PDA

View Full Version : Injuredinmelee

GreenMonster
11-20-2005, 01:32 AM
what is a decent place to eat at in Stephenville. If there's slim pickens I'm stopping in Jacksboro at Dairyland, I know the food is good there.

injuredinmelee
11-20-2005, 01:39 AM
Hard 8 is good but high and the Montanas is good but get there early to get in the door. IP home or visitor?

GreenMonster
11-20-2005, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Hard 8 is good but high and the Montanas is good but get there early to get in the door. IP home or visitor?

Don't know. I think we might just win it. Heard Sweetwater lost some kids to grades. We looked good this week but still haven't peaked. Defense is TOUGH against the run. Last 3 games combined have only given up 132 yards on the ground. Offense has been eating clock and punishing people. Safeties have killing anyone that dares come across the middle just like that kid from Graham a couple of weeks ago. IP is getting real good. I can see them making a little run.

GreenMonster
11-20-2005, 01:53 AM
By the way, that was a great 4th quarter of the Wylie game. I was able to listen over the internet. Keenum was the difference maker. It must be nice to have a stallion like that under center leading your ballclub.

injuredinmelee
11-21-2005, 12:40 AM
I am so pumped about the IP game this week. Fellow 4-3Aer's I apologize but I grew up in IP and have to root for the Hawks. I think this is a very intriguing contest. I look forward to seeign it. Ralph might even come over for it this week from houston.

GreenMonster
11-21-2005, 01:32 AM
Load the Family truckster up and c'mon down. Should be a barn burner Injuredinmelee.

injuredinmelee
11-21-2005, 08:27 AM
I worry how IP will handle the Speedy backs of Sweetwater. Its scary how fast they really are especially if you let them turn the ball up field. Keep them running sideline to sideline and you can keep this one where you want it.

sww-bull52
11-21-2005, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Don't know. I think we might just win it. Heard Sweetwater lost some kids to grades. We looked good this week but still haven't peaked. Defense is TOUGH against the run. Last 3 games combined have only given up 132 yards on the ground. Offense has been eating clock and punishing people. Safeties have killing anyone that dares come across the middle just like that kid from Graham a couple of weeks ago. IP is getting real good. I can see them making a little run.

For the LAST TIME!!! Sweetwater DID NOT lose any players to grades.

garciap77
11-21-2005, 09:01 AM
Sweetwater!, is this game going to be on the air? Is someone going to provide updates on the net?

Adidas410s
11-21-2005, 10:35 AM
I am thinking about going to Ennis/HP @ 1 @ Texas Stadium and then either to Waco for Abi/SLC or to the 'Ville for this game. Then again...I am HOPING I can get my schedule changed today to get off early on Saturday if I work all day Friday so I can make the Wylie game...we will see though.

garciap77
11-21-2005, 10:44 AM
Anyone know if there is going to be a charter bus to Wylie's game?

Adidas410s
11-21-2005, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by garciap77
Anyone know if there is going to be a charter bus to Wylie's game?

I would think so. There usually is for metroplex games. go to www.wylie.esc14.net and they will info on there all week if one is available..

Macarthur
11-21-2005, 10:55 AM
I worry how IP will handle the Speedy backs of Sweetwater. Its scary how fast they really are especially if you let them turn the ball up field. Keep them running sideline to sideline and you can keep this one where you want it.

No doubt Sweetwater will be a test. However, don't forget IP has played the Brown kid from Burk, WFHS, the kid from Mineral Wells, Hirschi and Louder from Graham. They've faced teams that have speed.

vet93
11-21-2005, 11:16 AM
IP is sneaky dangerous with coaches that know how to "gameplan" a team. Sweetwater had better bring their "A" game or they will be sitting out the next round.

sww-bull52
11-21-2005, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by garciap77
Sweetwater!, is this game going to be on the air? Is someone going to provide updates on the net?

Sweetwater radio 96.7FM or 1240AM will air it. don't know how well you can pick it up in Abilene. Not a very strong transmitter.

DaHop72
11-21-2005, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by sww-bull52
Sweetwater radio 96.7FM or 1240AM will air it. don't know how well you can pick it up in Abilene. Not a very strong transmitter.
I can pick it up on the FM in Snyder, no chance on the AM.

injuredinmelee
11-21-2005, 12:02 PM
Sweetwater is loaded with speed. I think if anyone in Region 1 can beat the Mustangs it is Iowa Park. This game will be B@lls to the Wall all night.

Adidas410s
11-21-2005, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
No doubt Sweetwater will be a test. However, don't forget IP has played the Brown kid from Burk, WFHS, the kid from Mineral Wells, Hirschi and Louder from Graham. They've faced teams that have speed.

Also, Wylie is never incredibly fast but was able to shut down Sweetwater's speed with their gameplan.

RMAC
11-21-2005, 01:27 PM
Go hawks, keep 5-3A alive.

injuredinmelee
11-21-2005, 01:33 PM
wow never heard Graham and IP people cheer for each other EVER! Last year when IP played Bowie in the first round they kept giving the score of the Graham/gainesville game and the IP fans were cheering the Graham loss.

sweetwater07
11-21-2005, 01:34 PM
if they shut down our backs we will pass.....dont worry about us i have faith!!! no one has been able to shut down our backs anyways..way too fast.........in midland they outran ppl who had the angle on them down the sideline!!

Adidas410s
11-21-2005, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
if they shut down our backs we will pass.....

yeah...have fun with that!

sweetwater07
11-21-2005, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
yeah...have fun with that!

we will play to the opponent.....i don't think IP has what it takes to shut them down anyways.....better keep these words soft because its gonna suck if i have to eat them!!

injuredinmelee
11-21-2005, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
no one has been able to shut down our backs anyways..way too fast.........in midland they outran ppl who had the angle on them down the sideline!!

Did you happen to go to the Sweetwater/Wylie game?

injuredinmelee
11-21-2005, 01:40 PM
and I didnt say they would i said they have the best chance of anyone left in Region 1 to shut down Sweetwater.

LeonJr
11-21-2005, 01:40 PM
1. Hard 8 Bar B Que--1 reason why "FREE BEER"
2. Montana's --Better food and good looking girls!
3. Woody's --Great Burgers

sweetwater07
11-21-2005, 01:42 PM

i was there....wylie has been the only team so far to shut us down....and i give them props for that....as for IP i would say either monahans or IP has the best chance to beat us....other than both of them we won't be challenged until quarters or semis when we play monahans or some region 3 team

Adidas410s
11-21-2005, 01:49 PM

to clarify...Wylie didn't really shut them down. Wylie did what they do with most other teams...they kept them out of the endzone! Sweetwater had 42 carries for 241 yards...works out to about 5.73 yards/carry

sweetwater07
11-21-2005, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
to clarify...Wylie didn't really shut them down. Wylie did what they do with most other teams...they kept them out of the endzone! Sweetwater had 42 carries for 241 yards...works out to about 5.73 yards/carry

well shutting them down to me is keeping them out of the endzone......when both of them average about 2 td's a game......and yall held them to 0 thats a very big accomplishment!!

injuredinmelee
11-21-2005, 02:10 PM
Greenmonster Pm me your cell so we can find each other. Who is home and who is away this week? I like the home side at Tarelton but not big on the visitors stands.