PDA

View Full Version : Monahans VS. Bridgeport

zeus63
11-21-2005, 01:47 PM
I know there is already a Monahans/Bridgeprot thread. Just wanted to see actual numbers on what the posters thought.

sweetwater07
11-21-2005, 01:59 PM
i believe bridgeport will pull the upset!!

WitchyWoman
11-21-2005, 02:22 PM
Go Loboes......... :D

3afan
11-21-2005, 02:23 PM
Monahans over Bridgeport or Bridgeprot :p

zeus63
11-21-2005, 03:03 PM
Is it true that Bridgeport's running back has committed to TCU?

GreenMonster
11-21-2005, 03:07 PM
I may be crazy but I felt in the preseason that Bridgeport would put it together and make a deep run this year. I am going with the Bulls in this one. I think that their high powered offense will do things to Monahans no one else has been able to do. I still think it will be close. Bridgeport by 2.

WTF-82
11-22-2005, 09:09 AM
You are underestimating Monahans with that pick Bridgeport may
have a offense but Monahans is great in all phases including the DEFENSE 43-40 win over Breckenridge is not impressive they lost to Bangs a 2-A mediocore team not saying Bridgeport is not tough but you are going to see a football team in Monahans that plays great FOOTBALL if you think by outscoring the Loboes is going to get it done you are wrong the LOBOES will come to play and they will fly to the football the DEFENSE will have a great game they will step it up again the Loboes are continuing to get better every week they will rise to the task again and again they will shock the state all the way till December.

MONAHANS 35
BRIDGEPORT 21

justlikesports
11-22-2005, 09:33 AM
This is gonna be a game! I can hardly wait. I think the Loboes were not at their best against Perryton, but will be ready to play Saturday. Hopefully it will be a little warmer for this game. Everyone have a good Thanksgiving and to all traveling for the holiday and/or games, be safe. To all the teams playing this weekend, good luck and have injury free games. As always, GO LOBOES!!!!!!!

zeus63
11-22-2005, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by ***-82
have a offense but Monahans is great in all phases including the DEFENSE 43-40 win over Breckenridge is not impressive they lost to Bangs a 2-A mediocore team not saying Bridgeport is not tough but you are going to see a football team in Monahans that plays great FOOTBALL if you think by outscoring the Loboes is going to get it done you are wrong the LOBOES will come to play and they will fly to the football the DEFENSE will have a great game they will step it up again the Loboes are continuing to get better every week they will rise to the task again and again they will shock the state all the way till December.

MONAHANS 35
BRIDGEPORT 21

I do agree with you that the Loboes are going to come out with a 'W'. However, Bridgeport is not to be taken lightly, they are VERY good offesively. Their running back has already committed to TCU (unless I am mistaken). Their defense does give up a lot of points, but that is small potatoes compared to what thier offense can do. The Loboes are going to have to show and play some smash mouth football like they did against Snyder. If they show up and play like they did against Perryton, they will lose. On the positive side of that, I think the Loboes realized the mistakes they made against Perryton and will build from that and come out and beat the snot out of Bridgeport.

jmcgee
11-22-2005, 09:57 AM
I say monahans by 7

sweetwater07
11-22-2005, 11:12 AM

MONAHANS 35
BRIDGEPORT 21

if your players come out to the bowl with the same attitude that you have in this ignorant post then yall will go home sad.......don't get big headed before game night comes
no one is underestimating monahans..we know yall are good but whats the use of this website if not to debate over the games......

zeus63
11-22-2005, 11:47 AM
Bravo sweetwater07!!

donjuan
11-22-2005, 11:55 AM
Monahans and Sweetwater need to be hyped up and ready to play. It sounds like neither team brought there A game last games.

WTF-82
11-22-2005, 03:40 PM
Talk about big head from a sweetwater poster you are crazy Loboes do not get big headed that flat out simple now sweetwater i have read all youre mustang posters hek from what I have read yall are already the State Champs and we are still in November talk about big head you are crazy flat out. nobody in Lobo land has the big head we love the underdog role LOBOES just play football. Hek Sweetwater people is already talking about Cuero you are crazy you better be ready for the winner of Bridgeport and Monahans hek you better be ready for Iowa Park they look good lots better than Littlefield talk about big heads

LewP
11-22-2005, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
I may be crazy but I felt in the preseason that Bridgeport would put it together and make a deep run this year. I am going with the Bulls in this one. I think that their high powered offense will do things to Monahans no one else has been able to do. I still think it will be close. Bridgeport by 2.

Clint,

I think this is going to be an offensive slug-fest. As I have stated before, Bridgeport has no fear of a team hanging 35-40 points on them. They don't become rattled or down in the mouth. That said, I think this should be lights out offensive show.

Monahans 47
Bridgeport 40

Ranger Mom
11-22-2005, 03:48 PM
Talk about big head from a sweetwater poster you are crazy Loboes do not get big headed that flat out simple now sweetwater i have read all youre mustang posters hek from what I have read yall are already the State Champs and we are still in November talk about big head you are crazy flat out. nobody in Lobo land has the big head we love the underdog role LOBOES just play football. Hek Sweetwater people is already talking about Cuero you are crazy you better be ready for the winner of Bridgeport and Monahans hek you better be ready for Iowa Park they look good lots better than Littlefield talk about big heads

Uuuuhhhhhh.........WHAT????

That was one of the hardest things I have ever read. If you don't think Monahans is doing "smack talking"...just go visit the TexasHSFootball website...there is plenty there!!

WTF-82
11-22-2005, 03:54 PM
thats called pride man defend youre school when people acusse you of smak talking give me a break
that is not smak talking

Ranger Mom
11-22-2005, 03:59 PM
thats called pride man defend youre school when people acusse you of smak talking give me a break
that is not smak talking

uhh....okay!:confused:

WTF-82
11-22-2005, 04:01 PM
PLEASE REMEMBER WE ARE FANS I HAVE SAID IT BEFORE YOU TRUST ME THE PLAYERS AND COACHES ARE VERY AWARE OF WHAT
THE BRIDGEPORT TEAMS IS ABOUT TRUST ME THEY KNOW HOW GREAT OF A BACK THEY HAVE AND OFFENSIVE LINE COME ON RANGER MOM I THOUGHT YOU WERE BETTER THAN THAT I CAN NOT BELIEVE WHAT I READ FROM YOU LET THE FANS BE FANS AND PLAYERS AND COACHES BE.
MY PICK 35-21 LOBOES IS THAT SMAK TALKING LOBOES DEFENSE WILL STOP THE BRIDGEPORT BACK IS THAT SMAK TALKING PLEASE QUIT HATING ON THE LOBOES YALL SOUND LIKE THE TIGER POSTERS

SORRY I WAS SO UPSET I JUST CANT BELIEVE YOU CAN NOT HAVE PRIDE THESE DAYS IN YOU RE TEAM OR YOURE LOOKING AHEAD

Ranger Mom
11-22-2005, 04:06 PM
PLEASE REMEMBER WE ARE FANS I HAVE SAID IT BEFORE YOU TRUST ME THE PLAYERS AND COACHES ARE VERY AWARE OF WHAT
THE BRIDGEPORT TEAMS IS ABOUT TRUST ME THEY KNOW HOW GREAT OF A BACK THEY HAVE AND OFFENSIVE LINE COME ON RANGER MOM I THOUGHT YOU WERE BETTER THAN THAT I CAN NOT BELIEVE WHAT I READ FROM YOU LET THE FANS BE FANS AND PLAYERS AND COACHES BE.
MY PICK 35-21 LOBOES IS THAT SMAK TALKING LOBOES DEFENSE WILL STOP THE BRIDGEPORT BACK IS THAT SMAK TALKING PLEASE QUIT HATING ON THE LOBOES YALL SOUND LIKE THE TIGER POSTERS

SORRY I WAS SO UPSET I JUST CANT BELIEVE YOU CAN NOT HAVE PRIDE THESE DAYS IN YOU RE TEAM OR YOURE LOOKING AHEAD

Dang...I am leaving work so I can't even respond to this.....I think you took what I said WAY out of context!

But I will have to get back to ya on that one later!

Until then......chill out dude!!!

DaHop72
11-22-2005, 04:07 PM
Sorry ***, but Mom is right. Had you read the post on the other board of which she spoke, you would not have had to go off on her in your very biligerent caustic response. I also think she definitely has a very good history of being better than that.:doh: :doh:

Bullaholic
11-22-2005, 04:49 PM
Somebody give me a history lesson here. Were Sweetwater and Monahans big "rivals" back in the 4A days? Seems like I get the feeling that the Bulls have got some support coming from some of the Sweetwater folks. Glad to have it, and I hope that the game Sat will be as exciting as our last game against Breckenridge, with the Bulls coming out on top again. We also know that Monahans is 12-0 for a reason, and that "13" is an unlucky number.

NateDawg39
11-22-2005, 04:58 PM
***-82 talks funny!:D But Bridgeport will win in my mind...gotta support Wise county teams to the end ya know!

Bullaholic
11-22-2005, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
***-82 talks funny!:D But Bridgeport will win in my mind...gotta support Wise county teams to the end ya know!

Thanks, Nate---the Eagles caught a tough 2nd round foe in Gainesville. If your guys just would have thought they were playing the Bulls again, I don't think Gainesville would have had a chance. I know nobody in Decatur would say it, but the Eagles were never the same after Cobb re-injured his ankle---the timing between he and Maxon seemed to suffer. Hope you can make the game if you are still out in Abilene.

LewP
11-22-2005, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Somebody give me a history lesson here. Were Sweetwater and Monahans big "rivals" back in the 4A days? Seems like I get the feeling that the Bulls have got some support coming from some of the Sweetwater folks. Glad to have it, and I hope that the game Sat will be as exciting as our last game against Breckenridge, with the Bulls coming out on top again. We also know that Monahans is 12-0 for a reason, and that "13" is an unlucky number.

Bull, let me try and help out here. I live about 15 miles from Wise County and I am a a graduate of Sweetwater High School.
Here's the deal. Anytime anyone states their opinion on here about how they really feel, and it isn't in favor of Monahans, they go absolutely balistic.

Frankly, I hope Bridgeport wins this game, but I don't think they will. That's just an honest opinion here. You haven't heard too much from Monahans lately talking smack about Sweetwater necause Monahans is playing is Sweetwater this week (as you know) and they don't want to create a riot just yet.

I think the bottom line here is there are lots of Monahans posters that are still quite young and haven't mastered the art of conversation yet. Hang in there Bull. I like reading your comments. Good Luck!

Ranger Mom
11-22-2005, 05:41 PM

Okay.....where to begin!!:rolleyes:

First of all, I am rooting for Monahans, so I don't see where you get that I am hating on the Loboes.

Second of all, there HAS been "smack talk" on the OTHER board I was speaking of. So much so that LH Panther Mom gave one poster a couple of days vacation from the board. She and I BOTH moderate on that other board also.

And last, please show me where I ever accused YOU of smack talking! Heck, I can barely decipher your posts, much less figure out what you are actually trying to say!!

And one more thing...when you SCREAM at me in ALL CAPS...it makes an already unreadable post even more unreadable!

justlikesports
11-22-2005, 07:32 PM
First, I know Ranger Mom and she supports the teams from our district, so don't rag on her. I know she will be rooting for the Loboes.
The other thing is please don't assume that all Lobo fans are talking mess. I proudly support the Loboes and know that they are gonna have to play hard this weekend. I am just happy the Loboes have had success this year. Every school has those supporters that trash talk and those who don't, just remember that.

Ranger Mom
11-22-2005, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by justlikesports
First, I know Ranger Mom and she supports the teams from our district, so don't rag on her. I know she will be rooting for the Loboes.
The other thing is please don't assume that all Lobo fans are talking mess. I proudly support the Loboes and know that they are gonna have to play hard this weekend. I am just happy the Loboes have had success this year. Every school has those supporters that trash talk and those who don't, just remember that.

Thanks K!!

Every team has it's "talkers" and I don't have a problem with that. The majority of times it's the fans NOT the players and/or coaches.....and then the "smack talk" usually comes from a minority of posters NOT the majority!

That being said.................GO LOBOES!!!

mustang04
11-22-2005, 09:36 PM

hey...im pretty sure im the one who started bthat post and i said it would be awesome IF that game happened...i wasnt saying "sweetwater is definitely going to end up playing cuero" read the post right before u say something about it..but i will agree about the big headedness part tho..and sweetwater07 has been VERY guilty of it before:D

slpybear the bullfan
11-22-2005, 09:46 PM
Howdy all you fans!!!!

I cannot wait to get out to Sweetwater and root on my Bulls....

We don't know much about Monahans... but we do know how to play the role of the underdog.

How would I describe Bridgeport? Offense, Offense, Offense... with enough defense to provide the stops when needed.

We had a rough turn through Pre-district... I believe everyone in Predistrict wound up playing post season ball.

Lots of time getting comfortable and think we are beginning to click at just the right time.

We played decent against Breckenridge last week, but had several, several miscues that allowed Breck some points and took away from us... so we are working this week to fix those.

Hope to see any DLers out in Sweetwater... The Slpybear will be there with Bells on!

GO BULLS!!!!!!!

Leopards,class of 75
11-22-2005, 10:20 PM
I am going to go with Bridgeport in a close game.

Ranger Mom
11-22-2005, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan

Hope to see any DLers out in Sweetwater... The Slpybear will be there with Bells on!

GO BULLS!!!!!!!

Unless something unforeseen comes up, I will be there too. You should be easy to spot, wearing bells and all!:p :p

Bullaholic
11-22-2005, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Unless something unforeseen comes up, I will be there too. You should be easy to spot, wearing bells and all!:p :p

RM, I hope you can make it...Slpy and I will look for you.....although the image of Slpy with "bells" on is one i'm going to have to adjust to......

sinton66
11-22-2005, 10:40 PM
RM, I hope you can make it...Slpy and I will look for you.....although the image of Slpy with "bells" on is one i'm going to have to adjust to......

Maybe yall could talk him into bringing some of his grandad's baskets. :D

Bullaholic
11-22-2005, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by sinton66

Don't know 66'...I think I'm going to have to "tone it down" because RM is going to be there---I've already got her expecting some folks that look and act like "Raider Nation" fans. :D

slpybear the bullfan
11-22-2005, 10:50 PM

:clap: ;)

You know it!!!! Grandpa Steve would be so happy you remembered him!!!!!!!!!!

Ranger Mom
11-22-2005, 10:51 PM
Don't know 66'...I think I'm going to have to "tone it down" because RM is going to be there---I've already got her expecting some folks that look and act like "Raider Nation" fans. :D

NO!!! Don't tone it down...that's the main reason I am coming!!

slpybear the bullfan
11-22-2005, 10:51 PM
I like the idea of a M&G for whomever shows up. Any suggestions as to where at Halftime? I am sure a camera will appear!

Mustangpride09
11-22-2005, 10:55 PM

can somebody say 57 word sentences?

WTF-82
11-22-2005, 10:59 PM
Ok, everyone forgive me specially Ranger Mom for speeking out the way I did. It just really bothers me when someone thinks that the loboes have the big head. Which I can guarantee you that the players do not have the big head. They know what kind of team the Bulls have, they are very good I am impressed with them great back. But This is how I feel about posters and fans they will post and saying crazy things, as do I but what I am trying to say most of these posters do not play or Coach ball anymore I just wanted to make a point the team is very focussed as I am sure is the Bridgeport team it should be lots of fun.
And also making coments about my gramar on my post is not
necessery. I do not post on here so everyone can grade me but,
I will be more carefull how I write

Ranger Mom
11-22-2005, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
I like the idea of a M&G for whomever shows up. Any suggestions as to where at Halftime? I am sure a camera will appear!

When me and swtrmstngs04 met up earlier this season, we met under the scoreboard.

Now there is a fence right there with a gate, they had a lady standing there "at guard"...but she was nice enough to let us through.

If nothing else, we could still meet "at the fence"....it's only a 4' chainlink one.

Mustangpride09
11-22-2005, 11:01 PM
i guess ill just have to show up to

Ranger Mom
11-22-2005, 11:05 PM
Ok, everyone forgive me specially Ranger Mom for speeking out the way I did. It just really bothers me when someone thinks that the loboes have the big head. Which I can guarantee you that the players do not have the big head. They know what kind of team the Bulls have, they are very good I am impressed with them great back. But This is how I feel about posters and fans they will post and saying crazy things, as do I but what I am trying to say most of these posters do not play or Coach ball anymore I just wanted to make a point the team is very focussed as I am sure is the Bridgeport team it should be lots of fun.
And also making coments about my gramar on my post is not
necessery. I do not post on here so everyone can grade me but,
I will be more carefull how I write

Well, just a word of advice. When we read a post with virtually no punctuation in it, it's hard to decide where one sentence ends and the other begins. So the entire thing ends up not making any sense....to me anyway!

And like I said earlier, you took what I said way out of context. I have never said anything about any Monahans posters on THIS board. Now there are other boards where the Monahans posters are more vocal, more cocky and more foul mouthed. LH Panther Mom shut one down for a couple of days last week for that very reason.

But you should know I will be cheering for Monahans....heck, I gotta support my own district!

WTF-82
11-22-2005, 11:13 PM
You are right did read some probably young kids.

I did take what you said way out of context. But that is behind us I hope it is a great game and I hope the Loboes come out on top. I do believe they will, they have an awesome Coach. Who does a great job in preperation hek that is his strengh.

I hope after saturday we set up a big time game with Sweetwater I played them when I was competing and
our class was the last and one of the few to get a win over Sweetwater.

Ranger Mom
11-22-2005, 11:17 PM

I did take what you said way out of context. But that is behind us I hope it is a great game and I hope the Loboes come out on top. I do believe they will, they have an awesome Coach. Who does a great job in preperation hek that is his strengh.

I hope after saturday we set up a big time game with Sweetwater I played them when I was competing and

IF that match up were to happen, it would sure make me happy if it was played at Grande!!

Bullaholic
11-22-2005, 11:20 PM

***-82....I think it's going to be a great game between two fine teams. Bridgeport brings a bunch of really avid fans...I've heard that Monahans does likewise. Couple that with the interest of the Sweetwater area fans, and I truly think this one could be SRO. As I have said before, and I don't want to "bore" anybody with it----the Bulls don't win all of them, but they never, ever, fail to be exciting. I look forward to seeing everyone there....the playoffs are the best. Best of Luck, short of a win.

Ranger Mom
11-22-2005, 11:21 PM
***-82....I think it's going to be a great game between two fine teams. Bridgeport brings a bunch of really avid fans...I've heard that Monahans does likewise. Couple that with the interest of the Sweetwater area fans, and I truly think this one could be SRO. As I have said before, and I don't want to "bore" anybody with it----the Bulls don't win all of them, but they never, ever, fail to be exciting. I look forward to seeing everyone there....the playoffs are the best. Best of Luck, short of a win.

:confused: :confused: SRO :confused: :confused:

WTF-82
11-22-2005, 11:21 PM
I have heard San Angelo but it may be just a rumor, if it was to happen. Anywhere the two Schools would play, would bring a great atmoshere.

Ranger Mom
11-22-2005, 11:22 PM
I have heard San Angelo but it may be just a rumor, if it was to happen. Anywhere the two Schools would play, would bring a great atmoshere.

That wouldn't be too bad either.....I just hate driving home from San Angelo at night, too many darn deer!:eek:

Bullaholic
11-22-2005, 11:23 PM

S-tanding R-oom O-nly, RM. Probably optomistic projection, but I bet there is a "mob" there Saturday.

Ranger Mom
11-22-2005, 11:24 PM

Standing Room Only!!

I figured it out all by myself!!:clap:

Ranger Mom
11-22-2005, 11:25 PM
S-tanding R-oom O-nly, RM. Probably optomistic projection, but I bet there is a "mob" there Saturday.

Darn it...you beat me to the punch!!!:mad:

WTF-82
11-22-2005, 11:25 PM
Very good Bullaholic you are right Monahans brings a great crowd
specially, know that the Lobo Volleyball girls are done State Runner-ups. It should be a great one.

WTF-82
11-22-2005, 11:26 PM
Who is the home team on Saturday monahans or bridge.

Bullaholic
11-22-2005, 11:27 PM
Who is the home team on Saturday monahans or bridge.

I understand the Loboes have the honor, ***.

WTF-82
11-22-2005, 11:29 PM
Thankyou, well gotta go getting late for me enjoy the evening RM and Bullaholic.

vet93
11-22-2005, 11:54 PM
You're right RM...Big IF...the Bulls will bring it and that offense can light you up...Ballinger found out in the playoffs a few years ago (seems like decades). I will have to disagree on the potential playoff site for a POSSIBLE playoff matchup between Sweetwater and Monahans.....I think that San Angelo would be the best place....for obvious reasons!!!!:D

IF that match up were to happen, it would sure make me happy if it was played at Grande!!

LH Panther Mom
11-23-2005, 05:48 AM
:clap: :clap:

donjuan
11-23-2005, 06:03 PM
The Loboes are very successful this year for a few reasons. They have a lot of good athletes. THey have a great head coach who is a good motivator. They have a lot of new coaches who care about the kids. They had a new offseason started last year by the two powerlifting coaches and it has made those kids look a lot different than they did last year. The games I can make it looks like the kids are having fun playing football. Good luck to the Loboes against Bridgeport. Go Loboes!

sweetwater07
11-23-2005, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Mustangpride09
can somebody say 57 word sentences?

sweet jesus...that guy didn't get past elementry english did he........"hek us sweetwater posters already is big headed".....are you serious?? hahahahaha tty monday C

sweetwater08
11-23-2005, 10:10 PM
this game will be a great battle, both on offense and defense.
im going to say
Monahans ~ 42
Bridgeport ~ 35

ThE_OnE_lObOe
11-24-2005, 07:48 PM
the smack talkers on texashsfootball do not play and it really doesn't matter what they think i know for sure that there aren't any players talkin any kind of crap like those kids are so let them talk on its kinda funny between them and sweetwater's crap talkers....as for the game i think our defense will be able to stop them more than they can stop our offense...i am a player and i'm not talkin crap hats just my opinion 42-32 monahans

Mustangpride09
11-25-2005, 01:48 AM
Judging by all the monahans posters in this topic, I dont think they teach proper grammar or punctuation very well in monahans...

loboes86
11-25-2005, 11:38 AM
If you are grading everybody on their English skills, you would know that you capitilize the M in Monahans. Just as you would the S in Sweetwater.:D

LewP
11-25-2005, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by loboes86
If you are grading evertbody on their English skills, you would know that you capitilize the M in Monahans. Just as you would the S in Sweetwater.:D

LOL Loboes86..

Touche'

Phantom Stang
11-25-2005, 02:46 PM
My mind caused me to vote for Monahans, but my heart is with Bridgeport. Afterall, any town with a big nice convenience store that advertises "Bikers Are Welcome Here" can't be all bad.:D

loboesstate07
11-26-2005, 12:42 PM
whoever says monahans is going to lose is a retard if u ask me so yea thats what i think about this game so yall just go ahead and post watever but the game is going to be a blowout if u ask me iono though

if bridgeports offensive backs are as good as people say it MIGHT be a game

Monahans wins

its_n_ D_water
11-26-2005, 01:02 PM
Dont get wrong here ..Monahans is good..but I dont think Bridgeport is just going to rollover for them...I think its going to be a good game...whoever can keep their heads on straight and focus will win...

sww-bull52
11-26-2005, 01:04 PM
Hopefully the Loboe players aren't thinking like this guy.