PDA

View Full Version : Home and home vs neutral site for playoff games...

Adidas410s
11-21-2005, 10:39 AM
So I have noticed that it looks like a few teams lost a coin flip this week and have a good trip ahead of them. I am thinking of EP Franklin and A&M Consol having to travel to Texas Stadium to play Metroplex schools and Stephenville going to Lubbock to play Plainview. Is it that big of an advantage to a school to try for a home/home situation this late in the playoffs? I could understand why El Paso schools would want a Metroplex team to have to come out there...but for the other schools why not just pick a stadium in the middle...they are plenty to choose from.

zeus63
11-21-2005, 10:47 AM
I guess it would depend on game times and dates. Say you have a an early Saturday game. If the coaches flip home and home the winner of the toss gets to let their kids sleep a little longer. But, I think you are right. This late in the playoffs it doesn't really have an effect. If they are thinking this becasue they want more people in the stands, people are going to be there to support their teams anyways.

mwynn05
11-21-2005, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
So I have noticed that it looks like a few teams lost a coin flip this week and have a good trip ahead of them. I am thinking of EP Franklin and A&M Consol having to travel to Texas Stadium to play Metroplex schools and Stephenville going to Lubbock to play Plainview. Is it that big of an advantage to a school to try for a home/home situation this late in the playoffs? I could understand why El Paso schools would want a Metroplex team to have to come out there...but for the other schools why not just pick a stadium in the middle...they are plenty to choose from. You gotta remember though it's Texas Stadium a big draw to a lot of coaches and kids so they aren't worried about travel. When you're playing in Texas Stadium your fans will travel. As for EP Franklin and Trinity, I really hope Franklin just lost the coin toss and I hope they're flying ebcause there is no way you can play a football game after a 10 hour drive. Even if you leave a day or two early you will still be worn out from the trip.

Adidas410s
11-21-2005, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
You gotta remember though it's Texas Stadium a big draw to a lot of coaches and kids so they aren't worried about travel. When you're playing in Texas Stadium your fans will travel. As for EP Franklin and Trinity, I really hope Franklin just lost the coin toss and I hope they're flying ebcause there is no way you can play a football game after a 10 hour drive. Even if you leave a day or two early you will still be worn out from the trip.
What about Stephenville? Then again...they are playing at Jones which is a pretty big deal I guess.

gobbler grad
11-21-2005, 12:29 PM
Ingleside wanted to play Cuero in Refugio...:crazy: :eek: he said Victoria was not an option...:confused: ...Coach Reeve ask him where their fans were going to sit...hehehehehehe...you know Cuero will pack about 7,000 people...I heard we get the Home side in Seguin, but will wear our white jerseys...so Cuero fans, lets pack the house...:clap:

football4life
11-21-2005, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
What about Stephenville? Then again...they are playing at Jones which is a pretty big deal I guess.

I was kinda shocked when i saw they were playin there. I don't remember ever seeing many playoff games scheduled there at all, especially with all the new field turf everywhere compared to their astroturf.

Astrosdawg07
11-21-2005, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
Ingleside wanted to play Cuero in Refugio...:crazy: :eek: he said Victoria was not an option...:confused: ...Coach Reeve ask him where their fans were going to sit...hehehehehehe...you know Cuero will pack about 7,000 people...I heard we get the Home side in Seguin, but will wear our white jerseys...so Cuero fans, lets pack the house...:clap:

7,000:eek: