PDA

View Full Version : Hutto 29 Marlin 22 Final

ILS1
11-19-2005, 11:23 PM
Wow!! What a game?? Marlin's Jeremy Saunders is an AWESOME QB!!! If he couldn't find anyone open,he scrambled for a 1st down. He did get hurt after Hutto's last score. It was a tale of 2 contrasting styles. Marlin had 4 and 5 receiver sets most of the time. While Hutto surprised them (and me) by pounding them with the old Power I set. The Hippos probably had over 300 yards rushing. The Hippo defense stopped them at critical times. The 1st half was low scoring with Hutto lead 7-6. But the 2nd half they matched each other score for score. Congrats to Marlin on a great season. Good luck to the Hippos next week against Bridge City. Once I find out when and where,I'll let ya'll know!!!

RBARKER
11-19-2005, 11:43 PM
Congrats to the Hippo's!!! I hope to catch the BC game it should be a good one. When is the last time Hutto has made it this far?

rockdale80
11-19-2005, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by RBARKER
Congrats to the Hippo's!!! I hope to catch the BC game it should be a good one. When is the last time Hutto has made it this far?

I dont think ever...atleast not in 3A

RBARKER
11-19-2005, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
I dont think ever...atleast not in 3A

Wow thats Awesome, the Seniors must be having a blast.

ILS1
11-19-2005, 11:50 PM
I believe it's been since 1966,that the Hippos have been this far. They were Regional Champs in Class B then. That was as far as any team could go at the time. Good luck Hippos next week against a VERY good Bridge City team!!! If anyone knows where they will play please post it. Thanks!!

:D

ILS1
11-19-2005, 11:54 PM
After Class B,they were automatically moved up like everyone else to Class A in 1978. Because they got rid of the Class B classification. In 1988,they moved up to Class 2A. Finally,in 2002 they moved up to Class 3A. This is their 4th year in 3A. They should stay 3A (Big school) next realignment.

:D

shankbear
11-19-2005, 11:55 PM
give up the scoop on how the Hippos got the name. Just the facts. or as close to them as possible since hippos are not native to Texas as I recall.

rockdale80
11-19-2005, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by shankbear
give up the scoop on how the Hippos got the name. Just the facts. or as close to them as possible since hippos are not native to Texas as I recall.

something about a hippo that escaped from the circus. someone can fill in all the details.

ILS1
11-20-2005, 12:07 AM
The got the name after one of the mammals strayed from a carnival which came to the community in 1915. The hippo wandered into a nearby creek seeking its natural habitat and remained free several days. When carnival officials located it and tried to lure it out of the creek bottoms' good and cool water, it became belligerent. The ordeal of re-capturing the ferocious animal was so ingrained in the citizens' minds that when Hutto opened its first 11 grade school later that year, it chose to name its athletic teams the Hippos.

lostaussie
11-20-2005, 12:24 AM
congrats to the hippos. big win for your program.

shankbear
11-20-2005, 12:33 AM
ILS1 that is a great rendition of the hippo tale. I wonder if anybody thought it was a giant overgrown pig and tried to bar-b-que it. They are mean with a nasty temper. How do you stop a charging hippo? Take away its credit card.............OMG that is too old and way too stupid so pretend you didn't read that because I am way too lazy to delete it.

marlin fan
11-20-2005, 12:42 AM
still have tears in my eyes!!!! Great Season Marlin!!! To the Seniors uv done this bulldog fan proud!!!!!!! Congrats Hutto on the Win!!! P.S. i hope that #41 Gets it!!! he played dirty all night!!!!

shankbear
11-20-2005, 12:45 AM
How did 41 play dirty all night Marlin Fan?

dutchman
11-20-2005, 12:47 AM
Congratulations to the Hutto Hippos and good luck on your run.

marlin fan
11-20-2005, 12:47 AM
late hits and just plane playing dirty!!! haha but he did get poped hard a time or two haha *loved it* seen em holding his neck a couple of times!!

RMAC
11-20-2005, 01:13 AM
I hadn't seen Hutto play, but I was picking Marlin to win this one just because they had so much speed. But speed can be used against you I guess. That or your defense just coming up big when it needed to which is what was said earlier. Plust the 300+ on the ground wears teams out. I can vouch for that just being from Graham. I didn't give Hutto the credit they were do and I hope they do well come next Friday.

faithfuldog
11-20-2005, 01:28 AM
Congratulations to the Hippos...ya'll made the plays when you had to and the dawgs could not get unwound tonight. Your run game was to much for us tonite. Good luck with bridge city.

Keep your heads up Dawgs. You had a great year...better than many expected. Even through injuries and other adversities, ya'll still fought till the end. You underclassmen can refocus for next year....to you seniors...thanks for all the highlight reels and simply making us proud to be a Dawg!!

BIFF
11-20-2005, 02:01 AM
late hits?
clean your own yard before lookin in others
mad? because seasons over
hmmm just a little bit maybe

to the rest of marlin great job hope your qb is ok
hope well most of your team is ok looked pretty banged up at the end
well good luck in basketball,golf,,,track,baseball alll of it