11-19-2005, 05:53 PM
36 - 34 over Barbers Hill.

SHS
11-19-2005, 06:01 PM
I s there a box score yet?

griff
11-19-2005, 06:38 PM
To all Barbers Hill fans...

The following message is intended ONLY for Jody. All other BH fans should not take this as a shot against you - it's all for Jody.

Well, Mr. Jody, you were wrong. You made comments on 3adownlow and on the WOS message board that Barbers Hill was better than WOS, they could beat us if they played, etc. You based much of this on your personal observation of WOS' game against Bay City. Well, as it turns out, Bay City was a better opponent than you gave them credit for and furthermore, there's no way BH could have beat Bay City.

When you look at the common opponents of WOS and BH, WOS was more impressive in their wins against those teams. Plus, we manhandled the same Kirbyville team that you lost to. Ultimately, matchups are what decides games, and WOS vs. BH never happened for us to see the result. However, the two teams played enough common opponents to get a good read on how each team measured up. Just read my signature for a reminder, and here's a few more:

Kirbyville 36
BH 34

WOS 42
Kirbyville 12

BH gave up 300+ rushing to HJ, WOS gave up one third of that total.

BH had a fine season, and I tip my hat to them. But you, Jody, are a blow hard with a spiteful attitude toward other good teams - WOS in particular. WOS would have beaten BH and you know it.

Once again let me stress this message is intended for Jody. He was cocky and arrogant on the WOS message board and this response to him is warranted.

Congratulations to the Eagles for a fine year.

shankbear
11-19-2005, 06:42 PM
let the post game smack begin

wos fan1
11-19-2005, 06:43 PM
Griff said it best.

shankbear
11-19-2005, 06:45 PM
Jody is a good guy for real.

griff
11-19-2005, 06:50 PM
Shankbear, a man's identity is defined by his actions. To say he's "a good guy" in one simple post does nothing to defeat the way he talked down to WOS on OUR message board.

He has shown his true colors. Don't bother defending him.

Backwoods
11-19-2005, 06:52 PM
Congrats K-ville. Newton is behind Jack and the 'Cats. Keep on rolling.:D Enjoy Roundball Jasper.

bulldogbark
11-19-2005, 06:57 PM
I for one will have the horn and cow bell out for our golf team.....GO Jasper putt that ball, putt that ball ,,,,,sink it for a birdie.....Gooooooo Golf.:D

wos fan1
11-19-2005, 07:07 PM
Alot of teams getting the BB needles out this week.

JHS_c/o_06'
11-19-2005, 07:14 PM
we're gonna have to hear about kville making it deeper in the playoffs then jasper til christ comes back. thats just great.

Hupernikomen
11-19-2005, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by griff
Shankbear, a man's identity is defined by his actions. To say he's "a good guy" in one simple post does nothing to defeat the way he talked down to WOS on OUR message board.

Griff you are the epitome of the aggronance that cause so many to loathe WO-S. I try hard to cheer for my fellow SE Texans but you make it near impossible.

wos fan1
11-19-2005, 07:22 PM
That does suck doesn't it...

wos fan1
11-19-2005, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
Griff you are the epitome of the aggronance that cause so many to loathe WO-S. I try hard to cheer for my fellow SE Texans but you make it near impossible. He doesn't make it impossible. What should make it impossible is when BH people give us a hard time everyday on this board saying how unimpressed they are with us. We blew Kirbyville out and so did BC, and Jasper.

Hupernikomen
11-19-2005, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by JHS_c/o_06'
we're gonna have to hear about kville making it deeper in the playoffs then jasper til christ comes back. thats just great.

Heck if I was a Kirbyville fan I would give us grief with the way some of our fans treated them after we beat them this year.

Ranger Mom
11-19-2005, 07:27 PM

Then go to the WOS board and talk smack to him. We, who have been on here since before Nov 2005, LIKE Jody.....and we will defend him if and when we want to!

Hupernikomen
11-19-2005, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by wos fan1
He doesn't make it impossible. What should make it impossible is when BH people give us a hard time everyday on this board saying how unimpressed they are with us. We blew Kirbyville out and so did BC, and Jasper.

No its the signature in about half the WO-S posters possession about who all the own and how great they are, and such childishness.

GS#17
11-19-2005, 07:35 PM
Why are you so worried about what a fan has in their signature line? Huper, you really need to get over it...

wos fan1
11-19-2005, 07:37 PM
No its the signature in about half the WO-S posters possession about who all the own and how great they are, and such childishness. OK then what about Jody's Signatures??? That's ok i guess??

shankbear
11-19-2005, 07:43 PM
nana nana boo boo

JHS_c/o_06'
11-19-2005, 07:44 PM
read the post wrong....my bad.

shankbear
11-19-2005, 07:54 PM
30 lashes for you and a chewing out by all anti-Jody, anti-RBARKEr posters

Astrosdawg07
11-19-2005, 08:03 PM
Honestly Wos1 fans sig does not bother me. The ones that are political motivated do bother me though.

wos fan1
11-19-2005, 08:05 PM
OK...Has anyone ever seen Jody's Sig??? Is that ok????

Astrosdawg07
11-19-2005, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by wos fan1
OK...Has anyone ever seen Jody's Sig??? Is that ok????

Yes and so is yours.

Ranger Mom
11-19-2005, 08:07 PM
I haven't seen his signature, nor have I read yours.

I don't pay any attention to any of the signatures, especially the ones that are just writing.

I like pictures!!:D :D

3afan
11-19-2005, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by shankbear
nana nana boo boo

haha

RBARKER
11-19-2005, 08:12 PM
This is crazy I knew the WOS posters were childish but good lord. THis post is to congradulate K-ville. Don't take away their win with ignorance.

shankbear
11-19-2005, 08:15 PM
a nice signature like:

HEY (your least favorite team here) CRAP AND BARK AT THE MOON!!

wos fan1
11-19-2005, 08:19 PM
How about when Jody said he had to go take Gasilla, HEB. T on our field on this board??

shankbear
11-19-2005, 08:27 PM
you mean take "a" gasilla, etc

Port_town_texas
11-19-2005, 08:53 PM
let the post game smack begin I knew this was gonna happen.........:D

3ABirdMan
11-19-2005, 09:10 PM
You know, I REALLY ought to stay out of this, but it's SSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hard not to!

IF you guys had ever met JODY, I honestly believe you would have a different attitude about him. I HAVE met him, and like several others have already posted, I think he's a pretty good guy - Lot's of fun, at his own expense as well as yours (or mine).

He'll make as much fun of RBARKER as he will me or anyone else. But when he knows your ribs are "sore", he'll keep poking at them, grinning the whole time!

I offered several times (on here, BC's site, and the WO-S site) to try to meet some of you WO-S guys at the BC - WO-S game, and got no reply whatsoever. So honestly, you don't anything about me other than the impression you have of me from my posts (except for that softball guy). The same can be said of Jody - If you haven't met him, you don't know him, or RBARKER, or shellman, or some of the other guys. So you will not sway my opinion of them one iota, but you are swaying my opinion of you!

I'm not trying to start a war here - I told myself to stay out of it, but couldn't. So anyway, good luck next week Mustangs.

shankbear
11-19-2005, 09:22 PM
3ABird, one of the gripers is easy to spot on the WO sideline. He's the one with his head so near the coach's bootie that if the coach reached for his wallet, the guy would get a broken nose. I met the BH guys also and they do poke fun at each other as much as they deal it out to wo or any other team.

GS#17
11-19-2005, 09:24 PM
Wait a second, let me see if I'm following you...

It's okay for Jody to make fun of anything since you know him, but since you haven't met WOS fans and we're making fun of him, it "sways your opinion" of us?

I'm sorry I didn't get to meet you before or after the WOS-BC game -- I honestly don't remember reading anything about a meet and greet; however, I would've enjoyed meeting you.

GS#17
11-19-2005, 09:26 PM
3ABird, one of the gripers is easy to spot on the WO sideline. He's the one with his head so near the coach's bootie that if the coach reached for his wallet, the guy would get a broken nose. I met the BH guys also and they do poke fun at each other as much as they deal it out to wo or any other team.

Hey, Shank, are you sure you're not talking about that high-powered attorney who follows the BC coach all over the place? I think I may have bumped into him a time or two... ;)

shankbear
11-19-2005, 09:35 PM
That guy isn't a griper either way is he?

GS#17
11-19-2005, 09:42 PM
That answer is probably up to each individual's perception of him... ;)

griff
11-19-2005, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Then go to the WOS board and talk smack to him. We, who have been on here since before Nov 2005, LIKE Jody.....and we will defend him if and when we want to!

Rangermom, I really don't care if you feel like I'm not part of your 3adownlow clique just because I signed on in November...as if having any kind of tenure here gives someone the respect of a veteran of foreign wars. Good grief, woman. You take this silly message board too seriously.

shankbear
11-19-2005, 09:48 PM
He's not that high powered anyway.:D

3ABirdMan
11-19-2005, 09:52 PM
I din't say it was OK - Heck, I don't even agree with OC's posts, and he's a friend of mine also. What I'm trying to imply is that you guys tend to (sometimes) be a little pushy (sometimes) with your opinions and comments (sometimes) and take everything on here way too seriously (sometimes). You guys boast about earning respect: I have it for your program, but not for some your posters, and that is because they haven't earned it yet....imo.

There's a lot on here, and BC's and WOS's web sites I don't agree with, but I usually keep my thoughts to myself (like I should have done here) - look at my member #, reg. date, and # of posts. I dare you to find ONE post where I have EVER talked smack without a smilie in there somewhere to let you know I was joking. There are several posters on here and elsewhere who continually stir things up for fun, not for satisfaction. Jody is one of those guys, and I for one wish you guys knew that, and didn't take it so seriously.

:doh: I knew better than to reply, and I even told you all that............:nerd:

shankbear
11-19-2005, 10:11 PM
3ABirdman, that has been exactly my sentiments all along. This is all in fun but too many take it too seriously.

shankbear
11-19-2005, 10:15 PM
GS 17 how is your dad?

RBARKER
11-19-2005, 10:21 PM
Thanks for the kind words Birdman I know you didn't want to post this.

griff
11-19-2005, 10:26 PM
No its the signature in about half the WO-S posters possession about who all the own and how great they are, and such childishness.

Huper, which posters are "about who all the own and how great they are...and such childishness"?

Here's one we can talk about...mine:

"WOS has the highest winning percentage of any team in Texas HS football history in all classifications"

Did you know that this is a FACT. Yes, look it up the records for yourself. Can you explain what is "childish" about a FACT? Stating this fact was an attempt by me to express pride in my alma mater, which many posters do for their school, whether they use text or artwork like Rangermom. What's so outrageous about that? It's sounds like you just don't like WOS. I can live with that, but don't hide behind it. Since Rangermom and I assume you, too, think Jody is this decent, cool guy, let me say that I can speak for most of the WOS posters (all but one or two) on this board that they, too, are good guys, and not arrogant (there is ONE WOS I will not vouch for - he's the one bad apple in every bunch - and I'll let you figure out who that is). So let's call that even.

My signature was also an attempt to difuse Jody's stupid signature saying that we (paraphrasing) "haven't won a playoff game in 5 years and we're ranked #1." One of his BH associates on this board told me in a private message that Jody is a professional crap starter, and he has proven that on the WOS board. Still, you don't know me or my friends from WOS, and I don't know Jody, or anyone else who has met him, so if you want we can leave at that.

Maybe some of us will meet in person sometime and discover that in reality we all have a sincere desire to follow the infinite wisdom of that great philiosopher Rodney King by all getting along.

footsball
11-19-2005, 10:31 PM
Huper, which posters are "about who all the own and how great they are...and such childishness"?

"WOS has the highest winning percentage of any team in Texas HS football history in all classifications"

Did you know that this is a FACT. Yes, look it up the records for yourself. Can you explain what is "childish" about a FACT? Stating this fact was an attempt by me to express pride in my alma mater, which many posters do for their school, whether they use text or artwork like Rangermom. What's so outrageous about that? It's sounds like you just don't like WOS. I can live with that, but don't hide behind it. Since Rangermom and I assume you, too, think Jody is this decent, cool guy, let me say that I can speak for most of the WOS posters (all but one or two) on this board that they, too, are good guys, and not arrogant (there is ONE WOS I will not vouch for - he's the one bad apple in every bunch - and I'll let you figure out who that is). So let's call that even.

My signature was also an attempt to difuse Jody's stupid signature saying that we (paraphrasing) "haven't won a playoff game in 5 years and we're ranked #1." One of his BH associates on this board told me in a private message that Jody is a professional crap starter, and he has proven that on the WOS board. Still, you don't know me or my friends from WOS, and I don't know Jody, or anyone else who has met him, so if you want we can leave at that.

Maybe some of us will meet in person sometime and discover that in reality we all have a sincere desire to follow the infinite wisdom of that great philiosopher Rodney King by all getting along.
where is your coach from?:D

griff
11-19-2005, 10:33 PM
Dan Hooks is originally from his mother's womb, then later raised in Barbers Hill...and your point is...?

GS#17
11-19-2005, 10:41 PM
GS 17 how is your dad?

He's doing well, thanks for asking! He's really enjoying the semi-retired life -- I don't think there's a day that goes by where he doesn't kid me about having to go to work! :)

shankbear
11-19-2005, 10:49 PM
GS 17, Oh to be semi retired, eh? We would run out of stuff to do at our young ages.......lol

Jody
11-20-2005, 01:29 AM
Griff,

It's all going to be ok. I remember when I was a #A baby and only had 16 post, then later relaized what a fool I was for taking anything said on here seriously. I find great pride in posting some outrageous post about how a # 99 team would "spank" a # 2 team, then watch fine oustanding individuals such as yourself who will spend hours looking at completely irrelevant statistics so they may come up with a 15 line signature.

Good luck to you and WOS, sure hope # 17 makes you feel beter...... :D :D :D

P.S. The smiles at the end of the statement are an indication that this is for fun.......just thought I would help you with that one.

griff
11-20-2005, 05:28 PM
Jody,

Now you're what I would call a man's man. I mean, look at the number of posts you've made here. Gosh, I can't wait to be just like you some day, buddy. This 3adownlow thing is boosting my self esteem every day. Jody, you're my hero.

j_dog
11-20-2005, 06:05 PM
Jody,

Now you're what I would call a man's man. I mean, look at the number of posts you've made here. Gosh, I can't wait to be just like you some day, buddy. This 3adownlow thing is boosting my self esteem every day. Jody, you're my hero.
Hey, I like Jody also. Fine fellow. So are all the other WOS, BC, and BH fans I have met. I have liked every one of you. Now, there may be one or two whom I HAVE NOT MET whom I am not too fond of, at least not too fond of their posting propensities. And I will also leave that name or names for you to figure out for yourselves. :D

But as for Jody, I say he knows how to push buttons, and many of you fall for it. :p That give him power over you, so he pushes some more. He doesn't try to push my buttons, because he knows I will run him up the flag pole and leave him there to freeze. :D

Jody
11-20-2005, 07:59 PM
Jody,

Oh stop it now, your gonna give me a big head. I am starting to feel like Ghandi here........without the flip-flops though......:D

Jody
11-20-2005, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by j_dog
Hey, I like Jody also. Fine fellow. So are all the other WOS, BC, and BH fans I have met. I have liked every one of you. Now, there may be one or two whom I HAVE NOT MET whom I am not too fond of, at least not too fond of their posting propensities. And I will also leave that name or names for you to figure out for yourselves. :D

But as for Jody, I say he knows how to push buttons, and many of you fall for it. :p That give him power over you, so he pushes some more. He doesn't try to push my buttons, because he knows I will run him up the flag pole and leave him there to freeze. :D

J_Dog,

How is that massage therapy coming? Hup and I were thinking about increasing your prospects by two.....LOL Just kidding.

Let's go watch a game soon.