PDA

View Full Version : monahans vs bridgeport

Wtx_coach
11-20-2005, 11:01 AM
a scary bull offense , this one outta be a good one, does anyone know where it is going to be played at. it will be a toss up at this level of play

Ranger Mom
11-20-2005, 11:08 AM
I thought I had read Sweetwater somewhere!

VWG
11-20-2005, 11:16 AM
Bridgeport puts up a ton of points.... problem is their defense does also.
If Monahans can take the lead and keep Bridgeport's potent offense in check then Monahans can walk away with this one. Monahans can score on the Bulls, and should score at least 21 to 28 pts.
Bridgeport needs to get the ball to Colin Jones, period. The kid is a stud and as long as they utilize him to full potential it will be a tough task for Monahans to stop.
Again though, I think it will be down to stopping each others offense. Bridgeport all year long has given up a ton of points.

Bullaholic
11-20-2005, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by VWG
Bridgeport puts up a ton of points.... problem is their defense does also.
If Monahans can take the lead and keep Bridgeport's potent offense in check then Monahans can walk away with this one. Monahans can score on the Bulls, and should score at least 21 to 28 pts.
Bridgeport needs to get the ball to Colin Jones, period. The kid is a stud and as long as they utilize him to full potential it will be a tough task for Monahans to stop.
Again though, I think it will be down to stopping each others offense. Bridgeport all year long has given up a ton of points.

An accurate analysis, VWG. The biggest difference is the growing confidence level of the Bulls. They now know that they have the weapons to beat anybody (not cockiness-but confidence) no matter the score. The Bull "D" still yields a lot of points, but they seem to be "rising" to the occasion in critical situations. Yes, Colin Jones is a very "special" player who can score on any play, but he is supported by a lot of kids who are doing a better and better job each game. It has been really great to watch these kids "grow". I don't know anything about Monahans except that they are a good, sound team that doesn't lose many games. I hope to learn from some of the Monahans fans about their team's personality and makeup as we approach the game. I hope the Bulls will matchup well---it has always been to our advantage to play any team who has not faced our "O". We will not take Monahans lightly.

Wtx_coach
11-20-2005, 12:03 PM
when and where does anyone know

loboes86
11-20-2005, 12:53 PM
Monahans plays Bridgeport at Sweetwater Mustang Bowl on Sat. at 6:00, Good Luck to both teams. Go Monahans Loboes!:clap:

WTF-82
11-21-2005, 08:56 AM
Man dont you just love it a big time SHOWDOWN FOR THE HOLIDAYS ON THANKSGIVING WEEKEND THIS IS WHAT YOU PLAY FOR IT AT TO BE LOTS OF FUN GO LOBOES.

garciap77
11-21-2005, 09:04 AM
Go loboes. I'am on your side this week, But if both Monahans and Sweetwater, I'll be on Sweetwater's side have to go with our dist. Beat Bridgeport.

vet93
11-21-2005, 10:19 AM
Bullaholic...Coach Owens at Monahans runs a smash mouthed version of the Wing T that emphasizes the fullback. Not quite the same version that Kennedale runs which is more running back oriented. He will also mix in the pass at opportune moments but if given the choice he is a run first guy. He has a couple of backs that can tote the mail...the most prolific is Graves. They are very big up front and can line up and run over you. They tend to get stronger as the game progresses because that big line tends to lean on you pretty good. There defense is good but not spectacular. Bridgeport should be able to score some points. Seminole Scored 20-something points running the spread against them.....of course they gave up 60-something. Bridgeport has a much more potent attack than Seminole...so it should be interesting. The key to the game will likely be Monahans' ability to control the ball. If they can sustain long drives, score and keep Bridgeport's offense of the field, then it could be a long night for Bridgeport. On the other hand....if Bridgeport can turn it into a shootout then it is anyone's ballgame.

Originally posted by Bullaholic
An accurate analysis, VWG. The biggest difference is the growing confidence level of the Bulls. They now know that they have the weapons to beat anybody (not cockiness-but confidence) no matter the score. The Bull "D" still yields a lot of points, but they seem to be "rising" to the occasion in critical situations. Yes, Colin Jones is a very "special" player who can score on any play, but he is supported by a lot of kids who are doing a better and better job each game. It has been really great to watch these kids "grow". I don't know anything about Monahans except that they are a good, sound team that doesn't lose many games. I hope to learn from some of the Monahans fans about their team's personality and makeup as we approach the game. I hope the Bulls will matchup well---it has always been to our advantage to play any team who has not faced our "O". We will not take Monahans lightly.

zeus63
11-21-2005, 10:19 AM
Loboes take this one in a close matchup. 28-20.

zeus63
11-21-2005, 10:21 AM
Vet93. Don't know where you got your info, but the score to the Monahans/Seminole game was 62-13 in favor of Monahans.

WitchyWoman
11-21-2005, 10:23 AM
Go Loboes.... Good Luck!

vet93
11-21-2005, 10:27 AM
Sorry Zues....I was going off of memory and thought that Seminole scored more points than that...my bad for not looking up the score.

Originally posted by zeus63
Vet93. Don't know where you got your info, but the score to the Monahans/Seminole game was 62-13 in favor of Monahans.

Bullaholic
11-21-2005, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by vet93
Bullaholic...Coach Owens at Monahans runs a smash mouthed version of the Wing T that emphasizes the fullback. Not quite the same version that Kennedale runs which is more running back oriented. He will also mix in the pass at opportune moments but if given the choice he is a run first guy. He has a couple of backs that can tote the mail...the most prolific is Graves. They are very big up front and can line up and run over you. They tend to get stronger as the game progresses because that big line tends to lean on you pretty good. There defense is good but not spectacular. Bridgeport should be able to score some points. Seminole Scored 20-something points running the spread against them.....of course they gave up 60-something. Bridgeport has a much more potent attack than Seminole...so it should be interesting. The key to the game will likely be Monahans' ability to control the ball. If they can sustain long drives, score and keep Bridgeport's offense of the field, then it could be a long night for Bridgeport. On the other hand....if Bridgeport can turn it into a shootout then it is anyone's ballgame.

Thanks for that Monahans profile, Vet93....they sound similar to Breckenridge, who we faced last week. Again, I can't guarantee a win by the Bulls, but I can guarantee that the Bulls are "entertaining" for any spectator to watch.

Ranger Mom
11-21-2005, 10:53 AM
Our newspaper said that Crane VS. Idalou is being played in Sweetwater too on Saturday.

Anyone know anything about that?

zeus63
11-21-2005, 10:56 AM
Yes, I think I heard they are playing at noon. Not just real sure about that tho.

mustang68
11-21-2005, 11:06 AM
I am checking with the Chamber of Commerce at lunch. Will let everyone know for sure shortly after.
Last I heard we hav:
7:00 Fri. Coleman/ Childress
2:00 Sat. Crane/Idalou
6:00 Sat. Monahans/Bridgeport

Bullaholic
11-21-2005, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Our newspaper said that Crane VS. Idalou is being played in Sweetwater too on Saturday.

Anyone know anything about that?

RM....Heard a few minutes ago that they were considering moving the Bridgeport/Monahans game back to 7:00, but then word came in that the earlier scheduled game had been moved, and so game time for Bridgeport/Monahans remains at 6:00. Will advise if I hear differently.

Ranger Mom
11-21-2005, 11:15 AM
If my husband can scoot home early that day, we may have to run to Sweetwater early and catch that Crane game....that is his alma mater!

vet93
11-21-2005, 11:17 AM
Crane is salty this year....have a chance to win the region! And....they are very young...will be a force for the next few years.

If my husband can scoot home early that day, we may have to run to Sweetwater early and catch that Crane game....that is his alma mater!

zeus63
11-21-2005, 11:24 AM
Yeah, I've seen them play too. Doege's son is an awesome athlete.

crashanddash79
11-21-2005, 11:25 AM
Loboes take this one in a close matchup. 28-20.

don't think the Loboes can hold the Bulls to 20

zeus63
11-21-2005, 11:27 AM
dont' be too sure. I've seen Bridgeport play on several occassions and while they are good, don't think they are that good. Also, looking at thier defense. They better be ok with teams being able to put points on the board against them, because it is definitely going to happen against Monahans.

WTF-82
11-21-2005, 11:45 AM
Monahans has gave up points in 4rth after the win in hand defense is good ask the lobo opponents

mustang68
11-21-2005, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by ***-82
Monahans has gave up points in 4rth after the win in hand defense is good ask the lobo opponents

Could someone translate this for me?

zeus63
11-21-2005, 12:04 PM
he is saying some of the points scored on the Loboes have been after the 2nd stringers were put in after the win was assured. Coach Owens has really done a great job ensuring that everyone is getting a chance to play and also ensuring that the players next year have at least a little bit of varsity playing experience.

Bullaholic
11-21-2005, 12:49 PM

You better stick around for the real "show", RM, the Bridgeport/Monahans game---hope you can, I'd like to see you there.

sweetwater07
11-21-2005, 01:46 PM
i think that bridgeport will pull the upset....i know monahans is a good team but i don;t see them as being too awfully strong......think we will run all over them if we play...but i don't mean any disrespect......please don't harp me too bad!!:( :(

DaHop72
11-21-2005, 01:49 PM
Don't underestimate Monohans, 07 they are a very rounded team. Snyder stopped the run early so they went to the air. Became pretty balanced after that. They played a very good football game.

zeus63
11-21-2005, 01:53 PM
Agreed DaHop. However, being a Monahans fan I am going to side with the Loboes, but after seeing Sweetwater I would have to say if these two teams were to play Monahans secondary would have to stiffen up considerably to handle the Mustangs speed.

sweetwater07
11-21-2005, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Don't underestimate Monohans, 07 they are a very rounded team. Snyder stopped the run early so they went to the air. Became pretty balanced after that. They played a very good football game.

i was shocked to see monahans on the winning side of that game as i'm sure you were also......you gonna be at our game in stephenville this week dahop??

DaHop72
11-21-2005, 01:55 PM
Agreed DaHop. However, being a Monahans fan I am going to side with the Loboes, but after seeing Sweetwater I would have to say if these two teams were to play Monahans secondary would have to stiffen up considerably to handle the Mustangs speed.
Agreed zeus but unless someone puts pressure on your quarterback, he'll make it a long night for their secondary.

zeus63
11-21-2005, 01:59 PM
Very true. Also, size will be a definite factor in that matchup. Monahans has it all over; Sweetwater has it in some places. I don't think Sweetwater will be able to stop the Loboes running game (assuming they get to play.) Same for Bridgeport, their defense is very lacking (good thing their offense isn't tho, that running back they have is awesome.)

sweetwater07
11-21-2005, 02:01 PM
Very true. Also, size will be a definite factor in that matchup. Monahans has it all over; Sweetwater has it in some places. I don't think Sweetwater will be able to stop the Loboes running game (assuming they get to play.) Same for Bridgeport, their defense is very lacking (good thing their offense isn't tho, that running back they have is awesome.)

if you are underestimating our run defense you are sadly mistaken......this is our greatest asset!!

zeus63
11-21-2005, 02:04 PM
Not underestimating at all. Sweetwater's defense is very good. But, Monahans running attack is also very good.

slpybear the bullfan
11-22-2005, 11:57 PM
Good analysis by everyone and looking forward to a great game!

Thoughts...

Bridgeport has had a few good defensive games, but the score will show special teams breakdowns and 2nd stringer scores and it doesn't look as good. However, we have trouble stopping the good teams. The Bulls have seen several great running teams... Kennedale, etc. The defense allowed yards and points but kept it close enough.

We went through a very tough predistrict where it turns out all 5 teams wound up playing postseason ball.

The good news is that our Offense is pretty good. We get a lot of respect for the RB, (Jones, committ to TCU), but our passing game is more potent IMHO.

I don't know much about Monahans, but would be suprised from reviewing schedule and posts if the Bulls aren't able to move and score. I believe in the end it will come down to the question that Bulls fans always ask... Will the Defense keep the offense in the game?

We will have to wait and see...

Good luck to both teams!!!! See ya Saturday...

slpybear

ps - this season is bringing back memories to Lots of Bull fans to the 2001 playoff run... we took a little 5-5 underdog and beat... Hillsboro, Ballinger, Crane, Kennedale, and the lost to Commerce who won state the next week. It was an exciting run. Hope this year's is too!

Stang4life5_5
11-23-2005, 01:49 AM
Ah just to let everyone in on a stat....Sweetwater is in the top 5 in run defense, and monahans is in top ten for offense, so either way thatll be a good one....but bridgeport will be a very big win if monahans gets it

donjuan
11-23-2005, 06:11 PM
THe Loboes finished #2 or #3 in the Permian Basin for 1A through 5A teams in total defense. They play great defense. THeir defense saved them in a lot of early games where there was lots of turnovers. The Loboes offense is good at the run. Two good backs who can run and an underrated qb who has a good arm. The loboes special teams are real good this year. Go Lobos!