PDA

View Full Version : Monahans playing in Sweetwater?? LOL

LewP
11-20-2005, 07:58 PM
I don't mean to sound like a smart alek, but isn't it going to be fun seeing Monahans in Mustang Bowl? I think this should be a great game between Monahans and Bridgeport. I live not too very far from Bridgeport and know a little about them. Talk about no respect? Bridgeport has a pretty good offense. Do they have more offense than Monahans? I don't know.

Here's what I do know though. They will come to town and play, bet on that.

loboes86
11-20-2005, 08:25 PM
Hey Lew is Bridgeport and Decatur the same place? Cause if not we're playing Bridgeport in Sweetwater not Decatur.:confused:

lobo12
11-20-2005, 08:25 PM
monahans is playing bridgeport

smustangs
11-20-2005, 08:28 PM
no respect or not gainsville pretty much put and end to any thoughts of decatur doing anything

lostaussie
11-20-2005, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by LewP
I don't mean to sound like a smart alek, but isn't it going to be fun seeing Monahans in Mustang Bowl? well you did........

Bullaholic
11-20-2005, 08:30 PM
I don't mean to sound like a smart alek, but isn't it going to be fun seeing Monahans in Mustang Bowl? I think this should be a great game between Monahans and Decatur. I live not too very far from Decatur and know a little about them. Talk about no respect? Decatur has a pretty good offense. Do they have more offense than Monahans? I don't know.

I think you may have made an "honest" mistake, LewP----It's the Bridgeport Bulls who are playing Monahans in the Mustang Bowl on Sat. night, and yes, the Bulls have established themselves as being very "offensive" to the tune of 452 avg. yds/game. They will come to play on every down, also.

GreenMonster
11-20-2005, 08:32 PM
I don't mean to sound like a smart alek, but isn't it going to be fun seeing Monahans in Mustang Bowl? I think this should be a great game between Monahans and Decatur. I live not too very far from Decatur and know a little about them. Talk about no respect? Decatur has a pretty good offense. Do they have more offense than Monahans? I don't know.

Lew, Decatur got destroyed by Gainesville Friday night in the Big School division. Their offense didn't look too good in that shutout. Bridgeport, however, now that's a team to be reckoned with!

LewP
11-20-2005, 08:33 PM
Bullaholic..
You are very correct...I made a terrible mistake. I meant Bridgeport...sorry.

Ranger Mom
11-20-2005, 08:34 PM
Bullaholic..

LOL!! Happens to the best of us!!:p

Bullaholic
11-20-2005, 08:41 PM
Bullaholic..

No prob, LewP, I never make a mistake so I don't know how you feel...:D

LewP
11-20-2005, 08:47 PM
I was thinking about Bridgeport and typed Decatur..LOLOL

Anyways...the thing I like about Bridgeport is they absolutely have no fear. How can I say that?
Because they don't care if they give up a few points.

They don't get scared, they don't get mad...they just buckle their chinstraps up and go score again...

I bet this is going to be a great game to watch...seriously...I'm thinking there could be some very surprised folks after this game is over in Sweetwater. Good luck!

Bullaholic
11-20-2005, 08:52 PM
I was thinking about Bridgeport and typed Decatur..LOLOL

Anyways...the thing I like about Bridgeport is they absolutely have no fear. How can I say that?
Because they don't care if they give up a few points.

They don't get scared, they don't get mad...they just buckle their chinstraps up and go score again...

I bet this is going to be a great game to watch...seriously...I'm thinking there could be some very surprised folks after this game is over in Sweetwater. Good luck!

Thanks for the good wishes, LewP---I think it's going to be an entertaining game, also. I hope a lot of people who have never seen the Bulls play will have the opportunity, and I hope they don't disappoint them.

LewP
11-20-2005, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
well you did........

What's that noise? Is that a lost Aussie???
Is lost Aussie mad cause Gilmer got defeated????

Guess there is no reason to be here then Aussie. Good luck airing those basketballs up..

Wtx_coach
11-20-2005, 09:27 PM
the loboes will control the clock and give bridgeport a heavy dose of sam graves and other backs that have not been seen, the defense will have to come up with some stops, i think they will, and the loboes will walk away with a big win

LewP
11-20-2005, 09:47 PM
That could very well be the case Coach,

But I'm figuring the Loboes will feel like they were at a track meet after that game. Good luck.

NateDawg39
11-20-2005, 09:50 PM
Dont count Bridgeport out just yet. Colin Jones and Ryan Durban will carry the Bulls to a lot of scoring drives. Unless Monahans has some tricks up there sleeves then the D is gonna be in for a hard faught night. I bet its gonna be another big score game.

westtxfballfan
11-20-2005, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
Dont count Bridgeport out just yet. Colin Jones and Ryan Durban will carry the Bulls to a lot of scoring drives. Unless Monahans has some tricks up there sleeves then the D is gonna be in for a hard faught night. I bet its gonna be another big score game.

Too early in the week to predict a score, but it's nice to see some Bridgeport promoters this early on. Without knowing what Bridgeport has on defense, I won't throw down the first Monahans win prediction score.

....Ah, what the heck. While I respect any team that has made it through 2 rounds of the playoffs, 5 teams beat 'em. ..And the Loboes haven't scored less than 28 all year and impressed the Perryton Radio dudes:
Monahans 35, Bridgeport 20.

I Bleed Red08
11-20-2005, 10:06 PM
man im gonna turn this into a football weekend
Thursday --- thanksgiving --- play some family football
Friday --- still out of school --- watch some Sweetwater Mustang football
Saturday --- Eat Brisquet --- Watch some Loboe football

Bullaholic
11-20-2005, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by westtxfballfan
Too early in the week to predict a score, but it's nice to see some Bridgeport promoters this early on. Without knowing what Bridgeport has on defense, I won't through down the first Monahans win prediction score.

....Ah, what the heck. While I respect any team that has made it through 2 rounds of the playoffs, 5 teams beat 'em. Monahans 35, Bridgeport 20.

You are correct, westtxfbf, we were a 5-5 team going into the playoffs. However, we lost to some pretty good teams, and some just barely:

Burkburnett-Respectable 4A team
Mineral Wells- Lost to Stephenville in Rd2
Decatur- Lost to Gainesville in D1, Rd2
Argyle- In Rd 3 of 2A playoffs
Kennedale- In Rd 3 of D2 playoffs

In 2001(past history), when the Bulls went to the D2 semis they were also 5-5 going in.

sWaterislife
11-20-2005, 10:24 PM
whoa didnt know they were playing here.. excellent.. im not ableto travel again this week so i'll be attending thisgame for sure.. sweetwter win or lose... Bridgeport colors are maroon right or what ... let me know.. thanks..

slpybear the bullfan
11-21-2005, 01:15 AM
If Bridgeport scores 20 or less I would be shocked. That would be a bad night for this team.

Some earlier comments regarded the Bulls not being afraid to have the other team hang points on 'em... Very true. A ball control offense can keep the O off the field. But an O that has very big play potential can be an effective equalizer to that strategy.

Can't wait for the game and hope to see a Bulls victory!

slpybear the bullfan
11-21-2005, 01:16 AM
..and yes, for the poster who asked... Bridgeport is Maroon and White.