PDA

View Full Version : Bubba picks his last dirty dozen

Bubba-Joe
11-21-2005, 11:40 AM
1. Cureo v Ingleside - Gobblers run wild
2. Libery Hill v Devine - gotta go with the War Horses too cool of a name - sorry LH Mom
3. Hutto v Bridge City - BC don't care how cool a Hippo is
4. Yoe v Kirblyville - Yoemen
5. Madison v Tatum - Tatum
6. Emory Rains v Canton - Canton is a team of purpose
7. Monahans v Brigeport - close too close to call
8. Swater v Iowa Park -Mustangs in a wild one
9 Wylie v Gainesville another close game going with Wylie
10. Kennadale v Liberty E. Wildcats of Kennadale
11. Giddings v WOS gotta go with the Mustangs
12. Wimberly v Hondo- Wimberly Texans

chaingang
11-21-2005, 11:50 AM
Wylie over Gains?

What makes you think that?

WitchyWoman
11-21-2005, 11:54 AM
Nice picks Jubba.

Go STANGS...... GO DAWGS....... GO LOBOES !!!!

zeus63
11-21-2005, 11:56 AM
nice picks Bubba. Although, I think it will be a close one between Bridgeport and Monahans, I'm going with the Loboes.

LH Panther Mom
11-21-2005, 11:58 AM
:weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

NateDawg39
11-21-2005, 11:58 AM
I think Gainesville is a very good team, but Wylie has a good team aswell. I bet they come out on top cause Sandifer is to smart for the young Cordell.

HighSchool Fan
11-21-2005, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
I think Gainesville is a very good team, but Wylie has a good team aswell. I bet they come out on top cause Sandifer is to smart for the young Cordell.

sandifer wasn't to smart a couple of years ago when cordell was in his first year as a head coach. i'll be the first to go out on a limb and say gainesville by 2 td's.

3afan
11-21-2005, 12:05 PM
well, I think that year Cordell's "smartness" was spelled P-U-R-V-E-Y ... if ya know what I mean! ;) :D

or maybe T-A-L-E-N-T is more accurate, only the most inept coach would NOT have won the state title that year with that team - they were that good

hutex04
11-21-2005, 12:17 PM
its ok LH mom, i think yall will go further than that :D

injuredinmelee
11-21-2005, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
well, I think that year Cordell's "smartness" was spelled P-U-R-V-E-Y ... if ya know what I mean! ;) :D

or maybe T-A-L-E-N-T is more accurate, only the most inept coach would NOT have won the state title that year with that team - they were that good

Purvey want that much of a factor in the semi game. He came alive in title game against Burnet however.

Adidas410s
11-21-2005, 12:30 PM

Yeah with the speed that Gainesville has...they set up a system simple enough for it. It's called "snap it and run...fast!!!" Doesn't require any special abilities to execute it...

Astrosdawg07
11-21-2005, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Bubba-Joe
2. Libery Hill v Devine - gotta go with the War Horses too cool of a name - sorry LH Mom

I agree with all, but WOS may be shocked by Giddings. GO 'Stangs!

KTJ
11-21-2005, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Yeah with the speed that Gainesville has...they set up a system simple enough for it. It's called "snap it and run...fast!!!" Doesn't require any special abilities to execute it...

That's just a typical athlete at Gainesville. It's like that in any sport and has been that way since forever.

HighSchool Fan
11-21-2005, 12:51 PM

that was a good team, but i would take this defense over that defense any day.

Black_Magic
11-21-2005, 01:14 PM
Great Defensive Game plan last week Bubba!:thumbsup: Good thing the Wildcats arnt as deep and you guys have a good O:D

sweetwater07
11-21-2005, 01:18 PM
i hope we dont get big headed like we did last week against littlefield or IP will beat us......as for wylie..i think they will win against gainesville but it will be very close......maybe OT....two very good teams!!..

vet93
11-21-2005, 01:30 PM
I root for Wylie, but I think that this may be their waterloo......Gainseville seems to really have the athletes this year which can be hard to overcome. I pick Gainesville by 14. However.....I have often underestimated Wylie in the playoffs...they tend to play to their opponent. If anyone can pull the upset it would be Sandifer and Co.

I will take Sweetwater by a touchdown against IP...but, just as I have warned in previous posts...the Mustangs had better bring their best...IP will be tough and have improved greatly.

pero chato
11-21-2005, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by vet93
I root for Wylie, but I think that this may be their waterloo......Gainseville seems to really have the athletes this year which can be hard to overcome. I pick Gainesville by 14. However.....I have often underestimated Wylie in the playoffs...they tend to play to their opponent. If anyone can pull the upset it would be Sandifer and Co.

I will take Sweetwater by a touchdown against IP...but, just as I have warned in previous posts...the Mustangs had better bring their best...IP will be tough and have improved greatly.

Good analysis as always, Vet. Two years ago when Wylie and Gainesville played, it was amazing to watch how raw bursts of speed can turn the game around. Best I can remember, Gainesville exploded for three third quarter touchdowns before Wylie knew what happened. Plus, their secondary was running down the Wylie receivers fairly easily. We made it respectable in the end, but there was no question in the second half who wins that one. Without being a homer, Gainesville by 14, but my heart still goes with Wylie by 3.

I think Sweetwater quits fooling around this week and puts together a complete game and wins by 20.

Adidas410s
11-21-2005, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
that was a good team, but i would take this defense over that defense any day.

Why do you say that? From what I saw on Friday...this defense doesn't have near the speed in their front 7 that the '03 team did. Also, their secondary played a lot closer to the line where as these guys give BIG cushions to a defense to "keep the play in front of them."

HighSchool Fan
11-21-2005, 02:46 PM
Why do you say that? From what I saw on Friday...this defense doesn't have near the speed in their front 7 that the '03 team did. Also, their secondary played a lot closer to the line where as these guys give BIG cushions to a defense to "keep the play in front of them."

the DL and LB's are much better this year, they get pressure on almost every play. the DB's aren't as good as they were in 2003, but the overall defense is much better.

HighSchool Fan
11-21-2005, 02:56 PM

also, how many times did you see someone make the corner on them. how many passes were caught in the flat and the WR got by the DB's. they still have more than enough speed on the defense.

garciap77
11-21-2005, 03:19 PM
I have not see Gainesville play this year. I saw them in the 2003 game aganist us (Wylie) and the running backs just had to much speed for us. Are they a passing team or a running team this year?

Adidas410s
11-21-2005, 03:23 PM
also, how many times did you see someone make the corner on them. how many passes were caught in the flat and the WR got by the DB's. they still have more than enough speed on the defense.

I am not doubting the speed. Go back to my analysis from the other day and I pointed out that not once did their WR's get past Gainesville's DB's. I was just remember that in '03 Gainesville's linemen were running down our backs and receivers in '03 where I didn't see them doing that as much against Decatur. Then again...Decatur just threw it sideways anyways for DB's to come up and stop them every play. The more I think about it, last Friday's game isn't that great of an indicator of what we will see on Saturday!

Adidas410s
11-21-2005, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
I have not see Gainesville play this year. I saw them in the 2003 game aganist us (Wylie) and the running backs just had to much speed for us. Are they a passing team or a running team this year?

run...run...run...and only pass if it's 2nd or 3rd and long

HighSchool Fan
11-21-2005, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by garciap77

mostly running, enough passing to keep the defense honest.

LewP
11-22-2005, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Bubba-Joe

Bubba,

I'm wondering why it's your LAST Dirty Dozen?? Are you gonna pick your last half dozen too?

injuredinmelee
11-22-2005, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by vet93

I love the Waterloo reference. But this is at the last years Normandy for Wylie.

Keith7
11-22-2005, 12:24 PM

We had the same Purvey the year before and didn't make it past the 2nd round

3afan
11-22-2005, 12:27 PM
different T-E-A-M ;)

Keith7
11-22-2005, 12:27 PM
Also, their secondary played a lot closer to the line where as these guys give BIG cushions to a defense to "keep the play in front of them."

That is part of Coach Cordell's defensive philosphy.. he believes Gainesville can give up short routes and use our speed to come up and tackle the guys for little gain.. Trust me, you guys might all have huge crushes on Sandifer, but to say that he is "smarter" then coach cordell is just foolish.. What is Sandifer's winning percentage??

HighSchool Fan
11-22-2005, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
We had the same Purvey the year before and didn't make it past the 2nd round

that year the coach gainesville had was the most inept coach in Texas. that being said, Cordell did to Sandifer what he did to all coaches in 2003 year, played them close in the first half then made some adjustments and took it to them in the second half. Forney was the only exception to that.

3afan
11-22-2005, 12:29 PM
winning percentage??

that comparison only makes sense over the same time-span, or same length of time ... IMO

Keith7
11-22-2005, 12:30 PM
different T-E-A-M ;)

yea true, but not too much different, that team that won state had 17 returning starters from the team that had lost in the 2nd round the year before :eek:

3afan
11-22-2005, 12:30 PM
that year the coach gainesville had was the most inept coach in Texas. that being said, Cordell did to Sandifer what he did to all coaches in 2003 year, played them close in the first half then made some adjustments and took it to them in the second half. Forney was the only exception to that.

that was a helluva game .... (quit bringing it up :D )

HighSchool Fan
11-22-2005, 12:31 PM
different T-E-A-M ;)

your right, but the 2002 team was probably better talent than the 2003 team. 2003 just had a better coach.

Keith7
11-22-2005, 12:32 PM
your right, but the 2002 team was probably better talent than the 2003 team.

Yea! i was on that 2002 team!!

HighSchool Fan
11-22-2005, 01:07 PM
Yea! i was on that 2002 team!!

and the coach of that team doesn't coach anymore. he wasted talent that year.