PDA

View Full Version : New School

HighSchool Fan
11-19-2005, 09:34 PM
Gainesville residents finally approved a bond to build a new high school and renovate the old one. they passed a $29.5 million bond today.

Keith7
11-19-2005, 09:37 PM
but no new sports facilties :(

3afan
11-19-2005, 09:43 PM
build a new high school and renovate the old one. 2 high schools?

Keith7
11-19-2005, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
build a new high school and renovate the old one. 2 high schools?

No they are moving the junior high into the Old highschool, and getting rid of the current Junior high becuase it was built by a Public Works program during the Great depression

KTJ
11-19-2005, 09:47 PM
It's about time!

And yeah, I'm upset that a new stadium isn't going to be built.

Keith7
11-19-2005, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
It's about time!

And yeah, I'm upset that a new stadium isn't going to be built.

At least there is sopposed to be a new gym! but of course they are only building that to have graduation :rolleyes:

etbu
11-19-2005, 09:51 PM
Could live in Huffman where they built a 28 million dollar high school and no new GYM not to mention that we play in a DUMP for a stadium. We are about to go four-A Thats ok though because we have a $650,000 Ag Barn.

Sorry guys had to vent. LOL:hairpunk: :hand: :eek:

Keith7
11-19-2005, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by etbu
Could live in Huffman where they built a 28 million dollar high school and no new GYM not to mention that we play in a DUMP for a stadium. We are about to go four-A Thats ok though because we have a $650,000 Ag Barn.

Sorry guys had to vent. LOL:hairpunk: :hand: :eek:

I think that is what this thread is kinda about for us.. the original bond election called for a new football stadium, new gym, new baseball stadium, new softball stadium, and all of this on campus, but was narely turned down, and was critisized because the older generation thought they were putting too much money into athletics and not enough on the class room, so when they made the new bond election they left out all the athletics and claim the gym is only being built to help house Graduation (but the basketball teams can play there until then)

Astrosdawg07
11-19-2005, 10:15 PM
Jasper needs new Football and basketball stadiums/gyms.

HighSchool Fan
11-20-2005, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by Keith7
I think that is what this thread is kinda about for us.. the original bond election called for a new football stadium, new gym, new baseball stadium, new softball stadium, and all of this on campus, but was narely turned down, and was critisized because the older generation thought they were putting too much money into athletics and not enough on the class room, so when they made the new bond election they left out all the athletics and claim the gym is only being built to help house Graduation (but the basketball teams can play there until then)

don't leave out that the last time they wanted a new soccer field so they wouldn't have to play on the football field. they were gonna use field turf on the football field so they didn't need another field for soccer. the tried to tell the public that anything over 10 events a year would hurt the field turf. they wanted a practice baseball field and a practice softball field, so they wouldn't have to practice on the regular fields. there was to much of that money going on the sports side on that bond. that was a bond that needed to be voted down.

LH Panther Mom
11-20-2005, 07:50 AM
Congrats on the new school. :)

HighSchool Fan
11-20-2005, 07:56 AM
what's sad is the number of people who didn't vote. 2152 people voted. that's ridiculous for a town the size of Gainesville.

3afan
11-20-2005, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
... anything over 10 events a year would hurt the field turf. .

i dont think thats true ... HOGWASH ! ;)

HighSchool Fan
11-20-2005, 08:00 AM
i dont think thats true ... HOGWASH ! ;)

i agree with you

3afan
11-20-2005, 08:06 AM
HSF - check PM

HighSchool Fan
11-20-2005, 08:11 AM
HSF - check PM

got it, he's not right

3afan
11-20-2005, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan