PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Hill's offense

un b weavable
11-20-2005, 12:47 PM
Does anyone else think it's the most boring thing you've seen in your life? Or is it just me?

3afan
11-20-2005, 12:48 PM
beauty is in the eye of the beholder! ;)

lebron_fan
11-20-2005, 12:54 PM
i dont mean to get ahead of myself but the cuero gobblers are lookin really good right now and could possibly meet up with liberty hill....and what i have heard is liberty hill runs the ball all the time....so all i can say is :eek: cuero defense is too good against the run...they better start workin on another game plan

Bullaholic
11-20-2005, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by un b weavable
Does anyone else think it's the most boring thing you've seen in your life? Or is it just me?

Take a look at the rushing stats put up by that "boring" offense, un b, not to mention their wins. If you have the "horses" and can make "3 yards and a cloud of dust" average 3.4yds a down, every down---you ain't going to lose many. Check the 96' Lewisville Farmer state champ team out---they won the championship and never threw a pass out of the wishbone in the title game. If you can say---"I'm going to run right thru there....try and stop me" and do it successfully, you are going to be able to beat most folks. Boring, maybe---effective the way LH does it?----you bet. BTW--I understand you didn't say anything was wrong or "bad" with the LH offense---just "boring".

Astrosdawg07
11-20-2005, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by lebron_fan
i dont mean to get ahead of myself but the cuero gobblers are lookin really good right now and could possibly meet up with liberty hill....and what i have heard is liberty hill runs the ball all the time....so all i can say is :eek: cuero defense is too good against the run...they better start workin on another game plan

Cocky eh?

ILS1
11-20-2005, 01:12 PM
LH's offense is a beautiful sight to see in motion. You literally have no idea who has the ball,then you look up and a RB is running by you at full speed for a 60-70 yard TD. They have 3 great backs that can take it the distance on each and every play. In the words of I believe Stuart Scott "you can't stop them,you can only hope to contain them'. Good luck Panthers!!

:D

lebron_fan
11-20-2005, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
Cocky eh?

cocky would have been saying Lh sucks and cuero will kill them...

lebron_fan
11-20-2005, 01:20 PM
would like me to lie to everyone and say cuero's defense isnt good against the run and that LH will run all over them??? well that aint happening

HighSchool Fan
11-20-2005, 01:21 PM
would like me to lie to everyone and say cuero's defense isnt good against the run and that LH will run all over them??? well that aint happening

never know, they just might run all over ya. gonna have to wait and find out tho

hornfan
11-20-2005, 01:31 PM
it does not matter how good your run defense is this offense is something totally different LH runs this offense to perfection never seen anyone run it better it is amazing to watch and if you have not seen it take a peek

un b weavable
11-20-2005, 01:33 PM
I know what you mean ISL1. On a majority of the plays i had no idea where the ball was. Its really effective because they run it well, its just SOOO boring to watch. Maybe if they broke a few more long runs it could be exciting, but for the most part in the game yesterday it was 4 yards, 4 yards, 4 yards all the way down the field. Not much fun at all for me to watch.

lebron_fan
11-20-2005, 01:34 PM
yeah thats what i heard...i know we both have games this week but HOPEFULLY we meet up and next weeks game is gonna be awesome...

eagles_victory
11-20-2005, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by hornfan
it does not matter how good your run defense is this offense is something totally different LH runs this offense to perfection never seen anyone run it better it is amazing to watch and if you have not seen it take a peek
It does matter how good the run defense is because LH has been shut down before. Wimberley held them to 9 points not so long ago.

lebron_fan
11-20-2005, 01:36 PM
hey what do u know thats exactly what i was thinking

Jody
11-20-2005, 01:43 PM

I thought the same thing last year until I watched them. Make not mistakes about it, they take small to average group of running backs and run it down everyone's throat. There is no secret that they run the ball most of the time, however fine someone that has stopped it in the past two years. Jasper beat them last year, but they never stopped them. Jasper just scored slightly quicker is all. The problem most teams have with Liberty Hill is they tackle the wrong person 8 out of 10 times. Very Mis-Directional running....to say the least. Wing-T at it's best.

I was so impressed I asked for video to show my football buds.

Astrosdawg07
11-20-2005, 02:26 PM

If this matchup happens I'm willing to make a friendly wager with ya.

schu1213
11-20-2005, 02:28 PM
If this matchup happens it will not even be worth going to. Haha just kidding guys but really, i do think that lh is over rated and cuero is just to fast for them.

pirate4state
11-20-2005, 02:35 PM
would like me to lie to everyone and say cuero's defense isnt good against the run and that LH will run all over them??? well that aint happening of course not rotex, solja and whatever else name you've used....:rolleyes:

44INAROW
11-20-2005, 02:38 PM
Cocky eh?

Please remember, not all of the Cuero posters are not represented by a few :)

LH OffseasonVet
11-20-2005, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by hornfan

I have to agree here, LH has made alot of good run defenses look terrible. The way LH runs its offense is like no other run offense you will see.

For un b weavable, I think it's kinda funny that you find yesterday's game boring, because usually I watch LH avg. maybe 1 first down per possession. Normally, somewhere within 3-4 snaps someone breaks loose and here comes another touchdown. I would have really enjoyed seeing a team that makes us take a few extra snaps before the touchdown.

schu1213
11-20-2005, 02:47 PM
This so called amazing lh offense had trouble beating a pretty bad needville team.

HighSchool Fan
11-20-2005, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by schu1213
This so called amazing lh offense had trouble beating a pretty bad needville team.

scoring 34 points isn't to bad

gobbler grad
11-20-2005, 02:48 PM
these guys just like to see a little passing mixed up in there, that's all...sure they pound the ball up and down the field all day, but they only run about 6 plays all day long...just don't see that type of offense (wing T) that often until the playoffs...

Gobbler Fan
11-20-2005, 02:52 PM
LH OffseasonVet ---- did you take in the Cuero-Llano game ? I know you said you were going to go see Cuero play Llano . What were youre thought's ?

LH run's the same offense that Llano ran but just a little quicker from what I understand . Should be an interesting game should it happen .

big daddy russ
11-20-2005, 02:56 PM
If I was a LH fan I know it'd be gutwrenching to watch my team run the ball on a 3rd and long. Seems to work for them, though.

big daddy russ
11-20-2005, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by schu1213
schu, I thought that Needville team was alright. Definitely not a Cuero-level team, but that was a pretty good defense that LH hung 34 on. Their DB's couldn't seem to tackle anything, but other than that they were solid. If their RB could've held on to the ball, it would've probably been closer.

Astrosdawg07
11-20-2005, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Please remember, not all of the Cuero posters are not represented by a few :)

44 I know your a class act, Lebronfan is the one I was reffering to noone else.

gobbler grad
11-20-2005, 03:04 PM
have to say that the LH offense won that game yesterday...their defense did not play 4 full qtrs. even though they did stop them towards end of game when Needville should have tied it up...but then in no time, # 12 was gone again and scored...it should be a good match-up this week for LH...good luck to both teams...

Astrosdawg07
11-20-2005, 03:08 PM
Gobbler, how come yall are D2 this year?

schu1213
11-20-2005, 03:43 PM
Yeah maybe they are alright but im just saying from what i hear about lh they should have blown them out of the water. How many statrets did lh lose from last years team?

LH OffseasonVet
11-20-2005, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
LH OffseasonVet ---- did you take in the Cuero-Llano game ? I know you said you were going to go see Cuero play Llano . What were youre thought's ?

LH run's the same offense that Llano ran but just a little quicker from what I understand . Should be an interesting game should it happen .

Unfortunately, I didn't arrive until late in the 2nd, but the adjustments Llano made in the second half seemed to help, although I know a big part of that was Coach Reeves calling the dogs off. What I saw that worked for Llano was hard hits on both sides of the ball, several times I saw Llano's RB push through a Cuero defender to get 2-3 more yards. Llano couldn't get the ball to the outside for any yards, LH will be able to, but not for as many yards as the offense is used to seeing on that kinda play. In the second half Llano refused to let Cuero get the big yards, but Cuero was not passing anymore either. There is good news and bad news I have for LH after seeing this game:

The bad news:
1.- Cuero's defense is very disciplined, which in my opinion is what it takes to stop/slow the Slot-T.
2.- Cuero is fast enough to prevent massive gains by an LH run.

The good news:
1.- LH still knows how to drive the length of the field, from what I've heard they proved that this past game.
2.- Cuero is not Wimberley. Cuero won't end up with the field position after kickoff that Wimberley had.
3.- LH has a 4-headed monster, Llano had Pope. LH runs this offense to perfection with multiple threats behind the QB. Llano still hasn't perfected this offense, they've still got work to do with their line and finding more threats than just Pope.

The unknown:
1.- How will LH do against the pass? They've done both well and poorly, I think the answer will come after the Devine game. Personally I think it comes down to interceptions, I don't think LH can fully cover against Cuero's pass, LH must convince Cuero to quit passing with a couple interceptions.

2.- Can Cuero's defense keep the LH offense off the field and wear down the LH defense? This was one of the key reasons Wimberley won the LH game, the LH defense limited Wimberley to 1 touchdown in the first 3 quarters, by the fourth the defense was shot and Wimberley scored twice.

schu1213
11-20-2005, 03:54 PM
Me and a group of guys were talking about the Cuero team this year last night and we all agreed on one thing. This years team can score from anywhere on the field at any time. Their offense is so much more explosive this year than last. They can put points up very quickly. This can be a great thing but against a team like lh it can also work against them. If lh chews up the clock and can put some long drives together, that cuero defense will be on the field for a long time. This should be interesting to watch but too bad its still two weeks away.

Ranger Mom
11-20-2005, 03:56 PM
Ahhhh......."homer" posts at their finest!!:D :D

3afan
11-20-2005, 03:57 PM
cuero & LH dont even play this week ...

Astrosdawg07
11-20-2005, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Ahhhh......."homer" posts at their finest!!:D :D

Cheah...

gobbler grad
11-20-2005, 04:07 PM
Gobbler, how come yall are D2 this year?

Gonzales is a much bigger school than us...so they were in ...nothing we could do about it...

LH Panther Mom
11-20-2005, 04:17 PM
I know what you mean ISL1. On a majority of the plays i had no idea where the ball was. Its really effective because they run it well, its just SOOO boring to watch. Maybe if they broke a few more long runs it could be exciting, but for the most part in the game yesterday it was 4 yards, 4 yards, 4 yards all the way down the field. Not much fun at all for me to watch.

I can certainly understand why you'd find it boring. Most games we have had several very long runs, credit to the Needville defense for being able to stop all but a couple of the big ones.

Originally posted by big daddy russ
If I was a LH fan I know it'd be gutwrenching to watch my team run the ball on a 3rd and long. Seems to work for them, though.

I heard you say something about that yesterday. :D Actually, once you've watched the team play a couple of times, 3rd and long with a running play doesn't bother anyone but our few armchair coaches. (Thank goodness I haven't had to sit remotely close to that ONE guy except for one game.)

I've heard it's "boring" for years and most people either love to watch it or can't stand it because they think that. It works great for the type of athletes we have and because it has won us many games over the past years, I'll always be a fan of the offense. :)

LHMom
11-20-2005, 06:44 PM
I've watched every game for 5 seasons now. Boring it is not. Either way has got to be very frustrating for a defense. Big plays or 4 yards, 4 yards, & 4 yards.

lebron_fan
11-20-2005, 06:48 PM
must have been frustrating when yall couldnt do it against wimberley's defense huh?

LH Panther Mom
11-20-2005, 06:51 PM
must have been frustrating when yall couldnt do it against wimberley's defense huh?

Well, it was a dogfight until the last 9 minutes of the game when our defense was just worn out. Sure, we would've loved the win, but we didn't get it. We led the game for over 3 quarters.

LHMom
11-20-2005, 06:52 PM
Sure was. And we didn't have our leading rusher in the game that night.

Wimberley has a great defense, but this thread wasn't about them.

LH Panther Mom
11-20-2005, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by LHMom
Wimberley has a great defense, but this thread wasn't about them.
:clap: :clap:

lebron_fan
11-20-2005, 06:53 PM
lol:clap:

LH OffseasonVet
11-20-2005, 07:03 PM
Thanks for pointing that out LHPM, I think even Wimberley fans would tell you how close that game was, I honestly think that Wimberley is the overall better team, but LH is right on their heals and anyone at that game can vouch for me. Along with that I will predict that no one will (or can) hold LH to 9 pts. short of Wimberley.

lebron_fan
11-20-2005, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by LH OffseasonVet
Thanks for pointing that out LHPM, I think even Wimberley fans would tell you how close that game was, I honestly think that Wimberley is the overall better team, but LH is right on their heals and anyone at that game can vouch for me. Along with that I will predict that no one will (or can) hold LH to 9 pts. short of Wimberley.

a little cocky arent we?????:thinking:

LH OffseasonVet
11-20-2005, 07:20 PM
Cocky? Maybe a little, but mostly impressed with Wimberley and confident in an offense I've watched for 5 yrs. , I really don't think that anyone could do as well as they did against us, and not making excuses for a loss but our leading rusher being out had to have effected our offensive strength. I don't know if Wimberley is the best defense in 3a, but I believe they are the only defense that can slow down the LH offense that much. Maybe I'm wrong, only time will tell.

GreenMonster
11-20-2005, 07:21 PM

In the end, all that matters is who won the game. I like those kind of games. That's play-off football. Control the line of scrimmage and the clock. If you can do it and get a little lead it tends to take your opponent out of their game plan and makes them feel rushed, like they have no choice but to try to score on quick drives because they know they will only get the ball so many more times.

YBS
11-20-2005, 07:31 PM
Jasper played LH last year and I thought that they did a great job of creating space for their runners with their scheme. Most people would've argued that we had more overall team speed than them last year, but they DARN near pulled the thing out in the end because our guys ran out of gas chasing them all over the field...many also had to play both ways but that's not LH's fault:rolleyes: If they'd have had 2 more minutes last year that game would've gone into OT. That offense works great for them and I like how committed their players are to it.

schu1213
11-20-2005, 07:40 PM
Yeah nobody can hold lh to 9 points besides wimberly. What a stupid comment to make. YOu have got to be out of your mind to say something like that.

LH OffseasonVet
11-20-2005, 08:17 PM
Don't take that to mean that I think LH is unbeatable or that nobody else can slow that offense, but going back through 2003 the next lowest scores for LH are 21, 23, and 27. LH is far from unbeatable, but I think most any team will need 20+ pts. to win.

HighSchool Fan
11-20-2005, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by LH OffseasonVet
Along with that I will predict that no one will (or can) hold LH to 9 pts. short of Wimberley.

i can think of another team that might could. they only give up 4.8 points a game on defense.

smustangs
11-20-2005, 08:29 PM
boring or not if they are winning it dosent really matter there getting the job done

LH OffseasonVet
11-20-2005, 08:29 PM
HSF-
I thought about some other teams, Gainesville, Dallas Madison, Cuero, A. Wylie. They all have a good chance at holding LH, but (my opinion) I don't think they would keep LH under 10, under 20 is a different story, I can swallow that. Unfortunately, LH and Gainesville will not be seeing each other, and we still don't have a satisfactory answer.

(This is a great way to up a post count, many thanks lebron_fan and schu1213, I've really enjoyed it)

Hupernikomen
11-20-2005, 10:31 PM

You probably get to see a whole bunch of it really soon. I bet your coaches would rather they ran a different offense. Very tough to prepare for an offense that had that many weapons and options.

Tx Challenge
11-20-2005, 11:08 PM
This is funny to me. Nobody from LH gets on here and says that LH can "beat" anybody. I have been following them for about 5 years and they always create havoc for the defense. The coaching staff runs the offense that works for them The program under coach Vance is a winning program. How far will they go? Time will tell. But for anyone to say that it is boring or that they are over rated doesnt know what they are talking about. How do you win as many games as they do playing the teams they play. 27aaa is not that easy of a district. The losses LH has this year is to 4a Burnet and a very good Wimberley team Boring or not, I will always support the Panthers and coach Vance. I have had a kid go thru the program and do well I hope that Vance and Co. stay around with the same "boring" offense for my next one to go thru

Specklebelly
11-20-2005, 11:56 PM
You know you're good when people start worrying how aesthetically pleasing your offense that averages over 40 a game is to watch. Amazing. Im sure all those wins this team is piling up isn't boring. Its going to take a REAL strong defensive performance from someone to knock this team off. Good luck Liberty Hill. Some of us think your offense is a thing of beauty.

Gobbla2001
11-21-2005, 11:29 AM
It is a very interesting offense to watch I think, the ball's all over the place, and when you find it, it may be too late...

Y'all may be right, may be no way Cuero can hold LH to 9 points as Wimberly did in district this season, but the two defenses are different... Cuero's defense is actually set up for stopping the misdirectional offenses along with spreads, kinda a combo package I guess you could say...

LH is gunna get yards on you, it is gunna happen, but the defense's can't let it bother 'em, and luckily one of our defense's best qualities this year is focussing on the next series, not what just happened in the previous one...

What worries me about Cuero's D going against LH is that we're 'too' fast, LH's offense can turn one of our best weapons into our worst enemy, Cuero would have to worry about over-pursuing runners etc... a lot easier to do when you are faster...

However, next week Devine and Ingleside can be playing, but it is an interesting subject to discuss...

But Cuero's offense isn't half bad themselves, 42 points, 21 first downs and 457 yards of offense in the first half last week, average 200+ rushing and 200+ yards passing a game on the year, had 270 passing and 269 rushing this past Friday night... I'd take being able to run and pass over being able to run, that is what killed Cuero in the semi's and finals during the 90's, everyone could focus on stopping the option, didn't have to worry about pass defense against Cuero...

WORM
11-21-2005, 12:53 PM
i think discipline is a big key to stopping a very good lh offense! you have to have guys that stay on their assingments much like wimberley did! i also think lh throws the ball better and more often than they did in past seasons which creates more problems!the lh wimberley game lh didn't throw the ball as well as their capable of, now was that a bad game by their qb or a credit to the defense, i don't know! lh has a very good tight end which they like to throw to and he will go get it! i hope both teams win and to set up a lh cuero match up cause it would be a good one!nothing against llano, they run the same offense but nearly as precise or with the same fire power!

GreenGobbla
11-21-2005, 02:35 PM

well said...and ur right, they need to come up with something else besides running the ball everytime, but im not sure if passing is going to help, becuz that cuero secondary is too cold....