PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Thanksgiving Food

shankbear
11-20-2005, 10:23 AM
List your 2 favorite foods usually served at Thankgiving. Give a reason why you are extra thankful this year.

lostaussie
11-20-2005, 10:30 AM
turkey titty and brocalli casserole. thankful that i got to see one of the most exciting high school football games ever played in the state of texas friday night. not thankful that we lost, but hey, its not the end of the world. also thankful for the downlow. great place to hang out. i have got to know alot about the schools represented on here. not just by posting, but by doing lots of reading. i probably read the forums for a year and a half before ever signing up.

Ranger Mom
11-20-2005, 10:33 AM
Dressing and homemade chocolate pie! YUMMYYYYYY

I am thankful for a happy healthy family and good friends (lots of which I have made right here)!!

KingRob
11-20-2005, 10:38 AM
2 favorite dishes would have to be the stuffing with gravy and pumpkin pie with whipped cream on top (yummy!).

Thankful for my beautiful wife, great son, and our new home!!:) :inlove: :D

sinton66
11-20-2005, 11:17 AM
Deep fried Turkey and Pecan pie. Thankful for a long life thus far, a great first family, and a pretty darn good second family from the 'low.;)

shankbear
11-20-2005, 11:49 AM
Cornbread dressing and lemon icebox pie are my favorites. I am thankful for our country and for the sound of the roofing crew on top of my house as I type, fixing the Rita mess.

gobbler grad
11-20-2005, 12:15 PM
Deep fried Gobbler and some Peach Cobbler...don't get any better than this...:D

wos fan1
11-20-2005, 12:15 PM
Smoked Gobbler and Cheesecake!!

Astrosdawg07
11-20-2005, 01:03 PM
Cornbred dressing.

lepfan
11-20-2005, 01:51 PM
turkey and cornbread dressing -- I am thankful for my family's health :)

44INAROW
11-20-2005, 02:22 PM
<------------ loves fried turkey and my mother's dressing along with sweet rice and for dessert - Barbara Mandell dessert aka Better than Sex Cake.......
I am thankful that my family is healthy, we have great friends and the freedom and means to enjoy them all :)

LH OffseasonVet
11-20-2005, 02:26 PM
Pumpkin pie and a special my mom makes- green beans wrapped in bacon with melted butter and brown sugar poured over top. Right now, I'm thankful for a football team that gives me something to do during the boring hours of the day.

HillBoy
11-20-2005, 02:51 PM
Got to love that fried turkey and pumpkin pie. And I am always thankful for another good Eagles season. As well as being thankful for my friends and family.

big daddy russ
11-20-2005, 03:20 PM
Candied yams, buttermilk pie, pecan pie and turkey. And I'm thankful for Eva Longoria, Farrah Fawcett, Amy Acuff, Lou Diamond Phillips, Gene Upshaw, Raymond Berry, Don Williams, and the area in which they were born.

(Raymond Berry lived most of his life in Paris, TX, but spent the first part in another magical land far, far away)

3afan
11-20-2005, 03:21 PM
turkey & green bean cassarole

big daddy russ
11-20-2005, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Candied yams, buttermilk pie, pecan pie and turkey. And I'm thankful for Eva Longoria, Farrah Fawcett, Amy Acuff, Lou Diamond Phillips, Gene Upshaw, Raymond Berry, Don Williams, and the area in which they were born.

(Raymond Berry lived most of his life in Paris, TX, but spent the first part in another magical land far, far away)
...and I'm also thankful for Auburn winning both the Iron Bowl and Deep South's Oldest Rivalry.

I Bleed Red08
11-20-2005, 04:51 PM
I'm odd but Steak and Brisquet and I'm thankful for my family

lostaussie
11-20-2005, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by I Bleed Red08
I'm odd but Steak and Brisquet and I'm thankful for my family beef...........it's whats for dinner.

District303aPastPlayer
11-20-2005, 05:47 PM
Stove Top Stuffing :D
and Some good ole Peach Cobbler

I am thankful that i am alive and i am a Texan

TAMUGRAD
11-20-2005, 06:51 PM
Cornbread dressing heavily seasoned with celery, onions, and sage, covered in gravy, and green been cassarole (a close third is my aunt's fresh cranberry salad, it is almost like a dessert it is so yummy)

sorry reading about all this food made me hungry couldn't limit it to just two choices

Go Mean Green!!!! Thankful that my son is playing with a wonderful coaching staff learning way more than football, and the opportunity to still be playing football Thanksgiving Week. Go Mean Green