PDA

View Full Version : This needs to be said.

Jacket2000
02-09-2004, 03:32 PM
EVERYONE is welcome on this board. It doesnt matter if you've just moved to 4a, or 2a, or 3a, or if you're a sixman private school. You're more than welcome to join, read, and post on this board. Both of the administrators(and our one quasi-administrator, sorry babe), represent 4a schools. Besides, hell, more than half of the posts on here aren't even football related. So, if we can talk about politics and women's soccer, then we can talk football, no matter what the classification is.
It doesn't matter if you're 5a or sixman or anything in between,by gawd we are Texas Football, so we're all related!
Thank ya.
J2K

Ranger Mom
02-09-2004, 03:33 PM
Amen Jacket!!!!

JasperDog94
02-09-2004, 03:43 PM
All I'm going to say is this: I'm reserving my right to say "I told you so" if this site becomes just like all the others. :confused:

vet93
02-09-2004, 03:43 PM
Thanks Jacket...I was starting to feel a little unwanted and unloved since Ballinger can't seem to hold their population. I promise I won't overrun the board with any 2a posts...heck most people won't even care what Ballinger is doing anyways.

Old Dog
02-09-2004, 04:03 PM
Thanks Jacket, those are very welcoming words....I for one didn't look forward to not seeing what some of these great posters had to say on such a regular basis. As I said earlier, the board is "addictive".

Ranger Mom
02-09-2004, 04:05 PM
vet93:
Thanks Jacket...I was starting to feel a little unwanted and unloved since Ballinger can't seem to hold their population. I promise I won't overrun the board with any 2a posts...heck most people won't even care what Ballinger is doing anyways.You know I will....I am trusting in you to keep ME informed of what's going on there!!

poncho
02-09-2004, 04:08 PM
Jacket2000:
EVERYONE is welcome on this board. It doesnt matter if you've just moved to 4a, or 2a, or 3a, or if you're a sixman private school. You're more than welcome to join, read, and post on this board. Both of the administrators(and our one quasi-administrator, sorry babe), represent 4a schools. Besides, hell, more than half of the posts on here aren't even football related. So, if we can talk about politics and women's soccer, then we can talk football, no matter what the classification is.
It doesn't matter if you're 5a or sixman or anything in between,by gawd we are Texas Football, so we're all related!
Thank ya.
J2KThanks for the clarification on this matter. 3a downlow is a great site. :)

GreatBigBurnetFan
02-09-2004, 04:32 PM
Thanks Jacket,
For the most part, I avoid the rock throwing
and the arrow shots. I just want to checkin ever
now and then, even if we are 4a. After all, I gotta see what Gobbla's up to.
Regards,
GreatBigBurnetFan

Tanglefoot
02-09-2004, 05:02 PM
Thanks, Jacket2000,
I have been reading all of the posts on this subject and was beginning to feel totally unwanted as I live in a town that is 4A. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading what all of you have to say on many subjects, did not post very many times, but always was very impressed with the quality of posters on this board. Also, my old alma mater just got moved to 2A, but that doesn't stop me from wanting to read about all of you 3A teams. I promise I won't clutter up the board.
Have a good day,
Tanglefoot

Phil C
02-09-2004, 05:28 PM
Jacket has spoken and we must accept it. Now we got to put up with softball talk and other stuff coming! Shucks!

sinton66
02-09-2004, 06:14 PM
Nothing like a 180 degree reversal of policy, eh?

Old Tiger
02-09-2004, 06:42 PM
About time one of the admins said something.

olddawggreen
02-09-2004, 06:51 PM
Many Thanks Jacket.

bearcat1
02-09-2004, 07:24 PM
Jacket2000:
Thank ya.
J2KWhat's a quasi-administrator??

I don't know why everyone is getting so fired up, this isn't the first realignment we've been through where teams have changed classification,and I don't ever remember this being a big issue at all. Why is it now? This is primarily a 3A site, however, alot of the members who's teams just got bumped donated to this site and helped provide the board that you are reading right now. Alot of them have been here a long time and provided us with pictures, score updates, regional information for our preaseason pages, and so on. Alot of them keep the administrators informed on whats going on in their neck of the woods--its hard to have a pulse on region 4 if you live in DFW, etc. So, many of them were there for us when we needed some info, and I'm sure will continue to be. All of you have supported this site (financially, by word of mouth, and by visiting it regularly) since you joined. Do you really want to tell someone now, who has been just as supportive, that they are no longer welcome?

bc

JasperDog94
02-09-2004, 07:29 PM
AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! WHO'S TELLING PEOPLE THAT THEY ARE NOT WANTED?????????? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

JumpPass
02-09-2004, 07:38 PM
Sinton66, that is a 180! If this is an ALL SPORTS/CLASSIFICATION board, then the name needs to be changed to Texas High School Sports. What a joke. This is a 3A board. Might as well let this place burn like ***********, oldcoach, and txpreps has.

bearcat1
02-09-2004, 07:49 PM
JasperDog94:
All I'm going to say is this: I'm reserving my right to say "I told you so" if this site becomes just like all the others. :confused: Reserve it all you want, this site will never become just like all the others. The admin.'s know how to steer the ship. So relax, and let them steer it.
Have a little faith people.

bc

bearcat1
02-09-2004, 07:53 PM
JasperDog94:
AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! WHO'S TELLING PEOPLE THAT THEY ARE NOT WANTED?????????? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: Yeah, go ahead JD, yell at me again.

I have a brain, and I'm capable of reading and comprehending what I read. And, it sounded to me like people were being made to feel unwelcome. Hell you yourself made the comment that this board might become "just like all the others" since everyone's allowed to stay. Now, if I were a poster that was changing classifications, I sure as hell would take that to mean that if I stay, you think the board is gonna go to crap. I don't know about you JD but that would sure make me feel a little UNWELCOME. Comprenda?????

bc

<small>[ February 09, 2004, 07:00 PM: Message edited by: bearcat1 ]</small>

Wildcat81
02-09-2004, 07:55 PM
Wow eek!

bearcat1
02-09-2004, 07:57 PM
JumpPass:
Sinton66, that is a 180! If this is an ALL SPORTS/CLASSIFICATION board, then the name needs to be changed to Texas High School Sports. What a joke. This is a 3A board. Might as well let this place burn like ***********, oldcoach, and txpreps has.This isn't an All Sports/All Classification board, it's a 3A board. HOWEVER, some of the posters who are moving classifications have not only been here a while, they've donated TIME AND MONEY to make the board what it is right now (unlike yourself). Who are you to say that we should evict them?

bc

j_dog
02-09-2004, 07:59 PM
Jacket, I agree, everyone is welcome. That being said, I still am assuming that the major thrust for the creation of the Board was for 3a topics.

As I posted in the THREAD that stirred this pot:

"The direction this Board takes will be dictated by the posters at any given time. Some teams moved up to 4a, or down to 2a. Some of those posters may gravitate to other boards. Others may not."

I think the topic thing will take care of itself because readers and posters will go to (or stay) wherever their major interests lie. And that is all I have to say about this! :cool:

Gobbla2001
02-09-2004, 08:43 PM
Of course this site was created for 3A football...

It wasn't created for women's soccer or men's soccer etc or College Football/Basketball or the NBA or the NFL or the MLB etc (though I enjoy all of these posts)...

The fact is that most of the people who support teams in other classifications aren't going to pull the '3A Down Low' out of Google by searching 5A Football etc... So the chances of this site being over-populated by fans of other classifications and mostly-used FOR other classifications is out of reach... But if that point is reached, I'm sure something will be done (like maybe making a message board for those guys)...

I just find it kinda hard to tell these guys that I've been bs'in with the last few years that they need not come 'round no moe...

I say if we get rid of the 4A/2A talk, we need to get rid of EVERYTHING not having a dang thing to do with 3A football... Because if we tell 'em to get the heck out now, when they drop back down or rise back up in a couple of years they're sure not to come back...

Also, bearcat1 brings up a very good point about the Donations etc... I'd feel terrible if I donated my cash towords an interest just to have that interest stripped from me...

We can co-exist, we have this long, why not atleast a couple of more years???

Besides, don't we all wanna cheer for our former classmates in their new classifications hoping they'll show them that 3A houses some tough sumbiscuits???

I will be very interested in knowing how Forney, Burnet, Everman, etc... are doing next year and also interested in the teams they play...

sinton66
02-09-2004, 08:44 PM
BC, I kinda disagree with you and Jacket. I really don't think anyone was saying "don't let the door hit you in the permanent vertical smile". The 3A folks on here are getting concerned about being overrun by 4A topics and posts and getting swamped out. You know how this site has grown by leaps and bounds in just the last three years. It'll start out with one group talking about their games, then their competition will chime in and it will eventually snowball. What we need is a SISTER 4a site that we can ALL bounce back and forth between. That is DEFINITELY about to happen. Everybody just needs to keep their cool and be patient. It's in the works. wink

(Check the "Forney,Burnet,Elgin,Everman fans" thread).

<small>[ February 09, 2004, 08:10 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

poncho
02-09-2004, 09:17 PM
sinton66:
BC, I kinda disagree with you and Jacket. I really don't think anyone was saying "don't let the door hit you in the permanent vertical smile". The 3A folks on here are getting concerned about being overrun by 4A topics and posts and getting swamped out. You know how this site has grown by leaps and bounds in just the last three years. It'll start out with one group talking about their games, then their competition will chime in and it will eventually snowball. What we need is a SISTER 4a site that we can ALL bounce back and forth between. That is DEFINITELY about to happen. Everybody just needs to keep their cool and be patient. It's in the works. wink
(Check the "Forney,Burnet,Elgin,Everman fans" thread0.66 and Jasperdog94, when you are using words like, we should keep the 4a post to a minimum, if the 4a people stay around the teams they play will wont to come to this site, thus causing site problems. Remember you are just a member here like everyone else. The administrators have expressed their opinion. So why are you still questioning it. They have the say so not you or me. :cool:

<small>[ February 09, 2004, 08:20 PM: Message edited by: poncho ]</small>

3afan2K3
02-09-2004, 09:28 PM
JumpPass:
Sinton66, that is a 180! If this is an ALL SPORTS/CLASSIFICATION board, then the name needs to be changed to Texas High School Sports. What a joke. This is a 3A board. Might as well let this place burn like ***********, oldcoach, and txpreps has.you have no say in this

CHS_CG
02-09-2004, 09:32 PM
My look on it *being part of it for about 2 years* is that if you dont like everything people talk about on this site....simply 1.)leave or 2.) dont open something you know isnt about football! I love yall on this board, we help each other through different things and talk about different things when its NOT FOOTBALL SEASON. You have to admit that durning football season 99.9% of this stuff on here is about football.. Jacket and Mathew cant make everybody happy so this is what they say!

jason
02-09-2004, 09:41 PM
JumpPass:
Sinton66, that is a 180! If this is an ALL SPORTS/CLASSIFICATION board, then the name needs to be changed to Texas High School Sports. What a joke. This is a 3A board. Might as well let this place burn like ***********, oldcoach, and txpreps has.you have absolutely ZERO say in any of this

JumpPass
02-09-2004, 10:09 PM
bearcat1:

JumpPass:
Sinton66, that is a 180! If this is an ALL SPORTS/CLASSIFICATION board, then the name needs to be changed to Texas High School Sports. What a joke. This is a 3A board. Might as well let this place burn like ***********, oldcoach, and txpreps has.This isn't an All Sports/All Classification board, it's a 3A board. HOWEVER, some of the posters who are moving classifications have not only been here a while, they've donated TIME AND MONEY to make the board what it is right now (unlike yourself). Who are you to say that we should evict them?

bcumm. i do not see how you become a donating member, so how can i donate something? just because i dont have a pretty icon doesn't mean that i dont care about this site.............

JumpPass
02-09-2004, 10:11 PM
3afan2K3:

JumpPass:
Sinton66, that is a 180! If this is an ALL SPORTS/CLASSIFICATION board, then the name needs to be changed to Texas High School Sports. What a joke. This is a 3A board. Might as well let this place burn like ***********, oldcoach, and txpreps has.you have no say in thisno, you are right, i do not. i've been lurking here for a few months. you really are one of the most annoying kids/posters on this site! looks like you need a life?? you also have no say in this.

JumpPass
02-09-2004, 10:12 PM
jason:

JumpPass:
Sinton66, that is a 180! If this is an ALL SPORTS/CLASSIFICATION board, then the name needs to be changed to Texas High School Sports. What a joke. This is a 3A board. Might as well let this place burn like ***********, oldcoach, and txpreps has.you have absolutely ZERO say in any of thisno way. you have got to be kidding me. you and your brother post th esame thing often? you also have ZERO say in any of this!

3afan2K3
02-09-2004, 10:12 PM
JumpPass:

3afan2K3:

JumpPass:
Sinton66, that is a 180! If this is an ALL SPORTS/CLASSIFICATION board, then the name needs to be changed to Texas High School Sports. What a joke. This is a 3A board. Might as well let this place burn like ***********, oldcoach, and txpreps has.you have no say in thisno, you are right, i do not. i've been lurking here for a few months. you really are one of the most annoying kids/posters on this site! looks like you need a life?? you also have no say in this.HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA......m an your funny

<small>[ February 09, 2004, 09:13 PM: Message edited by: 3afan2K3 ]</small>

jason
02-09-2004, 10:16 PM
JumpPass:

jason:

JumpPass:
Sinton66, that is a 180! If this is an ALL SPORTS/CLASSIFICATION board, then the name needs to be changed to Texas High School Sports. What a joke. This is a 3A board. Might as well let this place burn like ***********, oldcoach, and txpreps has.you have absolutely ZERO say in any of thisno way. you have got to be kidding me. you and your brother post th esame thing often? you also have ZERO say in any of this!oh but i do

bearcat1
02-09-2004, 10:42 PM
Well, whether you donate or not is irrelevant. Not everyone can/does. But I have a hard time thinking that anyone should limit their time here now that they are not 3A representatives. Especially if they are donating members. If someone has sent money to this site, in order to make it better, or contributed to this site simply by patronizing it for so long, I'm not gonna sit around quietly while others come along and say they should now limit their time or posts here based on nothing more than the enrollment at their local school.

We were always grateful to the posters who have been on board with us from the get go, the same ones who helped spread the word about our site. We were also very grateful to the ones who were able to donate, and help us when we needed it. And many of those are now no longer in 3A, but last time I checked, we were still grateful to them.

I am not an administrator anymore, but to suggest that their presence and continued posts would somehow hurt this site makes me angry. I'm sorry, but that's just the way I feel about that.

bc

sinton66
02-09-2004, 10:42 PM
Settle down, guys.... no need for any of this.

ej2525
02-09-2004, 10:49 PM
Preach on Sister Bearcat!!! :D eek!

JasperDog94
02-09-2004, 10:56 PM
bearcat1:

JasperDog94:
AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! WHO'S TELLING PEOPLE THAT THEY ARE NOT WANTED?????????? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: Yeah, go ahead JD, yell at me again.

I have a brain, and I'm capable of reading and comprehending what I read. And, it sounded to me like people were being made to feel unwelcome. Hell you yourself made the comment that this board might become "just like all the others" since everyone's allowed to stay. Now, if I were a poster that was changing classifications, I sure as hell would take that to mean that if I stay, you think the board is gonna go to crap. I don't know about you JD but that would sure make me feel a little UNWELCOME. Comprenda?????

bcFirst of all, why do you assume that I'm yelling at you? You know what happens when you assume. I was merely venting a little frustration.

On that topic, nobody has been able to answer my question. WHO IS ASKING ANYBODY TO LEAVE?

The answer is nobody.

And when did I ever say, "this board might become "just like all the others" since everyone's allowed to stay"? I challenge you to find where I said that. I've NEVER told anyone that they weren't welcome here. If, by asking that this site remain dedicated to 3A, you get offended then get a life. If people that are now in 4A want to discuss 3A ball, I'm all for it. And if the occasional 4A, 5A, or 2A topic is discussed, oh well.

Do us all a favor and don't get so offended. And if you're gonna quote somebody, make sure that you quote them correctly.

<small>[ February 09, 2004, 09:57 PM: Message edited by: JasperDog94 ]</small>

crzyjournalist03
02-09-2004, 11:12 PM
JasperDog94:
All I'm going to say is this: I'm reserving my right to say "I told you so" if this site becomes just like all the others. :confused: I don't want to get in the middle of this, but there's where you said it JasperDog...

bearcat1
02-09-2004, 11:14 PM
JasperDog94:

<strong>
JasperDog94:
AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! WHO'S TELLING PEOPLE THAT THEY ARE NOT WANTED?????????? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: First of all, why do you assume that I'm yelling at you? You know what happens when you assume. I was merely venting a little frustration.

On that topic, nobody has been able to answer my question. WHO IS ASKING ANYBODY TO LEAVE?

The answer is nobody.

And when did I ever say, "this board might become "just like all the others" since everyone's allowed to stay"? I challenge you to find where I said that. I've NEVER told anyone that they weren't welcome here. If, by asking that this site remain dedicated to 3A, you get offended then get a life. If people that are now in 4A want to discuss 3A ball, I'm all for it. And if the occasional 4A, 5A, or 2A topic is discussed, oh well.

Do us all a favor and don't get so offended. And if you're gonna quote somebody, make sure that you quote them correctly.Where to start. Ok how about here:

All I'm going to say is this: I'm reserving my right to say "I told you so" if this site becomes just like all the others.

--------------------
"insert cool line here"

That was your post to J2K's post about everyone being welcome to stay.

Let's see now what. I guess I could cut and paste my earlier reply to this question, since I've already answered it once:

you yourself made the comment that this board might become "just like all the others" since everyone's allowed to stay. Now, if I were a poster that was changing classifications, I sure as hell would take that to mean that if I stay, you think the board is gonna go to crap. I don't know about you JD but that would sure make me feel a little UNWELCOME.

You posted your comment directly under J2K's post, don't tell me you didn't mean it to be directed toward the ex-3A people.

Now what. Oh yea, the yelling. Oh, I don't know, maybe all the red mad faces and all the YELLING IN YOUR POST gave me that impression. I couldn't care less, just noticed it.

And as for getting a life, correct me if I'm wrong but weren't YOU the one who started all this talk about it to begin with?

I'm not offended at all. I have no doubts that this board will remain dedicated to 3A Football. A lot of people suddenly are feeling put off or snubbed by some things that were said, and I felt like giving my opinion. At least I know what mine is.

bc

<small>[ February 09, 2004, 10:18 PM: Message edited by: bearcat1 ]</small>

JasperDog94
02-09-2004, 11:15 PM
Correction...I never said anything about people being allowed to stay. I'm referring to the topics that are posted. I never said anything about kicking anybody off the site.

JasperDog94
02-09-2004, 11:18 PM
bearcat1:
I felt like giving my opinion. At least I know what mine is.

bcAnd this is supposed to mean....???

JasperDog94
02-09-2004, 11:20 PM
bearcat1:
You posted your comment directly under J2K's post, don't tell me you didn't mean it to be directed toward the ex-3A people.

bcMy post is a simple question...Who is asking people to leave? This is the question I'm asking all the people that seem to have their feelings hurt.

<small>[ February 09, 2004, 10:21 PM: Message edited by: JasperDog94 ]</small>

sinton66
02-09-2004, 11:22 PM
BC, I really think that JasperDog94 was only trying to "nudge" the new 4A'ers to start their own site. He may not have said it the way others would have, but I don't think he meant anything malicious by it. I think we all need to settle down a little. It'll work out, I'm sure. wink

<small>[ February 09, 2004, 10:23 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

crzyjournalist03
02-09-2004, 11:26 PM
sinton66:
BC, I really think that JasperDog94 was only trying to "nudge" the new 4A'ers to start their own site. He may not have said it the way others would have, but I don't think he meant anything malicious by it. I think we all need to settle down a little. It'll work out, I'm sure. wink good ol' 66 will pull us through this mess! :)

sinton66
02-09-2004, 11:33 PM
Next comes the "Laying on of hands". :D :D :D

crzyjournalist03
02-09-2004, 11:35 PM
sinton66:
Next comes the "Laying on of hands". :D :D :D as long as we don't get to the part where you decide to "pass the plate"... :D :D :D

JasperDog94
02-09-2004, 11:37 PM
sinton66:
BC, I really think that JasperDog94 was only trying to "nudge" the new 4A'ers to start their own site. He may not have said it the way others would have, but I don't think he meant anything malicious by it. I think we all need to settle down a little. It'll work out, I'm sure. wink I've never really been the PC type. But you're right about one thing. There's never been anything malicious about my posts. I really enjoy this board and have learned a great deal about other football teams and communities. I look forward to certain posters remarks because they're so unpredictable.

Take Phil C. for example. You never know if his posts will be about the Spurs or womens soccer. (or any other women's sport) Or take Forney fans for example. You never know if they are going to start some useless thread about word associations or talk about how they are the 2nd best team in DI since they played the eventual state champs a closer game than Burnet did the past two years.

The point is: I love this message board and I want to continue to see it thrive on 3A football. If I offended anyone, I'm sorry. It was purely unintentional.
:) :)

sinton66
02-09-2004, 11:47 PM
crzyjournalist03:

sinton66:
Next comes the "Laying on of hands". :D :D :D as long as we don't get to the part where you decide to "pass the plate"... :D :D :D That's coming, buddy. Read the "sticky" topic. wink

Rabbit'93
02-09-2004, 11:50 PM
Can't we all just get along. Please!!! I feel like this is the second coming of Sinton and Burnet in Corpus!!!!! :D :p

olddawggreen
02-10-2004, 12:18 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rabbit'93:
[QB]Can't we all just get along. (That was my line) :D :D

sinton66
02-10-2004, 12:21 AM
heh heh, I think he "skip" reads. wink

ej2525
02-10-2004, 12:23 AM
This is by far the most action I have ever seen on this board "out-of-season"!!! "Like sands through the hour glass.... so are the days of our lives!!"

sinton66
02-10-2004, 12:27 AM
Oh no, you should research the "story" or the underwater basket weaving thread. Things can get really crazy around here in the off-season.

SintonFan
02-10-2004, 01:04 AM
Rabbit'93:
Can't we all just get along. Please!!! I feel like this is the second coming of Sinton and Burnet in Corpus!!!!! :D :p Hey Rabbit! Your over 1000. Congratulations!

SintonFan
02-10-2004, 01:26 AM
My opinion is that a 4A board wouldn't be a bad idea. This doesn't mean that I or anyone I know on here would make anyone here feel unwelcome. That's just MHO. I would visit a 4A board if the standards were held just as high as they are here.
One of the reasons, I believe, this board is so special is because 3A towns usually represent small town standards and beliefs(the positive ones). You lose many of these things with large cities. The people here tend to reflect the standards that are lived out in smaller towns. Another reason is that the ADM's do a good job on weeding out the troublemakers.
I understand JP's(and other's) concern over 4As mucking up the board. He's got a valid point.
66 has a good idea about a 4A site and this idea shouldn't be looked at negatively. I see no adverse effect another site would have on this board and it's members.

olddawggreen
02-10-2004, 10:16 AM
I doubt that many 4A posters who are not already associated with this site will be seeking it out this next year. This would mean that most 4A posters who show up on this site are people that are already here. And they are here because they enjoy the site and the people on it and they want to keep up with their old opponants and the other people on this site. Ive learned so much about teams all over the state from this site and have a very strong interest in keeping up with some of them. I would also think some people on here would like to keep up with some of the schools that have moved up to 4A. (unless to some it just may be too painful :D :D just joking, please dont come after me!)

As far as the small town values displayed here, just because these schools have enough enrollment to be moved up to the next bracket dosent mean their not still small towns. Burnet is still 60 miles from Austin and 75 miles from San Antonio, the town still has a population of 4,000 +/- and theres not much chance we will become a big city any time soon. We are only over the 3A limit by about 50 students which definately makes us the smallest school in our new district. I look forward to the new chalenges that have been placed before us, but I look at it as an expansion of my interest in football. I will always be interested in 3A football and I will continue to contribute to this site and also to a new 4A down low site if it developes. But over all I dont think there will be a huge change to this site next year due to our new 4A status.

<small>[ February 10, 2004, 06:16 PM: Message edited by: olddawggreen ]</small>

vet93
02-10-2004, 10:29 AM
Jasperdog and Sinton66...I know that what you said was not meant to intentionally run anyone off but the implications were obvious. Essentially what was being said was that you are welcome to stay but limit your posts to 3a football. This form of censorship to be fair would have to include all non-3a football posts (ie word assoc., what is your occupation, underwater basket weaving, etc...) I don't think that we want to go down that path (I know that I don't). What has made this site great is not that it was exclusively a 3a site, but that it had administrators who were willing to eliminate those people who were abusive and profane and the special people and relationships that have been forged over the past 3 years. While I will always be a 3a guy at heart...that is not the reason that I post here. The reason that I post here is because of so many of the friends that I have on the board including the two of you. I firmly believe that this is a 3a board at heart and it should always be so, but I find it hard to believe that we can't allow our old friends to post about the teams that they support. I still want to know what Matt has to say about Everman and what Chris Hart has to say about Burnet...not because I am a 4a guy but because those two people have made me a fan of their teams by their personalities on this board (I could say the same for my interest in Sinton and Jasper). What makes this board special are quality people and the relationships that we have forged through the years and as long as we are willing to stand up for these ideals the board will not dramatically change. Even if some of our old friends have one more or less "A" by their name. Please don't take this post as being argumentative...just a heartfelt explanation of my opinion. Thanks

ej2525
02-10-2004, 11:21 AM
Well stated Vet93... true gentleman!!

sinfan75
02-10-2004, 11:59 AM
I'm like a few others on here.I wanna know how Burnet,Everman and Forney do next year in 4A.Besides alot of te 3A schools play 4A,2A andeven 5A schools.The more the merrier in my book.And since PhilC's topics about soccer softball and the Spurs ain't killed this site I don't think anything will.

sinton66
02-10-2004, 12:15 PM
Okay folks, I agree with all of that, but consider this. You new 4A'ers are ALREADY getting your feelings hurt with just what is some simple, well-intentioned suggestions. You are coming across as believing this is HOSTILITY toward you. NOTHING could be further from the truth. If you think this is HOSTILE, you ain't seen hostile until I have to page thru 3 or 4 pages of 4A topics to find a 3A topic I'm interested in during the season. I love this site BECAUSE it's dedicated to 3A. I will ALWAYS vigorously defend that position, at least until Jacket or Matthew decide they have had enough of my crap and send me off to the nether regions. You can disagree with me, think I'm an a-hole for saying it, hate me for bringing it up, or whatever. It is simply my opinion and a basic fear of mine that this could easily get out of hand, and I will NOT apologize for stating it. I know for a FACT I am not alone in this fear. I am doing my best to try and help facilitate a REASONABLE alternative in the form of a new 4A board, one we ALL can enjoy. And folks, if that ain't good enough for you, that's just too bad, because I'm too damned old and set in my ways for any of you to effect a change on me. Let the "chips" fall where they may.

<small>[ February 10, 2004, 07:02 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

Rabbit'93
02-10-2004, 01:04 PM
SintonFan:

Rabbit'93:
Can't we all just get along. Please!!! I feel like this is the second coming of Sinton and Burnet in Corpus!!!!! :D :p Hey Rabbit! Your over 1000. Congratulations!Thanks SintonFan..Didn't even notice. I'd like to thank the many great members of this board who've I've come to know and respect.

<small>[ February 10, 2004, 06:04 PM: Message edited by: Rabbit'93 ]</small>

Rabbit'93
02-10-2004, 01:16 PM
sinton66:
Okay folks, I agree with all of that, but consider this. You new 4A'ers are ALREADY getting your feelings hurt with just what is some simple, well-intentioned suggestions. You are coming across as believing this is HOSTILITY toward you. NOTHING could be further from the truth. If you think this is HOSTILE, you ain't seen hostile until I have to page thru 3 or 4 pages of 4A topics to find a 3A topic I'm interested in during the season. I love this site BECAUSE it's dedicated to 3A. I will ALWAYS vigorously defend that position, at least until Jacket or Matthew decide they have had enough of my crap and send me off to the nether regions. You can disagree with me, think I'm an Ahole for saying it, hate me for bringing it up, or whatever. It is simply my opinion and a basic fear of mine that this could easily get out of hand, and I will NOT apologize for stating it. I know for a FACT I am not alone in this fear. I am doing my best to try and help facilitate a REASONABLE alternative in the form of a new 4A board, one we ALL can enjoy. And folks, if that ain't good enough for you, that's just too bad, because I'm too damned old and set in my ways for any of you to effect a change on me. Let the "chips" fall where they may.66 I know your intentions are good. And for me personally I understand where you're coming from. Just like you don't want the board to be overrun with topics that aren't related to 3A. I don't want to go to another board because frankly, I don't like the other boards. That's why I would be all for another board that has the same values as this one. I believe if you keep it to the same guidleines as the Downlow it will thrive as a 4A board just as the Downlow has. All I ask is pick the admins wisely. Heck just replace Matthew & Jacket here and move them up. I'd be for that.

All and all this subject should just die. This board will be OK as long as the Admins keep the peace. Like I said before If I happen to post something about Forney just read it or disregard it. I'm still a 3A guy at heart and it is still the best classification in TX.

Ranger Mom
02-10-2004, 01:22 PM
Hey!! We don't want anyone else to have Matthew or Jacket - they are ours!! :D :D

Like I said earlier, I can see both sides point of view.

I think it will all work out fine in the long run though!!

poncho
02-10-2004, 01:31 PM
Man don't any of you guys work for a living?? I'm just joking around and reading everyones opinion. :D

onfirebball05mustang
02-10-2004, 01:35 PM
Thanks jacket, for saying what needed to be said. All people should feel welcome, and if they don't they should tell somebody about it.

sinton66
02-10-2004, 02:10 PM
All I ask is pick the admins wisely. Heck just replace Matthew & Jacket here and move them up. I'd be for that.Funny you should mention that. Who says they can't or wouldn't be asked to do BOTH boards? I have no control over who will be chosen. I will have no function except as a registered user on that site. Everything will be up to the man who does the site. I'm pretty sure our guys will be/may have already been asked if they WANT to participate. Both Jacket and Matthew are capable of handling it if they have the time to devote to it. That is a judgement call they and ONLY they can make. I can assure you, my contact fully intends to make the new 4A board as enjoyable and friendly as this one. This board is what convinced him to do this. It should follow that the new admins WILL come from this board.(From our conversations, I'm also pretty sure there will be more than two.)

JasperDog94
02-10-2004, 02:47 PM
sinton66:
I can assure you, my contact fully intends to make the new 4A board as enjoyable and friendly as this one. This board is what convinced him to do this. It should follow that the new admins WILL come from this board.Your "Contact"? Man, i feel like I'm in a James Bond movie.

This post will self-destruct in 5 seconds.
.BOOM!!!!!!!

sinton66
02-10-2004, 06:12 PM
I know, I know, a LOT of what I've said about it is pretty vague. I've been asked not to reveal his identity until he's ready. In fact I may have already said too much. Hopefully I haven't angered him. Most of the little stuff I've said was covered in discussions we've had between us. I wish I could go ahead and say everything I know, but I have to honor his request. Hopefully, things will pick up the pace shortly.

SintonFan
02-10-2004, 08:47 PM
olddawggreen:
I doubt that many 4A posters who are not already associated with this site will be seeking it out this next year. This would mean that most 4A posters who show up on this site are people that are already here. And they are here because they enjoy the site and the people on it and they want to keep up with their old opponants and the other people on this site. Ive learned so much about teams all over the state from this site and have a very strong interest in keeping up with some of them. I would also think some people on here would like to keep up with some of the schools that have moved up to 4A. (unless to some it just may be too painful :D :D just joking, please dont come after me!)

As far as the small town values displayed here, just because these schools have enough enrollment to be moved up to the next bracket dosent mean their not still small towns. Burnet is still 60 miles from Austin and 75 miles from San Antonio, the town still has a population of 4,000 +/- and theres not much chance we will become a big city any time soon. We are only over the 3A limit by about 50 students which definately makes us the smallest school in our new district. I look forward to the new chalenges that have been placed before us, but I look at it as an expansion of my interest in football. I will always be interested in 3A football and I will continue to contribute to this site and also to a new 4A down low site if it developes. But over all I dont think there will be a huge change to this site next year due to our new 4A status..
I couldn't agree with you more olddawggreen! Especially when it comes to towns like Burnet, Forney, and all the teams who have moved up or down. I do know of many 4A towns who have some great folks but have horrible posters(66 has a great point on this...). Just the sheer volume of 4A posters could make 3A here seem hard to find. 66 does have a great point there. Now that's the worst case scenario. I'm just playing devil's advocate in that respect.
What is most important to me is that the many friendships I have made here continue regardless of classification. I don't want to see anyone go. I don't even want to see Paintball(ack ack, LOL) go. The friendships here do make this board, too. Goodness, there are too many people who's opinions and insites I would just love to mention, but they are too many. sinton66 was just trying to help 3Adownlow, not start crap about it. I've talked to him and have learned something on my own...
I'm not the only one who posts something here that is taken differently from it's original intent.
olddawggreen, I think we see eye to eye. You have a classy post.

vet93:
Jasperdog and Sinton66...I know that what you said was not meant to intentionally run anyone off but the implications were obvious. Essentially what was being said was that you are welcome to stay but limit your posts to 3a football. This form of censorship to be fair would have to include all non-3a football posts (ie word assoc., what is your occupation, underwater basket weaving, etc...) I don't think that we want to go down that path (I know that I don't). What has made this site great is not that it was exclusively a 3a site, but that it had administrators who were willing to eliminate those people who were abusive and profane and the special people and relationships that have been forged over the past 3 years. While I will always be a 3a guy at heart...that is not the reason that I post here. The reason that I post here is because of so many of the friends that I have on the board including the two of you. I firmly believe that this is a 3a board at heart and it should always be so, but I find it hard to believe that we can't allow our old friends to post about the teams that they support. I still want to know what Matt has to say about Everman and what Chris Hart has to say about Burnet...not because I am a 4a guy but because those two people have made me a fan of their teams by their personalities on this board (I could say the same for my interest in Sinton and Jasper). What makes this board special are quality people and the relationships that we have forged through the years and as long as we are willing to stand up for these ideals the board will not dramatically change. Even if some of our old friends have one more or less "A" by their name. Please don't take this post as being argumentative...just a heartfelt explanation of my opinion. Thanks.
Another great and classy post from vet93.

slpybear the bullfan
02-10-2004, 11:38 PM
Guys,

I think the general gist of what is trying to be said is this...

1.) No one needs to leave. All are welcome to stay and contribute.

2.) During football season, things need to remain as they are... 95% 3A TX HS Football 5% All other football, INCLUDING 4a, 5a, 2a, 1a, College, Pro, and whatever the Ags play in... (just kidding wink )

3.) This board is like 1310 AM KTCK "The Ticket" in D/FW... If all we discussed on here was sports, it would get old quick. Everyone has different tastes regarding what they read and if you don't like a topic just skip it...

I don't mean to presume to interpret for anyone or rationalize anyone's posts. I just wanted to kind of summarize a general feeling and thought that most posters were having on this.

crzyjournalist03
02-11-2004, 12:05 AM
hey 66, just wondering, who will determine who the admins. are on the new board? Choosing administrators could be a somewhat tricky situation...maybe we could take a vote and nominate people somehow? I don't know...just throwing out suggestions.

sinton66
02-11-2004, 12:10 AM
The new board's administrator will do the choosing. I'm not sure what process he will use, but will say he is a current member of this board, so is probably familiar with most of you.

<small>[ February 10, 2004, 11:12 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

Rabbit'93
02-11-2004, 12:16 AM
sinton66:
is probably familiar with most of you.So 3Afan2k3 won't be an Admin. then, right. Whoo that was a close one. wink :p

sinton66
02-11-2004, 12:24 AM
I sort of doubt it. I'm sure he probably already has a few in mind.

JasperDog94
02-11-2004, 11:11 AM
slpybear the bullfan:
Guys,

I think the general gist of what is trying to be said is this...

1.) No one needs to leave. All are welcome to stay and contribute.

2.) During football season, things need to remain as they are... 95% 3A TX HS Football 5% All other football, INCLUDING 4a, 5a, 2a, 1a, College, Pro, and whatever the Ags play in... (just kidding wink )

3.) This board is like 1310 AM KTCK "The Ticket" in D/FW... If all we discussed on here was sports, it would get old quick. Everyone has different tastes regarding what they read and if you don't like a topic just skip it...

I don't mean to presume to interpret for anyone or rationalize anyone's posts. I just wanted to kind of summarize a general feeling and thought that most posters were having on this.I couldn't agree more. Well said. :) :)

slpybear the bullfan
02-11-2004, 10:48 PM
sinton66:
Oh no, you should research the "story" or the underwater basket weaving thread. Things can get really crazy around here in the off-season.Heh.. Heh... thanks '66, sometimes I am afraid my dear Grandpa Steve's legacy will be forgotten...

wink

sinton66
02-11-2004, 11:15 PM
NEVER by this worn out old fogey! :D

Rabbit'93
02-11-2004, 11:32 PM
That thread is a classic. :D

Keith7
02-12-2004, 02:36 AM
I dont care who comes and talks on this board, it would be a pretty boring place with out all the forney and burnet people on here..

it would just be Old Card and Jasper people talking about how WOS and Jasper are gonna whoop everyone in 3A this year

spiveyrat
02-12-2004, 06:21 AM
What Jasper people are talking about how Jasper is going to whoop everyone this year? I'm not seeing it. :rolleyes:

JasperDog94
02-12-2004, 10:23 AM
Keith, relax and enjoy your team's DI trophy. You're too wound up. :p :p

crzyjournalist03
02-12-2004, 02:43 PM
Keith7:
I dont care who comes and talks on this board, it would be a pretty boring place with out all the forney and burnet people on here..

it would just be Old Card and Jasper people talking about how WOS and Jasper are gonna whoop everyone in 3A this yearwow...a compliment to Forney from Keith...my how things have changed over the years :D wink