PDA

View Full Version : Aggies Suck this YEAR

CTownHardHitter07
11-03-2003, 01:03 PM
For all of the Horns fans that love to see A&M lose as much as i do....this is a great year....A&M is horrible under Fran...who was supposed to be "The Man in AggieLand" hahaha...
HOOK EM HORNS

The Guru
11-03-2003, 01:58 PM
Fran is doing what RC didn't. He's redshirting freshmen, several of which are better than the guys playing. We just have to take our lumps this year and look to the future.

For instance, is there any reason Reggie shouldn't be a redshirt freshman this year? As little as he played last year, he's still playing like a freshman this year. RC wasted a year of Reggie.

JasperDog94
11-03-2003, 02:16 PM
CTownHardHitter07:
For all of the Horns fans that love to see A&M lose as much as i do....this is a great year....A&M is horrible under Fran...who was supposed to be "The Man in AggieLand" hahaha...
HOOK EM HORNSI used to feel that way. Given all the "traditions" that made my stomach turn, I used to get great joy out of watching the Aggies go down in flames. But now I'd rather see the Big 12 teams winning. Makes for a stronger conference and that's handy when you have to depend on the BCS. Plus I've grown up a little and have several Aggie friends. We razz each other, but it's all in good fun. Some people take the bitter hatred too far and that's just plain dumb. IMHO

3afan2k3, you readin' this? :p

Buckeye80
11-03-2003, 02:42 PM
Get your laughs out now Horns. Two years from now, it'll be just like it should be. Only, you'll be losing to A&M and Oklahoma (not that the OU game isn't a given anyway).

Reveille
11-03-2003, 02:49 PM
CTownHardHitter07:
HOOK EM HORNSSome horn fans were saying the same thing about Jackie his first two years. His quote was, "You better get your licks in while you can." You better do the same with Fran.

The Guru
11-03-2003, 03:05 PM
Reveille, I think your Jasper boys are going to be some damn good players for A&M.

AggieJohn
11-03-2003, 03:12 PM
Aggies are taking their hit's from RC's era....fran can't turn around a team completely...but then again i do critize him for the crappy job that he has done preparing a defenesive unit this year...defense is horrible except saturday against kansas...oh and jaxson appel is the man

kaorder1999
11-03-2003, 03:20 PM
its his first year...leave him alone...he has to make it HIS program...a lot of the players have to get in their mind its his rogram and not RC's anymore....it will take time but Fran will do great!

AggieJohn
11-03-2003, 03:31 PM
kaorder1999:
its his first year...leave him alone...he has to make it HIS program...a lot of the players have to get in their mind its his rogram and not RC's anymore....it will take time but Fran will do great!yeah i agree...don't want you to think i'm bashing him..i just think there is an obvious weakness in our defense mainly the secondary...then again, one the last games i saw was when they played against larry fitzgerald....wow, he studly

JasperDog94
11-03-2003, 03:47 PM
Buckeye80:
Get your laughs out now Horns. Two years from now, it'll be just like it should be. Only, you'll be losing to A&M and Oklahoma (not that the OU game isn't a given anyway).Two years, huh? Only time will tell, my friend. Only time will tell...

CTownHardHitter07
11-03-2003, 06:42 PM
Aggie fans are always either talking about the PAST or the FUTURE..never the PRESENT...maybe thats because this will be the first year of a losing record in a while...and u cant tell me they will beat Oklahoma and Texas...they will most likely lose to Missouri.....just watch and see

3afan
11-03-2003, 06:44 PM
JasperDog94:

CTownHardHitter07:
HOOK EM HORNSI used to feel that way. Given all the "traditions" that made my stomach turn, I used to get great joy out of watching the Aggies go down in flames. But now I'd rather see the Big 12 teams winning. Makes for a stronger conference and that's handy when you have to depend on the BCS. Plus I've grown up a little and have several Aggie friends. We razz each other, but it's all in good fun. Some people take the bitter hatred too far and that's just plain dumb. IMHO

3afan2k3, you readin' this? :p .

I dont know why he all of a sudden thinks he hates the 'Horns ... must be a phase or something.

<small>[ November 03, 2003, 05:45 PM: Message edited by: 3afan ]</small>

AggieJohn
11-03-2003, 08:17 PM
CTownHardHitter07:
Aggie fans are always either talking about the PAST or the FUTURE..never the PRESENT...maybe thats because this will be the first year of a losing record in a while...and u cant tell me they will beat Oklahoma and Texas...they will most likely lose to Missouri.....just watch and seewhat's that old quote...from the outside loooking in you don't understand it, but from the inside looking out you can't explain...don't harp on the ags...

BrahmaMom
11-04-2003, 12:14 PM
I don't think the Aggies should have the poor record they have this year. Despite the top recruit class for '03, they really look weaker than I expected. The defense took a real hit when Jared Morriss got injured. But they should have had enough depth to play upper classmen at linebacker. At last count last spring, they had 15 linebackers committed or on the roster. For them to have to use Warren, a true freshman, is a shame. He seems to be producing at least as well as the others, though. Wonder if he'll earn a degree in four years, another issue the Aggies need to address in my opinion. Yeah, McNeal got screwed out of his redshirt year last year, that was a shame. I personally have a prediction that A&M won't become a powerhouse in the next two years, I'll be very surprised if they do. You have a group of 11 individuals on the field at a time that don't seem to work as a team. That may just be the result of capturing the top recruits who seek stardom and a pro contract over representing those who are so loyal to them. I guess we'll see. Also, after Franchione starts recruiting, he'll get a better work ethic going, which will help the Aggies. I wasn't impressed with his exit from Alabama, however. I'm sure those left behind weren't, either. Most of you know, I don't "get" the Aggie thing and never will, which is okay. But I do understand college football recruiting more than I wish I did and these are just a few of my personal observations and opinions--no disrespect intended.

Phil C
11-04-2003, 12:33 PM
The Aggies have had a tough time this year but maybe they can salvage something and beat Oklahoma again. Remember they beat Oklahoma last year which Texas couldn't do. Plus they have a good women's soccer team.

JasperDog94
11-04-2003, 12:54 PM
explayer2001:

CTownHardHitter07:
Aggie fans are always either talking about the PAST or the FUTURE..never the PRESENT...maybe thats because this will be the first year of a losing record in a while...and u cant tell me they will beat Oklahoma and Texas...they will most likely lose to Missouri.....just watch and seewhat's that old quote...from the outside loooking in you don't understand it, but from the inside looking out you can't explain...don't harp on the ags...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

AggieJohn
11-04-2003, 03:31 PM
the aggies strength of schedule was rediculous...yea..they can be 7-2 or so like the longhorns if they wanted too, but they schedule a hard regualar season and play in the big 12...they can schedule regular season games against Mid-southeastern southern school for the blind and beat the snot out of them..but no..they schedule good teams that are or will be in the BCS hunt...like pitt, v.tech, and a very silently good utah team with an excellent running back....not to mention that yeah they have to finish the season playing ou which is unGodly right now, a tough missouri team and a always talent pooled texas team...so yeah.....they do have a hard stinking schedule..they could do cupcake and look good, but schedule hard teams to make them better look for two years and they'll have made big 12 championship game

JasperDog94
11-04-2003, 03:48 PM
So I guess the fact that Texas BEAT the "then ranked" #14 Kansas State and #9 ranked Nebraska (badly) means they play a soft schedule. No doubt A&M scheduled really tough non-conference opponents, but there is a thing called "building confidence". I'm not a big fan of having a tough game in the first few weeks of the season. As we know, one loss could put you out of a BCS game and no big school wants that to happen the first week of the season.

<small>[ November 04, 2003, 02:49 PM: Message edited by: JasperDog94 ]</small>

BrahmaMom
11-04-2003, 05:25 PM
Didn't A&M play Missouri this year?

Bongo
11-04-2003, 05:38 PM
The statement "Aggies suck this year" is not harsh because we anticipated the Aggies to suck this year. So, based upon expectations, the Aggies are playing to form.

UT on the other hand, was expected to battle for the national championship. But we see that either UT's expectations of a national championship were over-hyped and over-inflated, or UT has just not performed up to their abilities.

So I ask you, who sucks more, the team that performs to expectations and sucks, or the team that is a major underperformer and sucks?

rholl
11-04-2003, 05:42 PM
We'll see which team sucks the most...right after Thanksgiving!!!!!

CentralTxFan
11-04-2003, 06:31 PM
BrahmaMom:
Didn't A&M play Missouri this year?Aggies play Missouri Nov 15

AggieJohn
11-05-2003, 03:25 AM
The Guru:
Fran is doing what RC didn't. He's redshirting freshmen, several of which are better than the guys playing. We just have to take our lumps this year and look to the future.

For instance, is there any reason Reggie shouldn't be a redshirt freshman this year? As little as he played last year, he's still playing like a freshman this year. RC wasted a year of Reggie.Exactly.....a freshman linebacker...mr. lamar mitchell will be the jarred morris or jackson appel...i guarantee it..there red-shirting himthis year...good for him to develop and good to save him