11-21-2005, 11:46 AM
BC 24
Hut 21

Gsquared
11-21-2005, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by chaingang
BC 24
Hut 21
Havnt seen BC this year but saw Hutto Satuday.

yoemenkracker30
11-21-2005, 01:20 PM
good luck to the hippos....keep d19 rollin!

cardtilldeath
11-21-2005, 02:53 PM
It's always good to check out your opponent, and I did just that this past Saturday. I drove to Round Rock to scout the Marlin/Hutto game, and fully expected a Marlin rout. What I saw was a Hutto victory, and alot of determination on behalf of the Hippos. However, I wasn't that impressed with Marlin. I had heard how great Marlin was, and granted the QB and that wide receiver #12 is way above average, but that was all I saw. I know that one game doesn't make a season, this is just what I witnessed. Hutto surprised me the way they fought back after each Marlin score, and even answered the Marlin two point conversion with a two pointer of their own. With that said, I think BC wins by three TD's. I know this was only one game I saw Hutto play, but it just seems to me that they are one dimentional. I saw only one pass, and the QB pitched on the option once. This is from halfway in the second quarter to the end of the game. I was a little late. Long road trip you know.
I believe the defense can stop what I saw Saturday night, and if Hutto adjusts, and begins to expand the offense.....I believe BC can and will make those adjustments as well.
Let me conclude by saying I enjoyed the visit with the Hutto
Hippos. Great fans, so don't take this personal. I only saw one game vs 10 of BC's. You have a great program and one to be proud of.

IMO BC 35.............Hutto Hippos 14

But stranger things have happened. We shutout Jasper 23-0
and WO-S beat us!

Gsquared
11-21-2005, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by cardtilldeath
It's always good to check out your opponent, and I did just that this past Saturday. I drove to Round Rock to scout the Marlin/Hutto game, and fully expected a Marlin rout. What I saw was a Hutto victory, and alot of determination on behalf of the Hippos. However, I wasn't that impressed with Marlin. I had heard how great Marlin was, and granted the QB and that wide receiver #12 is way above average, but that was all I saw. I know that one game doesn't make a season, this is just what I witnessed. Hutto surprised me the way they fought back after each Marlin score, and even answered the Marlin two point conversion with a two pointer of their own. With that said, I think BC wins by three TD's. I know this was only one game I saw Hutto play, but it just seems to me that they are one dimentional. I saw only one pass, and the QB pitched on the option once. This is from halfway in the second quarter to the end of the game. I was a little late. Long road trip you know.
I believe the defense can stop what I saw Saturday night, and if Hutto adjusts, and begins to expand the offense.....I believe BC can and will make those adjustments as well.
Let me conclude by saying I enjoyed the visit with the Hutto
Hippos. Great fans, so don't take this personal. I only saw one game vs 10 of BC's. You have a great program and one to be proud of.

IMO BC 35.............Hutto Hippos 14

But stranger things have happened. We shutout Jasper 23-0
and WO-S beat us! I pretty much knew Hutto would win that one as long as they didnt make alot of mistakes. My hats off to Marlin for hanging in there after a tuff week.

Old Cardinal
11-21-2005, 04:07 PM
I have seen Hutto play also and was impressed; however, BC is loaded with superior athletes and plenty of depth.
I think BC will be led on defense by David Blackshear and Taylor Faulk and coupled with plenty of fresh quality rotational-substituting on defense: they will be the ones winning the battle especially in the second half.
BC has an awesome multi-faceted passing attack-- if they have to use it. They also have intercepted as many as 5 passes in a ball game with many great runbacks, Hippo Coaching knows this. BC has purposely season-long, developed depth in all positions and it is their trump card.
The only way that Hutto wins is if BC turns the ball over a whole bunch on bone-head plays and the likelihood of that gets rarer each game played.

Old Cardinal
11-21-2005, 09:28 PM
I just reread the assorted post on here and other threads. I think it will be a great game between Hutto and BC. Two different philosophies of football. I think that BC has a slight edge having proven themselves under fire against
WO-S all through the second half and taking out a good finalist Jasper team in a shutout shocker. Hutto seems about equal to Yoe or Liberty Hill and a few that they just beat.
BC has gotten a bit better with each game from midseason on. Go Johnny Dishon is a much stronger QB than any of those teams outside of SE TX have ever seen. Again, Hutto will get some points but BC will score as many as needed to win convincingly, in my opinion. I look for them to win without opening up the playbook a whole lot.

shankbear
11-21-2005, 09:32 PM
stronger than ANY...outside of SETexas. Who has seen em all OC?

Modest Man
11-21-2005, 09:33 PM
never underestimate the underdog...

shankbear
11-21-2005, 09:35 PM
never with a CAPITAL "N"

Modest Man
11-21-2005, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by shankbear
never with a CAPITAL "N"

i like you

we should hang out

we would cause trouble and with my goodlooks and charm I will get away with it.

LH Panther Mom
11-21-2005, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
I think that BC has a slight edge having proven themselves under fire against WO-S all through the second half and taking out a good finalist Jasper team in a shutout shocker. Hutto seems about equal to Yoe or Liberty Hill and a few that they just beat.
BC has gotten a bit better with each game from midseason on. Go Johnny Dishon is a much stronger QB than any of those teams outside of SE TX have ever seen. Again, Hutto will get some points but BC will score as many as needed to win convincingly, in my opinion. I look for them to win without opening up the playbook a whole lot.
Oh, and I'm sure that no other team in the state outside of BC has improved each week. :rolleyes: Every time you "compliment" another team, it has the distinct appearance of being a slam.

shankbear
11-21-2005, 09:39 PM
but the Mandy thing from the other thread makes me not knowing if I should wind my watch or scratch my butt....or wind my butt or scratch my watch.

Modest Man
11-21-2005, 09:40 PM
but the Mandy thing from the other thread makes me not knowing if I should wind my watch or scratch my butt....or wind my butt or scratch my watch.

honestly, in your case my friend, what would really be the difference?

shankbear
11-21-2005, 09:45 PM
You thinkin that they might have released me a bit early, eh?

Modest Man
11-21-2005, 09:49 PM
You thinkin that they might have released me a bit early, eh?
that or you forgot to pick up your meds again!

Paratrooper
11-21-2005, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Predictions?

My prediction

BRIDGE CITY 28
HUTTO 14

Jerry's
(19)Hutto
(7) BRIDGE CITY....BC by 4