PDA

View Full Version : Where are the Liberty smack talkers??

trojandad
07-31-2003, 10:12 AM
I was reading the other night and didn't see many "crunk"s and other slangs and realized why.........the Liberty boys havn't weighed in. You guys need to quit eatin your ice cream and chocolate cake and get back in the downlow room and talk soem smack. (Think that'll work 'em up??) It's only a few weeks until our dance. Matthew says you guys are gonna work us over, I wanna see what we're up against. :cool:

Actually just wanted to see how many of last year's Liberty onliners were still in school and how many moved on. Hope you guys are okay. Chime in.

old dragon
07-31-2003, 11:22 AM
Hey Trojandad, I am not a Liberty smack talker to start with, but I wanted to talk to you about your team and school.I will probably visit some games this year.My Daughter will be starting her teaching career in Coldsprings this August.I am an avid Texas high school football fan who love the Gilmer Buckeyes first but follow East Texas next and anyone playing in the playoffs last.I hope to get that playoff run with the buckeyes this season because they are expected to do good. I read where Coldsprings is expected to do good also.LOL It would be great to meet down the road of success with Gilmer and Coldsprings playing a playoff game.I will be posting all year so please talk back.Looking forward to a great year for both squads.

trojandad
07-31-2003, 04:15 PM
Sounds like a plan to me, Dragon. A few of us were talking today about not knowing anything about the Gilmer team, so that would be great to get together and learn more about that team.

I know I'm biased but we've always had athletes to beat the band here. I mention 4.2's being run here and I get bashed for it but it's true. We had the state champ high jumper this year at 7' and he hasn't had a day of serious track coaching in his life. He'll be jumping 7'6" next year at UH.

Get your daughter to put you in touch with the local booster club president, that would be me (big surprise, huh?) We'll save a good seat for ya, share tailgate parties once the playoffs start (we have the best district support when any team makes the playoffs here, I razz the Liberty and Barbers Hill guys on here but let there be a playoff game with any of us and we all drive to support).

As for this year, I think everyone that would say anything contrary about our team would speak to weak line play, which is a legitimate concern. When we went to state in 92 and semis in 96 we had a strong line coach for a head coach. Our head coach this year is a former all american lineman who preaches line play first. We have a linebacker and wide receiver that Campbell listed in the top 300 and that isn't including a 4 yr tailback who ran for 1,100 yrds last yr on 7 carries per game. Matthew on here isn't picking us to make the playoffs but he's underestimated us each of the last two years so I think he's missed it this year, too.

Please give us a little notice on your trip down and we'd enjoy meeting up with you, and maybe getting you to show us around on a Gilmer game on our off week (Sept 12). Look forward to hearin from ya. Don't blink coming thru town or you'll miss us. :rolleyes:

LP57
08-02-2003, 03:48 PM
hey trojandad those liberty smack talkers you refer to were just that, smacktalkers. they were a part of our team but they never really played much they just liked to get on here and get ppl fired up but i do play im a returnin offense starter this yr on the ol and we really dont need to talk much smack, were just ready get on the field and prove to everyone last year was not a mistake

trojandad
08-02-2003, 04:19 PM
Hey LP57, good to hear from you, bud. Those guys last year were harmless, we enjoyed tradin barbs with them. You guys have some big shoes to fill this year, graduating your center and all.

You're definitely playin in the strong place on your team, it's pretty obvious to everyone that has played you guys that your line is the tough spot on your team. Even the guys last year admitted that they were "3 yards and a cloud of dust" team, and that doesn't happen without a strong line and you guys sure dish out some bruises on the line, as Bellville found out last year.

Look forward to having you guys here this year, since we've been on your turf the last two seasons in a row. Work hard and good luck to ya, except on Oct 10. LOL

LP57
08-02-2003, 04:27 PM
thanx for all of the compliments. we appreciate it. yes we did have a big loss with our center but we have another tuff one. he was our strong guard last yr but he already has the experience. hes a true center but hes only a jr. he wont equal john but hes a good guy and i cant wait to come to yalls house. haha we owe you one from last yr.

LP57
08-02-2003, 05:02 PM
how are you guys shapin up trojandad

trojandad
08-02-2003, 05:14 PM
LP57, we got a new coach that has brought a lot of healing to the guys along with a real knowledge of line play. Everyone knows our line play was the weakest part of our game the last two years but a lot of that was because of not having the best athletes on the field. Our new coach is from a 1A school so he's cool with guys going both ways and bein in shape to do so.

We have a senior running back runnin 4.2's with a 225 lb fullback running 4.3. The running back is wanted by Oklahoma, Ohio State and many others so I think he's legit. He carried the ball 7 times a game for 1,100 yards last year. If he carries 20+ times a year this year in an I formation, you do the math.

We could sure use some depth for injuries, but who couldn't? If the line play comes around like Coach Lymas believes, I'd stack out first group against anyone. I definitely believe it's enough to handle Cleveland and Splendora, which would put us in the playoffs, for sure.

How are you guys stackin up? I know your line and linebackers will be men again, but I didn't see anyone on JV I thought could give you guys speed in the backfield.

LP57
08-02-2003, 05:23 PM
well i think we will actually be better this yr. the team from last yr had no chemistry really and i believe thats why we didnt do as well as we could have i think our d will be a lot meaner this yr and our o should be just as good besides the loss of our center. you're right we didnt have a great underclass but we had just enough to fill in some key spots but i think we should stack up well against everyone and our only comp. should be you guys clev. and the hill

RBARKER
08-03-2003, 03:47 PM
LP57 welcome to the board. I have been promoting Liberty on here quit a bit. I believe that you guys have a legit shot at taking 22-3A this year, of course you got to get past my Eagles and the Trojans first.We will play at your house this year and I'm expecting a great game. Goodluck to the Panthers seya in Liberty.

Old Cardinal
08-03-2003, 07:28 PM
I really think that Liberty will have a very good, one shot deal....This is that, once-every-ten years great team, that Liberty puts together. They will be tough and can upset some good teams, if they can stay focused.