PDA

View Full Version : post on d madison/ mt.vernon. very interesting

lostaussie
11-20-2005, 08:39 PM
this is a post from smoaky.com. i was not at the game, so i did not see it. how are everyone else's feelings about this? does it matter? to me it is tasteless, but i don't have a horse in the race.

Dallas Madison is a classless Team

First off I would like to get out in the open that this is not an excuse for a loss. MV lost the ball game tonight 39-17 however the situation is:::::

Dallas madison is up 32-17 with 16 seconds to go in the game. MV has zero time outs madison has one time out. Madison throws deep catches the ball on the one yard line calls time out with 2 seconds to go and runs the ball in for a score rather than takin aknee and going home. To me that shows a very classless football program and maybe even school MV had the score in the begining of the 4th 17 - 18 and was playing very well. Madison scored and went up 25-17 then 32 - 17 and then the last classless series. MV just didnt have the deph and was way to tired to keep up in the 4th. KOODOS to MV for showing a bit of class and playing a very great ball game. I hope tatum beats the ..... well you know what out of Madison. They are not as good as they are billed to be.

Gobbler Fan
11-20-2005, 08:42 PM
If your going to post then post the rest of the thread -----It was something that happened earlier in the game that had the OC for Madison trying to score on that series. From what I read it is all explained by both sides of course it's all homer post's so it depends on how you see it ........I tend to believe something happened during the game that did not make the DM coaches very happy .

lostaussie
11-20-2005, 08:50 PM
for gobbler fan, another post from the thread. i was not trying to ruffle feathers, just didn't agree with what went down. here is the other post.

I was told about this thread by a Gilmer fan yesterday on another message board and I think some of the stuff you've said needs to be cleared up. While I agree that there was no need for the Trojans to put that last TD on the board, it didn't happen exactly as you have said.

This deep pass you have spoke about NEVER happened. Madison had a 3rd and 16 on the Mt. Vernon 26. There was still just under 2 minutes to go in the game when they threw a 10 yard route to #21 Peter King and he ran for the rest of the yardage needed after the catch to get the 1st and effectively end the game with the 1st down. While I would've just gone to the kneel down, Madison's OC chose not to and I don't agree with what he did. However they DID NOT call a timeout with 2 seconds left to score that final TD. Wallace ran the guys up to the line and then ran a QB sneak that left 1 second on the clock at the end of the play. Again I didn't see any need for that play to be run, but then again I don't really too much care for the OC at Madison and what he does offensively.

I have said on another message board that had I been the head coach of Mt. Vernon I probably would've ran across the field at that point and gotten in his face about that. After the kickoff following the TD, their coach did just that and made his feelings known with a few profanities which is understandable. A guy that I played football with in college who is an assistant now for the Trojans did explain a bit yesterday about why that final QB sneak ever happened. Even after the explanation was given to me, I still don't agree with the decision to put the last TD on the board, but I there was apparently something that Madison's OC was not happy about that happened over the course of the game. I think the better way to have dealt with the situation would have been to have said something to the coach afterwards, but unfortunately he chose not to take that route.

Calling an entire team classless for the actions of one person is uncalled for. I know those coaches and players and they've got a lot of class guys in their program. Madison had a grand total of ONE unsportsmanlike conduct penalty in the game. They have NOT had one single player ejected from a game this season. They've got a pretty good guy for a head coach in Ronald Johnson and their defensive coordinator, Marcus Gates, is a class individual who is doing remarkable things at his alma mater and has put together a pretty good defense this year. I think you'd be best served to actually know who you're talking about before you start throwing around labels on people you don't know.

lostaussie
11-20-2005, 08:53 PM
bottom line is, your kids reflect your coaches. if your coaches don't care, then your kids won't care. just my opinion.

NateDawg39
11-20-2005, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
bottom line is, your kids reflect your coaches. if your coaches don't care, then your kids won't care. just my opinion. not always true.

Astrosdawg07
11-20-2005, 09:19 PM
It was a classless act no matter what.

lostaussie
11-20-2005, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
It was a classless act no matter what. agreed. win with humility. lose with dignity.

Rabbit'93
11-20-2005, 10:54 PM
if they could've kept madison out of the end zone in the first place this wouldn't even be an issue.:rolleyes:

as far as losing with dignity...that's what most people have a problem with. Too many excuses...