11-20-2005, 09:47 AM
Liberty Hill (9-2) vs. Devine (10-2), 2 p.m. Saturday, SA's Comalander Stadium

Any thoughts on this Round 3 match-up?

HighSchool Fan
11-20-2005, 09:50 AM
LH keeps running it's way to the championship

sinton66
11-20-2005, 09:58 AM
This game will be much closer than last year, but I think LH still has what it takes.

footballgal
11-20-2005, 11:48 AM
If Liberty Hill is better than the 2003 team, than they should take this game in a closer one than last year, if not Devine might avenge last year loss.

Devine has a very balanced offense and an excellent passing game, very good overall team size and most importantly with quickness. As I mentioned after the PI vs Devine game, whom ever plays Devine next better have an EXCELLLENT DB corp, because their QB and recievers, especially Muniz are very good. Their QB does an awesome job of calling audibles. But, if they put plenty of pressure on the QB, LH might be able to disrupt their offense enough, to allow LH offense to get on the field and play ball control, with its dominate running game. What I thought was one of most significate thing on the Warhorses is, that on both sides of the ball ALL 11 players have been playing together for over two full seasons and them some, and it shows. Their defense wasn't that shabby either, again with size AND quickeness, those guys pretty much stopped our running game, even our state runner up track star, Marky Villarreal. But what impressed me most about the defense, is the hard hits they were putting out there. I havn't seen that kind of overall hard hittin' defense in a while, including the playoffs. (Reminded me of the past Trapon team defense, whom were known for it) Truth is that, I didn't think they could play that kind of football in district 29. (no punt intended)

gobbler grad
11-20-2005, 12:13 PM
i'll be taking LH ...solid offense that can score at anytime...was really impressed with there running backs...very aggressive and pretty darn quick...

un b weavable
11-20-2005, 12:36 PM
After hearing so much hype about liberty hill over the past two years, i finally got to see them in action this weekend. I have to say i was a little disappointed. i just dont see how they put up those huge numbers running that thing they call an offense. Running the ball that much will only get you so far into the playoffs and thats all. Youll never go all the way. I do have to mention, however, that #12 is pretty awesome. Other than that i didnt see much else. I do think Liberty Hill will beat Devine this week, but next weeks game against Cuero (or Ingleside :rolleyes: ) their seaseon will be over.

schu1213
11-20-2005, 01:34 PM
I have to agree with the great u b weaveable. LH has been so over rated the whole year. They are not half the team they were last year and when they play a good defense(Cuero) they will be shut down.

gobblergreen
11-20-2005, 01:35 PM
Good point,un b, LH has some impressive players, but against a well executed defense that offense can easily be stopped. With that said, I will say LH takes it this week but will be going home next week with a loss...

footballgal
11-20-2005, 02:17 PM
No question, that LH has an awesome offense, but the question is can they stop a good or great passing team? Anyone? If they can, they will line up against Cuero next week and who knows maybe get an upset.

lebron_fan
11-20-2005, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by schu1213
I have to agree with the great u b weaveable. LH has been so over rated the whole year. They are not half the team they were last year and when they play a good defense(Cuero) they will be shut down.

i know we both have games this week but u cant help but think about next weeks matchup...all this talk about no one can stop LH's run...last time i checked wimberley held them to 9...cuero will shut them down and i dont think anyone in the state can stop cuero's offense...

LHMom
11-21-2005, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by schu1213

Over-rated? by whom? Few polls had LH above #20 until late in the season. There are only 24 3A teams still playing, so it doesn't look to me like LH was being over-rated. This would be surpassing expectations.

gold_33
11-21-2005, 11:20 PM
Hey footballgal, Where was that Devine team when Wimberley played them? Liberty Hill is not overrated they are a good football team, that offense they run is incredible cause you dont know who has the ball. After watching both these teams play this year I'd say Liberty Hill has the upperhand.

footballgal
11-22-2005, 08:56 AM
When did I say LH was over rated??????????????:confused:

I did say however that LH had an awesome offense. I know all about the mis-direction offense, not only by watching LH run it. But when PI use to run it in the early 90's.

LH Panther Mom
11-22-2005, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by footballgal
When did I say LH was over rated??????????????:confused:

I did say however that LH had an awesome offense. I know all about the mis-direction offense, not only by watching LH run it. But when PI use to run it in the early 90's.

I think she was talking to one of our Cuero "admirers"....or should I say "supporters". ;)

LHMom
11-22-2005, 06:45 PM
Correct, LHPM. Football gal has been a friendly opponent. I was responding to another poster that said, "LH has beeen over rated all year."

44INAROW
11-22-2005, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I think she was talking to one of our Cuero "admirers"....or should I say "supporters". ;)

You're not referring to Athletic Supporters are you :D :D

LH Panther Mom
11-22-2005, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
You're not referring to Athletic Supporters are you :D :D
I'll never tell. :D :D