PDA

View Full Version : any close races for district champs this year

crazy3afan
09-29-2003, 02:04 PM
now that district play is here, are there going to be any districts that might have to what until the last week to crown a district champ this year. if so what district and what teams will give each other a close race

Bellville22
09-29-2003, 02:09 PM
District 23 will almost certainly come down to the last week.

Bellville, Navasota, and Sealy will all make a push. Each has one at home and one on the road. Many think that there will be no undefeated team in 23, we'll have to wait and see.

Columbus and Stafford could play spoiler. The Columbus/Navasota matchup should be interesting. We've seen the Cards stop one good running attack in Rice, I think they get Navasota at home and they could cause problems for Chris Smith and the Rattlers, but doubtful. Stafford on the other hand has been putting up pretty good passing numbers, and could perhaps exploit a weak secondary.

Gobbla2001
09-29-2003, 02:10 PM
Well, district 27-3A hasn't kicked-off just yet, but it'll looking to be a good race...

Yoakum, Cuero and Gonzales (in that order) were the teams predicted to get into the playoffs at the start of the season... Now Hallettsville is on a roll and Gonzales is missing their starting QB... Luling will be in the mix as well, fighting H'Ville and Gonzales for 3rd place, but watch out for Goliad, they'll be playing spoiler and should atleast get one upset...

Commerce Fan
09-29-2003, 02:14 PM
11-3a not much there looks like quinlan the race will be for 2nd between Royce City, Commerce and North Lamar

<small>[ September 29, 2003, 02:23 PM: Message edited by: Commerce Fan ]</small>

therealbulldogs
09-29-2003, 02:32 PM
I think that in district 25 the winner of course is going to be Burnet, but the race for second and third place is going to be really close. Bandera, Wimberly, Llano, and Liberty Hill are all capable of taking those two spots. It will be fun to see who comes out of this district.

Fletch
09-29-2003, 02:47 PM
Gainesville looks like a lock for 2nd place in 9AAA. :D

DarkWing
09-29-2003, 03:46 PM
Fletch:
Gainesville looks like a lock for 2nd place in 9AAA. :D I would give them a lock on 3rd.

MonkeyJoe
09-29-2003, 04:22 PM
2nd?..Gainesville goes 5-0 in district this year.
i guarantee...
3rd? even if Celina happens to beat them (but they wont), who else would beat them?
Gainesville will finish 1st, Celina 2nd, and Van Alstyne 3rd.

Birdman
09-29-2003, 04:51 PM
21-AAA should come down to the last week. Bridge City will travel to Anahuac for what looks to be quite a showdown. The playoff spots will already be decided as BC is D1 and Anahuac will be D2. wink

DarkWing
09-29-2003, 05:04 PM
MonkeyJoe:
2nd?..Gainesville goes 5-0 in district this year.
i guarantee...
3rd? even if Celina happens to beat them (but they wont), who else would beat them?
Gainesville will finish 1st, Celina 2nd, and Van Alstyne 3rd.Don't slip on your banana MonkeyJoe! I'm just ribbing you with the lock in on the 3rd place. My team (Celina) would do well to beat Gainsville.

ctownqb
09-29-2003, 09:46 PM
district 23 has got to be one of the hardest 3a dirsticts to play in, in the state. Last year it came down to 'literally' a coin toss in a mcdonalds parking lot in hempstead between 3 teams who would make the play offs because... columbus navasota and sealy all tied for second, while bellville won district. navosota beat sealy, sealy beat columbus and columbus beat navosota. This year can turn out similar to this. All i am going to say is somebody is going to be upset somewhere and things are not going to turn out like predicted. For example in the last 3 yrs columbus has not been predicted to make the playoffs including this year but they keep finding there way in it and hopefully this year will be the same. Go cardinals!

FBmania
09-29-2003, 10:01 PM
22-3A will be a battle between Barbers Hill and Liberty with a couple of sleepers. It still is too early to tell but Cleveland and Splendora may try to create some havoc ( actually, Cleveland already has ). Coldspring has me scratching my head, I don't know what's going to happen with them. What troubles me about Liberty is the games that they have normally lost in recent years, they are finding a way to win. To me, that helps build character, team unity etc...but until someone dethrones those Eagles, young as they are I have to believe they'll keep the title again. We are just going to have a tougher time keeping it due to the stiffer competition in the district.

JasperDog94
09-29-2003, 10:03 PM
District 20. There are 4 teams with a legit shot at number 1 in district. Newton's the favorite followed closely by Jasper. Then Kirbyville and Diboll have been making some noise. Looks like it's going to be a great season for district 20 AAA. :)