PDA

View Full Version : Texas A&M pass defense

3afan
11-21-2005, 01:50 PM
From CFN :: LINK (http://www.collegefootballnews.com/2005/Hot_Not/Whos_Hot_Not.htm)

Texas A&M pass defense
If Vince Young needs to pad his passing stats for the Heisman voters, this will be the week. Texas A&M is dead last in the nation in pass defense playing worse and worse as the season has gone on. Six teams have thrown for more than 300 yards, while Oklahoma's Rhett Bomar, who hasn't exactly looked like the next Peyton Manning, completed 20 of 29 passes for 298 yards and a touchdown two weeks ago. Over its last four games, the Aggie secondary has allowed 365 passing yards per game and 11 touchdowns.

un b weavable
11-21-2005, 01:58 PM
I will say in the Aggies defense that the secondary has the best crowd pumpers in the Big XII, maybe even the nation. Especially Marquis Carpenter( how is he leading the team in interceptions). Anyways, no matter how good they are at pumping up a crowd, they still suck at covering a pass.

injuredinmelee
11-21-2005, 02:00 PM
they have a pass defense in Collie Station?

What do you all a guy walking downt he street witha goat under each arm in College Station??

A PIMP

Tired old joke but I love it.

lebron_fan
11-21-2005, 02:01 PM
let me get this straight....the aggies have 12 men and still cant cover anyone???? lol....im still wondering where their 7th 8th 9th 10th and 11th men are at on defense

72Yoeman
11-22-2005, 01:12 PM
So who gets fired - the secondary coach for not teachin' 'em how to cover, the defensive coordinator for not teachin' the sec. coach, the head coach for hirin' these coaches AND recruiting these no-coverin' DB's or the whole dang staff since A & M can't seem to score either..........or do ya give em one more year before handin em their heads? I love A & M but I predict 70+ points for the teasips....

Adidas410s
11-22-2005, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by 72Yoeman
So who gets fired - the secondary coach for not teachin' 'em how to cover, the defensive coordinator for not teachin' the sec. coach, the head coach for hirin' these coaches AND recruiting these no-coverin' DB's or the whole dang staff since A & M can't seem to score either..........or do ya give em one more year before handin em their heads? I love A & M but I predict 70+ points for the teasips....

I think the offense will be better because they will likely go back to more of the pass offense that they had last year. At least you would HOPE that they would revert back to that system instead of this option-based offense with Reggie because McGee doesn't have near the speed of Reggie.

lebron_fan
11-22-2005, 01:16 PM
hold up a&m has a defense???? :thinking:

whtfbplaya
11-22-2005, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by lebron_fan
hold up a&m has a defense???? :thinking:

No, but it sounds good!

Astrosdawg07
11-22-2005, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by whtfbplaya
No, but it sounds good! :clap:

vet93
11-22-2005, 05:25 PM
3afan...I can't believe you used A&M and pass defense in the same sentence.;)

District303aPastPlayer
11-22-2005, 05:42 PM
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/avatar.php?userid=20&dateline=1132607322

thats probably the greatest thing i have ever seen sorry

bulldogman06
11-22-2005, 06:28 PM
Wow let everyone bash ATM while Vince Young looks like an idiot on TV. Maybe its just me but id rather have a terrible defense than an idiot quarterback. Wish i could be there when Vince Young steps out onto Kyle Field, but ill be watchin.

vet93
11-22-2005, 06:41 PM
Lighten-up Bulldogman....I am an aggie fan too....We deserve some criticism for underperforming this year....I know the injuries hurt...but we still did not play with any enthusiasm and character....hopefully Fran will turn things around next year!

Originally posted by bulldogman06
Wow let everyone bash ATM while Vince Young looks like an idiot on TV. Maybe its just me but id rather have a terrible defense than an idiot quarterback. Wish i could be there when Vince Young steps out onto Kyle Field, but ill be watchin.

lebron_fan
11-22-2005, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by bulldogman06
Maybe its just me but id rather have a terrible defense than an idiot quarterback.

:thinking: dang i guess it was just me but i thought yall did have an idiot quarterback??? :D

AggieJohn
11-22-2005, 08:46 PM
wow there is like three logical posts on this thread, honestly....in reference to marquis carpenter, he's a decent secondary, he plays with heart, and right now i will take that over the crap i've seen through this season.....as far as who needs to be fired, i think someone should be the goat(and stop with the puns there, that's stupid) and be fired

i think that is should be Torbush, the DC..he's not made a defensive turn around at all

i also think that if fran doesn't turn around the program that pat hill would be a great replacement........i like what he's done at fresno state

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-22-2005, 10:13 PM
:D :D :D

AggieJohn
11-22-2005, 10:35 PM
http://members.aol.com/rrrob19/vynosepick.avi

football4life
11-22-2005, 10:37 PM
that was some quality picking.