PDA

View Full Version : 30-3A Next Year

sinfan75
11-20-2005, 10:11 AM
This district will be the strongest it's been in years. Should make for some pretty exciting district match-ups. Ingleside could be the odds on favorite to end Sintons rein as district champs and its district winning streak. But don't count out the Pirates. Sinton could be just as good if not better than this year.Mathis should be alot better. And if West Oso comesa back to the district and Odem moves back into 3A It'll be really interesting.

sinton66
11-20-2005, 10:15 AM
I think if the numbers stay the same, Odem should be back this next year. They're building new houses over here like crazy. One new subdivision almost complete and another already started. I agree that Ingleside should come in as the favorite next year, but like you, wouldn't count Sinton out just yet.

big daddy russ
11-20-2005, 02:53 PM
Ingleside returns a lot and should be a good team next year, but they don't have the program yet. Sinton has a program in place where they just reload every year and the kids that are on the field, no matter how much talent or lack therof, know exactly what to do and what is expected of them. I think that top spot on the district previews should be reserved for Sinton until someone takes it from them.

Astrosdawg07
11-20-2005, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
This district will be the strongest it's been in years. Should make for some pretty exciting district match-ups. Ingleside could be the odds on favorite to end Sintons rein as district champs and its district winning streak. But don't count out the Pirates. Sinton could be just as good if not better than this year.Mathis should be alot better. And if West Oso comesa back to the district and Odem moves back into 3A It'll be really interesting.

How is Sinton doing in the playoffs this year?

3afan
11-20-2005, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
How is Sinton doing in the playoffs this year?

:doh:

Astrosdawg07
11-20-2005, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
:doh: :confused:

3afan
11-20-2005, 03:19 PM
Sinton lost in the first round ...

maroonpirate04
11-20-2005, 10:34 PM
Can't wait til 2006 looking forward to it. The Pirates will be ready to keep its Treasure for another year. I'm sure they are set to finish where they left off in '05 their main goal STATE. Counting the days already :) It will be pretty interesting in 30-3A. When it comes to district everyone wants to knock off Sinton from its throne. But the Pirates will put up a fight:)

piratebg
11-22-2005, 06:05 AM
Don't know about Sinton next year. They are losing a lot of key players on both sides of the ball. Right now, I would say 30-3A will go to Ingleside next year. I heard a rumor that Mitchell is leaving at the end of the school year. Anyone else hear the same thing? Odem coming back would be great. This district needs another team, and the Owls would be a great addition.... or re-addition. Regardless, if Sinton wants to hold on to the district title, they are going to really have to work for it next year. I think next year they will be rebuilding as opposed to reloading.

sinfan75
11-22-2005, 06:13 AM
I ain't heard nothing about that. I think he's a damn good HC. Hate to see him go if it's true. Now some of his asst.'s that's another story.

SINTON81
11-22-2005, 09:16 AM
I ain't heard nothing about that. I think he's a damn good HC. Hate to see him go if it's true. Now some of his asst.'s that's another story.

I agree Sinfan, I hope Mitchell stays. I hope Mitchell hangs around for atleast another 5 yrs. He has a son in the 7th grade that is as big and strong as some of the varsity players. He is one heck of a linebacker. I believe he will make allstate in the future. I just hope it is in Sinton. Anybody who has seen him play knows what I'm talking about. As for the OC, well lets just say I'll be glad to help him pack.:D:D

AP Panther Fan
11-22-2005, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by SINTON81
As for the OC, well lets just say I'll be glad to help him pack.:D:D

When you finish with the one from Sinton, do you think you could run on over to AP and help me pack up ours?:rolleyes: :cool:

Johnny Utah
11-22-2005, 10:20 AM
Coach Bashers, got a love em!!! I bet you are the first ones in line when these schools win, and the ones in the stands that bash the coaches when these schools lose!!! Showing your true colors. I bet if you walked for just one day in these coaches shoes, you would have a new perspective on all of this!!! Just my opinion.

AP Panther Fan
11-22-2005, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Coach Bashers, got a love em!!! I bet you are the first ones in line when these schools win, and the ones in the stands that bash the coaches when these schools lose!!! Showing your true colors. I bet if you walked for just one day in these coaches shoes, you would have a new perspective on all of this!!! Just my opinion.

Not really...I like to give credit where it is due. Believe it or not, not all parents and fans in the stands are stupid. When you see something doesn't work 20 times in a row....why keep doing it? It is infuriating to watch...not only in one game, but about 6 or 7 in a row.

Unless you have seen our team and our play calling, don't call me a coach basher...I am actually quite the opposite. It is "OUR" kids that are on the field. JMHO!

Stretch04
11-22-2005, 10:34 AM

You go. Those people don't know their butt from a hole in the ground. Those people need to stay at home. Kids don't need people like that supporting them:clap:

Stretch04
11-22-2005, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Not really...I like to give credit where it is due. Believe it or not, not all parents and fans in the stands are stupid. When you see something doesn't work 20 times in a row....why keep doing it? It is infuriating to watch...not only in one game, but about 6 or 7 in a row.

Unless you have seen our team and our play calling, don't call me a coach basher...I am actually quite the opposite. It is "OUR" kids that are on the field. JMHO!

Chances are it is not the same thing 20 times in a row. That goes to show you have no clue what is going on. Maybe if you would have provided better genetics those coaches would have something better to work with.

3afan
11-22-2005, 10:39 AM
:eek: yikes ... very low blow

AP Panther Fan
11-22-2005, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Stretch04
You go. Those people don't know their butt from a hole in the ground. Those people need to stay at home. Kids don't need people like that supporting them:clap:

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, however ridiculous it is. :rolleyes: :nerd:

AP Panther Fan
11-22-2005, 10:45 AM
Chances are it is not the same thing 20 times in a row. That goes to show you have no clue what is going on. Maybe if you would have provided better genetics those coaches would have something better to work with.

I hope YOU don't have anything to do with children...maybe you can explain to any kid that their parents genetics is what is causing problems for a program and their level of skill individually.

:mad:

And by the way....it is the same play...I DO know that much!

Stretch04
11-22-2005, 10:56 AM
I hope YOU don't have anything to do with children...maybe you can explain to any kid that their parents genetics is what is causing problems for a program and their level of skill individually.

:mad:

And by the way....it is the same play...I DO know that much! (Doubt it)

Not involved in public education because of people like you.

AP Panther Fan
11-22-2005, 11:01 AM
(Doubt it)

Not involved in public education because of people like you.

Well this is the first good news I have heard today....I hope it stays that way!:D

Happy Thanksgiving!:D

Hannibal
11-22-2005, 11:09 AM
I have coached her son and can honestly tell you that he has some of the best genetics in the town: 3 year varsity starter at QB and 3 year varsity starter in baseball P/DH. Yes genetics does play a big part of the equation on a team, but good coaches take what they are given and mold them into champions.

She is also one of the more knowledgeable fans in the stands and supports the team, win or lose. AP Panther Fan is a class act and conducts herself accordingly.

Maybe you should grab a clue about who you are talking about before you mouth off.

And I am glad you are not in public education; you would give the rest of us a bad name.

Johnny Utah
11-22-2005, 11:13 AM
20 times in a row, I doubt it. How many times has your team been in the playoffs, how many coaching changes etc..... Sounds as if you should be calling the plays and the coaches should be in the stands being fans!!! Role reversal!!!

pirate4state
11-22-2005, 11:14 AM
Chances are it is not the same thing 20 times in a row. That goes to show you have no clue what is going on. Maybe if you would have provided better genetics those coaches would have something better to work with. How the hell would you know? :mad: :thinking:

big daddy russ
11-22-2005, 11:15 AM
Have you ever seen the boys they have in AP??? I don't know what they put in the water over there, but they've had the similar-caliber talent to Sinton for a few years now.

Johnny Utah
11-22-2005, 11:25 AM
Aransas Pass has the same talent as Sinton, year in and year out??? Wow. IF that is the case then the coaches are to blame!!! Same can be said about all the other schools that have that kind of talent. New Rule, if your school has the TALENT, and your team does not make the playoffs, ALL COACHES should be let go!!!! I am sure there are other factors. You are talking about dealing with teenagers, that is a VAST CHALLENGE in its self. Injuries, failures, kids quitting, moving, etc. Lots of variables. In college these coaches recruit, in high schools they do not. Give the coaches a chance to BUILD the program, then talk some noise!!!!

AP Panther Fan
11-22-2005, 11:27 AM
20 times in a row, I doubt it. How many times has your team been in the playoffs, how many coaching changes etc..... Sounds as if you should be calling the plays and the coaches should be in the stands being fans!!! Role reversal!!!

We have had 3 HC/AD in four years....you want to talk about tough on the Seniors this year....they are the ones that have been punished... but they have just rolled with the punches, the best they could.

It is my hope that this AD is a keeper and that he gets his staff in place to help him succeed. He has a talented group to work with once he gets the kinks out.

Johnny Utah
11-22-2005, 11:32 AM
Sounds if that is the problem, you can not expect continuity or success if the kids have 3 different coaches in 4 years. That is too many systems to learn in that small amount of time. Sounds as if the Admin/SchoolBoard/Town, need to rethink their goals for their programs with that many changes.

AP Panther Fan
11-22-2005, 11:41 AM
Sounds if that is the problem, you can not expect continuity or success if the kids have 3 different coaches in 4 years. That is too many systems to learn in that small amount of time. Sounds as if the Admin/SchoolBoard/Town, need to rethink their goals for their programs with that many changes.

I agree...it has been a roller coaster ride, and we have all wanted to throw up more than once.

I truly do want what is best for the kids and school district. Geez, I have two more daughters to raise once my son graduates this year. Look out softball, here we come.;)

I will miss football and baseball.:(

99IHSMustang
11-22-2005, 12:11 PM

A comment like this should get you banned. You know nothing about AP Panther Fan.

big daddy russ
11-22-2005, 12:12 PM
Aransas Pass has the same talent as Sinton, year in and year out???
2002. AP made the playoffs, lost to Port Isabel. Got hammered by Sinton during the regular season. Had at least two kids from that team go on to Division I teams. One of those kids was a Freshman All-American last year. Possibly a third went to play at Princeton.... never heard about him after I left. Another played D-II ball, two could've latched on with D-III teams, but one wound up opting for baseball and I found out just this year that the other went to Brenham and played for the Texas A&M JV. Others may have played JUCO, too, but I haven't kept up enough recently to know.

Their O-line averaged 6'2.9", 253.4 lbs. and wasn't just a bunch of worthless oafs. One of their RB's turned out to be that Freshman All-American. The other was a sophomore that could've started for just about any team in the district, including Sinton. Would've got rotations with Ruiz and Heard.

Is that enough football talent for you? Hannibal, what did you think of AP's talent that year? And do you know of any others playing college ball?

First thing's first, I'm not bashing the coaches. Injuries, poor attitudes, etc. all come into play quite a bit. But when it becomes a pattern, you have to wonder. This particular team made the playoffs. The team the year before should've but was young (was basically the same team plus one STUD linebacker, one good LB and one good OL). I'm not knocking this particular coaching staff. I'm just playing Devil's Advocate and proving that the talent was there if you knew how to look.

big daddy russ
11-22-2005, 12:14 PM
Nix that about at least two D-I players on the 2002 squad. I mixed it all up. One of those guys graduated the year before.

Stretch04
11-22-2005, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
A comment like this should get you banned. You know nothing about AP Panther Fan.

PLEASE DO

AP Panther Fan
11-22-2005, 12:25 PM
PLEASE DO

Ya know, your sorry attitude never ceases to amaze me. I am not sure how one person can be so consistently negative and hateful.:thinking:

pirate4state
11-22-2005, 12:27 PM
PLEASE DO If this is really your attitude then take it somewhere else!! :hand:

Stretch04
11-22-2005, 12:32 PM
Ya know, your sorry attitude never ceases to amaze me. I am not sure how one person can be so consistently negative and hateful.:thinking:

SAME WAY YA'LL WERE TOWARDS THE COACHES.

pirate4state
11-22-2005, 12:34 PM
SAME WAY YA'LL WERE TOWARDS THE COACHES. :rolleyes: Ah, so you are a jumper. Gotcha! :thumbsup:

Stretch04
11-22-2005, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:rolleyes: Ah, so you are a jumper. Gotcha! :thumbsup:

what?:thinking:

pirate4state
11-22-2005, 12:38 PM
what?:thinking: just as I thought...:evillaugh

Hannibal
11-22-2005, 12:39 PM
We should have beaten PI that year. RB goes down with sprained ankle with 5:00 left in the game, kicker misses XP, INT on HB pass. The thing that really hurt us was the kicker and 2 HB skipping practice the day before. Who knows how far we would have gone? The Sinton game was closer than the score indicated. When your STUD back goes for 268 yards against one of the top teams in the state, with one run up the gut for 68 yards and the TD, you are fairly decent. Two all staters on that team at RB and FS. FS went to Trinity to play.

The RB is the only one I have really kept up with. The QB went to Kansas and hated it. The WR/K ended up playing baseball. The sophomore went to Hardin-Simmons to play football.

Originally posted by big daddy russ
2002. AP made the playoffs, lost to Port Isabel. Got hammered by Sinton during the regular season. Had at least two kids from that team go on to Division I teams. One of those kids was a Freshman All-American last year. Possibly a third went to play at Princeton.... never heard about him after I left. Another played D-II ball, two could've latched on with D-III teams, but one wound up opting for baseball and I found out just this year that the other went to Brenham and played for the Texas A&M JV. Others may have played JUCO, too, but I haven't kept up enough recently to know.

Their O-line averaged 6'2.9", 253.4 lbs. and wasn't just a bunch of worthless oafs. One of their RB's turned out to be that Freshman All-American. The other was a sophomore that could've started for just about any team in the district, including Sinton. Would've got rotations with Ruiz and Heard.

Is that enough football talent for you? Hannibal, what did you think of AP's talent that year? And do you know of any others playing college ball?

First thing's first, I'm not bashing the coaches. Injuries, poor attitudes, etc. all come into play quite a bit. But when it becomes a pattern, you have to wonder. This particular team made the playoffs. The team the year before should've but was young (was basically the same team plus one STUD linebacker, one good LB and one good OL). I'm not knocking this particular coaching staff. I'm just playing Devil's Advocate and proving that the talent was there if you knew how to look.

AP Panther Fan
11-22-2005, 12:41 PM
SAME WAY YA'LL WERE TOWARDS THE COACHES.

Not at all the same....and trust me, this isn't the first time you have let your sparking personality shine through. Like I said, you are consistent...which would normally be a good thing, just not in your case. ;)

AP Panther Fan
11-22-2005, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Hannibal
The sophomore went to Hardin-Simmons to play football.

Very talented young man...I hope he does well!

Stretch04
11-22-2005, 12:47 PM
Not at all the same....and trust me, this isn't the first time you have let your sparking personality shine through. Like I said, you are consistent...which would normally be a good thing, just not in your case. ;)

MAKE YOUR SELF FEEL BETTER ABOUT YOUR STATEMENTS HOWEVER YOU WANT.

THE ONLY TIMES I HAVE BEEN NEGATIVE ARE WHEN SOMEONE IS BASHING COACHES OR TALKING TRASH ABOUT TEAMS (YOU, ROTEX, ETC). I SAID A LOT ABOUT PHIL C IN THE BEGINNING BUT HAVE FIGURRED OUT HE IS AN ALRIGHT GUY. JUST DIFFERENT. SO HATE ME IF YOU WANT. SORRY YOUR SON HAD A SUB PAR SENIOR YEAR, BUT THE BLAME DOES NOT NEED TO BE ON THE COACHES SHOULDERS.

Stretch04
11-22-2005, 12:50 PM
1. INGLESIDE
2. SINTON (THEIR DOMINANCE ENDS)
3. UP FOR GRABS

pirate4state
11-22-2005, 12:50 PM
SORRY YOUR SON HAD A SUB PAR SENIOR YEAR, BUT THE BLAME DOES NOT NEED TO BE ON THE COACHES SHOULDERS. AND YOU NEED TO STOP ATTACKING HER & HER CHILD!!! :foul: :flamingma

Why don't you go yell somewhere else, junior! :hand:

Stretch04
11-22-2005, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
AND YOU NEED TO STOP ATTACKING HER & HER CHILD!!! :foul: :flamingma

Why don't you go yell somewhere else, junior! :hand:

Never said anything about her child.

AP Panther Fan
11-22-2005, 12:53 PM
MAKE YOUR SELF FEEL BETTER ABOUT YOUR STATEMENTS HOWEVER YOU WANT.

THE ONLY TIMES I HAVE BEEN NEGATIVE ARE WHEN SOMEONE IS BASHING COACHES OR TALKING TRASH ABOUT TEAMS (YOU, ROTEX, ETC). I SAID A LOT ABOUT PHIL C IN THE BEGINNING BUT HAVE FIGURRED OUT HE IS AN ALRIGHT GUY. JUST DIFFERENT. sO HATE ME IF YOU WANT. SORRY YOUR SON HAD A SUB PAR SENIOR YEAR, BUT THE BLAME DOES NOT NEED TO BE ON THE COACHES SHOULDERS.

ha ha...I take it you are yelling at me!:D

My son did have a "less than great" senior year. Part of it was due to injuries...ACL first and then torn hamstring....but overall it was okay. And yes, I do think that some of the blame for a less than great season can be shared. So we go back to the original argument, and to be rather honest....I am tired of fighting with you.;)

Stretch04
11-22-2005, 12:54 PM
Not yelling just to lazy to use the shift key.

DaHop72
11-22-2005, 12:55 PM
Not yelling just to lazy to use the shift key. :doh: :doh: :doh:

pirate4state
11-22-2005, 12:56 PM
Never said anything about her child. Alright hot shot. Whatever you say. :wave:

SINTON81
11-22-2005, 02:30 PM
When you finish with the one from Sinton, do you think you could run on over to AP and help me pack up ours?:rolleyes: :cool:

OK, but only because you asked. I'll even spring for one suit case, but only one.:D :D

AP Panther Fan
11-22-2005, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by SINTON81
OK, but only because you asked. I'll even spring for one suit case, but only one.:D :D

:thumbsup:

I knew I could count on you!:D

SintonFan_inAustin
11-22-2005, 03:06 PM
ingleside has some kids with some speed coming up, next year will be a coach of the year for district if Mitchell has them repeat as District Champs.

ill go With Sinton again until they are dethrone.

not sure who be in the district so just putting who will win district.

AP Panther Fan
11-22-2005, 03:19 PM
lol...your signature is confusing the heck outta me.:D

SintonFan_inAustin
11-22-2005, 06:14 PM
:D im supporting the mustangs in there playoff run and they need more cowbells

AP Panther Fan
11-22-2005, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin

lol...I figured as much. :D Hopefully, I will get to meet you at the game.

99IHSMustang
11-22-2005, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin

W00t more cowbell!

cdlvj
11-22-2005, 08:49 PM

Quite the opposite, as we do not like seeing our kids get shafted.

cdlvj
11-22-2005, 09:09 PM

Discussing football with my uncle this past weekend (was all-state running back in late 50's), he would let the QB's call their own play like the old days.

piratebg
11-22-2005, 09:10 PM
1. INGLESIDE
2. SINTON (THEIR DOMINANCE ENDS)
3. UP FOR GRABS

This very well could be for next year. I don't know who Sinton has moving up to varsity or how many starter or returning, but I think the district title is up for grabs next season. We still have the offseason and the preseason to wait for.

sinfan75
11-23-2005, 05:38 AM
I think Sinton returns 5 or 6 starters both ways. Got one transfer that played jv that has lots of speed. He should be one of the RBs. Also heard a kid from Florida moved in. Be a Soph next year and will play on the offensive line. Heard he's huge. All in all I think Sinton will be ok.

piratebg
11-23-2005, 05:50 AM
I think Sinton returns 5 or 6 starters both ways. Got one transfer that played jv that has lots of speed. He should be one of the RBs. Also heard a kid from Florida moved in. Be a Soph next year and will play on the offensive line. Heard he's huge. All in all I think Sinton will be ok.

That doesn't sound too bad, but I won't get too excited yet. Still a long way unitl next season.

swarm
11-23-2005, 08:57 AM
Sinton will be good on defense again, they return 8 starters out of the 11. Offense will need to find a QB. It will be hard to replace # 7. I see Sinton as a more running team next year. They also have some good receivers retuning next year.

99IHSMustang
11-23-2005, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by swarm
Sinton will be good on defense again, they return 8 starters out of the 11. Offense will need to find a QB. It will be hard to replace # 7. I see Sinton as a more running team next year. They also have some good receivers retuning next year.

That sounds good for Sinton. Ingleside is going to have most of the same players that we have this year. I think we might have even more speed though.. :eek: