PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Baseball Precictions

onfirebball05mustang
01-08-2004, 10:07 AM
Who do you think will do well? :D

Who won't? :(

What Matchups would you like to see? eek!

onfirebball05mustang
01-08-2004, 10:08 AM
Manor and Elgin should be a good game to watch this year, La Grange and Giddings I think will also be pretty good. We shall see!

Go MUSTANGS!

Hupernikomen
01-08-2004, 11:35 AM
Barbers Hill will be very good.

3afan
01-08-2004, 11:36 AM
Forney will be good, with all but 1 player from last year's regional finalist back, including 4 DI signees (2 pitchers)

Bellville22
01-08-2004, 01:17 PM
Bellville should compete well this year. Jess Buenger was the ace of the staff as a Soph., however was unable to pitch last year. The A&M signee looks to be healthy this year, and should once again secure the top spot. He'll also carry much of the load offensively. During Buenger's absence last year, Soph. Luetge stepped up into the role of the ace, and pitched very well. The Jr. lefty provides a dramatic contrast in pitching styles from Buenger, and they should be a very good 1-2 punch. Several others one the team have pitching experience, and should compete for the 3rd spot and relief work.

As I said earlier, Buenger will be expected to be the offensive leader, and much of that expected production relies on the top of the lineup getting on base. Bryant and Kiecke should once again fill those slots. Both have great speed and both have been varsity players their entire HS career, and Bryant has an uncanny ability to get on base.

The Brahmas graduated only one defensive starter last year. They have a terrific coach, and that year of experience for the young guys should make this a pretty solid team.

Other teams that come to mind in Region 3 are Sealy and LaGrange (I'm sure there are others). Sealy will be led by lefty pitcher Heath Konesheck, and outstanding catcher Josh Dale, who in my opinion, may be one of the best catchers in the state. They were hit a bit by graduation, but if they can get a few guys to step up and support these leaders, they'll challenge Bellville for D23.

LaGrange would have to be my pick to win state right now. They're loaded with pitching once more. Homer Bailey enters his 4th year as the ace of the staff. He's thought by many to be the top pitcher in the state at any level, and one of the top 10 pitching prospects in the nation. I know the guy, I've seen him pitch, he's special. I believe Zoch will be the #2, he could be the ace for alot of teams. They also had several other guys step up last year and pitch well. They shouldn't need to score that many runs, but LG always finds a way to put runs on the board. Don't believe any polls are out yet but look for LG to be #1 or #2.

Just for the heck of it, my pick for state....

LaGrange over Forney

Keith7
01-08-2004, 01:51 PM
Gainesville will suck cuz i graduated

next generation
01-08-2004, 06:19 PM
Lorena again.

crzyjournalist03
01-08-2004, 08:17 PM
Forney will have a great team again this year. They have to be considered a preseason favorite.

jason
01-08-2004, 08:20 PM
im gonna go out on a limb and say ft worth carter-riverside wont win...

onfirebball05mustang
01-08-2004, 08:30 PM
Good, people replied, so I can comment on our guys: :p
Our ptiching should be good, between Burford, C.Turner, Holcomb, Hooker, and D. Turner. All really good pitchers: but Burf's got an arm, along with Hooker and D.Turner. They should have an excellent year. Our pitching staff can only be rivaled by our offense, everyone's really good, but I must mention Kaase, Hernandez, Reyes, Kohler, Smith, Tarvin, and Harsh.
None of this can go withot saying that our pitchers can hit VERY Well. No, i'm not just saying that cause I know them, they really are good! Prospects are looking good, as far as players moving up the ranks, and new tryouts. I can't wait to see how it goes.

I know I'm not from Elgin, but I must mention a few good players: :D
P/1B Aalbers
P/SS Moore
P/1B Brade

I look forward to the upcoming season, and wish all teams well, but i must say good luck to elgin, i notice half of your team has graduated, so keep the jv ready!
:p
GO MUSTANGS!!! eek!

<small>[ January 08, 2004, 09:11 PM: Message edited by: onfirebball05mustang ]</small>

VWG
01-08-2004, 08:54 PM
Region I should see the usual favorites:
Canyon, Abilene Wylie, Kennedale, Lake Dallas all have strong programs.
Bowie has a kid that is a really good pitcher (pro prospect) that is the strength of their team.
I see a tough district with Decatur, Lake Dallas, and the rest.

Bellville22
01-09-2004, 05:28 PM
Jason Becker's Texas Baseball News Preseason Top 5:

1. LaGrange
2. Forney
3. Lorena
4. Jasper
5. Daingerfield

crabman
01-11-2004, 09:58 PM
Somebody told me the other day that Homer Bailey of LaGrange was back one more year. I could have sworn this was about his sixth or seventh year of varsity ball. I guess it seems like that when you are pitching at that high of a level as a freshman. He should be the best pitcher in the state in 3A.

Keith7
01-11-2004, 11:17 PM
VWG:
Region I should see the usual favorites:
Canyon, Abilene Wylie, Kennedale, Lake Dallas all have strong programs.
Bowie has a kid that is a really good pitcher (pro prospect) that is the strength of their team.
I see a tough district with Decatur, Lake Dallas, and the rest.Lake Dallas has a good Pitcher In Jericho Jones.. i remember playin against him when he was a freshman and he was amazing.. they lost Jon Lucas though who was another great player for them

JasperDog94
01-12-2004, 03:04 PM
Bellville22:

1. LaGrange
2. Forney
3. Lorena
4. Jasper
5. DaingerfieldIs Jasper supposed to be that good this year? I haven't heard anything about them this year.

WoodvilleFan
01-12-2004, 04:50 PM
JasperDog94:

Bellville22:

1. LaGrange
2. Forney
3. Lorena
4. Jasper
5. DaingerfieldIs Jasper supposed to be that good this year? I haven't heard anything about them this year.Jasper is returning almost everyone from last years district champion team. Got beat by eventual state champ Lorena in 3rd round last year. P Yeates is highly regarded. In 02 Jasper went to the AAAA regional semifinals with basically a team of sophomores. They are now seniors.

onfirebball05mustang
01-14-2004, 01:41 PM
our team has already begun practice- our first game is feb 4, so we WILL be ready! Hopefully no injuries, or forilures will keep them from playing

GOOD LUCK GUYS!
MUSTANGS ALL THE WAY TO STATE!!!

BigW
01-14-2004, 02:09 PM
Hey Onfire, How do you work that? UIL rules state you cannot have an organized baseball practice until Feb. 2nd?

onfirebball05mustang
01-14-2004, 02:15 PM
it's not official baseball practice, we just kinda meet and work out, try some skills, and the new guys in baseball try to show the coaches they can stay in baseball during practice. Its actually alot of fun, the guys get to leave school during lunch (against school rules) so they can get lunch at one of the local places. I can't wait for season practice to start, then you hear the complaining, but hear the positive results called wins!

Bellville22
01-14-2004, 02:30 PM
onfirebball05mustang:
it's not official baseball practice, we just kinda meet and work out, try some skills, and the new guys in baseball try to show the coaches they can stay in baseball during practice. Its actually alot of fun, the guys get to leave school during lunch (against school rules) so they can get lunch at one of the local places. I can't wait for season practice to start, then you hear the complaining, but hear the positive results called wins!Coaches present? Leaving school during lunch? Sounds fishy. Hope y'all got all this checked out w/ UIL.

j_dog
01-14-2004, 05:42 PM
JasperDog94:

Bellville22:

1. LaGrange
2. Forney
3. Lorena
4. Jasper
5. DaingerfieldIs Jasper supposed to be that good this year? I haven't heard anything about them this year.Jasper only had one senior last year and he batted ninth. He still got a baseball scholarship because of his speed and potential.

Phil C
01-14-2004, 05:51 PM
I don't know who will be the best team but I do know it is tough to repeat. One bit of advice which probably won't be too popular but to those of you that play Lorena when Adam Hornung is batting - walk him. (Unless it is a game winning situation but if possible walk him.)

onfirebball05mustang
01-15-2004, 09:04 AM
yeah, practice is checked out, it's officially just off season football practice, but those not in baseball have a lighter work load. Conditioning, I guess!

Keith7
01-15-2004, 09:23 AM
its great to win state in baseball

TRust me.. I know
here is a picture of me and a friend posing after we won state

http://www.angelfire.com/tx/coolstuffpart2/state_.JPG

onfirebball05mustang
01-15-2004, 09:33 AM
it may be after the fact, but CONGRATS!

BrahmaMom
01-17-2004, 10:21 PM
Hey, 22, I know your ties to Buenger have you focus on him, plus his awesome skill and potential makes him the obvious leader, but let's make sure folks know we have experience at all positions. I didn't expect much from a young team last year and they proved me wrong. I think this will be a tremendous team for the Brahmas. I watched #22, Meadows, hit not too long ago and was very impressed. He will be one that can help out on the mound but he is strong on first base, not too many mistakes over the course of his career out there. Goeke will be a work horse, too, just like on the football field. Kieke has been out there preparing as well and we know how capable he is. I think this is going to be a strong, quick team, with a lot of weapons. Jabow is ready for February. One I have been impressed with is Colin Warneke(hope I don't offend if I misspell). He has consistently produced behind the plate and has worked out hard in the off-season. He is one of the better catchers around, I think. Experience, talent, work ethic, healthy toes, arms, ankles, etc will take our Brahmas a long way, hopefully deep into the play-offs. Best of luck to the 2004 Brahmas!