PDA

View Full Version : For the teams "out" and the teams "in" please share your teams' next year projec

Old Cardinal
11-20-2005, 07:51 PM
The Bridge City Cardinals may have the best year ever in quite a while-- next year.
Boistered by a strong District undefeated JV; couple with returning backs(starters) Jeff Fisette & John Dishon, they seem prime. Ernesto Rodriquez plays some in the backfield. Cody Mills is a great Tailback coming up from the JV and will be a Junior and possibly a scholarship receipent the following year.
Defensive star David Blackshear will be scholarship material as a Senior--he lead the attack on Jaspers offense last Friday and he can run with the ball also. Troy Bolton covers swift pass receivers now and can only get better.

I took the liberty to add ten pounds to our other offensive and defensive players and here is what I discovered for next year--Clifton Derouen 305#(he starts now), Justin Norman 190#, Brook Talley 225#, Logan Steart 177#, Ben Heinze,225#, Chase Ledger 145#, B.J. James 165, Carl Carlton 190# That leaves Sophomore starter this year Patrick Carlton as a Junior next season at 190#. These are all players with a lot of experience this season.
Now the ace-in-the-hole will be Luqui Estrata and Carl Carlton as PAT and field goal kickers-both are outstanding backups for ace A. J. Hecker this season.
Another asset is the return of Jeff Stringer( now backup QB) as a Senior next season: the most accurate punter that I know of playing HS ball this season.
BC is gearing up to be potent next season also.
Please share in detail about your teams personnel and prospects for next season?

Jody
11-20-2005, 07:56 PM
Old Cardinal,

If the frito pie is as good in 4-A as was in 3-A, add 10 lbs to me as well. :D

Originally posted by Old Cardinal
The Bridge City Cardinals may have the best year ever in quite a while-- next year.
Boistered by a strong District undefeated JV; couple with returning backs(starters) Jeff Fisette & John Dishon, they seem prime. Ernesto Rodriquez plays some in the backfield. Cody Mills is a great Tailback coming up from the JV and will be a Junior and possibly a scholarship receipent the following year.
Defensive star David Blackshear will be scholarship material as a Senior--he lead the attack on Jaspers offense last Friday and he can run with the ball also. Troy Bolton covers swift pass receivers now and can only get better.

I took the liberty to add ten pounds to our other offensive and defensive players and here is what I discovered for next year--Clifton Derouen 305#(he starts now), Justin Norman 190#, Brook Talley 225#, Logan Steart 177#, Ben Heinze,225#, Chase Ledger 145#, B.J. James 165, Carl Carlton 190# That leaves Sophomore starter this year Patrick Carlton as a Junior next season at 190#. These are all prayers with a lot of experience this season.
Now the ace-in-the-hole will be Luqui Estrata and Carl Carlton as PAT and field goal kickers-both are outstanding backups for ace A. J. Hecker this season.
Another asset is the return of Jeff Stringer as a Senior next season: the most accurate punter that I know of playing HS ball this season.
BC is gearing up to be potent next season also.
Please share in detail about your teams personnel and prospects for next season?

Old Cardinal
11-20-2005, 08:00 PM
Jody, I is really good to have great friends over at BH and we all wish you well in 4A next season. maybe we can see you at some Softball, Baseball or other spring events this year.

lostaussie
11-20-2005, 09:05 PM
the gilmer buckeyes have gone 13-1, 16-0, and 10-2 in the last three seasons. that is something that our town is very proud of. that being said, last years championship was a suprise. the 2006 edition of the buckeyes is a team that these coaches have been eyeing for several years. the buckeyes will return 19 starters, yes i did not stutter, 19 starters from this years team. it is a while off, but we will be back with a vengence next year.

Astrosdawg07
11-20-2005, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
the gilmer buckeyes have gone 13-1, 16-0, and 10-2 in the last three seasons. that is something that our town is very proud of. that being said, last years championship was a suprise. the 2006 edition of the buckeyes is a team that these coaches have been eyeing for several years. the buckeyes will return 19 starters, yes i did not stutter, 19 starters from this years team. it is a while off, but we will be back with a vengence next year.

I hope we meet you @ state.

lostaussie
11-20-2005, 09:12 PM
heck, i wanted to meet again this year. what happened to us?

NateDawg39
11-20-2005, 09:17 PM
Decatur should return around 10 starters this coming year. We have gone from 5-5, 12-1, 10-2 and back to 12-1 only to drop to 8-4...not what was expected but its been the best change in Decatur since the early 80's. I was told that the 2006 season is expected to field a better team than our 2004 team. They have a lot to live up to around here but I think we will be contenders for a few more years.

sinton66
11-20-2005, 09:18 PM
same thing that happened to us, only later.;)

maroogreen
11-20-2005, 09:39 PM
This year, Cuero's freshman, JV, and varsity teams were all undefeated in regular season play. Of course, our varsity is still playing. Next year's returning starters include our quarterback (2000+ yards passing so far this year, averages 400 yards total offense per game), our leading rusher, and our leading receiver, our punt returner, our defensive end--currently the second fastest man in the state (behind one of our seniors), etc. We will have to replace much of our offensive line, but other than that, I don't foresee many holes to fill. Sorry, I don't have a roster sitting in front of me, but I think that sums it up.

So we should have a good year next year. :D

#1Eaglefan
11-20-2005, 09:53 PM
I think the next 3 years are going to be spectacular for Decatur. We will have a ton of returners next year, as well as a great group of JV move ups. Let's put it this way. We've played Gainesville and Abilene Wylie the last 3 years. Great games, no matter who won. I was told that neither Gainesville or Wylie will play us next year because of what we'll have, and what they won't. Just what I heard. Congrats to Gainesville for a butt whooping we won't soon forget. It's hard for me to pick who will win next week, but my guts tells me Gainesville kids wear another ring this year.

BrahmaDAD70
11-20-2005, 09:54 PM
Bellville had a very young team this year with only 19 seniors
and 31 underclassman. Bellville has won 5 straight district
championships in a row and the best is yet to come.
Bellville plays a very tough non district schedule every
year and the wins dont come easy plus rivals like Sealy,
Navasota and Rice keep us on our toes.
All sub-varsity teams continue to roll and the next 4 years look very promising. State semi finals good possibility and maybe
a championship. The talent will be there
but like a puzzle will it all have to come together.
FUTURE at Bellville looks very bright.
2006 Bellville Brahmas 9-1

big daddy russ
11-20-2005, 11:42 PM
Ingleside only has five seniors on the team. I think we return 18 starters, but 99IHStang would have to be the one to verify it.

We'll field a deeper team than we've had in years and should be pretty tough.

Astrosdawg07
11-21-2005, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
heck, i wanted to meet again this year. what happened to us?

We ran into two realy good teams. But hey they deserved it.

99IHSMustang
11-21-2005, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Ingleside only has five seniors on the team. I think we return 18 starters, but 99IHStang would have to be the one to verify it.

We'll field a deeper team than we've had in years and should be pretty tough.

Ingleside has 6 seniors, according to there roster. Out of those 6, I think 2 are starters. So, Ingleside is pretty much returning the same starters next year on top of some talented JV players that went 9-1?????.. I think... lol. Fish's Mom or Big_Stew could be the ones to confirm that.

HighSchool Fan
11-21-2005, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by #1Eaglefan
I was told that neither Gainesville or Wylie will play us next year because of what we'll have, and what they won't.

go ahead and think that if it makes you feel better about your team.

3afan
11-21-2005, 08:21 AM
Gainesville or Wylie skeered of Decatur? uuuhhhmmm, OK .... :p

cdlvj
11-21-2005, 08:27 AM
Don't see La Grange being much better than 5-5 or so next year. They lose all of their receivers Daniels, Seifert, and Bennet. Hunt is the only holdover. Woods is back at QB (1543 yds passing). He had 15 interceptions of which 6 were run back for TD's and another one stopped at 1 yard line. High interceptions mainly due to the way the system is run.
No experience at Running Back, Defense should be OK. Calis returning at DB and Kicker. Thorthon and Neiser are back.

garciap77
11-21-2005, 08:57 AM
Wylie may be 4A! Lots of people moving into our dist. I feel we can hang with 4A teams. Might even make the paly-off.

VWG
11-21-2005, 06:28 PM
Question about Wylie is who will play QB? They probably have a good athlete coming in behind Keenum, but he has been the starter for 3 years now.
Same question for Breckenridge. Heatley started the last 3 years and was a heckuva good QB, but who do they replace him with?

Wylie will reload, but Breckenridge (who could drop to 2A) doesn't have the numbers that Wylie does to find a replacement for a 3 year varsity starter.
Breckenridge does have a talented soph. that played RB this year in Blaine Vick. Tough kid that ran the ball well.
Speaking of sophomores, Graham had 4 starting this year. One was their QB.
Sweetwater will have a good seasoned group returning as they have got some juniors this year that have been on varsity since they were sophomores.
I don't know how Bridgeport's Fish and JV teams did, but losing Colin Jones is gonna hurt them.

Fish's mom
11-21-2005, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
Ingleside has 6 seniors, according to there roster. Out of those 6, I think 2 are starters. So, Ingleside is pretty much returning the same starters next year on top of some talented JV players that went 9-1?????.. I think... lol. Fish's Mom or Big_Stew could be the ones to confirm that.

Only 3 seniors are starters,5 juniors, rest are Soph this year. We should be looking decent for next 2 years. JV/Freshman team combo <HAHA> did great this year. Should have more depth this next year. Definately more experience:)

crabman
11-21-2005, 10:32 PM
Don't see La Grange being much better than 5-5 or so next year. They lose all of their receivers Daniels, Seifert, and Bennet. Hunt is the only holdover. Woods is back at QB (1543 yds passing). He had 15 interceptions of which 6 were run back for TD's and another one stopped at 1 yard line. High interceptions mainly due to the way the system is run.

I disagree. I am picking LaGrange to be one of my darkhorse favorites next year in their district. High School football is so much about coaching and I think LaGrange did a good job of getting an exciting coach. That offense was ugly this year. It should start to round into shape next year. 7-3 or 8-2 are possible.

rhino33
11-21-2005, 10:38 PM
ranchview:

15-0

shaka harris will lead team with a zillion rushing yards and 9 million touchdowns!

hahah just kidding i wish that would happen

sWaterislife
11-22-2005, 12:15 AM
One thing i'll give to WYlie is they wont play a cupcake schedule so if somebody said that wylie was scared to play them i would doubt that very seriously....

Sweewater.. Will still have Sky Green and Duone Cunnings played QB behind #5 and #15 and didnt do bad at all... But he broke his collarbone so im not sure... Austin Davis will be back ... you know i wonder every year if this will be the year that we struggle and every year Somebody steps in and plays.. I just dont think that next years seniors wants to be the group that misses the playoffs... We'll see .. i do think this year is one the more talented group of players we've had in quite awhile...

hornfan
11-22-2005, 12:46 AM
well llano...here we go...we lose our best olineman and one other a DT a DE 2 corners,TE/LB/S he plays a little bit of all 3 other than that we dont lose much we get back our 3 leading rushers our qb much of the oline and defense we get nearly all the secondary back and hopefully they will improve after seeing themselves get burned all night on friday night. I think we come back and have a great season next year with that new offense under our belt and be able to start to perfect it with have all 3 of our backs returning that is if yocum can pass spanish class next year hopefully that will not be a problem. I think we have the possibility of going 8-2 or 9-1 depending on our predistrict schedule since it will change.. i just hope that we play some teams in predistrict with the spread that we can learn how to cover it so we can prepare ourselves for the playoffs because we really never faced anything this year like we did friday night.

i know i am missing some seniors but i dont have a roster to look at i know we had some role players that i am missing that are very important so hopefully when i see year end stats next week i can give you a full report.

cdlvj
11-22-2005, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by crabman
I disagree. I am picking LaGrange to be one of my darkhorse favorites next year in their district. High School football is so much about coaching and I think LaGrange did a good job of getting an exciting coach. That offense was ugly this year. It should start to round into shape next year. 7-3 or 8-2 are possible.

That is possible, but they have to get rid of the no-huddle offense. Too many mistakes. But they have no receivers and backs with any experience.

Old Cardinal
11-22-2005, 06:23 PM
Can we hear from OF, H-F, Silsbee, Kirbyville, Jasper and some of the others?

SHS
11-22-2005, 06:28 PM
Well Silsbee will have 13 starters coming back for next year....this includes both of are backs and our QB that played against Palestine. That was the first game that he played at qb and he did pretty good for the first time. Will be returning 7 on O and 6 on D. Our JV went undefeated so next year will be looking good for the Tigers.

X Man
11-22-2005, 08:38 PM
I am not on the staff, but I see the WOS bunch working to win district again, then moving into the playoffs.

wos fan1
11-22-2005, 08:40 PM
Good news about WOS is just about the entire Offense will be Back. All the RB's, All but 1 reciever. Most of the Defense as well. The freshman team has some kids bigger than some of the Varsity now...:eek:

PHS Wildcats
11-23-2005, 03:00 PM
Palestine had 1 starter that came back from last years team. They will have 16 starters coming back for the '06 season, the J.V went 8-1 and should be able to step up for varsity. Jacobi Jackson who played receiever this year should be the Starting qb and Kevin swanson will assume the no.1 receiever postion. The defense should be better with 9 starters coming back. It looks good for the Wildcats.