PDA

View Full Version : Wylie/Gainesville

RMAC
11-21-2005, 03:56 PM
Well, since nobody else has started it, who wins this one?

RMAC
11-21-2005, 03:58 PM
I picked Wylie in a close one.

3afan
11-21-2005, 03:59 PM
toss up?

garciap77
11-21-2005, 04:02 PM
Wylie in a close one. By 3.

big daddy russ
11-21-2005, 04:04 PM
Gainesville wins on penetrations.

DaHop72
11-21-2005, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Gainesville wins on penetrations.
Or not:D

WitchyWoman
11-21-2005, 04:08 PM
I picked Wylie in a close one... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE !!!:eek:
Do not put me thru last saturday again...

Note:Close means by at least 14 not 2 or 3 ok guys now let's go!!!

GO DAWGS!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

HighSchool Fan
11-21-2005, 04:08 PM
gainesville by 2td's

Johnny Moxen
11-21-2005, 04:45 PM
I used the "homer" pick and took Wylie. Just wondering what type of offense/defense does Gainsville run. As a Wyliw fan, what should we watch for? I think everyone already knows what to expect when playing Wylie.

HighSchool Fan
11-21-2005, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Moxen
I used the "homer" pick and took Wylie. Just wondering what type of offense/defense does Gainsville run. As a Wyliw fan, what should we watch for? I think everyone already knows what to expect when playing Wylie.

pretty vanilla offense, they just hand the ball to the RB and then race to the endzone. on defense, the players just race to the ball carrier. seems pretty vanilla doesn't it??

garciap77
11-21-2005, 04:52 PM
You must have a lot of talent. That is kind of how Gainesville play us in 2003. Lot of speed and talent. Looks like we are going to have our hands full. We need to play you like we played Everman in 2000. May the best team win.

HighSchool Fan
11-21-2005, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
May the best team win.

good luck and be safe traveling to the game

Keith7
11-21-2005, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Moxen

Actually I have no clue what Wylie has, I hear they have a top knotch QB which I think we saw when he was a sophmore..

but Gainesville runs a spread offense, and a our main defense is the 3-4.. Our Defense is really our strength, we have 2 all state linebackers (Michael Miller, and Jeremy Franklin), and a couple of kids on the line (Clint Stoffels) who will play somewhere on saturdays.. Our D.B.s are FAST as always and tackle exceptionally well..

On offense our best player is probably our running back Michael Miller, he is fast and isn't afraind to lower his head and lay a hit.. Watch for Jeremy Franklin to come in on short yardage situations though.. Our QB Jacob West is fast, he has 4.5 speed, he has a very strong arm and he loves to scramble, but is less accurate when scrambling and tends to hang his passes up too long when in trouble.. Our line is VERY big, the top linemen are Robert Westbrook (6-7, 320 lbs.) and Jeremy Hinkel (6-1, 250)..

Really Gainesville's biggest strength is our speed, we have a ton of it!! Our defense is small but they get to the football and make sure tackles..

this should be a good game to watch!

HighSchool Fan
11-21-2005, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Actually I have no clue what Wylie has, I hear they have a top knotch QB which I think we saw when he was a sophmore..

but Gainesville runs a spread offense, and a our main defense is the 3-4.. Our Defense is really our strength, we have 2 all state linebackers (Michael Miller, and Jeremy Franklin), and a couple of kids on the line who will play somewhere on saturdays.. Our D.B.s are FAST as always and tackle exceptionally well..

On offense our best player is probably our running back Michael Miller, he is fast and isn't afraind to lower his head and lay a hit.. Watch for Jeremy Franklin to come in on short yardage situations though.. Our QB Jacob West is fast, he has 4.5 speed, and he loves to scramble, but is less accurate when scrambling and tends to hang his passes up too long when in trouble.. Our line is VERY big, the top linemen are Robert Westbrook (6-7, 320 lbs.) and Jeremy Hinkel (6-1, 250)..

Really Gainesville's biggest strength is our speed, we have a ton of it!! Our defense is small but they get to the football and make sure tackles..

this should be a good game to watch!

stoffels(sp) was 2nd team all state dl also

VWG
11-21-2005, 05:49 PM
Gainesville by 10 to 14 pts.
Sandifer is probably the best coach at the 3A level.... but he can't play the game on the field. Gainesville probably has the better athletes which is why I am giving the Leopards the edge in this one.
Keenum and his offensive line will have to play one of their better games to score on the Gainesville defense. I think Keenum needs to make some gains on the ground. Keep the defense off balance with his throwing and running ability. He's not a Div. 1 signee for nothin'.
Gainesville will have to try and pound the ball, as West is a good QB but I think the Leopards would rather have him hand off or run than throw the ball. Gainesville's offensive line will be tested as Wylie can throw some meat at them with their defensive front.

Leopards 31 Bulldogs 20

rodeo-rider
11-21-2005, 05:58 PM
Gainesville by 10 points...believe they still have alittle left in them after last week...but if you want to blow'em out, then go ahead...

Leopards,class of 75
11-21-2005, 06:23 PM
This week should be a much better match up from last week for both teams. I would like to know who Wylie has played this year and what the scores were from those games. My prediction for this game is Gainesville by 17.

NateDawg39
11-21-2005, 06:30 PM
I think Sandifer is probably one of the best coaches at this level. Yet Gainesville has some of the best talent AND a very good coach. I think it will be a good game...Gainesville 34-21.

Keith7
11-21-2005, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by VWG
Gainesville by 10 to 14 pts.
Sandifer is probably the best coach at the 3A level....

don't under estimate Coach Cordell of Gainesville, he has a 35-4 record as head coach

Whsdogs
11-21-2005, 08:15 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Keith7
[B]Actually I have no clue what Wylie has, I hear they have a top knotch QB which I think we saw when he was a sophmore..

yes u most definitely did see him as a soph and what a job this young man has done for this club the past 3 years its been fun playin with and watchin him...hope to see my hometown pull this one out!!!:clap:

Adidas410s
11-21-2005, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Whsdogs
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Keith7
[B]Actually I have no clue what Wylie has, I hear they have a top knotch QB which I think we saw when he was a sophmore..

yes u most definitely did see him as a soph and what a job this young man has done for this club the past 3 years its been fun playin with and watchin him...hope to see my hometown pull this one out!!!:clap:

for the record...Case is 10-1 in playoffs games as the starting QB. Anybody else have as a good a record directing their team?

HighSchool Fan
11-21-2005, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
for the record...Case is 10-1 in playoffs games as the starting QB. Anybody else have as a good a record directing their team?

who did he lose to??

injuredinmelee
11-21-2005, 09:02 PM
You.

HighSchool Fan
11-21-2005, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
You.

not me, i'm to old to be taking hits like kids give out these days. :D

injuredinmelee
11-21-2005, 09:12 PM
lol i know that feeling. I got my knickname from a in the stands elebration injury last year at the Wylie Decatur game. My brother is dangerous to have around at games. The bad part is he is gonna be at all the games with me this weekend.

Leopards,class of 75
11-21-2005, 10:20 PM
It looks like Gainesville and Wylie has played Vernon and Decatur this season. Wylie 43, Decatur 33, Gainesville 43, Decatur 21 (regular season) Gainesville 46, Decatur 0 (Playoff game) Wylie 35, Vernon 14. Gainesville 41, Vernon 7 (playoff game)

garciap77
11-21-2005, 11:00 PM
Who ever wins this one will take state!

Leopards,class of 75
11-21-2005, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Who ever wins this one will take state! This may very well be true! This is a great matchup, Gainesville 2003 state champs vrs. Abilene Wylie 2004 state champs. What more could you ask for in a playoff game?

VERNONLION#1
11-21-2005, 11:46 PM
I am going with Gainesville on this one. I have seen both teams play and I think Gainesville is D 1 Champs. Good luck to both teams though. Leopards by 14.

RMAC
11-22-2005, 12:22 AM
I've seen 'em both play. I think Keith said their QB had 4.5 speed. Well, either he doesn't have it or he just didn't/ need to show it on Friday against Decatur. I'm inclined to think that it's the latter. To me he just did not seem that fast. But Decatur sure was shooting themselves in the foot going for what seemed like the big play the entire night. But as a whole Gainesville is VERY fast from what I saw and it should be a good matchup. Wylie has a tough front 3 or 4 depending on what D they line up in. And as we all know Wylie's got Keenum. That kid in and of himself is a playmaker. I've seen him swing games before with a single throw or cut up field. Gainesville's D is very fast, and Keenum is not amazing in the speed department, but he almost ALWAYS finds ways to make a 1 or 2 guys miss him before he goes down. I'm not sure if me and Adidas are gonna make it out to the Big D for this one but I'm pulling for Wylie and the few guys I know from there. Wylie 34, Gainesville 31.

jmcgee
11-22-2005, 01:43 AM
oops I picked the wrong one bet u can guess which one its the one with one vote

Keith7
11-22-2005, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by RMAC
I've seen 'em both play. I think Keith said their QB had 4.5 speed. Well, either he doesn't have it or he just didn't/ need to show it on Friday against Decatur. I'm inclined to think that it's the latter. To me he just did not seem that fast. But Decatur sure was shooting themselves in the foot going for what seemed like the big play the entire night. But as a whole Gainesville is VERY fast from what I saw and it should be a good matchup. Wylie has a tough front 3 or 4 depending on what D they line up in. And as we all know Wylie's got Keenum. That kid in and of himself is a playmaker. I've seen him swing games before with a single throw or cut up field. Gainesville's D is very fast, and Keenum is not amazing in the speed department, but he almost ALWAYS finds ways to make a 1 or 2 guys miss him before he goes down. I'm not sure if me and Adidas are gonna make it out to the Big D for this one but I'm pulling for Wylie and the few guys I know from there. Wylie 34, Gainesville 31.

As HSF has said before, he ran for 228 yards and 3 TDs in his first game against decatur, I think Decatur keyed on him this time around and did a good job of keeping him contained..

injuredinmelee
11-22-2005, 11:04 AM
I had dreams about this game last night. Isn't that sad? I did this twice last year. I need a life.

football4life
11-22-2005, 01:12 PM
From what I've read so far gainesville probably has a little more talent, and a little bit of a size advantage.(Not too much though, wylie has some pretty big boys) Against us, wylie's biggest weapon was keenum and #20 (edwards) I don't think they completed a pass to an outside receiver on us the entire game, our corners just played press the entire game, and they didn't have the speed to get by us. Keenum creates his own time, and they have a million ways of getting the ball to edwards, who is dynamite in the open field. From what ive read gainesville's only weakness would be the pass defense, so maybe they can exploit that. Wylie's D is also pretty stout against the run, so it should be a good matchup. I would say gainesville in a close one, but somehow wylie seems to pull it out, just like they did last year and last week against us. As much as i wish i was there playing instead of the bulldogs, ill say they bulldogs pull out a close one.

Wylie 28-Gainesville27

Adidas410s
11-22-2005, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by football4life
they have a million ways of getting the ball to edwards,

One thing I have wondered...all of a sudden in the playoffs teams have kicked off and punted to him!!! Did they not see ANY regular season tape when nobody would kick to him??? Yeah I think Wylie has about 37 different ways they can get him the ball. They used reverses on a kickoff, line him up in the backfield...with Case in the shotgun, in the slot, as a wing back, as a wideout...maybe he will line up and take a direct snap this week or line up at TE and run a little bubble screen with the TE lined up in the slot to block for him. The possibilities are endless...:eek:

injuredinmelee
11-22-2005, 01:23 PM
Dont give away the playbook Adidas dang man... :eek:

Adidas410s
11-22-2005, 01:30 PM
Dont give away the playbook Adidas dang man... :eek:

These things just come to me. I won't show them what Sandifer and I have been drawing up this week...it's purely top secret stuff! :evillaugh Just think "tackle eligible play" with a 150 lb kid lined up on the line! :thumbsup:

HighSchool Fan
11-22-2005, 01:33 PM
One thing I have wondered...all of a sudden in the playoffs teams have kicked off and punted to him!!! Did they not see ANY regular season tape when nobody would kick to him??? Yeah I think Wylie has about 37 different ways they can get him the ball. They used reverses on a kickoff, line him up in the backfield...with Case in the shotgun, in the slot, as a wing back, as a wideout...maybe he will line up and take a direct snap this week or line up at TE and run a little bubble screen with the TE lined up in the slot to block for him. The possibilities are endless...:eek:

one thing he'll get to do is return plenty of kick-offs saturday night.:D

DaHop72
11-22-2005, 01:33 PM
These things just come to me. I won't show them what Sandifer and I have been drawing up this week...it's purely top secret stuff! :evillaugh Just think "tackle eligible play" with a 150 lb kid lined up on the line! :thumbsup:
Spy satellites show Wylie working on the ole Nebraska fumble rooski as well.:D

HighSchool Fan
11-22-2005, 01:35 PM

if he's only 150, you better hope he don't meet up with Mr, Franklin.

44INAROW
11-22-2005, 01:55 PM
I say Gainsville by a last second field goal :wave:

Adidas410s
11-22-2005, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
one thing he'll get to do is return plenty of kick-offs saturday night.:D

with a 70 and 96 yard kick return on two attempts last week...whatever it takes to put points on the board!

KTJ
11-22-2005, 02:10 PM
Which side are we on?

I hope it's the same side that we beat Forney and Burnet.

HighSchool Fan
11-22-2005, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Which side are we on?

I hope it's the same side that we beat Forney and Burnet.

haven't heard yet

un b weavable
11-22-2005, 02:15 PM
I'll go with gainesville, i guess since im still a little bitter about last year. :( By the way Adidas, it really sucks to see your sig all the time. Maybe it wouldnt be so bad if it wasnt me in the picture.

Adidas410s
11-22-2005, 02:18 PM
haven't heard yet

Wylie is home team. Does Gainesville still have their white pants because those look A Lot better than those black ones they wore last week.

Let's go ahead and throw out some more random stats...

Wylie is undefeated in their purple jerseys in the playoffs the last two years. (6-)

Wylie is also undefeated at Texas Stadium (1-0)

Wylie is undefeated in state quarterfinal games (4-0) going back the last 11 seasons at least.

HighSchool Fan
11-22-2005, 02:21 PM
Wylie is home team. Does Gainesville still have their white pants because those look A Lot better than those black ones they wore last week.

Let's go ahead and throw out some more random stats...

Wylie is undefeated in their purple jerseys in the playoffs the last two years. (6-)

Wylie is also undefeated at Texas Stadium (1-0)

Wylie is undefeated in state quarterfinal games (4-0) going back the last 11 seasons at least.

i think the change to the blacke pants was done because of the red strip kinda of bleeding over onto the white and looking pink.

gainesville hasn't lost at Texas Stadium since 1978.

Adidas410s
11-22-2005, 02:24 PM
i think the change to the blacke pants was done because of the red strip kinda of bleeding over onto the white and looking pink.

gainesville hasn't lost at Texas Stadium since 1978.

yall don't like the pink unis?

HighSchool Fan
11-22-2005, 02:25 PM
yall don't like the pink unis?

they look better on a bulldog :D

Adidas410s
11-22-2005, 02:26 PM
they look better on a bulldog :D

nah cuz yall could change your mascot to the pink panthers! :eek:

injuredinmelee
11-22-2005, 02:26 PM
I hope franklin can catch our 150lber.. lol

HighSchool Fan
11-22-2005, 02:28 PM

the corners will turn him inside, then comes Mr Franklin.

HighSchool Fan
11-22-2005, 02:29 PM

actually, you better hope franklin doesn't catch him.

injuredinmelee
11-22-2005, 03:44 PM
We shall soon see.

LewP
11-22-2005, 03:47 PM
Wylie is a quality program and I think Coach Sandifer may be one of the best coaches in the state.

But fellow 4-3A Abilene Wylie falls this week.

Abilene Wylie 20
Gainesville 27

RMAC
11-23-2005, 12:14 AM
Did everybody forget the '03 and '04 state champs were playing each other this week or does anybody care? Come on guys, I want some more stuff to read.

Adidas410s
11-23-2005, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by RMAC
Did everybody forget the '03 and '04 state champs were playing each other this week or does anybody care? Come on guys, I want some more stuff to read.

geez fatty...there is 3+ pages of info here. It's juicy stuff...ahh...texas high school football...SOAK IT IN!!! :D

Whsdogs
11-23-2005, 01:21 AM
sorry but i dont thing anyone is goin to get a direct hit on edwards..not even you sweet ol "Mr. Franklin"....and he is for sure not goin to catch Mr. Edwards...come on now lets be serious highschool fan..:D

Stang4life5_5
11-23-2005, 01:54 AM
Ive got a bet on wylie winning... so i seriously hope they win...best of luck to both teams

3afan
11-23-2005, 07:35 AM
I don't care who wins - I want OVERTIME !!!!

LewP
11-23-2005, 08:33 AM
My prediction:

Gainesville 27
Abilene Wylie 21

Sorry Bulldogs, luv ya, but it ends this week.

sweetwater07
11-23-2005, 09:27 AM
NO NO NO!!....wylie will not lose this week....at least i hope not...everyone seems to forget the fact that wylie always plays to their opponent and also the fact that hugh sandifer is the MASTER of game planning!!!...i think they will pull it off, just remember the decatur game last season.. no way they should have won but they did it by 1 point..either way a win is a win and they advanced......so before i go to burleson and can't get on until friday afternoon GO BULLDOGS!!! I HAVE FAITH IN TWO YEARS IN A ROW!!

Whsdogs
11-23-2005, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
NO NO NO!!....wylie will not lose this week....at least i hope not...everyone seems to forget the fact that wylie always plays to their opponent and also the fact that hugh sandifer is the MASTER of game planning!!!...i think they will pull it off, just remember the decatur game last season.. no way they should have won but they did it by 1 point..either way a win is a win and they advanced......so before i go to burleson and can't get on until friday afternoon GO BULLDOGS!!! I HAVE FAITH IN TWO YEARS IN A ROW!!

i like this guy :clap:

Adidas410s
11-23-2005, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Stang4life5_5
Ive got a bet on wylie winning... so i seriously hope they win...best of luck to both teams

I had a Gainesville player giving me 15 points for Wylie...it was tempting but I had to pass

slpybear the bullfan
11-23-2005, 12:30 PM
Gainesville by a lot. I don't think it will be close.

jrh
11-23-2005, 04:19 PM
I'll stick with Gainesville in this one. I think they will win by 20. Miller and Franklin are two of the best running backs in the State. They weigh 185 and 215, and are fast. Besides that, both have made all state line backers in the past, and they play both ways most of the time. The quarter back is a good runner and a pretty good passer. The offense and defensive lines are exceptional.

HighSchool Fan
11-23-2005, 05:04 PM
sorry but i dont thing anyone is goin to get a direct hit on edwards..not even you sweet ol "Mr. Franklin"....and he is for sure not goin to catch Mr. Edwards...come on now lets be serious highschool fan..:D

trust me, i am serious. many rb's this year thought the same thing. franklin will get his shots in, just sit back and enjoy them.

Leopards,class of 75
11-23-2005, 05:52 PM
I think the strength of the Gainesville Leopards is their defense. So far this year, they have allowed only 60 points.(11 games). Wylie has given up 162 points in 12 games. Gainesville has scored 447 points and Wylie has scored 403. In all fairness to Wylie, they play in a much better district than does Gainesville.

injuredinmelee
11-23-2005, 05:57 PM
Wylie by 1 on a last second pass by Keenum.

Leopards,class of 75
11-23-2005, 06:03 PM
Wylie by 1 on a last second pass by Keenum. So far according to the poll it's Gainesville 48 votes, Wylie 31 votes.

garciap77
11-23-2005, 07:34 PM
Wylie plays thier best when they are underdogs. It's when they are favored that they have trouble. Go luck to both teams and who ever wins, bring back the state title to Region 1.

sweetwater07
11-23-2005, 08:55 PM
i like this guy :clap:

i try what can i say....you should see me supporting my two fav. schools...wearing a wylie bulldogs beanie and a sweetwater playoff shirt....wylie by 3....just like state!!

pero chato
11-23-2005, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
i try what can i say....you should see me supporting my two fav. schools...wearing a wylie bulldogs beanie and a sweetwater playoff shirt....wylie by 3....just like state!!

No, I LOVE this guy!! Go Mustangs and Bulldogs!!

Phantom Stang
11-24-2005, 12:35 AM
Wylie will win.(I hope)

The G-spot
11-24-2005, 01:02 AM
This is first my first post to this board even though been reading post here off and on sence 2003. but a true (Football Junkie!) over the last 6 years i have been raising my daughter (yes iam Mr. Mom) the only way i have been able to keep up with my addiction is through radio, or newspaper, and you people hear at the DONWLOW and I THANK YOU ALL! might have not made it without you! But Last Friday at exactly 5:28 pm my 6 year old daughter that just started kindergarten this year asked me if we could go to the The Gainesville Leopard football game. I have been waiting for those words for 6 Long years! And we were out the by 5:40 and being leopard fan from birth and seeing hundreds of games I my 35 years I must say sitting their watching that Game with my daughter was the best time i've ever had at any game ive ever been too. and on top of that in the middle of Gainesville thumping Decatur she asked can we go to the game next week? (OOHH YEA!) Abilene wylie has a very good football program that i have much respect for! seeing their last game playoffagainst gainesville in 2003, and being the 2004 state champs their a great team but they will have to play lights out! and catch a few breaks to beat Gainesville call me a homer but gainesville takes this game 35 to 14 !!! take what decaturs QB had to say after playing gainesville last week “The only defense I have ever played against better than this one was the first time we played them,” Maxon said. “They are real fast and real good. We made some adjustments, but we just couldn’t get anything going.” Good luck to both teams!!!! And everybody be safe goin to the game. GO RED

Leopards,class of 75
11-24-2005, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by The G-spot
This is first my first post to this board even though been reading post here off and on sence 2003. but a true (Football Junkie!) over the last 6 years i have been raising my daughter (yes iam Mr. Mom) the only way i have been able to keep up with my addiction is through radio, or newspaper, and you people hear at the DONWLOW and I THANK YOU ALL! might have not made it without you! But Last Friday at exactly 5:28 pm my 6 year old daughter that just started kindergarten this year asked me if we could go to the The Gainesville Leopard football game. I have been waiting for those words for 6 Long years! And we were out the by 5:40 and being leopard fan from birth and seeing hundreds of games I my 35 years I must say sitting their watching that Game with my daughter was the best time i've ever had at any game ive ever been too. and on top of that in the middle of Gainesville thumping Decatur she asked can we go to the game next week? (OOHH YEA!) Abilene wylie has a very good football program that i have much respect for! seeing their last game playoffagainst gainesville in 2003, and being the 2004 state champs their a great team but they will have to play lights out! and catch a few breaks to beat Gainesville call me a homer but gainesville takes this game 35 to 14 !!! take what decaturs QB had to say after playing gainesville last week “The only defense I have ever played against better than this one was the first time we played them,” Maxon said. “They are real fast and real good. We made some adjustments, but we just couldn’t get anything going.” Good luck to both teams!!!! And everybody be safe goin to the game. GO RED G-spot, you need to post more often! I really thought this was an awesome post about you and your daughter enjoying High school Football together. We will be there Saturday night too, but if anyone would like to listen to the game on the internet.... www.kgaf1580.com

Bullaholic
11-26-2005, 11:29 AM
This should be a great contest today between two of the best 3A programs in Texas. I think it will come down to how well the Ab-Wylie offense is able to "outguess" the Gainesville "D", because I don't think they can run over, or outrun them, but instead are going to have to "finese" them. If anybody can, Coach Sandifer is the man for the job. However, on the other side, I think Coach Cordell does an excellent job of play calling with the Gainesville "O". I think Coach Cordell has enough athletic superiority (no disrespect to the ability of Ab-Wylie) with the Leps to overcome more "wrong" guesses on the matchups. Gainesville by 14 is my prediction. Best of Luck to these two great teams today at Texas Stadium.

Adidas410s
11-26-2005, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
This should be a great contest today between two of the best 3A programs in Texas. I think it will come down to how well the Ab-Wylie offense is able to "outguess" the Gainesville "D", because I don't think they can run over, or outrun them, but instead are going to have to "finese" them. If anybody can, Coach Sandifer is the man for the job. However, on the other side, I think Coach Cordell does an excellent job of play calling with the Gainesville "O". I think Coach Cordell has enough athletic superiority (no disrespect to the ability of Ab-Wylie) with the Leps to overcome more "wrong" guesses on the matchups. Gainesville by 14 is my prediction. Best of Luck to these two great teams today at Texas Stadium.

ahh...the classic battle of scheming vs athleticism.

Bullaholic
11-26-2005, 11:41 AM
ahh...the classic battle of scheming vs athleticism.

You said in just a few words what it took me a paragraph to say, Adidas...and even though my "head" says Leps....I never count Sandifer out in any game---he is that "wylie":D , you know.

Adidas410s
11-26-2005, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
You said in just a few words what it took me a paragraph to say, Adidas...and even though my "head" says Leps....I never count Sandifer out in any game---he is that "wylie":D , you know.

yeah. When my friends and I talk about Wylie..we always refer to it as "Sandifer has a chance to beat these guys" not "well we have a D1 QB and Gary Edwards who can play any position and blah, blah, blah"...it's simply "Sandifer can beat them with his gameplanning because you can pretty much count on the kids executing close to 100% every time out."

The G-spot
11-27-2005, 02:24 AM

KTJ
11-27-2005, 03:26 AM
With that said, yeah, there were a few personal fouls for Wylie, which is a few more than I thought I'd see from them. They let their emotions get to them. They saw they were losing and it was sinking in--hence, the PF's. There were several holding calls missed on Wylie and we got away with some as well. But in the end, it was a great game by both teams. Too bad someone had to lose. I hope we don't have to play Liberty-Eylau in Tyler. I'm back in Austin now so I won't be able to go to another game until the State Championship, should we get there.

Adidas410s
11-27-2005, 03:30 AM

KTJ
11-27-2005, 03:32 AM
Dude, sorry about that guys post. His thinking isn't indicative of the city and citizens of Gainesville.

Everyone in the section I sat in had nothing but high praises for Abilene Wylie.

Adidas410s
11-27-2005, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
Dude, sorry about that guys post. His thinking isn't indicative of the city and citizens of Gainesville.

Everyone in the section I sat in had nothing but high praises for Abilene Wylie.

Like I said earlier, you can't take comments like that serious when it's obvious the guy didn't go to watch a football game...but rather to find a reason to convince himself that (in caveman speak) "Gainesville good, Wylie bad!!!" You must not have sat with one of my good friends that is from Gainesville! lol...j/k! We had a good time ribbing each other about this game all week (and hoping for it in the weeks leading up to it) but it was a great game overall and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it.

Wylie had two personal fouls...the late hit (not to be a homer but I didn't hear a whistle at the time he had hit the guy...even if they player had been tackled) and the one at the end when 2 or 3 guys on the line jumped their snap and knocked the OL guys "on their butt!" Actually there was a 3rd one that I forgot about...the no fumble call in the 3rd quarter when I guess one of our players raised his arms towards an official as if to say "how is that NOT a fumble?" Gainesville had two personal fouls as well...it's part of a game!!! These are 17 and 18 yr old kids we are talking about!!!

Also, the fumble that was ruled a no fumble...again I didn't hear any whistle until well after Wylie had picked it up...but as with the personal foul call they were VERY late on blowing dead a lot of plays! Even the one fumble on Franklin I think it was...yeah his forward progress had been stopped and was already three yards backfield and then Wylie strips it out. Of course the play was dead but no official came running in or blew a whistle until the ball popped out. This struck me as odd. Neither team really had holding called on it tonight. It was just one thing that they let go tonight and for the most part they only called procedure penalties and most of the "obvious" 15-yard variety.

That being said, it was a great game and I really enjoyed it. Oddly enough, I'm not even that upset that we lost! I don't care to have the stupid "you have no class" discussion because, as I said before, anybody at a game can point out "oh did you see that player diving at the guys knees instead of wrapping up/that coach yelling at the official/blah, blah, blah"...but it's a waste of time and just detracts from what was a great overall experience for the FANS (and not the haters) at the game. I love how our hero pointed out that Wylie couldn't run the ball at all tonight. I am thinking where called maybe 10 running plays (plus the scrambles by Keenum) had something to do with it. If the coach doesn't feel that running is going to be as effective as passing...THEN HE WON'T CALL RUNNING PLAYS!!! I think the difference in this game tonight was the dropped passes. Whether the two drops late in the 1st half when Wylie had a chance to put more points on the board and take a lot of momentum into the locker room or the drops late in the game...those were what made the difference I think. The passes were there and only 1 of the 5 or 6 drops was tipped by a defender...the other ones the receivers just couldn't bring in. Kind of strange...but that is something that happens in big games. A great game tonight...I'm tired...I've driven 1000 miles in 48 hours...I'm out...

MHSvarsity2007
11-27-2005, 04:12 AM
sounded like a good game...congrats to both teams.

XWylieMom
11-27-2005, 04:17 AM
While I was walking thru the parking lot to leave, several Gainesville fans stopped and said it was a great game...and Wylie is a good team... they were very friendly and I believe very honest. Wylie - your a great team and thank you for this season! You have nothing to be ashamed of!!!

Gainesville - good luck with the next game - your a very good team...

To the teams remaining in the playoffs - Sweetwater!!! Good luck!

gobblerfan02
11-27-2005, 05:04 AM
Just wanted to say good season to those A. Wylie bulldogs!

The G-spot
11-27-2005, 06:12 AM
To who it may concern I have some friends that took some liberty on my computer earlier and i want to say their rambling opinion is not mine! I guess thats what happens when you don't shut down the computer! but they have been dealt with! Can you delete post? i thought it was great game almost as good as Gainesville vs.Forney back in 2003. but again the eariler post not The G-spots opinion!

S-WtrMustangFan
11-27-2005, 12:32 PM
Wylie Bulldogs,I sure hate that yall lost. You had a lot of Mustang fans pulling for ya.At least when someone asks us who give us are only loss this year we can say the Wylie Bulldogs did with pride.Great team,Great year.Go Mustangs!!!!

LewP
11-27-2005, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by XWylieMom
While I was walking thru the parking lot to leave, several Gainesville fans stopped and said it was a great game...and Wylie is a good team... they were very friendly and I believe very honest. Wylie - your a great team and thank you for this season! You have nothing to be ashamed of!!!

Gainesville - good luck with the next game - your a very good team...

To the teams remaining in the playoffs - Sweetwater!!! Good luck!

Congrats on a great season Wylie.

We will continue to carry the Class 4-3A flag on into the state playoffs (hopefully).

Leopards,class of 75
11-27-2005, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by The G-spot
To who it may concern I have some friends that took some liberty on my computer earlier and i want to say their rambling opinion is not mine! I guess thats what happens when you don't shut down the computer! but they have been dealt with! Can you delete post? i thought it was great game almost as good as Gainesville vs.Forney back in 2003. but again the eariler post not The G-spots opinion! I think this game was every bit as good as the Forney game in 2003. Both of these games were games I will never forget! Gainesville beat a very classy team Saturday night, sad to see anyone to lose this game!

The G-spot
11-27-2005, 06:32 PM
yea they were both great games! i just think the forney game was a cleaner palyed game by both teams! Way to much of the yellow flags by both teams last night! and thats the only difference!!!!!