PDA

View Full Version : GIDDINGS-LAGRANGE MATCHUP

oldbuff78
12-04-2001, 07:13 PM
NEXT WEEK 2 OLD RIVALS WILL BE AT IT!!!!
GIDDINGS 35
LAGRANGE 14

df1
12-04-2001, 07:17 PM
lol,Next week you will be setting at home listening to Newton take on Lagrange. http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/smile.gif

3Aroy
12-04-2001, 07:22 PM
Next week Giddings could be at home shooting those basketballs while Newton will be laughing. The same might happen to La Grange. It COULD be Newton and Wimberly in the semifinals. I think that experience, coaching, team speed, and offense is what should win the game for Newton. Don't count your chikens before the eggs hatch and try not to set yourself up to look ignorant.

[This message has been edited by 3Aroy (edited December 04, 2001).]

oldbuff78
12-04-2001, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by 3Aroy:
Next week Giddings could be at home shooting those basketballs while Newton will be laughing. The same might happen to La Grange. It COULD be Newton and Wimberly in the semifinals. I think that experience, coaching, team speed, and offense is what should win the game for Newton. Don't count your chikens before the eggs hatch and try not to set yourself up to look ignorant.

[This message has been edited by 3Aroy (edited December 04, 2001).]
SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE COUNTING THE CHICKENS, JUST REMEMBER GIDDINGS IS THE CHICKEN SNAKE!!

Backwoods
12-04-2001, 07:35 PM
Old Buff.Your predictions don't impress us and your logic underwhelms us. Wish all you want. We'll be in Huntsville Friday night. Join us. The boys on the field will decide it all. Drive safe. Let's have a good game with no injuries.

oldbuff78
12-04-2001, 07:40 PM
SAME TO YOU BACKWOODS DON'T WANT NOBODY TO GET HURT!!! DRIVE SAFE TO. OLD BUFF HAS SEEN A BUNCH OF THINGS IN HIS LIFETIME!!

alanclay37
12-05-2001, 12:17 AM
It is ok to be confident in your team and Buff fans have every right to be. But I have to say that every forum I'm in there is always some Giddings fan telling everybody how they are going to win state and that no team belongs on the field with them. They talk trash to teams they have never played and know nothing about. I have seen alot of teams who run their mouths too much and end up losing. Football is one of the most unpredictable sports, anything can happen, thats what makes it great. Giddings you are a great team but I hope that the people on these forums dont reflect your attitudes. Cause ANY team can be beaten at ANY time. GOOD LUCK GIDDINGS.

senior_of_'02
12-05-2001, 05:22 PM
yeah, we do have a lot of trash talkers here in giddings. but, so does everyone else. not pointing out anyone personally, but if you really think about it, just sayin that your team is better, your gonna win, or even that your faster is trash talking. i would appreciate it if everyone else stops their smack talkin and just let us players play. WE decide the winners and losers, not the fans.

Backwoods
12-05-2001, 07:29 PM
Senior: You are absolutly right. This isn't trash talking. And this is from the Newton side. While I can't pull for you to win, I wish you a good game and all the luck in the future.

3aFootball4Life
12-05-2001, 07:35 PM
Backwoods I think that that Is the nicest thing that anyone from Newton has said on the entire message board.

So I express the same feeling to you .

I can't route for Newton But I will wish them luck and hope that no one gets injured.

Good Luck Newton

Go Giddings

[This message has been edited by 3aFootball4Life (edited December 06, 2001).]

Trainer_Chick
12-05-2001, 07:48 PM
Very well said alanclay37! Trash talkers often go down in flames. Make sure you can walk the walk if you talk the talk. When there are only 8 teams left no one can be taken lightly!

joe60
12-06-2001, 07:29 PM
Don't mistake the comments made by fans who post messages in the forum for the attitude of our players. Us players love the fan support and wouldn't want to do without them, but sometimes they have a tendency to toot our horns.

------------------

oldbuff78
12-07-2001, 11:04 AM
WITH THE ALAMODOME BOOKED UP SAT. DEC.15 TH,
WHERE WILL GIDDINGS AND LAGRANGE PLAY?

Husker98
12-07-2001, 11:09 AM
They won't play. Newton will be playing the winner of the La Grange/Wimberley game either in Huntsville or in the Astrodome.

TheNewtonBoy
12-07-2001, 11:10 AM
Giddings and LaGrange? Basketball? oh i see in two weeks yall plan to have a basketball game. I wish I could come watch yall play but i am booked for two more weekends. Sorry.

oldbuff78
12-07-2001, 11:37 AM
CHANGE YOUR DIAPERS BOYS!!!!
YOUR STINKING UP THE STATE.
ARE YOU'ALL BRINGING THE WATERBOY TONIGHT?

3Aroy
12-07-2001, 12:37 PM
What is up with you Old Buff and waterboys? Is there something we should know about? Maybe you can go see your waterboy pass out bottles to the Gidding's basketball boys next week.

[This message has been edited by 3Aroy (edited December 07, 2001).]

Husker98
12-07-2001, 01:18 PM
I think the waterboy is Old Buffs hero.

oldbuff78
12-08-2001, 03:25 AM
LOOKS LIKE THE WATERBOY WAS ON GIDDINGS SIDE AFTER ALL. I TOLD YOU OLDBUFF KNEW WAS HE WAS TALKING ABOUT. I MUST GIVE NEWTON CREDIT THEY HAD A HELL OF A TEAM. SIZE AND BLAZING SPEED.
I CAN SEE WHY THEY ARE ALWAYS A THREAT. I MET SOME GREAT PEOPLE FROM NEWTON, I WISH YOU ALL GOOD HEALTH AND A GREAT CHRISTMAS!!!!

panther69
12-08-2001, 04:31 AM
BEST OF LUCK BUFFS!!!! WE BELIEVE!

oldbuff78
12-08-2001, 09:12 PM
WELL OLD BUFF WAS RIGHT. KYLE FIELD OR ASTRODOME, WILL LET YA KNOW.

GiddingsHS_student
12-08-2001, 11:03 PM
It wouldn't be fair if we ~buffaloes~ had to play LG in the Astrodome, it is practically home field advantage, they are used to the terf. we need to play on grass. and why not go to UT field, that way we can get good new coverage too. Hey I think is this would be a good story. Two rival teams 21 miles apart one game away from state. Why not play at the capitol? does anyone know if UT is an option???

Hook 'em
12-08-2001, 11:14 PM
I was thinking the same thing. Makes the most sense to me. Kyle Field wouldn't be a bad alternative I suppose. I have some good memories from a game I recently attended there...

I will say that the grass at DKR leaves something to be desired. I'd be willing to bet the field is in a little better shape at Kyle. Not sure what it looks like currently, but at every UT game it really gets chewed up. In fact I remember watching the 5A Championship last year and they painted a couple of areas green so it wouldn't look as brown.

[This message has been edited by Hook 'em (edited December 08, 2001).]

Eaglet'
12-08-2001, 11:15 PM
You can't say anything about Newton talking trash when your team talks trash too! Even though we did get beat by your team, I wish you luck against LaGrange! Hope you don't get sent home crying! Good Luck!

Newton still reamains #1 in everyones eyes!
Newton you played hard and stayed focused you are a true family! Good Luck to you in the upcoming seasons! You already know you are taking it to state in Basketball! Go #99! Good Luck in your future plans!

GiddingsHS_student
12-08-2001, 11:18 PM
We are ok with grass, we don't need TERF!! lol, has anyone been to the Elgin field. No offense wildcats but no field can be worse. I am pretty sure Giddings's Head Coach Ivey won't let them play in the dome. Oh yeah does anyone know what DAY we are playing??

GiddingsHS_student
12-08-2001, 11:21 PM
Eaglet: you are right, you guys played a very good game, I was very worried last night, you can let your boys know that they played good and hard. and Good luck for your up coming seasons too, and get a bunch of people to go to the game and cheer us on against La Grunge!!!!

oldbuff78
12-09-2001, 10:42 AM
GRASS OR TURF, THE BUFFS CAN PLAY ON EITHER.
BRING ON THE PUSSYCATS!!!!!!

joe60
12-09-2001, 12:13 PM
It is supposed to rain Tuesday, Wedsnday, and Thursday, so I kinda hope the game is played in the dome...or at least on a turf field somewhere.

oldbuff78
12-10-2001, 04:40 AM
Friday night Astrodome 8 pm.

G-Town_Hottie
12-10-2001, 11:06 PM
Giddings HS student
we play at 8:00 at the Astrodome, this Friday. Come out and support the Buffs!

GOOD LUCK BUFFALOES!!!

BUFFS ALL THE WAY TO STATE!!