PDA

View Full Version : Cowboy 2headed monster

Astrosdawg07
11-20-2005, 01:19 PM
Marion Barber and Julius Jones look like they could be a Reggie Bush, Lindel White type combo.

Keith7
11-20-2005, 01:20 PM
except Julius Jones is over rated!!! he averages 3.5 yards per carry

lebron_fan
11-20-2005, 01:21 PM
and i dont think marion or julius will be possibly winning a heisman:D

Keith7
11-20-2005, 01:22 PM
that and I don't think either of them will EVER have 502 total yards in 1 game

Astrosdawg07
11-20-2005, 01:22 PM
ttt....

HighSchool Fan
11-20-2005, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
that and I don't think either of them will EVER have 502 total yards in 1 game

probably not, but with both of them together have never lost to the philly eagles :D

football4life
11-20-2005, 01:24 PM
Hey if it works, then let's roll with it. That was a good looking drive to start the game. 'boys should pound these guys today if they can keep that running game goin.

Keith7
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
probably not, but with both of them together have never lost to the philly eagles :D

brag this year, i'd be proud to havea good team in the year of parody :rolleyes:

wait til next year when the real teams show up

3afan
except Julius Jones is over rated!!! he averages 3.5 yards per carry

who is over rating JJones ?

Keith7
11-20-2005, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
who is over rating JJones ?

Every cowboy fan I have ever met.. oh and this astrodawgs guy comparing him to LenDale white and Reggie Bush.. comeon give me a break

3afan
11-20-2005, 01:26 PM

wait til next year ....

one of a losers' most common thing to say ... along with "but we played with class" or "oh, but they have a lot of heart"

blah :hand:

Keith7
11-20-2005, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
one of a losers' most common thing to say ... along with "but we played with class" or "oh, but they have a lot of heart"

blah :hand:

those are all things i've heard from cowboys fans the last 4 years haha

3afan
Every cowboy fan I have ever met.. oh and this astrodawgs guy comparing him to LenDale white and Reggie Bush.. comeon give me a break

well it is a reach comparing any pro athlete to a college athlete .... its 2 different worlds

rockdale80

Because I am sure that two collegiate running backs are light years ahead of two guys in the pros. Give me a break. The talent levels of the defenses in the pros are way better any defense USC has played this year. So what if Bush put up big numbers against a WAC team that almost beat them.

Keith7
11-20-2005, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
So what if Bush put up big numbers against a WAC team that almost beat them.

you mean the number 15 team in the nation???

oh but wait Vince Young put up good numbers against Rice and Louisiana Laffeyette... lets just forget about those numbers too since those teams play in the WAC and the Sunbelt conference, and will never even dream about being ranked

rockdale80
11-20-2005, 01:35 PM
you mean the number 15 team in the nation???

oh but wait Vince Young put up good numbers against Rice and Louisiana Laffeyette... lets just forget about those numbers too since those teams play in the WAC and the Sunbelt conference, and will never even dream about being ranked

Other than the fact that he has good numbers all season long you make a good point.

Keith7
11-20-2005, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Other than the fact that he has good numbers all season long you make a good point.

Other then the fact that Reggie Bush and LenDale white have good numbers all season, and the crappy WAC team u spoke of is actually pretty good, you had a good point to

rockdale80
11-20-2005, 01:44 PM
Other then the fact that Reggie Bush and LenDale white have good numbers all season, and the crappy WAC team u spoke of is actually pretty good, you had a good point to

The same pretty good team that was supposed to be blown out by the mighty USC Trojans....:rolleyes:

HighSchool Fan
11-20-2005, 01:47 PM
those are all things i've heard from cowboys fans the last 4 years haha

haha, and now all the eagle fans are saying it

GreenMonster
11-20-2005, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
Marion Barber and Julius Jones look like they could be a Reggie Bush, Lindel White type combo.

I was thinking more along the lines of Thurman Thomas and Kenneth Davis. Those 2 were standouts for the Buffalo Bills in their heyday. Thurman was the starter and got most of the carries but Kenneth Davis was no step down when he got to tote the rock. KD is probably best known for being the player that got TCU put on probation in the 80's under Jim Wacker. He was a standout for Temple HS in the early 80's, I believe they won a state title with him.

Astrosdawg07
11-20-2005, 08:51 PM
How did he get them on probation?

Whsdogs
11-20-2005, 09:06 PM
to try and say bush and whit are better than julius and barber is rediculous...first of all wait a few years till they meet in the nfl...2nd its like people were sayin eli manning was goin to be amazing his first year and lead the giants...ummm manning wasnt amazing his first year it took him a year to be "pretty good". Second of all i would take JJ 3.5 yards per rush cause thats a first down in 3 plays and to further vent no one said anything about vicne youngs numbers so no need to try and bash him we are talkin about reggie and white playin a number 15 team in the nation compared to a number 1 team in the nation...fact is you just cant compare numbers from college to pros.

Hupernikomen
11-20-2005, 10:14 PM
I am excited like you are astrodawg. Cowboys at 7-3 is looking good. Could easily be 9-1. I think one of the announcers today brought out a good point about Jamal Lewis not doing very well after his 2000 yard season. Lot of wear and tear on RBs who carry that kind of load. I think the RB by committee approach is working well for Dallas and I hope to see it continue.

rockdale80
11-21-2005, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
I am excited like you are astrodawg. Cowboys at 7-3 is looking good. Could easily be 9-1. I think one of the announcers today brought out a good point about Jamal Lewis not doing very well after his 2000 yard season. Lot of wear and tear on RBs who carry that kind of load. I think the RB by committee approach is working well for Dallas and I hope to see it continue.

I love it. Cowboys are doing well this year. They could very easily be 9-1, or maybe even 10-0. Oh well. Atleast they are showing up to play this year. I do know we can't afford another outing from Bledsoe like we had today.