PDA

View Full Version : A letter to Gainesville

NateDawg39
11-19-2005, 12:41 PM
:tongue: That was mean!!! Oh well, yall played the most incredible D I have seen in a while. Man, last year was a whole nother story huh? I did hear some complaints from a few people on why Gainesville left the starters in during the 4th QTR. Well a few were taken, some stayed, but my opinion on that is because they wanted the shutout and deserved it. Cordell gave the starters more play time as a reward for keepin the Eagles at bay. Yall played an excellent game and have a calibur team again this year. If yall dont take state I will be really suprised. :mad: Yet when my little cousin takes the rains at Linebacker next year EVERYONE WILL BE SORRY!!!:evillaugh He is someone to look forward to in the coming years at Decatur. Good luck to Gainesville next week. Or should I say good luck to whoever yall pound on?

Adidas410s
11-19-2005, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
:tongue: That was mean!!! Oh well, yall played the most incredible D I have seen in a while. Man, last year was a whole nother story huh? I did hear some complaints from a few people on why Gainesville left the starters in during the 4th QTR. Well a few were taken, some stayed, but my opinion on that is because they wanted the shutout and deserved it. Cordell gave the starters more play time as a reward for keepin the Eagles at bay. Yall played an excellent game and have a calibur team again this year. If yall dont take state I will be really suprised. :mad: Yet when my little cousin takes the rains at Linebacker next year EVERYONE WILL BE SORRY!!!:evillaugh He is someone to look forward to in the coming years at Decatur. Good luck to Gainesville next week. Or should I say good luck to whoever yall pound on?

Again...not to be a homer but if anybody has a chance to beat them it is Wylie. They were able to "hang" with them in 2003 with nowhere near the talent that they have on the field in 2005. The reason I say this is because Sandifer gameplans as well as any coach in Texas and is great at adapting during the game. Hopefully we can get past Canyon this afternoon and we will all be treated to a matchup of the '03 and '04 State Champs!!! :D And they say Region 1 is weak...

NateDawg39
11-19-2005, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Again...not to be a homer but if anybody has a chance to beat them it is Wylie. They were able to "hang" with them in 2003 with nowhere near the talent that they have on the field in 2005. The reason I say this is because Sandifer gameplans as well as any coach in Texas and is great at adapting during the game. Hopefully we can get past Canyon this afternoon and we will all be treated to a matchup of the '03 and '04 State Champs!!! :D And they say Region 1 is weak... Yeah Sandifer does do a great job with game plans. I remember last year he had us (Decatur) in check all night. I think Wylie has what it takes but the trio of Franklin, West and Miller is dang good. Hope the defense of Wylie/Canyon are ready to play after this week.

Adidas410s
11-19-2005, 12:52 PM
Yeah Sandifer does do a great job with game plans. I remember last year he had us (Decatur) in check all night. I think Wylie has what it takes but the trio of Franklin, West and Miller is dang good. Hope the defense of Wylie/Canyon are ready to play after this week.

Hey if we can go from giving up 44 points to yall (42 in a half) to 13 in a game...then he can do anything!

mwynn05
11-19-2005, 12:56 PM
:tongue: That was mean!!! Oh well, yall played the most incredible D I have seen in a while. Man, last year was a whole nother story huh? I did hear some complaints from a few people on why Gainesville left the starters in during the 4th QTR. Well a few were taken, some stayed, but my opinion on that is because they wanted the shutout and deserved it. Cordell gave the starters more play time as a reward for keepin the Eagles at bay. Yall played an excellent game and have a calibur team again this year. If yall dont take state I will be really suprised. :mad: Yet when my little cousin takes the rains at Linebacker next year EVERYONE WILL BE SORRY!!!:evillaugh He is someone to look forward to in the coming years at Decatur. Good luck to Gainesville next week. Or should I say good luck to whoever yall pound on? decatur looked REALLY bad though..dropped passes and fumbles gainesville had something to dowith it but not all

HighSchool Fan
11-19-2005, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
decatur looked REALLY bad though..dropped passes and fumbles gainesville had something to dowith it but not all

really just 1 dropped pass that should of been a TD for Decatur.

NateDawg39
11-19-2005, 01:02 PM
With the type of Offense Coach Story has given us, no one thought we could be shut out. It just goes to show you that not one offense is unbreakable...of course when we drop half the passes, fumble the ball 3 to 5 times, punt crappy, not run with the shoulders square, miss blocks, miss even more tackles, miss read the defense, miss read the offense, and get "creative" after a big play then yeah I see why we didnt score a point. The one thing I was proud to hear was that we didnt have as many penalties this time.

3afan
11-19-2005, 01:06 PM
... drop half the passes, fumble the ball 3 to 5 times, punt crappy, not run with the shoulders square, miss blocks, miss even more tackles, miss read the defense, miss read the offense, and get "creative" after a big play ...

= a good ol' butt kicking sounds like to me :cool:

HighSchool Fan
11-19-2005, 01:33 PM
I see why we didnt score a point.

didn't score a point for 2 obvious reasons. 1st, the one passed that was dropped that was catchable should of been a TD. most of the other incomplete passes wasn't catchable. 2nd, it looked as if Gainesville knew what plays Decatur was gonna run before the snap.

Adidas410s
11-19-2005, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
didn't score a point for 2 obvious reasons. 1st, the one passed that was dropped that was catchable should of been a TD. most of the other incomplete passes wasn't catchable. 2nd, it looked as if Gainesville knew what plays Decatur was gonna run before the snap.

I think the receiver would have been called for going out of bounds on the play even if he had caught it. He tried to run around the defender and did take a few steps along the sideline.

HighSchool Fan
11-19-2005, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I think the receiver would have been called for going out of bounds on the play even if he had caught it. He tried to run around the defender and did take a few steps along the sideline.

it was to far from us to see if he went out of bounds. i was guessing that for some reason he thought the play was over and didn't see the ball until the last second.

jlwzz
11-19-2005, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
= a good ol' butt kicking sounds like to me :cool:

yes 3afan it was a good ol A** kickin, i just hope that story learned, 3 years in a row he has not played the way that got them there. dont get me wrong the right team won, but if they had a game plan like the rest of the season, i think they could have at least scored! why was all the passes in the flats they dont score like that.

Im tired of story (wont win the big one )

yes i live here

GreenMonster
11-19-2005, 07:32 PM
how did you guys like that stadium???

Roll'em up
11-19-2005, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by jlwzz
yes 3afan it was a good ol A** kickin, i just hope that story learned, 3 years in a row he has not played the way that got them there. dont get me wrong the right team won, but if they had a game plan like the rest of the season, i think they could have at least scored! why was all the passes in the flats they dont score like that.

Im tired of story (wont win the big one )

yes i live here

All of the passes to the flat were due to the QB reading the coverage and throwing to the flat due to deeper routes being covered. Gainesville covered the deep route and gave Decatur the short route and used thier speed to come up and make tackles. You also have to understand that Cobb did not have much time to throw the ball. Gainesville has a very aggressive and fast defense. You may not find a better defense in the state.

Once you get a couple of rounds into the playoffs you are no longer playing teams that don't have good athletes or coaches. What you have done all season long will be much more difficult to do in the playoffs.