PDA

View Full Version : Just bought Cotton Bowl tickets!!!

Adidas410s
11-21-2005, 10:16 PM
GET YOUR GUNS UP RAIDERS!!!!

Adidas410s
11-21-2005, 10:21 PM
oh and this is a good view of my seats...

http://piratecowboy.com/v-web/gallery/albums/cotton/IMG_0639.jpg

shankbear
11-21-2005, 10:22 PM
Are there always that many people dressed up like seats?

Adidas410s
11-21-2005, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by shankbear

Well it WAS A&M playing and they knew they were about to get blown out...AGAIN!!!

hayden9212004
11-21-2005, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by shankbear
how mush were they

Adidas410s
11-21-2005, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by hayden9212004
how mush were they

only 2 or 3 grand I think...not that bad! :rolleyes:

shankbear
11-21-2005, 10:35 PM
Just love that Photoshop. Or whatever. Filled up quicker than a hungry hippo.

Leopards,class of 75
11-21-2005, 10:36 PM
Who do you think will play in the Cotton Bowl?

hayden9212004
11-21-2005, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
only 2 or 3 grand I think...not that bad! :rolleyes:
cool i wish i could get some

lobo12
11-21-2005, 10:54 PM
if everything goes as it should i think it will be tech and auburn...it is supposed to be the big 12 number 2 against the sec number 3....tech and ou both have two losses with tech winning the head to head, while auburn is third in the sec behind georgia and lsu with the win over bama on sat

Adidas410s
11-21-2005, 11:01 PM
all the projections I have seen have Tech playing Alabama and Auburn at the Capital One and Georgia and South Carolina going to either the Peach or Outback bowls.

3afan
11-21-2005, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by lobo12
if everything goes as it should i think it will be tech and auburn...it is supposed to be the big 12 number 2 against the sec number 3....tech and ou both have two losses with tech winning the head to head, while auburn is third in the sec behind georgia and lsu with the win over bama on sat

"Big 12 number 2 means" --- the Cotton Bowl has the 2nd pick from the Big 12 schools not in the BCS ... does not mean 2nd place team in the Big XII !!!!!! same for SEC number 3, Big 10 number four, etc.

OK? OK!

big daddy russ
11-21-2005, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by lobo12
Everything shifted two weeks ago when Auburn beat UGA. If an SEC West team wins the title (whether it's Auburn or LSU) then Auburn gets no less than the #2 seed. Auburn will probably get #3 and the Cotton Bowl if LSU goes to the SEC Title Game and loses.

big daddy russ
11-21-2005, 11:13 PM
Yeah, what 3afan said.

3afan
11-21-2005, 11:18 PM
if the Cotton Bowl has SEC #3, then they can take any bowl eligible SEC team that did not go to the BCS (SEC #1) and was not taken by SEC #2, whichever bowl game has that pick. example, if Vanderbilt comes in 5th in their division and are bowl eligible then the cotton bowl could take them. obviously they won't, but they could.

Adidas410s
11-21-2005, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
"Big 12 number 2 means" --- the Cotton Bowl has the 2nd pick from the Big 12 schools not in the BCS ... does not mean 2nd place team in the Big XII !!!!!! same for SEC number 3, Big 10 number four, etc.

OK? OK!

so then where is the Big 12 number 1 slot??? Oh that's right...there isn't one! None of the BCS schools have a slot that says "number 1" because #1 automatically goes into the BCS and #2 in the conference is the first one that isn't guaranteed in the BCS...thus it DOES mean #2 in the conference and NOT the second pick of teams NOT going into the BCS.

big daddy russ
11-21-2005, 11:27 PM
so then where is the Big 12 number 1 slot??? Oh that's right...there isn't one! None of the BCS schools have a slot that says "number 1" because #1 automatically goes into the BCS and #2 in the conference is the first one that isn't guaranteed in the BCS...thus it DOES mean #2 in the conference and NOT the second pick of teams NOT going into the BCS.
It's a little of both. There are guidelines for each bowl by their governing bodies, so if UT goes 6-5 but there were three teams tied atop the Big XII at 10-1 the Cotton Bowl can't pick UT, but they can pick any school within their guidelines (may have to have seven wins, be in the top four, etc.). Usually, they go with the clear-cut #2, #3, etc.

If LSU handles UGA, Auburn (whose only SEC loss was by 3 points to LSU) is almost a shoo-in for the Capitol One Bowl a the SEC #2.

3afan
11-21-2005, 11:29 PM

no, it doesnt. big 12 #1 goes to the BCS, lets go ahead and assume that gonna be Texas.

so, if Cotton Bowl has Big 12 #2, then who do they get? the loser of the Big 12 title game? don't think so. how is, as you say, "#2 in the conference" determined? it cant be. so, its the bowls choice.

think about it. WHO is the BIg XII #2 behind Texas (again, assuming Texas wins the Nig XII title game). WHO IS IT? it cannot be determined. thus, the bowl gets to pick.

its really logical if you think about it ... :p

3afan
11-21-2005, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
It's a little of both. There are guidelines for each bowl by their governing bodies, so if UT goes 6-5 but there were three teams tied atop the Big XII at 10-1 the Cotton Bowl can't pick UT, but they can pick any school within their guidelines (may have to have seven wins, be in the top four, etc.). Usually, they go with the clear-cut #2, #3, etc.

If LSU handles UGA, Auburn (whose only SEC loss was by 3 points to LSU) is almost a shoo-in for the Capitol One Bowl a the SEC #2.

agree - each bowl also has their own guidelines and they ALMOST always take the clear(est) cut, best remaining team.

RMAC
11-22-2005, 12:32 AM
Adidas likes guys. He's pretty gay.

3afan
11-22-2005, 05:18 AM
Originally posted by RMAC
Adidas likes guys. He's pretty gay.

wow, that wasnt very nice .... this was a good thread DISCUSSING a specific subject and you went and ruined it :tongue:

;)

hoosierdaddy
11-22-2005, 11:25 AM
I bought my tickets months ago, now I just need to see what I can get for them.

3afan
11-22-2005, 11:26 AM
where they at and what ya askin' ?

Adidas410s
11-22-2005, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
no, it doesnt. big 12 #1 goes to the BCS, lets go ahead and assume that gonna be Texas.

so, if Cotton Bowl has Big 12 #2, then who do they get? the loser of the Big 12 title game? don't think so. how is, as you say, "#2 in the conference" determined? it cant be. so, its the bowls choice.

think about it. WHO is the BIg XII #2 behind Texas (again, assuming Texas wins the Nig XII title game). WHO IS IT? it cannot be determined. thus, the bowl gets to pick.

its really logical if you think about it ... :p

You determine #2, #3, etc by overall record. Which leaves you with this:

Texas 12-0 (assuming they win last two games)
Texas Tech 9-2
Colorado 8-4 (beat Nebraska, lose to Texas)
Oklahoma 7-4 (beat OSU...has tiebreaker over Iowa State with better conference record)
Iowa State 7-4 (beat Kansas)

Adidas410s
11-22-2005, 11:39 AM
You determine #2, #3, etc by overall record. Which leaves you with this:

Texas 12-0 (assuming they win last two games)
Texas Tech 9-2
Colorado 8-4 (beat Nebraska, lose to Texas)
Oklahoma 7-4 (beat OSU...has tiebreaker over Iowa State with better conference record)
Iowa State 7-4 (beat Kansas)

also remember that the Peach Bowl would want Georgia due to proximity as well as Auburn in the Capital One Bowl. Of all of the teams, Alabama is the school amongst the choices that will travel the best and Texas is by far the furthest game out of their bowl ties. One other question, does the Cotton Bowl still have the option to choose Notre Dame instead of an SEC team as they did back in the days of the SWC? If somehow they get snubbed in the BCS (which won't happen), it would be great to see Weis' scheme against Leach's offense!