PDA

View Full Version : WAKE-UP call for Sweetwater

zooleander
11-19-2005, 10:00 PM
looks liek they nearly just got it, man i was hoping sooo much they'd get beat, they arent that great of a team and its gonna be even better whenever monahans whoops them...IF THEY EVEN GET PAST IP!!! haha they 4-3a talkin about sweepin 3-3a....monahans will prolly single handedly wipe out 2 of the 4-3a "BIG 3"....and ummm, pretty sure their running game isnt as awesome as everyone thinks....they have 3 and 22 who are fast IF they can get open....but youll see, big heads will get u beat, and snyder had big heads as well, abilene wylie...sry, bad news for them....Gainesville is going to be too much for Keenum and co.

i wasnt plannin on posting this season anymore cuz i honestly expected for both sweetwater and snyder to lose first round, oh and bubba joe.....ive been reading ur posts about sweetwater and the playoffs...WHOOPTY DO!!!...thats in the past, sweetwater's population is going down as fast as that scrub 'lake' they have i hate even gettin w/ in 10 miles of that town anymore

i

I Bleed Red08
11-19-2005, 10:17 PM
you need to wake up and smell the coffee i donno where your from but obviously you havnt heard of Sweetwater Snyder and Wylie having the hardest district and what team do u go for? did u say loboes well it was a fluke that they beat snyder and it wont happen again

rockdale80
11-19-2005, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by I Bleed Red08
you need to wake up and smell the coffee i donno where your from but obviously you havnt heard of Sweetwater Snyder and Wylie having the hardest district and what team do u go for? did u say loboes well it was a fluke that they beat snyder and it wont happen again

And how would you know that Wylie, Sweetwater, and Snyder have the hardest district? Because you think so, or someone publised it so it must be true?

I Bleed Red08
11-19-2005, 10:25 PM
i donno your oppinion but alot of people say that we have a hard district
im sorry it was a typo i meant we have a hard district, not the hardest im sure there are harder districts somewhere in Texas

rockdale80
11-19-2005, 10:27 PM
i donno your oppinion but alot of people say that we have a hard district
im sorry it was a typo i meant we have a hard district, not the hardest im sure there are harder districts somewhere in Texas

Fair enough. I have no doubt that you have a hard district. I don't know what the hardest district is, it may be yours, but most of that is just opinion at this point.

Ranger Mom
11-19-2005, 11:04 PM
HE'S BACKKKKKKKK!!!!:eek: :rolleyes: ;)

its_n_ D_water
11-19-2005, 11:10 PM
You call 38-20 almost getting beat..its a 4 quarter game...I dont know who this guy is talking all this noise..but we will let our playing do the talking..nuff said.. go big red..... ;)

Stang4life5_5
11-19-2005, 11:16 PM
AH ZOOLANDER IS JUST A BIG !!!!!!!He needs to realize that we have so many weapons to stop that there wont know what to do and we will make it to the State Quarter...I just hope they can....Im not tlkin trash dont get me wrong he just rubbed me wrong even when we beat their 2nd place team in distict by 23 and they only beat them by 15 because greenwoods shut down. The facts dont lie son we are that good

P.S. dont forget your two work horses youll need them

I Bleed Red08
11-19-2005, 11:17 PM
finally some more sweetwater people get in this thread

Stang4life5_5
11-19-2005, 11:20 PM
Lol ive been running all day

Stang4life5_5
11-19-2005, 11:21 PM
O and know disrespect to the greenwood folks

lostaussie
11-19-2005, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Stang4life5_5
AH ZOOLANDER IS JUST A BIG!!!!!!!
well, i can tell from your 7th post that you won't be around long!!!!!!!

Ranger Mom
11-19-2005, 11:24 PM
O and know disrespect to the greenwood folks

:( :( :( :( :(

None taken!:p

sWaterislife
11-20-2005, 12:09 AM
Let this guy talk... I wouldrather him be eating crow than us... This is a big step ... ive got a new recipe for crow lo-no fon du...

So lets chill sweetwater.. as D_water said.. its on the field that things are settled...

Stang4life5_5
11-20-2005, 12:15 AM
Ok my bad for what i said earlier, that was uncalled for...its just when people start tlkin and acting like are team just has no calibar i start speaking before thinking....besides my line i still stand for the rest

lostaussie
11-20-2005, 12:22 AM
Ok my bad for what i said earlier, that was uncalled for...its just when people start tlkin and acting like are team just has no calibar i start speaking before thinking....besides my line i still stand for the rest up to 11 posts. maybe you get to play a while longer.

sweetwater07
11-20-2005, 12:29 AM
zooleander...why are you trying to start crap......being immature...its probably past your bedtime anyways...i'm pretty sure our record does all the talking that we need.....and if you think we are sooo "overrated" then whydo you keep up with our scores and stats..........go back to doucheville!!

Stang4life5_5
11-20-2005, 12:31 AM
O and heres 12

GreenMonster
11-20-2005, 12:35 AM
is it just me or do these West Texas kids spell like 3rd and 4th graders??? Their sentence structure leaves much to be desired as well. Guys, are and our are 2 DIFFERENT words with total different meanings. I have no idea what a calibar is but I believe you are trying to say calibur and it doesn't make any sense to use that word in that sentence. Slow down, proof read, and make complete thoughts and you might get people like me to pay attention to what you have to say. So far all I get is trash garbled with terrible spelling. Mama always said if you ain't got nuthin' nice to say don't say nuthin' at all. You little boys should heed that advice.

Stang4life5_5
11-20-2005, 12:35 AM
O wait wait....13!!!!!I hope they wouldnt kick me out for saying.................. woops almost said lol thers been worse

Not to mock the moderators ofcourse

lostaussie
11-20-2005, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
is it just me or do these West Texas kids spell like 3rd and 4th graders??? Their sentence structure leaves much to be desired as well. Guys, are and our are 2 DIFFERENT words with total different meanings. I have no idea what a calibar is but I believe you are trying to say calibur and it doesn't make any sense to use that word in that sentence. Slow down, proof read, and make complete thoughts and you might get people like me to pay attention to what you have to say. So far all I get is trash garbled with terrible spelling. Mama always said if you ain't got nuthin' nice to say don't say nuthin' at all. You little boys should heed that advice. need an ebonics instructor to decipher some of the posts.

LewP
11-20-2005, 12:53 AM
is it just me or do these West Texas kids spell like 3rd and 4th graders??? Their sentence structure leaves much to be desired as well. Guys, are and our are 2 DIFFERENT words with total different meanings. I have no idea what a calibar is but I believe you are trying to say calibur and it doesn't make any sense to use that word in that sentence. Slow down, proof read, and make complete thoughts and you might get people like me to pay attention to what you have to say. So far all I get is trash garbled with terrible spelling. Mama always said if you ain't got nuthin' nice to say don't say nuthin' at all. You little boys should heed that advice.

Well Green Monster...isn't it convenient you pick a time to talk to kids in west Texas? I tried doing some research on Iowa Park and ya'll don't even have a daily paper. You don't have a radio station that broadcasts any games that I could see, and I imagine all ya'll do up there is go to the big city of Wichita Falls and hang out. Our west Texas kids are ok. The fact of the matter is I'm pretty sure most folks make typo errors, but that's really not why we are here is it? Does your quarterback ever throw the ball?

LewP
11-20-2005, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
need an ebonics instructor to decipher some of the posts.

Aren't you calling the kettle black?

slpybear the bullfan
11-20-2005, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by zooleander
arent that great of a team and its gonna be even better whenever monahans whoops them...IF THEY EVEN GET PAST IP!!! haha they 4-3a talkin about sweepin 3-3a... monahans will prolly single handedly wipe out 2 of the 4-3a "BIG 3"
i

LOL.... Monahans will "prolly" need to worry about beating Bridgeport first.

jmcgee
11-20-2005, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
LOL.... Monahans will "prolly" need to worry about beating Bridgeport first. I agree and we might need to worry about IP. stop looking ahead people. If we play like we played in the first half of the littlefield game I wouldnt bet on us making it to the quaterfinals.

sweetwater07
11-20-2005, 10:52 AM
friday night against littlefield was a huge wake up call for us....i spoke with some players after the game and they agreed that they were not going to get big headed.....if we had played a better team we would not have walked away with the win....they would have taken advantage of our mistakes in the first half and ran away in the second......luckely we got it together in the second half and were able to walk away with the win.....next week against IP....i'm going to have to say that i'm not all that worried....they have played some rinky dinky teams to get here and from what i understand are 5-6???....correct me if i'm wrong.....but unless we play like we did against littlefield....i'm not too worried...............oh and zooleander...i would LOVE to hear you tell #3&22 (joseph banyard and skye green by the way)..that they are not fast.........

rockdale80
11-20-2005, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
friday night against littlefield was a huge wake up call for us....i spoke with some players after the game and they agreed that they were not going to get big headed.....if we had played a better team we would not have walked away with the win....they would have taken advantage of our mistakes in the first half and ran away in the second......luckely we got it together in the second half and were able to walk away with the win.....next week against IP....i'm going to have to say that i'm not all that worried....they have played some rinky dinky teams to get here and from what i understand are 5-6???....correct me if i'm wrong.....but unless we play like we did against littlefield....i'm not too worried...............oh and zooleander...i would LOVE to hear you tell #3&22 (joseph banyard and skye green by the way)..that they are not fast.........

obviously it wasnt too much of a wake up call if you are already discerning a team that is still in the third round of the playoffs. with that mentality it may be hard to win another game, because the playoff games get harder every week.

Ranger Mom
11-20-2005, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by rockdale80
obviously it wasnt too much of a wake up call if you are already discerning a team that is still in the third round of the playoffs. with that mentality it may be hard to win another game, because the playoff games get harder every week.

Dude, you took the words right out of my mouth!

07, don't let IP's record fool you!!

GreenMonster
11-20-2005, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by LewP
Well Green Monster...isn't it convenient you pick a time to talk to kids in west Texas? I tried doing some research on Iowa Park and ya'll don't even have a daily paper. You don't have a radio station that broadcasts any games that I could see, and I imagine all ya'll do up there is go to the big city of Wichita Falls and hang out. Our west Texas kids are ok. The fact of the matter is I'm pretty sure most folks make typo errors, but that's really not why we are here is it? Does your quarterback ever throw the ball?

Well, you got me Lew. We only have a weekly paper. (pretty good too, gets awards annually from the Texas Press Assoc.) We do have radio broadcasts but they do come out of a Wichita Falls station. Yes, we do go to WF to hang out. As far as the QB goes, we let him throw the ball as little as possible. We play Power Football here. Hard to throw it when it's already stuffed down the other team's throat. See you Friday in Stephenville, hope you're hungry because we're going to feed it to you all night long.

its_n_ D_water
11-20-2005, 03:10 PM
Sweetwater has way to much speed for this Iowa Park team..just ask greenwood and littlefield....nuff said

Ranger Mom
11-20-2005, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by its_n_ D_water
Sweetwater has way to much speed for this Iowa Park team..just ask greenwood and littlefield....nuff said

Well...considering I am From Greenwood and the fact that I have never seen Iowa Park play, there is no way I can make a comparison.

I do have to say that Sweetwater made me a little more than nervous that first half Friday night.

They got out like that again, they WILL get beat!

sWaterislife
11-20-2005, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Well...considering I am From Greenwood and the fact that I have never seen Iowa Park play, there is no way I can make a comparison.

I do have to say that Sweetwater made me a little more than nervous that first half Friday night.

They got out like that again, they WILL get beat!

I do agree... we're a first half team and we played poorly... good thing we brought a "second half" in our luggage this week..lol.. like i said before the teams that are in the 3rd round did not get here by accident... All of them are for real and are needed to be consider as such for the rest of the season... Anybody coming on here talking smack about how much their team is better at the junction of the playoffs just need to rethink themselves...

Sweetwater if they play two halfs of football .. cant be beat.. but it still hasnt been proven that they can do that.. if iowa park is good enough to get this far than their a power to be reckon with so lets just chill on who's awake or not...

I Bleed Red08
11-20-2005, 04:44 PM
Well, you got me Lew. We only have a weekly paper. (pretty good too, gets awards annually from the Texas Press Assoc.) We do have radio broadcasts but they do come out of a Wichita Falls station. Yes, we do go to WF to hang out. As far as the QB goes, we let him throw the ball as little as possible. We play Power Football here. Hard to throw it when it's already stuffed down the other team's throat. See you Friday in Stephenville, hope you're hungry because we're going to feed it to you all night long. wow your talkin alot of mess a week before the game basically i hope your team doesnt think the same way or the game will be too easy

Ranger05
11-20-2005, 04:50 PM
wow your talkin alot of mess a week before the game basically i hope your team doesnt think the same way or the game will be too easy and some of the sweetwater posters havent im sure half of yall already consider this game a win for sweetwater

I Bleed Red08
11-20-2005, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Ranger05
and some of the sweetwater posters havent im sure half of yall already consider this game a win for sweetwater im sure there are some in Sweetwater that do all i'm saying is i want two teams to go out there and play their hearts out and one come out victorious and go on with it

GreenMonster
11-20-2005, 07:11 PM
wow your talkin alot of mess a week before the game basically i hope your team doesnt think the same way or the game will be too easy

I'm only speaking the truth, no smack talk here. Ask Injuredinmelee if you think what I say is just trash talk. I'm going to stay zipped until Friday on this subject, consider me a Read Only Member when it comes to the IP/Sweetwater game for the rest of the week. By the way, I wouldn't talk trash about the Stangs, I have way too much respect for Coach Jackson than that. He is a great football coach and one heck of a man. You should be proud to have the opportunity to play for a man like that. I followed him while he was at Olney and I am still impressed years later. Coaches like him are few and far between. I never count him out. Besides, he plays Power Football too. He just does it triple option style. His Flex Bone offense is a good one. Good Luck to both teams Friday. I can hardly wait to watch this one, it will be a barn burner!!!

LewP
11-20-2005, 07:53 PM
Well, you got me Lew. We only have a weekly paper. (pretty good too, gets awards annually from the Texas Press Assoc.) We do have radio broadcasts but they do come out of a Wichita Falls station. Yes, we do go to WF to hang out. As far as the QB goes, we let him throw the ball as little as possible. We play Power Football here. Hard to throw it when it's already stuffed down the other team's throat. See you Friday in Stephenville, hope you're hungry because we're going to feed it to you all night long.

Dear Green Monster,
My sincere take on this game is I don't know who wins it. But I will say this. It seems unfair that any other fans besides Sweetwater fans can come on here and say they are going to run the ball down our throats etc. That may be true. That might happen. But if WE come on here and say something like that, all hell breaks loose and we get chastised by half of North America saying we are too cocky and over-confident. I have read your posts on here frequently and you seem like a knowledable fan. I am not going to spend this week arguing about who's going to win. Friday will take care of that. I just want to say let the better team win, best of luck to you and Iowa Park.
Now, is there any place in Texas I can get any real information about your team?

zooleander
11-20-2005, 11:26 PM
oh and zooleander...i would LOVE to hear you tell #3&22 (joseph banyard and skye green by the way)..that they are not fast......... hey...first of all..u dont even play football i bet, and second.....I NEVER SAID THEY WERE SLOW!!!! ur still in highschool bub, i'f ur gonna try and argue on here u better learn to read the original post thoroughly...im pretty sure i said they were fast, skye DID get 2nd in the hundred last year at state, and i saw that meet and greet pic....nice hat:rolleyes:

zooleander
11-20-2005, 11:32 PM
i never said i was going for the loboes anywhere...c'mon rookie learn to read

all these new sweetwater posters are just too funny, half of them still cant drive prolly haha

LewP
11-20-2005, 11:35 PM
i never said i was going for the loboes anywhere...c'mon rookie learn to read

all these new sweetwater posters are just too funny, half of them still cant drive prolly haha

How bout you drive this in your ear?

zooleander
11-20-2005, 11:40 PM
How bout you drive this in your ear?

drive what...yeah ur cool man

smustangs
11-20-2005, 11:45 PM
just curious but can someone tell me where zoolander is from

zooleander
11-20-2005, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by smustangs
just curious but can someone tell me where zoolander is from

yeah....im from texas

smustangs
11-20-2005, 11:49 PM
i seem to remember a previous post you talk bout people from sweetwater haveing bad retorts? are you a hypocrite or do u really think your funny?

zooleander
11-20-2005, 11:50 PM
i seem to remember a previous post you talk bout people from sweetwater haveing bad retorts? are you a hypocrite or do u really think your funny?

i wasnt trying to be funny, i simply said i was from texas...a real knee slepper, eh

smustangs
11-20-2005, 11:51 PM
a knee slapper or being too ashamed of your towns football program to admit were your from

stangpride
11-20-2005, 11:51 PM
looks liek they nearly just got it, man i was hoping sooo much they'd get beat, they arent that great of a team and its gonna be even better whenever monahans whoops them...IF THEY EVEN GET PAST IP!!! haha they 4-3a talkin about sweepin 3-3a....monahans will prolly single handedly wipe out 2 of the 4-3a "BIG 3"....and ummm, pretty sure their running game isnt as awesome as everyone thinks....they have 3 and 22 who are fast IF they can get open....but youll see, big heads will get u beat, and snyder had big heads as well, abilene wylie...sry, bad news for them....Gainesville is going to be too much for Keenum and co.

i wasnt plannin on posting this season anymore cuz i honestly expected for both sweetwater and snyder to lose first round, oh and bubba joe.....ive been reading ur posts about sweetwater and the playoffs...WHOOPTY DO!!!...thats in the past, sweetwater's population is going down as fast as that scrub 'lake' they have i hate even gettin w/ in 10 miles of that town anymore
I just want yall to know thaqt I enjoy listenin to all those who think they are experts but we have only had to use 3 and 22 but you cant get passed our defense and we have receivers that havnt missed a ball were just waiting to break them out for when we need them I dont know if youve noticed but besides wylie friday has been the only time we have been down at the half and we outscored them 31-6 in the second half so yall just keep talkin and well keep playin and well show u whose right and whoever your team is let us play them if we havnt already beat them and we prolly will beat them and we dont get big headed for your info we just play and do a pretty good job of winning and wylie is better than ur givin them credit for also
i

zooleander
11-20-2005, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by stangpride
hey...smarty...dont type in the quote box

i know how good wylie is, and i know how good gainseville is....and no sweetwater is not going to play "my team", as i have said in a previous post...i am but a SPECTATOR, i do not cheer for one side more than another, i watch the game as it is, and state the facts as they are

cindy2005
11-20-2005, 11:57 PM

whats wrong with livin in a small town...that dont mean anything! OH and ACTUALLY ALL our f ball games are played on 104.7 (the bear) and the school web site is www.ipcisd.net and we have a daily paper..its called the Iowa Park Leader but anyways I dont see how ANY of this has to do with f ball...but all I can say is that I hope IP comes out and plays good friday and we come out on top!! go hawks!!

stangpride
11-20-2005, 11:58 PM
And how would you know that Wylie, Sweetwater, and Snyder have the hardest district? Because you think so, or someone publised it so it must be true?

Maybe they get that we have the hardest district because a lot of districts dont have 1 top ten team we have 3 and at 1 time it was 3 and 4 then 10
maybe you should read up on things

zooleander
11-21-2005, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by cindy2005
whats wrong with livin in a small town...that dont mean anything! OH and ACTUALLY ALL our f ball games are played on 104.7 (the bear) and the school web site is www.ipcisd.net and we have a daily paper..its called the Iowa Park Leader but anyways I dont see how ANY of this has to do with f ball...but all I can say is that I hope IP comes out and plays good friday and we come out on top!! go hawks!!
its ok cindy....all the sweetwater fans know good and well they are going to be very small in the future, the only thing going for that town now is the new walmart and the farm and tractor supply

zooleander
11-21-2005, 12:01 AM
Maybe they get that we have the hardest district because a lot of districts dont have 1 top ten team we have 3 and at 1 time it was 3 and 4 then 10
they were ranked that until their true colors shown...just cuz u are RANKED a top ten team, doesnt mean u really ARE a top ten team

Tweeder215
11-21-2005, 01:13 AM
Sweetwater is hands down more talented but if they play like they did against Littlefield then we need to be ready to dribble the roundball.......However, I wouldnt feel right if I didn't say GO MUSTANGS, I'll be there and I hope you all got your butts whipped enough in the first half last week that it won't happen again........If they play - Stangs by as much as they want, If they don't - IP by 14

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-21-2005, 01:19 AM
My take on the Hawks:

They will use misdirection, throw back passes and even throw in sopme single wing which most teams have never seen. They can line up in a wing T, single wing, double wing, I or shotgun. They may just line up in all of those. However, it seems like they have been using Shotgun and spreading teams out then running the heck out of the football.

Ip has a good football team.

zooleander
11-21-2005, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
My take on the Hawks:

They will use misdirection, throw back passes and even throw in sopme single wing which most teams have never seen. They can line up in a wing T, single wing, double wing, I or shotgun. They may just line up in all of those. However, it seems like they have been using Shotgun and spreading teams out then running the heck out of the football.

Ip has a good football team.

so does sweetwater...but its hard to play %100 when a big head slows ya down

and s'water has some...BIG ONES

rockdale80
11-21-2005, 02:41 AM

What does "ranked" mean in High School Football? Does ranked mean you still have all three of the teams representing your district still in the playoffs? Does ranked mean you really are the number 3,4 and 10 team in the state. Or does ranked mean that someone thinks that is where you stand? I thought rankings were opinions. Just a thought. I don't have to research rankings at all. They mean nothing. What happens on game day says enough to me. But if they mean something to you then D19 also had 3 teams in the top 10-15 depending on what polls mean the most to you, and they are all 3 still playing.

jmcgee
11-21-2005, 05:54 AM
Man everyone needs to chill out.everyone from Sweetwater just shut up with the trash talk your just making yourselves sound just as dumb or dumber in some cases as zooleander.Lets let the STANGS and the Hawks do all the talking Friday at 6:00pm. And Lew P chill out with small town comments. I live in a small and I'm proud of it. And apparently you are from the same small town so I wouldnt be talkin about anybody elses small town. It's just not the respectful thing to do.

big daddy russ
11-21-2005, 06:39 AM
This thread feels like deja vu for some strange reason. So zoo, what you're saying is that 4-3A's a joke? (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23762) Just clearing everything up.

Man, I wish I could remember how they did last year. (http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/tlo/79R/billtext/HR01039F.HTM) I know both of their D2 teams sucked. (http://www.tsrnsports.com/Football_2004/Bracket-3A-Div2-2004.html)

Ranger Mom
11-21-2005, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
This thread feels like deja vu for some strange reason. So zoo, what you're saying is that 4-3A's a joke? (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23762) Just clearing everything up.

Man, I wish I could remember how they did last year. (http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/tlo/79R/billtext/HR01039F.HTM) I know both of their D2 teams sucked. (http://www.tsrnsports.com/Football_2004/Bracket-3A-Div2-2004.html)

:clap: :clap: That was a nice little stroll down memory lane!:)

WitchyWoman
11-21-2005, 10:00 AM
Good Morning everyone.... Just wanted to say Way to go Sweetwater S'tangs, you had me chewing my nails off the first half.... but you came back and showed what you had... Good Luck against IP... sorry Injured gotta go with the S'tangs!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

DaHop72
11-21-2005, 10:17 AM
Congrats to Sweetwater and Wylie. Tough games for both teams. Close games tend to toughen teams.

zeus63
11-21-2005, 10:17 AM
Saw the Littlefield game. Littlefield kept pace during the first half, but just didn't have the depth to go all the way with a team like Sweetwater. Only thing I couldn't figure out is why the heck did Sweetwater not try to get the ball into Green's hands every time they threw the ball. There was no one, and I mean no one that could keep pace with that kid. I don't think I have ever seen anyone take off like he does. He is lightning fast. Hope he gets the opportunity to play past high school.

rockdale80
11-21-2005, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ

Unfortunately, last year's accolades mean nothing this season. I am sure that Sweetwater and Wylie are good teams, but I am not buying that they are the best of the best because of last year or the polls. Now they may very well win state, and then deserve all the credit that they try to pour on themselves, but until then I am not buying. I am not saying they aren't contenders, I just think that their are many other teams out there that have just as good of a chance to win as they do.

zeus63
11-21-2005, 02:33 PM
You make a great point. Everybody has a chance to win, otherwise what would be the point of playing the game.

Macarthur
11-21-2005, 02:51 PM
.....next week against IP....i'm going to have to say that i'm not all that worried....they have played some rinky dinky teams to get here and from what i understand are 5-6???....correct me if i'm wrong.....but unless we play like we did against littlefield....i'm not too worried...............oh and zooleander...i would LOVE to hear you tell #3&22 (joseph banyard and skye green by the way)..that they are not fast.........

You need to go back and take a look at their schedule. They played 3 4A schools plus Gainesville and Wimberly in pre-district. I wouldn't call any of them rinky dink.

You keep looking at IP's record all week and keep repeating that over and over. You may just wake up Monday in the gym dribbling the basketball.

mustang68
11-21-2005, 03:45 PM
Zoo-boy you need to stop smoking whatever it is you are smoking

Stang_Fan713
11-21-2005, 03:49 PM
As I stated in the thread about Sweetwater vs. Iowa Park, Zoo isn't as bad as he can sound sometime. I had a chance to speak with him in the chat room last night, and he isn't as bad as I thought he was when I first read some of his post. He made some very good points when we talked last night, and I must say that he DOES know his football.

zooleander
11-21-2005, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by mustang68
Zoo-boy you need to stop smoking whatever it is you are smoking

its a lil thing called reality

ive talked to several posters on here, and they know for a fact im not AGAINST sweetwater, i am merely against all the hype and big-headedness that is very appearant here on the downlow AND at the games, maybe one day those kids who are playing now will realize how they couldve been so much better BUT! back to reality, sweetwater gets its act together they MIGHT win, they play rinky-dink like they did last fri.....next winning season theyll see is girls basketball

mustang68
11-21-2005, 04:02 PM
its a lil thing called reality

ive talked to several posters on here, and they know for a fact im not AGAINST sweetwater, i am merely against all the hype and big-headedness that is very appearant here on the downlow AND at the games, maybe one day those kids who are playing now will realize how they couldve been so much better BUT! back to reality, sweetwater gets its act together they MIGHT win, they play rinky-dink like they did last fri.....next winning season theyll see is girls basketball

So IP wins?

zooleander
11-21-2005, 04:04 PM
So IP wins?
from what i think...yes they win

i would like to see the mustangs win, hell, i'd like to see them actually play to their full potential for once in the past 4 years and actually win state, but, its same story different year, a select few will slack and it takes them home the "L"

mustang68
11-21-2005, 04:09 PM

i would like to see the mustangs win, hell, i'd like to see them actually play to their full potential for once in the past 4 years and actually win state, but, its same story different year, a select few will slack and it takes them home the "L"

You may be on to something. They were awfully sluggish when they didn't score that first TD after the turnover.

garciap77
11-21-2005, 04:10 PM
Explain why IP wins. Do not know much about IP.

smustangs
11-21-2005, 04:11 PM
i heard they had an awsome offensive tackle sumptin like ranked 8 best offensive lineman in the state any truth to this?

zooleander
11-21-2005, 04:12 PM
You may be on to something. They were awfully sluggish when they didn't score that first TD after the turnover.
yes....and all i have to say keep #5 from throwing..he did ok in district it seems, but was not impressive at all in the game...the coaches seemed to wisen-up a lil by leaving kendal in....but u know what, he should have been starting every game after he played a BIG role in the win over Perryton up at WTAMU's stadium in 03

smustangs
11-21-2005, 04:13 PM
he did step up big i was on the field with him and he was such a leader even though he was just thrown to wolves so to speak

zooleander
11-21-2005, 04:14 PM
he did step up big i was on the field with him and he was such a leader even though he was just thrown to wolves so to speak

so u played with him? what position were you?

smustangs
11-21-2005, 04:23 PM
right tackle

zooleander
11-21-2005, 04:27 PM
ahhh ic, down in the trenches, eh....well then u know what im talking about going into games w/ ur head not on straight....if i remember right, yall were supposed to play vernon like first game of the year and yall made them punt but punt returner fumbled, then they ended up scoring, weatehr got bad and yall never got to see offense and they talked alot of mess?? i heard some friends tell me about it, then i also heard that yall were going into the playoff game thinking yall were going to kill them cuz of how yall were doing good and then look what happened...a loss of 3-6

smustangs
11-21-2005, 04:29 PM
ya the nasty hogs down in the trenches no one loves us but our coaches an mommas haha. exactly makes me mad but i cant argue that point. its very dissapointing to be a varsity starter and never step on the field ur first varsity game haha.

garciap77
11-21-2005, 04:34 PM
That happed to Wylie in 2001 with Vernon. They were 3rd in dist. Wylie went in with big heads and lost.

smustangs
11-21-2005, 04:37 PM
correct me if im wrong but wasnt it in 2000 when clyde beat wylie in district the same symptoms accompany that one as well

pero chato
11-21-2005, 04:51 PM
correct me if im wrong but wasnt it in 2000 when clyde beat wylie in district the same symptoms accompany that one as well

OK I'll correct you, it was 2003 when Clyde beat Wylie, 17-7.
In 2000, Wylie beat Clyde 40-0.

zooleander
11-21-2005, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by pero chato
OK I'll correct you, it was 2003 when Clyde beat Wylie, 17-7.
HEY "BULL DOG" in spanish...ready for saturday night??

smustangs
11-21-2005, 04:52 PM
sry wasnt for sure the year thanks

garciap77
11-21-2005, 05:06 PM
Bottom line is do not go in to a game with big head or you'll pay for it. It happened to Breckg vs Monah when Breckg was Number 1 in state and they got beat bad.

pero chato
11-21-2005, 05:21 PM
HEY "BULL DOG" in spanish...ready for saturday night??

Si seņor. You're the first to catch my nickname. I guess the correct term in spanish for Bulldog is Presso de Perro, or something like that. Pero chato is a rough translation.

I hope we're ready. Shouldn't have any "big head" problems. Gainesville is the real deal again this year, and we know that. In '03 we were able to pass on them, but they caught our receivers very quickly. We have a chance if the defense steps it up several notches.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-21-2005, 05:26 PM
Sweetwater has a very good team. They have a good offense with speed they have a solid defense and great coaching. The Mustangs have what it takes to be a state championship team.

Iowa Park also has some of the very same traits. They have an expolisve offense. They can score from anywhere on the field meaning they also have speed that can break a long one. They have a solid defense, more bend and don't break type. They have a coach that will throw all kinds of trick plays at you. I haven't seen them do that a lot this year but just when your not ready for it they line up in a single wing and then roll to the right then throw back to the left for a TD.

IP now has their confidence back. They had a terrible start but those 5 losses mean nothing now. Sweetwater had better be prepared for a top caliber team this weekend.

My prediction:

I have no idea. I figured this would be a good game and if and I say if Sweetwater is to go down IP would be the team that I think could do it. Deep down I think Sweetwater has a better team, but you know how it is the best team doesn't always win.

I'll be rooting for IP because of all the "toughest district in the state talk" just to serve up some crow. Knowing that Wylie was beat by Graham and if IP can upset Sweetwater then that would be vindication on District 5's part.

Give us some respect District 4.

I Bleed Red08
11-21-2005, 06:04 PM
yah we have been talkin mess for quite some time now and i have tried to quit. like i said earlier in this thread i think. i want two teams to go in there, play their hearts out, one come out victorious, and gon on with and whoever loses well then its basketball season

LewP
11-21-2005, 07:43 PM
Sweetwater has a very good team. They have a good offense with speed they have a solid defense and great coaching. The Mustangs have what it takes to be a state championship team.

Iowa Park also has some of the very same traits. They have an expolisve offense. They can score from anywhere on the field meaning they also have speed that can break a long one. They have a solid defense, more bend and don't break type. They have a coach that will throw all kinds of trick plays at you. I haven't seen them do that a lot this year but just when your not ready for it they line up in a single wing and then roll to the right then throw back to the left for a TD.

IP now has their confidence back. They had a terrible start but those 5 losses mean nothing now. Sweetwater had better be prepared for a top caliber team this weekend.

My prediction:

I have no idea. I figured this would be a good game and if and I say if Sweetwater is to go down IP would be the team that I think could do it. Deep down I think Sweetwater has a better team, but you know how it is the best team doesn't always win.

I'll be rooting for IP because of all the "toughest district in the state talk" just to serve up some crow. Knowing that Wylie was beat by Graham and if IP can upset Sweetwater then that would be vindication on District 5's part.

Give us some respect District 4.

That was a great post Z Motion.
Please understand not all Sweetwater fans talk smack. I think your team has certainly gotten my respect. Should be a great game. Good luck to ya'll ....well, I was gonna say this week, but you know what I mean. Take care.

Stownhorse
11-21-2005, 07:51 PM
Defense is the key.....

mustang04
11-21-2005, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
Defense is the key.....
oh yay...another freakin Sweetwater vs. Vernon playoff game...we all know how that song went:( :(

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-21-2005, 09:36 PM
mustang04, I think the IP and Sweetwater game will have some scoring and I hope that it is a close one and not a blow out. I really like both of these teams.

It is interesting because IP has lost 5 games.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-21-2005, 09:41 PM
Please understand not all Sweetwater fans talk smack.

I know they don't Sweetwater has a quality football program year in and year out. They have my respect believe me. There are some younger ones that get into a belief that they are the only team in west texas and will just walk all over all the others. A swaggar I guess. Graham suffered from this after winning the distict 3 years in a row. They went on to win it 6 times in a row and those players and students did not respect the other district teams even when Graham lost the first round playoff games and the IP's and Vernon's would advance in the playoffs. It took IP beating them 2 years in a row and Vernon beating them to finally wake them up. This year the Graham posters have been very respectful, which is a change.

Ranger Mom
11-21-2005, 09:53 PM
This year the Graham posters have been very respectful, which is a change.

For the most part...there was "steerfever"..I think it was...he was a little nutso!! :D

LewP
11-21-2005, 09:57 PM
mustang04, I think the IP and Sweetwater game will have some scoring and I hope that it is a close one and not a blow out. I really like both of these teams.

Z,

I think the IP record means nothing because the IP team today is much different than it was in September...

IP has it going on now.

its_n_ D_water
11-21-2005, 09:57 PM
Well its hard sometimes for the younger posters to control their emotions ..... I'm pretty new to this message board..I dont post very much but I do read mostly everything on here.... I have noticed some Sweetwater posters tend to sound alittle cocky....They dont think things through before posting..I myself am a BIg highschool football fan and have learned to respect other peoples opinons. BUt some posters on here on just here to argue..

mustang04
11-21-2005, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by its_n_ D_water
Well its hard sometimes for the younger posters to control their emotions ..... I'm pretty new to this message board..I dont post very much but I do read mostly everything on here.... I have noticed some Sweetwater posters tend to sound alittle cocky....They dont think things through before posting..I myself am a BIg highschool football fan and have learned to respect other peoples opinons. BUt some posters on here on just here to argue.. there are alot of cocky lil posters on here now..i remember when first joined, there were like 3 of us from sweetwater on here, 3-4, but we werent like they are now....this zooleander guy, as much as he does stir things up....i actually agree w/ 95% of what he has to say..its more logical then agreeing w/ someone who says "Sweetwater's the best team, i know cuz Im from sweetwater, HA! take that" lol

LewP
11-21-2005, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
You need to go back and take a look at their schedule. They played 3 4A schools plus Gainesville and Wimberly in pre-district. I wouldn't call any of them rinky dink.

You keep looking at IP's record all week and keep repeating that over and over. You may just wake up Monday in the gym dribbling the basketball.

Hey Mac...it doesn't matter..but I think the Gainesville game was a rain out...during that time of the hurricane?

But your point is still valid. I don't think any team should be taken for granted this deep in the playoffs.

jmcgee
11-21-2005, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
there are alot of cocky lil posters on here now..i remember when first joined, there were like 3 of us from sweetwater on here, 3-4, but we werent like they are now....this zooleander guy, as much as he does stir things up....i actually agree w/ 95% of what he has to say..its more logical then agreeing w/ someone who says "Sweetwater's the best team, i know cuz Im from sweetwater, HA! take that" lol I was on this board back then I took about a year off then forgot my user name and password. It may have been deleted because since then the DOWNLOW has changed a Little.

stangpride
11-21-2005, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Tweeder215
Sweetwater is hands down more talented but if they play like they did against Littlefield then we need to be ready to dribble the roundball.......However, I wouldnt feel right if I didn't say GO MUSTANGS, I'll be there and I hope you all got your butts whipped enough in the first half last week that it won't happen again........If they play - Stangs by as much as they want, If they don't - IP by 14

I know we played pretty bad in the first half friday but we did come back and I am not saying that we can do it every week because we cant but i am tired of "spectators" judging by the score and saying that were not even a good team. Beating a team by 18 and only actually playing 1 half is quite an accomplishment but yeah ip is better than that but look for the stangs to come out hittin.

stangpride
11-21-2005, 10:36 PM
What does "ranked" mean in High School Football? Does ranked mean you still have all three of the teams representing your district still in the playoffs? Does ranked mean you really are the number 3,4 and 10 team in the state. Or does ranked mean that someone thinks that is where you stand? I thought rankings were opinions. Just a thought. I don't have to research rankings at all. They mean nothing. What happens on game day says enough to me. But if they mean something to you then D19 also had 3 teams in the top 10-15 depending on what polls mean the most to you, and they are all 3 still playing.

How many teams does your district still have in the play-offs usually all 3 of ours are still in but yes 1 did take a team too lightly but the 3rd round is not for losers and were not done yet see how far our 2 teams go and how far your teams go if you still have any that are in.

stangpride
11-21-2005, 10:44 PM

you know zoo as much as i have hated reading your posts and as much as it has made me you have really just said something that i agree with it seems like when we turn the ball over instead of gettin up and making it better we get down but i do think this week will be different because me and a lot of others have played for 14 years and to see it come short on my last year i just couldnt handle that

stangpride
11-21-2005, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by pero chato
Si seņor. You're the first to catch my nickname. I guess the correct term in spanish for Bulldog is Presso de Perro, or something like that. Pero chato is a rough translation.

I hope we're ready. Shouldn't have any "big head" problems. Gainesville is the real deal again this year, and we know that. In '03 we were able to pass on them, but they caught our receivers very quickly. We have a chance if the defense steps it up several notches.

I know this is off subject but i wanted to tell you and everyone else from wylie good luck this friday i hope yall can go all the way again and help to show that 43a is not a joke i just hope we can do the same.

stangpride
11-21-2005, 10:56 PM

not too interesting this should be a very good one im not going to say who i think will win the games they lost was against mineral wells withita falls and i cant exactly remember but other great teams those 5 losses do not take out of ips play at all theyre a good team.

rockdale80
11-22-2005, 12:47 AM
How many teams does your district still have in the play-offs usually all 3 of ours are still in but yes 1 did take a team too lightly but the 3rd round is not for losers and were not done yet see how far our 2 teams go and how far your teams go if you still have any that are in.

All 3 of them are still playing. I wasn't trying to get in a pi$$ing contest with you. I was just saying that rankings dont matter anymore than last years performance does. I was pointing out the fact that there are many teams that have a legitimate shot at the title. If you dont think any of the D19 teams are legit then ask Bellville, Marlin, Rice, Waco Connally, Robinson, and Hempstead. Those 3 teams left don't really matter if they don't end up winning the "Big Dance," just refuting what some of the more passionate Sweetwater posters have to say about their district being the best. There are a few others with 2 teams still in it as well that have a chance of winning both divisions. My only point was that it is a little premature to be talking about who had/has the hardest district until it is all over. And if some of the Sweetwater players take IP as lightly as some of the townsfolk then your season may be over pretty soon as well.

Tweeder215
11-22-2005, 01:32 AM
Sounds like we are gettin the picture a little bit that we are a VERY BEATABLE team, just like any other. Hope I'm right and we understand that and go play lights out football otherwise its on to the hardwood. Good Luck Sweetwater.

sweetwater07
11-22-2005, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by zeus63
Saw the Littlefield game. Littlefield kept pace during the first half, but just didn't have the depth to go all the way with a team like Sweetwater. Only thing I couldn't figure out is why the heck did Sweetwater not try to get the ball into Green's hands every time they threw the ball. There was no one, and I mean no one that could keep pace with that kid. I don't think I have ever seen anyone take off like he does. He is lightning fast. Hope he gets the opportunity to play past high school.

he won't play college ball. his parents both went to state in track like he did last year and from what he has told me has no intentions on even playing f-ball next year for fear of getting hurt and not being able to run track............his sport is on the black circle and thats what he will sign for........................joseph banyard on the other hand will go for football for sure....hes not as fast as green but bigger and harder to pull down...as linebacker he is amazing... i can see him playing college ball if he gets the recognition he needs.....jackson never gives banyard the ball because he is a really good blocker for skye green.. banyard had two td's on the night last week and from what i have noticed and spoken to his mother about is used for short yards. he is also able to break and push ppl down in his way to get to the endzone...........we have a sophmore fullback that doesn't get much credit and is very very good......littlefield probably got tired of seeing him run straight up the middle...#36 auston something....if i woudn't have started this post i could have told you his last name! thats irritating!!

zeus63
11-22-2005, 09:55 AM
he won't play college ball. his parents both went to state in track like he did last year and from what he has told me has no intentions on even playing f-ball next year for fear of getting hurt and not being able to run track............his sport is on the black circle and thats what he will sign for........................joseph banyard on the other hand will go for football for sure....hes not as fast as green but bigger and harder to pull down...as linebacker he is amazing... i can see him playing college ball if he gets the recognition he needs.....jackson never gives banyard the ball because he is a really good blocker for skye green.. banyard had two td's on the night last week and from what i have noticed and spoken to his mother about is used for short yards. he is also able to break and push ppl down in his way to get to the endzone...........we have a sophmore fullback that doesn't get much credit and is very very good......littlefield probably got tired of seeing him run straight up the middle...#36 auston something....if i woudn't have started this post i could have told you his last name! thats irritating!!

Thanks for the info. That's great that he wants to run track. Either way he deserves to get a scholarship somewhere he is a great athlete as is Banyard. I hope they both do well.

sww-bull52
11-22-2005, 09:59 AM
Auston Davis #36

sweetwater07
11-22-2005, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by sww-bull52
Auston Davis #36

thanks...asked him this morning and felt like a dumba$$

sweetwater07
11-22-2005, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by zeus63
Thanks for the info. That's great that he wants to run track. Either way he deserves to get a scholarship somewhere he is a great athlete as is Banyard. I hope they both do well.

trying to convince him to commit to baylor....i tell him if he's smart he'll go there...nice campus nice school and probably the best track team in the nation!!