5. Lufkin Hudson (23-2)
6. Pittsburg (22-0)
7. Everman (15-8)
8. Newton (13-3)
9. Wimberley (18-2)
10. Waco LaVega (20-2)

eye of the tiger
01-21-2002, 10:54 PM
I have mentioned before that I dont know alot about basketball, but it my attempt to learn I did an comparison of Gainsvilles games and Evermans games and I dont see how Gainsville is rated by the coachs 5 spots higher. They have spit their games this year with Everman winning the last match. Guess I have alot to learn.

Matthew328
01-22-2002, 03:43 PM
I think the same thing...Gainesville won the first meeting by 20 in Gainesville with Everman about 5 guys short who were in football..when both teams were full strength Everman won by 8...look for Round 3 in the Regional Cahmpionship in Commerce...Everman/Gainesville is maybe the best hoops rivalry in 3A...they played twice last year with Everman winning by 12 in the regular season and Gainesville winning by 3 in last year's Regional Final at A&M Commerce

Old Cardinal
01-22-2002, 04:21 PM
I think that Hamshire-Fannett should also be rated. I think the BIG game will pit Newton vs Kountze in bi-district; however, Hardin-Jefferson or Hamshire-Fannett could take home all the trophies. I know you folks, are touting Everman but since there really have been no close comparative games-we will all just have to wait and see how it all shakes out in post season.

Matthew328
01-22-2002, 04:31 PM
Wouldn't both Newton and Kountze get first round byes since both are leading their districts right now? I know Kountze is on top of 22-3A and I believe Newton is near the top of 21-3A right? If not I think only Kirbyville has an edge on em right now...but even so Kountze has got that round one bye nearly locked down..

Old Cardinal
01-22-2002, 11:36 PM
Newton beat Kirbyville the other night....sooner or later Newton will play Kountze. I think Kountze is the best of the two.

duckbutter
01-23-2002, 09:57 AM
I really don't think Kountze could beat Newton again. They only won by 7 in the last 2 min of the game. It was back and forth all night long. But who knows, I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Newton4Life
01-23-2002, 10:38 PM
Kountze is a tough team and they did come out on top when Newton played them, but I couldn't call another one like that. If Newton and Kountze were to play against each other in the play-offs, then the team with the least mistakes would come off with the win. Newton is ready to go all the way this year and I really don't think they can be stopped. As the #1 team in their district, Newton should have no problems in the first few rounds of the play offs.