PDA

View Full Version : Bridge City vs Hutto

Paratrooper
11-21-2005, 12:02 AM
Hutto beating a very good marlin team 29-22 and Bridge City coming off a 23-0 win against Jasper who do you think takes this game.

My prediction

BRIDGE CITY 28
HUTTO 14

3ABirdMan
11-21-2005, 12:13 AM
I started puuting some stats together last night to compare, and haven't finished yet. What I've noticed so far:

- We are very comparable Offensively - first downs, yds per carry, points per game, etc.
- We have thrown a little better
- We WIN the kicking game!
- We LOSE the penalty game!

Defensively, I don't think they have a played a defense of our caliber yet. Their defense has given up more points per game than we have. I think that will be the difference.

This should be a very close, good game. From the posts I've read so far from Hutto fans - You sound like a classy bunch! We need to get together at some time while we're at Klein.

Good lick to the Hippo's (not too much, though:D!)

JasperDog94
11-21-2005, 12:15 AM
I really don't know much about the Hippos, but if they don't have speed and lots of it, the BC QB will eat them alive.

Get ready to hear "Blackshire in on the stop for a loss" quite often.:( :) :)

yoemenkracker30
11-21-2005, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by 3ABirdMan

Defensively, I don't think they have a played a defense of our caliber yet.[/i]

They DID play Cameron for the District Title, who didn't allow an offensive touchdown during the game, only 2 field goals when they started with the ball inside the Yoe 30

Astrosdawg07
11-21-2005, 12:25 AM
GO BC!!!

Paratrooper
11-21-2005, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by 3ABirdMan

Defensively, I don't think they have a played a defense of our caliber yet. [/i]

I think this will be the key also. The Hutto defense has pitched one shut out this year. Bridge City has had 4 shutouts. The Bridge City offense last week against Jasper had it's lowest turnout of the year as far as offensive points. That was the first time Bridge City has been held under 4 touchdowns. I think the BC defense is extremely strong and will hold Hutto to 14 points

Hutto, when playing .500 teams and over, their defense has given up
12, 17, 16, 22, 49

Bridge City when playing .500 teams and over, their defense has given up
00, 00, 00, 12, 20, 41,

CHS_CG
11-21-2005, 12:41 AM
GO HUTTO!

hutex04
11-21-2005, 12:51 AM
i think Bridge City should win this. Based on what i see, they have a great D. And enough offense to put some points on the board. It will be a relativly close game yet the winner will be in no doubt throughout the game. Bridge City 21
Hutto 7

Paratrooper
11-21-2005, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by hutex04
i think Bridge City should win this. Based on what i see, they have a great D. And enough offense to put some points on the board. It will be a relativly close game yet the winner will be in no doubt throughout the game. Bridge City 21
Hutto 7

I think it will be a close game also. I was a little shocked that someone from Hutto would actually pick BC over their team, but I do agree that Bridge City's defense should be the key here.

hutex04
11-21-2005, 01:22 AM
i guaranteed a hutto victory over marlin last week. Cant do that this week, I think it will be close but there will be no doubt about the outcome of the game. Not saying im routing for yall tho haha. I'll be routin for my hippos to pull it off. Good luck and safe travels

X Man
11-21-2005, 02:40 AM
I give Bridge City the edge. BC wins this one by 14pts.

3afan
11-21-2005, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by Paratrooper
.... a little shocked that someone from Hutto would actually pick BC over their team ...

well its about time we saw a non-homer pick - goodonya hutex04!

gigem55
11-21-2005, 07:33 AM
look at the .500 teams Hutto played and look at the .500 teams BC played I think hutto had a little tougher time.

spiveyrat
11-21-2005, 08:26 AM
Go BC! :clap:

Dogman_1969
11-21-2005, 08:38 AM
District 19-3A is the toughest in the state and I think Hutto will prevail. Don't be fooled into thinking that hey do not have any speed, or you'll find youself watching the Hippo QB or HB running down the field for a long TD.

Should be a great game but I think district19 wins again.

The herd rolls.............
(Yoeman-Hippo-Buffalo=herd)

ej2525
11-21-2005, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
GO HUTTO!

Shame on you!!! :mad: :mad:

Goldenstick
11-21-2005, 09:02 AM
This should be a good game. I don't remember seeing Hutto this deep in the region III playoffs in the past. Where is the game going to be played?

yoemenkracker30
11-21-2005, 09:44 AM
saturday 2 o'clock klein memorial stadium is what I've been hearing

ej2525
11-21-2005, 09:45 AM
That's a firmative Ghostrider!!

chaingang
11-21-2005, 10:24 AM
I cant believe im about to say this:doh:

Go BC:eek:
There I said it:cool:

Represent our district like you have been, as champions!!!!

Old Card, dont have a heart attack for the comment

bccards
11-21-2005, 11:25 AM
Bridge City is the visiting team this time.

j_dog
11-21-2005, 11:44 AM
For all the many good fans and posters of Bridge City, go, go, go!

Win state! :)

Old Tiger
11-21-2005, 11:45 AM
Go D19!!!

chaingang
11-21-2005, 11:45 AM
BC is fireing on all cylinders.

I say Hecker kicks a late fieldgoal to win it.

BC 24
Hutto 21

hookandladder
11-21-2005, 01:56 PM
District 19 AAA wins again, Hutto QB will be the difference. Hutto by 10.

CHS_CG
11-21-2005, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by ej2525
Shame on you!!! :mad: :mad:

sorry they are my district! GO D19

Old Cardinal
11-21-2005, 04:56 PM
BC wins this one with a superior team across the board.

Goldenstick
11-21-2005, 04:57 PM
Sound pretty confident OC!! I too think Bridge City should win but I don't know much about Hutto and their defense

ILS1
11-21-2005, 05:04 PM
Defensively, I don't think they have a played a defense of our caliber yet. Their defense has given up more points per game than we have. I think that will be the difference.

I haven't seen Bridge City play yet either. They sound like they are loaded with talent. The defense sounds awesome. But BC's last four games have come against opponents who's records were 3-6,10-0,7-3 & 7-3. They won 3 of the 4 games. Losing only to WO-S. While Hutto's last 4 opponents had records of 8-2,10-0,8-1 & 9-1. They also won 3 of 4. Losing to Cameron. I think Hutto has played stiffer competition in the past couple of weeks. No offense to Jasper,but I think they were down a little bit this year. Compared to their recent teams of the past couple of years. Hutto had a great game plan against Marlin. Trying to negate their speed superiority. Even their linemen could run!! They played keep away. What's the old saying "they can't score if they don't have the ball'. Hutto had their huge offensive line grind it out and wear down Marlin's D in the 4th Qtr. They controlled the clock all night. The Hippos defense has been playing lights out lately. Against Marlin it was more of a bend but don't break. QB Jeremy Kerley was at his best,healthy wise,all season against Marlin. I say look for more grind it out style against BC's speed and more passing (yes,they can pass) when they try to stack the line of scrimmage. All that being said,I think I'll take the Hippos in a close one. Good luck to both teams and stay healthy!!!

Hutto 21
BC 20

:D

RBARKER
11-21-2005, 05:19 PM
I couldn't tell ya one way or another who will win this game. I'm glad that two teams that were not highly ranked have showed the polsters. Congrats to BC and Hutto for making it this far. I'm going to cheer BC on however and hope they pull it out. Should be a good game.

Astrosdawg07
11-21-2005, 05:23 PM
The key for Hutto will be to stop #21, he killed us all night long. Hutto fans, if youd like i can give you a higlight real of what he did to Jasper.:D

bccards
11-21-2005, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
The key for Hutto will be to stop #21, he killed us all night long. Hutto fans, if youd like i can give you a higlight real of what he did to Jasper.:D

Do ya NOT want the team who beat you to go on and win out? Typically, when a team is beat out, they root for the team who BEAT them :D Come on now :cool: Just messin with ya! :)

hutex04
11-21-2005, 05:51 PM
give us link, we want to win

BIFF
11-21-2005, 07:05 PM
i guaranteed a hutto victory over marlin last week. Cant do that this week, I think it will be close but there will be no doubt about the outcome of the game. Not saying im routing for yall tho haha. I'll be routin for my hippos to pull it off. Good luck and safe travels

I'll say this once and once only. Hutex04, or should I say Glen, dont talk about football when you know nothing about it. You have never even seen BC play. All you are going off of is what you see on the boards and stats.
You guaranteeing a win against Marlin last week is luck. That game could have gone either way and was a close one. But you were too busy talking to Mandy at the concession stands rather than watching the game. All you do is sit at home on your computer hoping to make new friends in chat rooms. You never played ball, or any athletics at that, and have no understanding of the game.
I cant believe that someone from Hutto would outright do that. Our boys have busted their tail all year long and for a local to just say, "No they lose this one. . " is ridiculous.
Hutto has one of the toughest defenses in 3A and one of the quickest scoring offenses. Out of the scores that were listed in this post, 3 of those games were Giddings, Cameron, and Liberty Hill, all of which are in the 3rd round of playoffs still.
So anyone want to talk about how Hutto hasnt played any good caliber defenses better put up or shut up.
As for our good buddy Hutex, you suck as a fan, you sucked as a friend, and you defenitley suck at calling games. :mad:

BIFF
11-21-2005, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by yoemenkracker30
They DID play Cameron for the District Title, who didn't allow an offensive touchdown during the game, only 2 field goals when they started with the ball inside the Yoe 30

You can ask anyone from Cameron, our quarterback was hurt the entire game and could barely walk on his ankle, but he is MUCH better now. Just ask Marlin. . . . .

Modest Man
11-21-2005, 07:45 PM
Glen's a fire-starter

except with this fire glen you're running low. If you played back in highschool then maybe your sense of how this game will end up would be logical, and maybe we would "slightly" agree with it. However you didnt...in fact you were trouble-maker in Food and Sciences so seriously...shut the yap.

As for this weekend, all I gotta say is I want the rematch with Cameron and Hutto...that's a movie just waiting to be made.

shankbear
11-21-2005, 07:45 PM
Biff!!! Pow!!! Bang!!!! Zap!!!!! Holy Rat Poop Batman, he ripped Hutex04 a new one!!!!

X Man
11-21-2005, 07:48 PM
Bridge City WILL pull it through. I still predict a double digit win.

Modest Man
11-21-2005, 07:48 PM
But you were too busy talking to Mandy at the concession stands rather than watching the game.

and all i gotta say is that MANDY IS AWESOME

Paratrooper
11-21-2005, 07:49 PM
Looks like Hutto has dissention in the ranks:D

shankbear
11-21-2005, 07:52 PM
Is it a peeing match over MANDY???????? Or just football?

Modest Man
11-21-2005, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by shankbear
Is it a peeing match over MANDY???????? Or just football?

MANDY was AWESOME to meet in PERSON

that's all I gotta say about that. As for the peeing match you've confused me on...

but alas, MANDY has prevailed...and she should definitely return to this board...but some of you here were to yankee doodle about things...she was the will and the way...

shankbear
11-21-2005, 08:05 PM
Well, bring Mandy to the meet & greet. If she is THE WILL and THE WAY!!!!! Gotta meet her.

Modest Man
11-21-2005, 08:07 PM
lolz as if I'd actually meet anyone from this board.

come on now...be logical here, everyone knows Mandy is better than them.

she has no desire to meet them. They on the other hand desire to meet her...

they just dont know it yet ;)

shankbear
11-21-2005, 08:09 PM
Is she from that old song from the group called Golden Earring? Does she wear a braided chain, made of finest silver from the north of Spain...a locket, that bears the name of the man that Mandy loves?

Modest Man
11-21-2005, 08:15 PM
Is she from that old song from the group called Golden Earring? Does she wear a braided chain, made of finest silver from the north of Spain...a locket, that bears the name of the man that Mandy loves?

no, she's the one who broke Barry's heart.

AggiesAreWe
11-21-2005, 08:25 PM
Heard today that if Bridge City and Kirbyville win their games this week, they will play each other next week at Tiger Stadium in Silsbee. I heard this was pushed pretty hard by Coach Tarver, who just happens to be a Silsbee graduate. I am pulling for both teams ( actually just barely for Kirbyville, not too fond of them, but they are representing our district now ) so I can catch a playoff game right in my backyard. Go Big Red!!!

shankbear
11-21-2005, 08:25 PM
OK and the other one was BRANDI because of Barry

etbu
11-21-2005, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder

GOOD LUCK HUTTO:D :clap: :clap:

shankbear
11-21-2005, 08:32 PM
OK, I have talked myself into ever decreasing circles until I have gone right up my own butt. I will stop chasing this thread now and find my way back to the land of the War of the Worlds of Jody, RBARKER, WOfill in whomever you want from WOS and Cardinal Viejo.

hutex04
11-21-2005, 08:33 PM
A prediction is a prediction. Sorry if im not a homer. I think Hutto could win this game, but looking at Bridge City i see it as a very low scoring game. I support this team as much as anyone else. I went to Giddings to see that amazing game, and i have been defending our team on centexfootball all last week. So to call me a sellout is rediculous. I plan on going to Houston and routing for the hippos this weekend. I gave a prediction that I felt at the time. do i want it to happen? heck no. And meeting Mandy at the concession was great, she looks great and i wish her the best. As for the team i wish them well and safe travels. I hear a bunch of people will be taking buses down to see the game in houston.

Paratrooper
11-21-2005, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder

Bridge City has already gone against a great quarterback in Beasley of WOS. I don't see Hutto QB inflicting damage on us.

shankbear
11-21-2005, 08:41 PM
beasley did rip the cards you have to admit trooper

Paratrooper
11-21-2005, 08:46 PM
Yes, beasley is a great athlete. Never denying that one. I just don't think the QB from Hutto is in the same sentence as the guy. NOT EVEN CLOSE. The best thing about the WOS game was we got to really see a great QB, not a good one, but a great one. I think it has helped. You saw the dividends last week vs Jasper.

shankbear
11-21-2005, 08:49 PM
Truer words have never been spoken. Testing by fire tends to strengthen the troops. Beasley was a white hot burning fire and BC did learn and then applied that learning. The Cards are to be reckoned with.

Modest Man
11-21-2005, 08:53 PM
And meeting Mandy at the concession was great, she looks great and i wish her the best.

awww Glen, that was really nice....

gobbler grad
11-21-2005, 08:57 PM
Hutto is the Cinderella team...they're full of surprises...Hutto squeaks by...:thinking:

shankbear
11-21-2005, 08:59 PM
OK, I had to come back here.........did they just split up???? Get the promise ring back, eh? Deleted from the cell?

shankbear
11-21-2005, 09:00 PM
can a HIPPO squeak?

Modest Man
11-21-2005, 09:01 PM
OK, I had to come back here.........did they just split up???? Get the promise ring back, eh? Deleted from the cell?

*** are you talking about?

mandy rocks

shankbear
11-21-2005, 09:06 PM
MM, take a pill dude.........just trying to decypher the cryptic rants regarding the non-sports guy, you and Mandy.

caldwellguard62
11-21-2005, 09:18 PM
When and where is this game

shankbear
11-21-2005, 09:20 PM
Klein, Staurday at 2:00

hutex04
11-21-2005, 09:22 PM
you know nothing about the hutto quarterback. Go ahead and underestimate him. Maybe another upset by the hippos? I hear Bridge City has a small D? If that's the case, how do you expect to stop Hutto from running the power I on you?

Modest Man
11-21-2005, 09:23 PM
Klein, Staurday at 2:00

are you going?

and dude, Mandy gets banned when she admits which poster she is.

Modest Man
11-21-2005, 09:23 PM
you know nothing about the hutto quarterback. Go ahead and underestimate him. Maybe another upset by the hippos? I hear Bridge City has a small D? If that's the case, how do you expect to stop Hutto from running the power I on you?

NO DISSING HUTTOS D

THATS ALL I GOTTA SAY

caldwellguard62
11-21-2005, 09:24 PM
yea i might go

Modest Man
11-21-2005, 09:27 PM
cool I'll be there

as it seems meeting mandy is great

YBS
11-21-2005, 10:38 PM
BC's D might be small but they are more than effective. They kept our big backs from getting in the endzone and Jasper had some major size this year. Good luck to both teams.

Paratrooper
11-21-2005, 10:44 PM

Your comparing the Hutto quarterback to WOS's Beasley?.......please. BC has faced many good teams and have shutout 4 this year. 3 of them were over .500 ball clubs. Hutto has only had 1 shutout all year and not one team has shut down the Bridge City offense all year.

shankbear
11-21-2005, 10:48 PM
That giant Jasper line didn't contain BC last week. This is this week and the Hippos are in the way. Over 'em, around 'em, under 'em or through 'em, it doesn't matter. But the Hippos are still pretty potent on offense.

Paratrooper
11-21-2005, 10:51 PM
I think they will score, but I don't think they will hold Bridge City under 28 points in this game.

hutex04
11-21-2005, 11:46 PM
Hutto by 2tds, yall dont impress me

2futurecard'smom
11-21-2005, 11:53 PM
BC wins this one 21 to 14! GO BIG RED!

And who in the h*** is Mandy....................seems like a little hippo fight over her goin on here!

2futurecard'smom
11-21-2005, 11:55 PM
OMG MY SIG IS GONE........................WHAT IS UP WITH THAT?????

shankbear
11-21-2005, 11:55 PM
2futurecardsmom, it might not be too good to go there on the MANDY subject. Just take my word for it...it is all OK and no big deal at all.

2futurecard'smom
11-21-2005, 11:57 PM
Oh, okay. Mums the word on Mandy then!

Paratrooper
11-21-2005, 11:59 PM
Hutto by 2tds, yall dont impress me

We don't impress you with 4 shutouts and only 11.7 points given up per game.(ya'll give up 23.2 a game) Maybe we might impress you with that the lowest offense output was last week only scoring 23 points on a tough Jasper squad. Other than that Bridge City has not been held under 4 touchdowns all year. Bridge City will have quite a bit to impress you with.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2005, 11:59 PM
HUTTO 34 Bridge city 16 Hutto has played better teams than Bridge City and it will show ;)

shankbear
11-22-2005, 12:02 AM
Trooper, Coach Tarver and his assistants will have to have the guys as ready as they were for Jasper. That game and all the other games are in the past. Overlook one area of a team's game and you are hosed. Be totally prepared and you will prevail. Hutto brings size and strength to the table this week. Jasper was big but it sounds like the Hippos are bigger with more weapons. The game will be good.

X Man
11-22-2005, 12:06 AM
Paratrooper, I have said for years that Bridge City would do better in the play offs if Tarver would have scheduled better teams in their preseason games. Until WOS followed Bridge City down to 3A, they have not had much competition in 24-3A. Hutto may have seen some hard teams, but thay have not faced WOS explosive offense, like Bridge City has. And I fully agree with you, that it helped prepare Bridge City for the playoffs. I seriously believe, if BC continues to play at the same level they played WOS, they will win Div II state!

kepdawg
11-22-2005, 12:08 AM
BC 35
Hutto 24

hutex04
11-22-2005, 12:16 AM
you can go off defense all you want, but it also depends on the competition. But, Bridge City has the best defense the hippos will face. At least it looks that way satisticaly. Good luck to both teams and safe travels
BC will not score 35 points on Hutto D, no way! Look for it to be a game in the teens or 20s.

kepdawg
11-22-2005, 12:27 AM
BC will not score 35 points on Hutto D, no way! Look for it to be a game in the teens or 20s.

BC should put up more than Marlin's 22. Maybe they don't make it all the way to 35, but they'll be close!

hutex04
11-22-2005, 12:36 AM
nah, not 35, id say maybe as high as 28. But im thinking between 17-28pts

Paratrooper
11-22-2005, 08:17 AM
Bridge City has faced some very good defenses and put up some numbers. WOS has an extremely good defense and we put up 34. Jasper has a strong defense and we put up 23. Kirbyville who is still in we put up 40. Cleveland in round 1 we put up 42. Two of those games we had to play our starters the entire time and that was WOS and Jasper. Kville and Cleveland we were substituting in the 2nd half. I don't see where Hutto has played a tougher schedule at all. I think Jasper and WOS are much stronger competition than you have faced all year.

cardtilldeath
11-22-2005, 08:54 AM
It's always good to check out your opponent, and I did just that this past Saturday. I drove to Round Rock to scout the Marlin/Hutto game, and fully expected a Marlin rout. What I saw was a Hutto victory, and alot of determination on behalf of the Hippos. However, I wasn't that impressed with Marlin. I had heard how great Marlin was, and granted the QB and that wide receiver #12 is way above average, but that was all I saw. I know that one game doesn't make a season, this is just what I witnessed. Hutto surprised me the way they fought back after each Marlin score, and even answered the Marlin two point conversion with a two pointer of their own. With that said, I think BC wins by three TD's. I know this was only one game I saw Hutto play, but it just seems to me that they are one dimentional. I saw only one pass, and the QB pitched on the option once. This is from halfway in the second quarter to the end of the game. I was a little late. Long road trip you know.
I believe the defense can stop what I saw Saturday night, and if Hutto adjusts, and begins to expand the offense.....I believe BC can and will make those adjustments as well.
Let me conclude by saying I enjoyed the visit with the Hutto
Hippos. Great fans, so don't take this personal. I only saw one game vs 10 of BC's. You have a great program and one to be proud of.

IMO BC 35.............Hutto Hippos 14

But stranger things have happened. We shutout Jasper 23-0
and WO-S beat us!

Goldenstick
11-22-2005, 09:47 AM
This game won't be decided by who beat who, or who played the toughest schedule. Come playoff time anything can and will happen. It's all about matchups and coaching, finding what works and taking advantage of the other teams weakness. Turnovers can totally decide a game this time of year. I'm looking for a close game between these two. You don't get this far and not have a good defense or offense. Sounds like Hutto has got some size on them and haven't been blown out by anybody. Same can be said about BC! Both teams will be in this game until the end unless one of them totally gets out of their gameplan

BIFF
11-22-2005, 09:48 AM
TO all hippos
just stop talking
let them Believe in their team
because we have never faced a team like this right?
our qb is lesser than their qb right?
our defense could not possibly contain their offense right?
our offense has never ever ever----ever faced a d like theirs.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

BIFF
11-22-2005, 09:54 AM
Plus if you put Bridge city over marlin in the marlin post they look exactly the same.
it really is a fun game !

cardtilldeath
11-22-2005, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by BIFF
Plus if you put Bridge city over marlin in the marlin post they look exactly the same.
it really is a fun game !

No....look again Biffy. Marlin is purple and white, BC is red and white. Marlin's QB was number 7, ours is number 21. Marlin Bulldogs bark and hang close to the ground. BC Cardinals chirp and fly high. Marlin lost to Hutto, BC beats Hutto.

To many differences wouldn't you agree?

Ohhhhhhhh! You must be talking about running the spread! Sorry Biff, had a blonde moment.

yoemenkracker30
11-22-2005, 10:24 AM
i've seen hutto play and I know that they run alot of Power I......what kind of offense does bridge city run?....shotgun, wing t, multiple formations?

BIFF
11-22-2005, 10:34 AM
let me slow it down for you
if you put Bridge city = the name not the team
over marlin = the name not the team
in the marlin post = the ones last week before we beat them

======= the same results a bunch of homers like yourself that talk but unlike marlin when you lose (bridge city) you will probably pull the refs where paid off , the sun was too bright, the grass was to soft and green, we cheated by scoring more than you
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

cardtilldeath
11-22-2005, 10:44 AM
let me slow it down for you
if you put Bridge city = the name not the team
over marlin = the name not the team
in the marlin post = the ones last week before we beat them

======= the same results a bunch of homers like yourself that talk but unlike marlin when you lose (bridge city) you will probably pull the refs where paid off , the sun was too bright, the grass was to soft and green, we cheated by scoring more than you
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Seems to me that I need to slow it down for you! I gigged you twice and it went right over your head! Maybe it's a location thing. Hey, all gigging aside. I like Hutto. My daughter lives there. My son in law went to school there. I was at the game last week and enjoyed the people. I just love the punching back and forth in fun. It's all in fun. And I promise you.........IF the Hippo's win, I promise you will not hear any whinning from me. Good Luck Biffy, bring plenty of tea and crumpetts to the game. Another gig....see if you get it. HINT....it's a play on your username "Biff"

BIFF
11-22-2005, 10:46 AM
I get jokes
jeez dont get your red boxers in a wad
if this were serious people would need alot of therapy

BIFF
11-22-2005, 10:51 AM
its been fun jawin with ya
gotta go kill a turkey
and a goat = cabrito mmmmmhmmmm
see yall saturday

hutex04
11-22-2005, 11:54 AM
Why are all teams that are cardinals red and white? Has anyone else noticed that? Lets just see how the game plays out, but a 35-14 game is ridiculous. Dont choke on ur nachos if its only a 3 or 7pt game. Good luck and safe travles from all fans :)

cardtilldeath
11-22-2005, 12:15 PM
I get jokes
jeez dont get your red boxers in a wad
if this were serious people would need alot of therapy

Biff,

Let me paint a mental picture for you. I don't wear boxers, I'm a tighty whitey man. I guess now you want to have a met and greet at the game?

bye for now biffy boy

LET'S PLAY SOME FOOTBALL

yoemenkracker30
11-22-2005, 12:47 PM
i've seen hutto play and I know that they run alot of Power I......what kind of offense does bridge city run?....shotgun, wing t, multiple formations?

cardtilldeath
11-22-2005, 01:07 PM

BC runs the spread. the "I", run the option, plus a little variations of each.

cardtilldeath
11-22-2005, 01:11 PM
Why are all teams that are cardinals red and white? Has anyone else noticed that? Lets just see how the game plays out, but a 35-14 game is ridiculous. Dont choke on ur nachos if its only a 3 or 7pt game. Good luck and safe travles from all fans :)

Ever see a blue, maroon, black, orange, or purple cardinal? NO!
But I must say.....I've never seen a burnt orange Hippo either! That is until last Saturday. Oh.....and we do cajun food....not that we don't like nachos. You must be thinking west texas. We are on the south east side of the state, right on the Louisiana border!

Old Cardinal
11-22-2005, 01:26 PM
We actually live in "Lapland"--where Louisiana laps over into Texas! I thought the Hippo colors were neat--something between Carmel and Butterscotch, plus white. The cowgirls outfits are real cute on your drill team. I hope you enjoy our Strutters at halftime--we are quite proud of them. Also, get a load of our drum section--for 3A they do a great job.
You will be playing a bunch of Cajun boys. We feed they a lot of crabs, shrimp and crawfish. Not too much crawfish before game time or they may have a tendency to backup too much during the fight.LOL

Tell us how you became the Hippos? A great and unique team name.

3afan
11-22-2005, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal

Tell us how you became the Hippos? A great and unique team name.

scroll down & the story is told :: http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37956&highlight=circus

ej2525
11-22-2005, 02:03 PM
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34844&highlight=hutto+hippos

Modest Man
11-22-2005, 02:26 PM
BIFF

ARE YOU

READY

FOR SOME FOOTBALL?!?!?!

I suggest the turkey this year be dressed up as a football.

BIFF
11-22-2005, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by cardtilldeath
Ever see a blue, maroon, black, orange, or purple cardinal? NO!
But I must say.....I've never seen a burnt orange Hippo either! That is until last Saturday. Oh.....and we do cajun food....not that we don't like nachos. You must be thinking west texas. We are on the south east side of the state, right on the Louisiana border!

Hippos bleed orange look it up
its called blood sweat
its not blood or sweat but they (sucreet?) this stuff for their own personal tanning lotion
ends up it turns them burnt orange for males and pinkish for females
hippopotamos= means water horse

bring some boudin and cracklins!

Old Cardinal
11-22-2005, 05:44 PM
Thanks 3afan and EJ 2525, E., is your family coming over to the Hippo vs Cardinal game?

cardtilldeath
11-22-2005, 05:48 PM
Hippos bleed orange look it up
its called blood sweat
its not blood or sweat but they (sucreet?) this stuff for their own personal tanning lotion
ends up it turns them burnt orange for males and pinkish for females
hippopotamos= means water horse

bring some boudin and cracklins!

Sorry Biffola, I didn't know. Thanks for the lesson. I must have missed that episode of wild kingdom. If your telling the truth, that's pretty neat. Nothing special about Cardinals though. The male is a dengy brown while the female is a real pretty bright red. They just fly around on the wind, buzzing the twitching ears of unsuspected Hippos causing them to secreet all of their tanning lotion out of frustation, and they burn and shrink up into what we in East Texas call Armadillos. Then they are run over by cars.

Be careful what you ask for. I will bring you some boudin and cracklins if you want them.:p

X Man
11-22-2005, 08:44 PM
Bridge City's Defense is almost as tough as WOS;) , But I think yall are also forgetting that BC has a fantastic FG kicker, that can make a BIG difference!:eek:

ej2525
11-22-2005, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
Thanks 3afan and EJ 2525, E., is your family coming over to the Hippo vs Cardinal game?

No family... I think it will just be myself. This will be the first game I have been able to make this season. Has anyone suggested a gathering point or time yet?

Paratrooper
11-22-2005, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by X Man
Bridge City's Defense is almost as tough as WOS;) , But I think yall are also forgetting that BC has a fantastic FG kicker, that can make a BIG difference!:eek:

X-man they are about to find out this weekend why WOS and BC are rated like they are.

shankbear
11-23-2005, 12:24 AM
cardtilldeath, the MALE cardinal is the bright one.

BIFF
11-23-2005, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by cardtilldeath
Sorry Biffola, I didn't know. Thanks for the lesson. I must have missed that episode of wild kingdom. If your telling the truth, that's pretty neat. Nothing special about Cardinals though. The male is a dengy brown while the female is a real pretty bright red. They just fly around on the wind, buzzing the twitching ears of unsuspected Hippos causing them to secreet all of their tanning lotion out of frustation, and they burn and shrink up into what we in East Texas call Armadillos. Then they are run over by cars.

Be careful what you ask for. I will bring you some boudin and cracklins if you want them.:p

for fact birds like the cardinal often help hippos by eating the parasites off of their butts
and one particular hippo has already been hit by a car this year two days before he played in the hendrickson scrimmage

3afan
11-23-2005, 07:24 AM
for fact birds like the cardinal often help hippos by eating the parasites off of their butts

from http://encarta.msn.com/ ::

- Cardinal (bird), common name for several crested finches found in North, Central, and South America

- Hippopotamus, African mammal that lives partly in water and partly on land.

SO, your fact has a slight snag unless those cardinals will fly a long way for some snacks ....

but it was kinda funny anyways ....

bccards
11-23-2005, 08:08 AM
May want to bring your umbrella on Saturday, the weather forecast doesn't look good! This is the forecast for Spring, TX

From NWS:

Saturday: Showers and thunderstorms likely. Cloudy, with a high around 71. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Saturday Night: Showers and thunderstorms likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 58. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

hutex04
11-23-2005, 11:10 AM
bccards, thanks for the tip, i forgot to even look at the forcast.

Old Cardinal
11-23-2005, 12:21 PM
I always thought that in all bird species the males were the flashy ones and the females were the drab ones?

hutex04
11-23-2005, 12:34 PM
One time i was at the zoo and i saw a hippo, and a red bird on top of the hippo. Well the hippo did a 180 into the water and the bird got crushed and died. Bird did not see it coming :(

3afan
11-23-2005, 12:36 PM
Hippo was named 'Chuck', obviously ....

Goldenstick
11-23-2005, 03:40 PM
Any truth to the rumor that BC's star QB was involved in a car wreck and will not play? This could be huge if it's true

hutex04
11-23-2005, 03:46 PM
i hope thats not true, that would be horrible

bccards
11-23-2005, 03:48 PM
It is, unfortunately, true

Goldenstick
11-23-2005, 03:58 PM
Man, that's a big blow!! I'm sure that takes a lot away from BC's gameplan. He's a really good player and it's gonna be tough for him to watch this game from the sidelines

Paratrooper
11-23-2005, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Goldenstick
Man, that's a big blow!! I'm sure that takes a lot away from BC's gameplan. He's a really good player and it's gonna be tough for him to watch this game from the sidelines

Yes, this is a HUGE blow to BC. I see this now as a very even game. This changes a lot of the dynamics. I know Coach Tarver will have them ready, but it is going to be really hard task. Hopefully the back up QB Stringer will step forward, but Dishon is the type of kid you just don't replace.

ALLSPORTSGUY
11-23-2005, 06:01 PM
I have watched #8 at QB and he has great potential. I feel as though BC will be just fine. He wouldn't be the next inline if there was someone better on the sideline. He is pretty darn quick as well. Bottom line I do not feel this spells gloom and doom for our Cardinals.

Paratrooper
11-23-2005, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by ALLSPORTSGUY
I have watched #8 at QB and he has great potential. I feel as though BC will be just fine.

Potential is good if we are playing teams that are 3-7 or 2-8, but when your playing 8-2 and beyond every little thing counts. Like I say it's not an impossible task because we still have our great defense, but it does make it much tougher to pull the W