PDA

View Full Version : Josh Beckett could be a Ranger

eagles_victory
11-19-2005, 03:30 PM
Peter Gammons is reporting there are some hot trade talks going on between the Rangers and Marlins. The Rangers would get Beckett and also have to take Mike Lowell's contract. The Marlins would recieve Hammering Hank. The holdup could be that the Marlins want the Rangers to part with either Thomas Diamond or John Danks. The Red Sox are also after Beckett.

3afan
11-19-2005, 03:31 PM
please no --- he has a lifetime losing record & QUIT on the marlins this year

Adidas410s
11-19-2005, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
please no --- he has a lifetime losing record & QUIT on the marlins this year

not to mention enough blisters to last a lifetime...

VWG
11-19-2005, 03:57 PM
I would give up Blalock for Beckett. Rangers have got to get pitching.
I would throw in Diamond or Danks too. Sure they've got tremendous potential but they are still unproven. With Beckett it gives you a number 1 starter for the rotation. Rangers can fill in the 3B spot with Lowell or Nevin.

HighSchool Fan
11-19-2005, 04:06 PM
not a good trade. a #1 picture should have a better record than 41-34. the NL is easier to pitch in than the AL also. most NL teams only has 7 or 8 good hitters in a line up. most AL teams have good hitters from top to bottom. i don't mind trading Hank, tho i'd rather they didn't, beckett is not the right person.

big daddy russ
11-19-2005, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
not a good trade. a #1 picture should have a better record than 41-34. the NL is easier to pitch in than the AL also. most NL teams only has 7 or 8 good hitters in a line up. most AL teams have good hitters from top to bottom. i don't mind trading Hank, tho i'd rather they didn't, beckett is not the right person.
That #1 pitcher is only 25 years old. Most #1's are in their early- to mid-30's. If you trade for Beckett, you're trading for potential.

If they don't give up any prospects I'd say it's a good trade. Lowell's a solid offensive player who had a down year. He's averaged about 27 homers and 95 RBI during the five-year span from 2000-2001. No Blalock, but if you're getting him and a guy like Beckett I think you're doing well.

I'd say go for it, then pick up AJ Burnett off of FA and use 1/2 of the Marlins old staff to get to the Series. It's not like they play in a tough division, take advantage while they can.

HighSchool Fan
11-19-2005, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
That #1 pitcher is only 25 years old. Most #1's are in their early- to mid-30's. If you trade for Beckett, you're trading for potential.

If they don't give up any prospects I'd say it's a good trade. Lowell's a solid offensive player who had a down year. He's averaged about 27 homers and 95 RBI during the five-year span from 2000-2001. No Blalock, but if you're getting him and a guy like Beckett I think you're doing well.

I'd say go for it, then pick up AJ Burnett off of FA and use 1/2 of the Marlins old staff to get to the Series. It's not like they play in a tough division, take advantage while they can.

if you go on potential than stick with DVD at Frisco.

Burnett wants 5 years guarantee, Rangers won't give a 5 year guarantee contract to a pitcher again.

Astrosdawg07
11-19-2005, 04:43 PM
This deal make no sense for the Rangers. I think Gammons is just blowing smoke to make news and have his name up in the air.

big daddy russ
11-19-2005, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
Burnett wants 5 years guarantee, Rangers won't give a 5 year guarantee contract to a pitcher again.
Don't blame them for not wanting to give Burnett 5 years. But I still think that if they stay healthy that Beckett, Santana, and Prior are the next Randy(s) and Pedro(s).