PDA

View Full Version : How many districts have three teams still playing at Thanksgiving?

CenTexSports
11-19-2005, 10:59 PM
D19 any more?

I Bleed Red08
11-19-2005, 11:00 PM
we dont we have two

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-19-2005, 11:31 PM
Way to go D 19, looks like next year a few of D-19 teams may move up to D-20? Word is Rice and Hempstead will move to 2A.
I wounder who it will be?

WOSgrad
11-19-2005, 11:35 PM
24-3A has just two, WO-S and Bridge City.

Interestingly enough, they play two of the three 19-3A teams still standing.

rockdale80
11-19-2005, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by WOSgrad
24-3A has just two, WO-S and Bridge City.

Interestinglt enough, they play two of the three 19-3A teams still standing.

Then I guess atleast two of the D19 teams will still be playing after we polish off D24 next week;)

X21AAAPlayer
11-20-2005, 12:32 AM
GOOD LUCK:D

theyoefnshow
11-20-2005, 01:05 AM
Giddings has the roughest time next week no doubt. Don't know alot about Bridge City or Kirbyville but KV has 3 losses and looks to have a solid offense and so-so defense. They've been blown out by Bridge City & Jasper and lost their other game by 7. Could be interesting but w/ my Yoemen now 12-0, revenge no longer a factor (both Marlin & Jasper, two big playoff foes gone), the QB question way up in the air....I say Cameron no doubt. Hutto has a tough one too though. Saturday won't get here soon enough!

18handicap
11-20-2005, 10:51 AM
Don't jump so quick about D-19 moving with D-20. My guess is that Royal will take one of the two schools' place. (Haven't seen Hempstead's numbers, but Royal was 427.) What happens after that, nobody knows except on the 3rd floor of the UIL building.

There are some interesting possibilities:
1.Rice Cons moves down and Royal takes their place, Hallettsville moves down and LaGrange takes their place.
2.Rice and Hempstead move down, Royal and Stafford take their place, Hallettsville moves down, Edna takes Stafford's place, and LaGrange and Smithville take Hallettsville's and Edna's places.
3.Rice and Hempstead move down, LaGrange and Royal take their places (don't like it softball because Royal doesn't play), and I don't know who would take Hallettsville's place.

So as you see, there are many many possibilities......I know where I want us to go.....LOL

Stafford could end up being a key also. They can almost be sent in any direction in the Houston area, and it also depends if HISD lets the 2 or 3 AAA sized schools stay AAA or move them back to AAAA like they've been doing.

WISH I KNEW!!!

Old Green
11-20-2005, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by 18handicap
Don't jump so quick about D-19 moving with D-20. My guess is that Royal will take one of the two schools' place. (Haven't seen Hempstead's numbers, but Royal was 427.) What happens after that, nobody knows except on the 3rd floor of the UIL building.

There are some interesting possibilities:
1.Rice Cons moves down and Royal takes their place, Hallettsville moves down and LaGrange takes their place.
2.Rice and Hempstead move down, Royal and Stafford take their place, Hallettsville moves down, Edna takes Stafford's place, and LaGrange and Smithville take Hallettsville's and Edna's places.
3.Rice and Hempstead move down, LaGrange and Royal take their places (don't like it softball because Royal doesn't play), and I don't know who would take Hallettsville's place.

So as you see, there are many many possibilities......I know where I want us to go.....LOL

Stafford could end up being a key also. They can almost be sent in any direction in the Houston area, and it also depends if HISD lets the 2 or 3 AAA sized schools stay AAA or move them back to AAAA like they've been doing.

WISH I KNEW!!! You think La Grange could end up in the Cuero district if hallettesville moves dowm ?

WOSgrad
11-20-2005, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Then I guess atleast two of the D19 teams will still be playing after we polish off D24 next week;)

I guess we'll just have to play the games and see about that, huh?

Astrosdawg07
11-20-2005, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80

I'd think again.

rockdale80
11-20-2005, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by WOSgrad
I guess we'll just have to play the games and see about that, huh?

In case you couldn't tell that was a joke. But I wouldn't count it out.;)

yoemenkracker30
11-20-2005, 06:03 PM
lets go D19, lets keep it rollin....

La Grange
11-20-2005, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
You think La Grange could end up in the Cuero district if hallettesville moves dowm ?

La Grange has more of a chance to move back into the district with Bellville and Columbus I think. Hopefully LG gets put back into Region IV so they might beable to win some more football games.

WOS87
11-20-2005, 06:42 PM
Just 3 districts statewide (1A thru 5A)

13-2A (Celina, Argyle, Prosper)
19-3A (Cameron, Hutto, Giddings)
26-5A (Converse Judson, SA Madison, Smithson Valley)

18handicap
11-20-2005, 07:09 PM
With the UIL, you never know.........if you make them mad enough you could be playing in El Paso.....lol

CenTexSports
11-20-2005, 07:12 PM
Great Stat WOS87.

Of the D19 teams left they have a combined 4 losses with three of them to each other. The only other blemish is an early year loss to Liberty Hill by Hutto that I understand was a very good game.