PDA

View Full Version : Sweetwat Vs. Iowa Park

jmcgee
11-22-2005, 01:48 AM
Ok vote for your pick and post by how much.I say Sweetwater in a close one if they get their act together.

mustangsince87
11-22-2005, 10:08 AM
sweetwater by 7

sww-bull52
11-22-2005, 10:15 AM
Mustangs by 10

zeus63
11-22-2005, 10:19 AM
Iowa Park pulls the upset. I only voted this way because I saw the Mustangs play against Littlefield. However, I do actually hope they can pull it off.

sweetwater07
11-22-2005, 10:44 AM
hope we don't get big headed....i say by 14.....

Pmoney
11-22-2005, 10:46 AM
Sweetwater has to get their stuff together for this game b/c Iowa Park is better than their record shows

LewP
11-22-2005, 10:47 AM
Sweetwater Mustangs 34
Iowa Park Hawks 33

sweetwater07
11-22-2005, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Pmoney
Sweetwater has to get their stuff together for this game b/c Iowa Park is better than their record shows

we realize that they are better than their record shows but still beatable.....i think if we play like i know we can then we can win by however much jackson wants....by the way you know a kid in snyder ...a fish by the name of cayden or kayden??

Pmoney
11-22-2005, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
by the way you know a kid in snyder...a fish by the name of cayden or kayden??
clean out your pms

sweetwater07
11-22-2005, 11:01 AM
i emptied them

sweetwater08
11-23-2005, 09:59 PM
if u go by the records, sweetwater should win. im going sweetwater by 16

Pmoney
11-23-2005, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater08
if u go by the records, sweetwater should win. im going sweetwater by 16
but in the playoffs there are no records to go by....its a whole new season every week in my opinion

VWG
11-23-2005, 10:35 PM
Sweetwater had better have an answer for the Hawks running game. The Hawks have some good sized kids on their O-line, including 6-7, 270lb tackle Duggins. I think he is committed to Tech.

LewP
11-23-2005, 10:58 PM
I think Sweetwater just needs to play their game. It should be a good game.

Happy Thanksgiving ya'll

LewP

pero chato
11-23-2005, 11:44 PM
Sweetwater by 20. They quit fooling around and play a complete game.

pero chato
11-23-2005, 11:47 PM
...and I'll be there in Mustang Red with my Wylie hat. Go Mustangs!!!

garciap77
11-24-2005, 12:10 AM
Sweetwater 28 Iowa Park 0

Phantom Stang
11-24-2005, 12:13 AM
Sweetwater by 21+

I Bleed Red08
11-24-2005, 12:34 AM
i think some people are underestimating IP i say mustangs by 3 to 14 points it will be close

its_n_ D_water
11-24-2005, 01:02 AM
I say Sweetwater wins by 14...that kid thats 6'7' 270# needs to run a 4.4 ...for iowa park to have a chance..

LewP
11-24-2005, 01:05 AM
Well, he runs a 5.5...close

LewP
11-24-2005, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by I Bleed Red08
i think some people are underestimating IP i say mustangs by 3 to 14 points it will be close

I agree, I thnk it's gonna be a close one.

RMAC
11-24-2005, 01:07 AM
Although IP didn't have an overly difficult non-district schedule, they came together when it mattered. And come Friday is when it matters a whole lot. Sweetwater is fast, so is IP. IP did not have a huge team, but a big team w/ some speed and a lot of strong guys. But, I do think their pass defense is vulnerable. They really just played great that night against us as a whole on defense, not just the secondary. But it is going to take some balls to the wall defense to stop the Sweetwater ground game. I'm going out on a limb, well, not so much a limb, but against the odds and say IP by 3. Rep 5-3A!

GreenMonster
11-24-2005, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by RMAC
Although IP didn't have an overly difficult non-district schedule, they came together when it mattered. And come Friday is when it matters a whole lot. Sweetwater is fast, so is IP. IP did not have a huge team, but a big team w/ some speed and a lot of strong guys. But, I do think their pass defense is vulnerable. They really just played great that night against us as a whole on defense, not just the secondary. But it is going to take some balls to the wall defense to stop the Sweetwater ground game. I'm going out on a limb, well, not so much a limb, but against the odds and say IP by 3. Rep 5-3A!

Our Preseason Schedule wasn't weak by any means. Mineral Wells made the 4A playoffs. Burkburnett is a weak 4A but a rivalry game. Wimberly is rolling in the D1 playoffs and there is talk of a State Championship from down there. Childress is still rocking in the 2A playoffs, WFHS was a pretty decent football team that was the odd man out in a 4A District and they did hammer the Dist Champ in week 10, and then there's Gainesville (my pick to win it all in D1) which we only faced for a quarterbefore lightning ended that. Follow that up with Breckenridge that went 2 rounds and pushed a good Bridgeport team to the limit, Vernon that was very inconsistant but could be very good on any given night, WF Hirschi was terrible but they had speed all over the field and a dangerous QB, and then Graham which in my opinion is the best 3A football team to not make the playoffs. That schedule has prepared the Hawks very well for this playoff run. We've seen a little bit of it all.
PS That Gainesville defense is AWESOME. Wimberly was pretty good but Gainesville was a couple of steps ahead of any defense I have seen in the last several years.

Ranger Mom
11-24-2005, 10:32 AM
I am not going to be able to make this one!!:weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

Does anyone know if it's going to be webcast?

GreenMonster
11-24-2005, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

Not unless the Sweetwater station or some other entity does it. IP's station has yet to embrace the current technology. :(

DaHop72
11-24-2005, 10:40 AM

I saw on another post that it would be on kxox.net

VWG
11-24-2005, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by its_n_ D_water
I say Sweetwater wins by 14...that kid thats 6'7' 270# needs to run a 4.4 ...for iowa park to have a chance..

Kid doesn't need to run a 4.4 as his job is to blow away opposing lineman with size and strength which he has. I would bet Sweetwater wish they had a legit D1 college signee on their line.

its_n_ D_water
11-24-2005, 10:51 AM
the kid he will be trying run down is probably a legit track star probably any d 1 school of his choosen...:p

SwtwtrMstngs04
11-24-2005, 10:58 AM
It will be on KXOX.net but you have to pay like 5 dollars i think.

Leopards,class of 75
11-24-2005, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by LewP
I agree, I thnk it's gonna be a close one. I too think this will be closer than most are thinking. This game could go either way. Good luck to both teams!

VWG
11-24-2005, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by its_n_ D_water
the kid he will be trying run down is probably a legit track star probably any d 1 school of his choosen...:p

OK... so who has this track star committed to?

stxboy05
11-24-2005, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by VWG

He hasnt committed to anyone yet, he's just a junior. He's still deciding.

I Bleed Red08
11-24-2005, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by stxboy05
He hasnt committed to anyone yet, he's just a junior. He's still deciding.

haha im not goin to talk mess about the game but yes you can go ahead and believe what he says about the kid....he can go wherever....hes fast

sweetwater07
11-24-2005, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by VWG

i'm going to try to talk him into baylor....i haven't talked to skye in a while but i know he's fast and yes he prety much has his choosing on where to go......if he is smart then baylor would be his 1st choice!

sweetwater07
11-24-2005, 02:06 PM
haha im not goin to talk mess about the game but yes you can go ahead and believe what he says about the kid....he can go wherever....hes fast

aiken you say "kid" like your older than he is...hes 17 and 2 years older than you so "MR. GREEN" is what you will refer to him as!!

mustang04
11-24-2005, 05:27 PM
aiken you say "kid" like your older than he is...hes 17 and 2 years older than you so "MR. GREEN" is what you will refer to him as!! speaking of kids....:D :D

Mustangpride09
11-25-2005, 01:51 AM
I'm sorry. but an offensive lineman is not going to win a team a football game. *rolls eyes*

injuredinmelee
11-25-2005, 08:35 AM
Im torn here. I know alot of people from Sweetwater and they are a district foe. They have speed to burn and Jackson is a great coach. I hope he stays in Sweetwater for a long time.

However... I grew up in Iowa Park. I only watched them one time this year and once last year. I think IP will be way too physical for Sweetwater upfront both ofensively and defensively. If they can keep the two tailbacks from turning the corner and keep them running sideline to sideline then they have a great shot at winning this contest. The Hawks must punish the sweetwater frint seven when on offense and let their strength and size wear the Mustang defenders down.

all that being said I still dont think i can pick a winner as a fan or as a prognositicator.

LewP
11-25-2005, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Im torn here. I know alot of people from Sweetwater and they are a district foe. They have speed to burn and Jackson is a great coach. I hope he stays in Sweetwater for a long time.

However... I grew up in Iowa Park. I only watched them one time this year and once last year. I think IP will be way too physical for Sweetwater upfront both ofensively and defensively. If they can keep the two tailbacks from turning the corner and keep them running sideline to sideline then they have a great shot at winning this contest. The Hawks must punish the sweetwater frint seven when on offense and let their strength and size wear the Mustang defenders down.

all that being said I still dont think i can pick a winner as a fan or as a prognositicator.

IF IP can stop the the tailbacks from turning the corner, the Mustangs will have their defense spread out and give the ball right up the middle to Auston Davis. You make some good points, but I see the Mustangs winning by 7.

gobbler grad
11-25-2005, 10:29 AM
sweetwater by 2 touchdowns...:clap:

Phantom Stang
11-25-2005, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by VWG
Sweetwater had better have an answer for the Hawks running game. The Hawks have some good sized kids on their O-line, including 6-7, 270lb tackle Duggins. I think he is committed to Tech.

Does anyone know if the Duggins kid plays any Defense? If so, at what position does he play?

VWG
11-25-2005, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
Does anyone know if the Duggins kid plays any Defense? If so, at what position does he play?

I think he plays both ways. Both at tackle.
I can't see Ellis (IP head coach) keeping any D-1 kid off the field.
He is a monster, big kid that can open holes on the line.

LewP
11-25-2005, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang

One of the keys to IP is not the big linemen that go both ways, (which are very, very good) but the linebackers who play running back that are inner-changeable.

I think the big thing for the Mustang linemen is to NOT get locked up and too engaged with the bigger lineman....sweep blocks are the key here. I think Sweetwater's jet sweep should wear down the entire big linemen...make them RUN!!!!!

VWG
11-25-2005, 03:49 PM
That's true. Sweetwater can run sweeps to keep the larger IP line off balance. Sweetwater will also have to key on IP's wingback trap play. They will run sweep and dive out of the wing-T and then pop that wingback trap going the other way and make a defense look foolish.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-25-2005, 05:08 PM
I sure wanted to see this game but something came up and I was not able to go :-(

I'll keep up with the score online.

Z~

Ranger Mom
11-25-2005, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
I sure wanted to see this game but something came up and I was not able to go :-(

I'll keep up with the score online.

Z~

I hear ya Z...I hope somebody updates us.

I saw where you could pay $5.99 and tune into that webcast...I did that earlier this year, but it and my dial up didn't get along, so it wasn't worth the money.

Green Monster is supposed to call in updates to me, but I don't know if they will be quarterly or what.

It sure would be cool if we could get someone listening to the webcast to give us play by play......*hint hint, wink wink*

I Bleed Red08
11-25-2005, 06:00 PM
aiken you say "kid" like your older than he is...hes 17 and 2 years older than you so "MR. GREEN" is what you will refer to him as!!

actually hes not older than me.....i just chose not to log off my younger bros name but....i am 19

Ranger Mom
11-25-2005, 06:02 PM
actually hes not older than me.....i just chose not to log off my younger bros name but....i am 19

So you are the big bro? Was your username "SwaterSenior"??

I looked back at the pics from Big Spring....there was only one person I didn't recognize, and that was the name I had down for that poster!

I Bleed Red08
11-25-2005, 06:03 PM
So you are the big bro? Was your username "SwaterSenior"??

I looked back at the pics from Big Spring....there was only one person I didn't recognize, and that was the name I had down for that poster!

that would be me

I Bleed Red08
11-25-2005, 06:03 PM
that would be me

im swaterfan now

Ranger Mom
11-25-2005, 06:08 PM
that would be me

HaHaHa.....okay that was weird!!!

I was just on the main page and realized that it is Swatersenior B-day.......so....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Is it actually your B-day today??

LewP
11-25-2005, 06:44 PM
I hear ya Z...I hope somebody updates us.

I saw where you could pay $5.99 and tune into that webcast...I did that earlier this year, but it and my dial up didn't get along, so it wasn't worth the money.

Green Monster is supposed to call in updates to me, but I don't know if they will be quarterly or what.

It sure would be cool if we could get someone listening to the webcast to give us play by play......*hint hint, wink wink*

I'm listening to the Sweetwater webcast....**wink wink***
will advise

LewP
11-25-2005, 06:48 PM
I will be updating the state board at:

http://www.fridaynightmadness.com/scoreboard.asp

LewP

LewP
11-25-2005, 06:59 PM
3 minutes till kickoff, sounds like a HUGE crowd from Sweetwater.

LewP
11-25-2005, 07:01 PM
OK, I have an idea....if anyone wants to know the score for the Sweetwater game...I'll be in the chat room...that way..I don't get bogged down here on the board and interupt my web connection to the radio broadcast...see ya'll in the chat room!!

I Bleed Red08
11-25-2005, 07:36 PM
HaHaHa.....okay that was weird!!!

I was just on the main page and realized that it is Swatersenior B-day.......so....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Is it actually your B-day today??

yep its my bday