough for v young to take it...who knows...but right now i would say the best player is reggie bush

Pmoney
11-22-2005, 10:44 AM
i think VY wins it b/c he has played great all year, Bush had ONE great game, all the other games Matt and Reggie were stealing yards from each other....so i think Vince wins it in a close margin over reggie then Matt far behind at 3rd

yoemenkracker30
11-22-2005, 10:47 AM
go vince......hook 'em!

BMOC
11-22-2005, 10:48 AM
My heart is with Vince. My brain and my money (if I was a bettin' man) go with Reggie.

HillBoy
11-22-2005, 10:49 AM
Vince all the way!!!

lebron_fan
11-22-2005, 10:53 AM
im sorry guys it seems i have left a candidate off the list...so i will go ahead and use my write in vote and vote for jorvorskie lane...he is definitely the best player in the country..

spiveyrat
11-22-2005, 10:53 AM
Looks like a lot of folks are voting with their hearts and not their brains.

handNthedirt
11-22-2005, 10:56 AM
In order for VY to have a shot at the Heisman, he needs to have the best game of his college career....and against my Ags, it's very possible.:(

p.s.~ Where's Reggie?

lebron_fan
11-22-2005, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by handNthedirt

p.s.~ Where's Reggie?

Reggie Who????????????
lol

handNthedirt
11-22-2005, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by lebron_fan
Reggie Who????????????
lol

$*%@......I set myself up for that one!!!!

injuredinmelee
11-22-2005, 11:06 AM
im sorry guys it seems i have left a candidate off the list...so i will go ahead and use my write in vote and vote for jorvorskie lane...he is definitely the best player in the country..

If that isn't sarcasm then i have two questions for you... where do you buy your crack and does your momma know?

lebron_fan
11-22-2005, 11:09 AM
:thinking: i wonder if i was serious?????

DaHop72
11-22-2005, 12:42 PM
I vote for lebron_fan as a write in candidate.:doh: :doh:

WitchyWoman
11-22-2005, 12:51 PM
GO VINCE......... HOOK 'EM!!!!

schu1213
11-22-2005, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Pmoney
i think VY wins it b/c he has played great all year, Bush had ONE great game, all the other games Matt and Reggie were stealing yards from each other....so i think Vince wins it in a close margin over reggie then Matt far behind at 3rd

ONE great game? You have got to be joking. Bush is by far the best player in college football. If VY wins this is will throw up. He is not even the best qb much less the best player in football. Come on guys be real about this

3afan
11-22-2005, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by schu1213
... by far the best player in college football. ...

i think its more accurate to say Bush is one of the best players being hyped for the Heisman ... no way to tell who is the best player in college football

FbCoachB40
11-22-2005, 01:02 PM
can we write in Chuck Norris???

schu1213
11-22-2005, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
i think its more accurate to say Bush is one of the best players being hyped for the Heisman ... no way to tell who is the best player in college football

Im pretty sure there is a way to tell who the best player in college football is. Watch the games. I just dont see how you can say that VY deserves to win the heisman over Bush or Lienart. Dont get me wrong Vy is a great athlete i just do not think that he should get this award. We will all see this when USC beats the mess outa ut in the rose bowl. As long as UT can get by those tough aggies haha.

3afan
11-22-2005, 01:11 PM
i hear ya - but all we see is the highlights ....... how do you even define the "best" player ... most highlights? ... best stats? ... his TEAM wins games?

RBush may very well be the best player, but its very subjective ... what about the OT from Penn State that grades 95% -------- there's certainly room for discussion is all I'm saying

schu1213
11-22-2005, 01:14 PM
I define the best player in football as a guy that is a game breaker. A guy that can score anytime he touches the ball. IMO That guy is Reggie Bush. Vy is also a game breaker but i do not think he is explosive a RB. I catch the highlights and stay up till 3 in the morning watching usc. Its insane how late they play.

3afan
11-22-2005, 01:21 PM
I define the best player in football as a guy that is a game breaker. A guy that can score anytime he touches the ball. IMO That guy is Reggie Bush. Vy is also a game breaker but i do not think he is explosive a RB. I catch the highlights and stay up till 3 in the morning watching usc. Its insane how late they play.

and Bush is not the passer Young is, so its tit for tat ... guess we'll find out soon enuf

schu1213
11-22-2005, 01:29 PM
Yup we will

Hupernikomen
11-22-2005, 07:27 PM
Yup we will

So when UT bombs USC does that make VY better than Bush??

Bush is clearly the best RB this season.
VY and Leinhart are debateable about who is the best QB this season (on teams that matter anyways)..hold the Heisman vote till after the Rose Bowl and let the victor win the spoil.

Ranger05
11-22-2005, 08:33 PM
i want vince to win but i think its gonna go to reggie bush

lostaussie
11-22-2005, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
Looks like a lot of folks are voting with their hearts and not their brains. they can vote with whatever utensil pleases them, but bush is the winner.

Leopards,class of 75
11-22-2005, 10:26 PM
Just my opinion, Vince Young will win the Heisman if Texas pulls the upset in the Rose Bowl.

AggieJohn
11-22-2005, 10:34 PM
heisman will be decided before the rose bowl

Leopards,class of 75
11-22-2005, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
heisman will be decided before the rose bowl Ok, I didn't know that. Thanks for the info. AggieJohn.

crabman
11-22-2005, 10:37 PM
I keep thinking Reggie Bush will win and UT will play USC with two Heisman Trophy winners on it and the network hype will choke you. Perfect motivation for Vince Young. They get their Heismans, he gets his national championship. I am an Aggie but UT is the best team I have seen this year. VaTech was scary but they lost. USC is the most beatable 11-0 team since TCU.

GreenGobbla
11-22-2005, 10:39 PM
its all about that reggie bush....vince thinks hes superman, hes not......

Leopards,class of 75
11-22-2005, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by crabman
I keep thinking Reggie Bush will win and UT will play USC with two Heisman Trophy winners on it and the network hype will choke you. Perfect motivation for Vince Young. They get their Heismans, he gets his national championship. I am an Aggie but UT is the best team I have seen this year. VaTech was scary but they lost. USC is the most beatable 11-0 team since TCU. The fighting Irish came as close as you could get to defeat U.S.C. Texas will have to play at the top of thier game to beat U.S.C. I really think they can and will defeat U.S.C.

Mustangpride09
11-22-2005, 11:00 PM
obviously alot of texas fans, reggie bush is an unstopable force, he walks away with it easiliy.

lebron_fan
11-23-2005, 12:37 AM
i think reggie will win it too

lebron_fan
11-23-2005, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Leopards,class of 75
The fighting Irish came as close as you could get to defeat U.S.C. Texas will have to play at the top of thier game to beat U.S.C. I really think they can and will defeat U.S.C.

the usc texas game will definitely be a shootout..who ever has the least amount of punts will win the game...they both can put up points in a hurry.....bush and leinhart will definitely be on top of their game...and so will vince young...i can just see it now though...vince young throws into coverage and gets picked in a crucial spot

Pmoney
11-23-2005, 01:16 AM
He is not even the best qb much less the best player in football.
just for your information....VY was just named a Davey O'Brien FINALIST(Best QB Award), he is joined by Matt Lienart and Brady Quinn

big daddy russ
11-23-2005, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by Pmoney
just for your information....VY was just named a Davey O'Brien FINALIST(Best QB Award), he is joined by Matt Lienart and Brady Quinn
So was Eric Crouch, Michael Bishop and Tommie Frazier. It's about how dangerous a QB is, not just about passing skills, and Young can kill you with his feet.

PANTHERFAN05
11-23-2005, 01:24 AM
the usc texas game will definitely be a shootout..who ever has the least amount of punts will win the game...they both can put up points in a hurry.....bush and leinhart will definitely be on top of their game...and so will vince young...i can just see it now though...vince young throws into coverage and gets picked in a crucial spot

First of all lebron_fan obviously your expertise is basketball because you have no idea what you are talking about. Vince Young has been the most down graded quaterback with all the Matt Leinhart/Reggie Bush gravy train. Dont get me wrong Reggie Bush is a great player GREAT.... but the difference is that Vince is the only game breaking player on the Longhorns team and he does it by hisself game after game. If Reggie has a bad game then Matt is there to fill in a vice versa. Everything as far as that team is concerned on offense runs through Vince. USC they are very beatable. They left a Fresno State team a 24 point underdog score 42 points on them. Texas' defense will not allow for USC to have a "slow start" the way they seem to do every game and try to come back. USC has not faced a defense as good as Texas' all season so they better get ready. Texas as crushed Kansas one the best defenses in the country without breaking a sweat. Plus USC defense will need a miracle makeover before the Rose Bowl if they plan on even keeping their team in the game. So for the question Vince WINS the Heisman over Reggie. No LUCK---JUST TALENT!!!

lebron_fan
11-23-2005, 01:55 AM
hey well it works both ways cuz texas hasnt seen an offense as good as usc's too....thats why i see it being a shootout but i guess cuz you think im wrong im wrong...

jmcgee
11-23-2005, 02:41 AM
I think Texas is goin to take it to the Trojans if they dont choke before then.

Maroon87
11-23-2005, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by jmcgee
I think Texas is goin to take it to the Trojans if they dont choke before then.

jmcgee...you drinkin'? I am...and yes, it's Bud Light!:cool:

jmcgee
11-23-2005, 03:06 AM
Yes sir I just have one left tonight though. and yes its Bud Light

Maroon87
11-23-2005, 03:15 AM
I hear ya...I'm about to turn in. Buenas noches!!!

3afan
11-23-2005, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by Mustangpride09
obviously alot of texas fans, reggie bush is an unstopable force, he walks away with it easiliy.

dont know about easily .. lienert will steal some votes and its VERY HARD for a west coaster to win the award - i think it will be tighter that most think (with bush winning)

Hupernikomen
11-23-2005, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by PANTHERFAN05
First of all lebron_fan obviously your expertise is basketball because you have no idea what you are talking about. Vince Young has been the most down graded quaterback with all the Matt Leinhart/Reggie Bush gravy train. Dont get me wrong Reggie Bush is a great player GREAT.... but the difference is that Vince is the only game breaking player on the Longhorns team and he does it by hisself game after game. If Reggie has a bad game then Matt is there to fill in a vice versa. Everything as far as that team is concerned on offense runs through Vince. USC they are very beatable. They left a Fresno State team a 24 point underdog score 42 points on them. Texas' defense will not allow for USC to have a "slow start" the way they seem to do every game and try to come back. USC has not faced a defense as good as Texas' all season so they better get ready. Texas as crushed Kansas one the best defenses in the country without breaking a sweat. Plus USC defense will need a miracle makeover before the Rose Bowl if they plan on even keeping their team in the game. So for the question Vince WINS the Heisman over Reggie. No LUCK---JUST TALENT!!!

Vince does it by himself game after game?? Heck I would think that all-american studded O-Line and those pro pontential running backs and great TE and good group of nice receivers deserve quite a bit of credit for the Longhorns success on offense..not to mention that the defense has been very good all year long.

Pmoney
11-23-2005, 09:58 PM
everybody is saying Reggie Bush got 512 total yards in 1 game...i guess nobody remembers Vince Young had 506 total yards against OSU....it will be a close finish but Vince will pull it out

VINCE4HEISMAN
11-23-2005, 10:04 PM
I think that Vince will win it because he has played great all year. Reggie has had a couple of GOOD games and 1 GREAT game. As much as everybody talks about Reggie he should be on a whole other level, but he is not, he is a great player but is playing like and average running back. Vince will win it easily.