PDA

View Full Version : Anybody just wishing this season will end?

AggieJohn
11-01-2002, 12:27 PM
Some teams haven't had the success that the want this year and just want the season to be over ASAP.....drop a line to tell why?

big daddy russ
11-01-2002, 12:38 PM
yes and no. here in ingleside, we've definitely fallen on hard times. our team is 1-7 and what started out as a talented squad without a lot of depth turned into a jv/freshman squad playing varsity. we had as many as 10 starters out at once (many played both ways) and had to pull our entire jv/freshmen squads up for a game or two. our jv began the season undefeated, but since most of their studs had to move up to varsity they haven't fared as well. on the other hand, the kids give a great effort and are doing what they can with what they have. it's good experience for the kids and if they keep fighting through the tough times they'll come back next year loaded.

HSFOOTBALLROCKS
11-01-2002, 12:52 PM
BDR, you are absolutely right. I just hope that the negatives don't hurt these young folks. I happen to be the father of the Freshman that is still playing Varsity, and I am still and will always be so very proud, no matter what the record. One last problem is the fan support. These kids see the fan base dwindle every game, and it kills me, so I know it plays on their minds, too.

big daddy russ
11-01-2002, 01:03 PM
true that. against aransas (which is supposed to be our biggest rival) the stands were very sparse. but i, for one, hope that these kids pull it out. they seem to have a lot of character and if they can keep from getting down on themselves and if they keep working, they'll be a tough team to play come 2003.

p.s. is brandon your son? if so, that kid is going to be something special.

HSFOOTBALLROCKS
11-01-2002, 01:10 PM
Trying to edit and messed it up, check the next. Again, Thanks alot.

<small>[ November 01, 2002, 12:14 PM: Message edited by: HSFOOTBALLROCKS ]</small>

HSFOOTBALLROCKS
11-01-2002, 01:12 PM
Yes, he is. He already is, of course to me. Thank You.

Phil C
11-01-2002, 04:23 PM
Sometimes playing when a team is down shows more character. It is a lot of more fun when you are winning and things are going well but I think it takes extra character and courage to keep playing and doing your best when things are not going well and I admire the players that do that. I will be at the game on the Sinton side Big Daddy but if we happen to pass by introduce your self to me. I will be the old guy wearing the San Antonio Spurs cap. Be sure to have them announce how the Ingleside girls did in volleyball this afternoon playoff game.

Titans
11-01-2002, 04:28 PM
Most definitely.

We lost our last 2 district games to San Antonion opponents (private school) and am ready to start looking elsewhere.

I love this game and the kids, but call me spoiled...I want to WIN too.