PDA

View Full Version : Wimberley 62 West Columbia 7

gold_33
11-19-2005, 03:00 AM
Wimberley came out firing tonight scoring on there first play from scrimmage a 75yd pass from weldon to thompson. From then on it was pretty much what ever Wimberley wanted to do they did. I did see though the worst case of unsportsmanship I've ever seen when #9 of WC cheap shoted #5 Bennett from Wimberley after he called fair catch, then celebrated with players and coaches while our player was down, Wimberley was up 28-0 at the time. That was a classless play that could have seriously injured a player and we are yet to see how bad he is injured, he could not return to the game. Wimberley's defense was stout and our offense showed what they have been capable of all season when everything clicks. Not sure of all the stats but QB Weldon was 9 of 9 for 316yds 5tds and 1 rushing td. Great job Texans!

WORM
11-19-2005, 03:05 AM
total crap by #9! the hit is fine if he didn't see the fair catch(which a blind man saw) but your right gold he celebrated the whole way off the field and then high fived everyone on the sideline including coaches! i did notice they protected him after that (the coaches) not putting him back at qb) cause i guarentee he was going to get what was coming!

WORM
11-19-2005, 03:13 AM
gold i guess no wc trash talkers will touch this topic! i don't blame them!

gold_33
11-19-2005, 03:20 AM
I thought some of them might be on here but I guess they are already in bed being that most of them left early in the 3rd qtr.

Crimestick
11-19-2005, 03:26 AM
Very impressive performance! Wow! This looks like the team to beat in DI!

WORM
11-19-2005, 03:28 AM
crime stick i like you! you are very smart you should run for president! you got my vote!

gold_33
11-19-2005, 03:41 AM
Maybe this will open some eyes cause the Texans are for real. They beat ,supposedly, a good team in WC pretty handly and could have made it alot worse being that they pulled the 2nd string at the end of the third. Great to see some the JV team get some playin time in a playoff game not often do you see that especially in the 2nd rd.

LogieJoeBean001
11-19-2005, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by gold_33
I did see though the worst case of unsportsmanship I've ever seen when #9 of WC cheap shoted #5 Bennett from Wimberley after he called fair catch, then celebrated with players and coaches while our player was down,

This sounds very familiar. Now maybe some will believe us when we were talking about what an ugly game it was between Wharton and WC, even though WC accused us of just whining because we lost the game. I hope your player was o.k. and didn't get his season ended like our starting qb.

Congratulations to Wimberly on a HUGE win! Wow! Sounds like WC could talk the talk but couldn't walk the walk.

neck_94
11-19-2005, 04:02 AM
the texens are a good football team. I hope they go all the way and win it all. They were firing on all cylinders tonight... WC was not and it showed. The worm was right, it could have been a lot worse, or not as bad...as the WC team tried desperately to get back in at by throwing the ball once #22 injured himself on a non-contact move on his first play on defense early in the 2nd qtr. With WC's top two tailbacks injured, (#4 practice injury, did return but was not a factor) they were taken out of their gameplan. Credit to the texens, they are tough...

and as for #9, say what you will, #5 didn't put his hand up till 9 was about to hit him, once again...say what you want, that is what I saw...

Good Luck the rest of the way

neck_94
11-19-2005, 04:05 AM
Logie, you need to crawl back in in your hole, and shut up. ask ansley, nothing cheap about the WC whurton game...especially the "hit" as you claim.

LogieJoeBean001
11-19-2005, 04:14 AM
Originally posted by neck_94
Logie, you need to crawl back in in your hole, and shut up. ask ansley, nothing cheap about the WC whurton game...especially the "hit" as you claim.

Did I say the words "cheap shot"? I'm not going anywhere, I have the right to speak my mind just the same as you or anybody else on here. Did I step on your toes? Ouch!!!!!

What a spanking Wimberly, you guys were definitely on your game!

neck_94
11-19-2005, 04:17 AM
no, whimperly did...

and you know as well as anyone, you are the one who started all the cheapshot comments about ansley getting hurt...SO NOT TRUE. shame on you!

LogieJoeBean001
11-19-2005, 05:27 AM
Sounds like someone could use some anger management!

LogieJoeBean001
11-19-2005, 05:38 AM
no, whimperly did...

and you know as well as anyone, you are the one who started all the cheapshot comments about ansley getting hurt...SO NOT TRUE. shame on you!

That's right, not true...i speculated and simply stated an opinion...i hold my head up and no shame on my part.

There was so much more that I could of said back then...that I knew for a fact ...but my better judgement overuled just because I didn't want to get all messy on here! If ya'd like to know, just pm me and let's keep it off the public forum.

It's called maturity....

3afan
11-19-2005, 05:58 AM
not surprised Wimberley won, very surprised of the domination .... the Texans look to be on their way ...

finishthedrive
11-19-2005, 10:01 AM
Neck,

How can you call a team that beat you 62-7 "Whimperley"? You are retarded if you think that was not cheap, Tommy B. (player injured) called fair catch about 10-12 yards before Moron (#9) hit him, and now one of our best players has a concussion.l

HM33
11-19-2005, 10:34 AM
WC I guess is bad at hitting people fair catching a punt. A player did that to us last year when we (Cuero) played them in Victoria. On a different note... My thought about Wimberly going all the way is coming true :)

RBARKER
11-19-2005, 10:44 AM
Wow this score is so unbelievable. I hate to see your season end Necks, Wimberly you now have made me and I'm sure most of the state a believer!!

BU97
11-19-2005, 10:46 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by LogieJoeBean001
[B]This sounds very familiar. Now maybe some will believe us when we were talking about what an ugly game it was between Wharton and WC, even though WC accused us of just whining because we lost the game. I hope your player was o.k. and didn't get his season ended like our starting qb. [QUOTE]

Do we really have to listen to this again? I thought we settled this. Actually, the coaches and players have, I don't know why we keep having to go there.

BU97
11-19-2005, 10:57 AM
I did see though the worst case of unsportsmanship I've ever seen when #9 of WC cheap shoted #5 Bennett from Wimberley after he called fair catch, then celebrated with players and coaches while our player was down, Wimberley was up 28-0 at the time. That was a classless play that could have seriously injured a player and we are yet to see how bad he is injured, he could not return to the game.

I agree that it deserved the penalty, whether or not it was a true "cheep shot" as if he definately saw the fair catch and hit him anyway, no one can honestly say if he saw it or not. I am not taking anybody's side, I am just saying that we really can't know for sure.
NOW what I can say is that there was NO celebrating WITH the players and coaches, I was on the WC side of the stadium so I saw exactly what happened on the sideline.

BU97
11-19-2005, 11:05 AM
Wimberly is a heck of a team, I never saw them beating WC like that. I wish that Flannel and Baugh would have been healthy. Texan fans, I hope that #5 is ok, I look forward to watching ya'll play again in a few weeks.

GreenMonster
11-19-2005, 11:07 AM
Wimberley came out firing tonight scoring on there first play from scrimmage a 75yd pass from weldon to thompson. From then on it was pretty much what ever Wimberley wanted to do they did. I did see though the worst case of unsportsmanship I've ever seen when #9 of WC cheap shoted #5 Bennett from Wimberley after he called fair catch, then celebrated with players and coaches while our player was down, Wimberley was up 28-0 at the time. That was a classless play that could have seriously injured a player and we are yet to see how bad he is injured, he could not return to the game. Wimberley's defense was stout and our offense showed what they have been capable of all season when everything clicks. Not sure of all the stats but QB Weldon was 9 of 9 for 316yds 5tds and 1 rushing td. Great job Texans!

I have known Weldon Nelms, the head coach at Wimberly, since 1994 and I had never ever known him to run the score up on someone the way he did here. When I first saw the score I was a bit shocked, but after reading about this incident I can see why he did it. I wouldn't have called the dogs off either. Matter of fact I'd use every trick play and every homerun call I had right up to the final whistle.

BU97
11-19-2005, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
I have known Weldon Nelms, the head coach at Wimberly, since 1994 and I had never ever known him to run the score up on someone the way he did here. When I first saw the score I was a bit shocked, but after reading about this incident I can see why he did it. I wouldn't have called the dogs off either. Matter of fact I'd use every trick play and every homerun call I had right up to the final whistle.

I stayed until about 2 minutes left and I didn't get the impression that they "ran" the score up. It was 35-7 at half and you dare not pull the starters too soon in case they start to come back. I think that all of the starters were out by the 4th. Of course the 2nd team QB went about 50 for a TD. The fair catch interference happened when the game was already way out of hand, so I don't think that they decided to "run it up" after that happened. I thought that the 62 points was due to the fact that everthing was working! For example 2 TDs were defensive scores. My feelings may have been different if it were me on the sideline and not in the stands, so I don't mean any disrespect to the Columbians.

gold_33
11-19-2005, 11:38 AM
The score was 28-0 in the 2nd qtr when the fair catch interference was called so I don't think that it was well in hand but we had a pretty good lead. I think the penalty was outta frustration but way uncalled for and BU97 you must not have been watchin to well if you didnt see #9 running off the field trying to pump up the crowd and celebrating with players after the hit I'm pretty sure everyone else there saw it so don't try and deny it. It wouldn't have been as bad if he would've should some remorse and checked to see if Bennett was ok but he didnt he ran off the field celebrating. I think that did make Nelms a little mad and we continued to air it out until it was like 56-7.

BU97
11-19-2005, 12:19 PM
The score was 28-0 in the 2nd qtr when the fair catch interference was called so I don't think that it was well in hand but we had a pretty good lead. I think the penalty was outta frustration but way uncalled for and BU97 you must not have been watchin to well if you didnt see #9 running off the field trying to pump up the crowd and celebrating with players after the hit I'm pretty sure everyone else there saw it so don't try and deny it. It wouldn't have been as bad if he would've should some remorse and checked to see if Bennett was ok but he didnt he ran off the field celebrating. I think that did make Nelms a little mad and we continued to air it out until it was like 56-7.

OK I thought that happened late in the 3rd not the 2nd, so considering that, maybe they did keep hammering away longer than I thought. Secondly gold_33, you didn't read exactly what I wrote and HOW I wrote it. I saw exactly what the player did on the sideline. What I said was there there were not any coaches or players "high fiving" him or anything. I just want to set the record straight, that the WC coaches were not celebrating the hit. I hope that the kid will be ok for next week.

KingRob
11-19-2005, 12:19 PM
I believe the Texans will go to state. Good Luck!

BU97
11-19-2005, 12:23 PM
Who else is left in Div 1? WOS, Giddings (next week), who else? I haven't seen the others but, I put $$ on the Texans especially if they can keep rolling like last night!

gato 76
11-19-2005, 12:27 PM
Wimberly will have to beat WOS first.That would be a very good match up.

WORM
11-19-2005, 12:27 PM
neck say what you want about the cheap shot! the celebrating after the cheap shot was crap! you say it wasn't a cheap shot just like you say the game was close!

gold_33
11-19-2005, 12:29 PM
BU97 I didnt mean for it to make you sound stupid im sorry about that. You had a better view than me about the coaches so you are probably right but I know that #9 was celebrating and thats just wrong when an opposing teams player is injured it showed a huge lack of class for the whole football team.

BU97
11-19-2005, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by gato 76
Wimberly will have to beat WOS first.That would be a very good match up.

GO GIDDINGS!

WORM
11-19-2005, 12:34 PM
at wimberley they show respect to everyone and hondo is next! we'll cross that wos bridge when we get there! last night speaks for itself so wc i'd watch what you say!

WORM
11-19-2005, 12:46 PM
i hope this game doesn't affect wc's players ability to get prom dates this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sinton66
11-19-2005, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by WORM
i hope this game doesn't affect wc's players ability to get prom dates this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Show some class, yall won, that's great, but there's no need to degrade your opponents.

gato 76
11-19-2005, 12:59 PM
Worm, nothing wrong with showing respect to Hondo,WOS showing the same to Giddings I just feel the 2 stronger teams are Wimberly & WOS.But this is playoff time so anything can happen and im sure all the teams will be focused on just next week.

Chooper
11-19-2005, 01:14 PM
I am a player in high school football and the hit # 9 put on the player from Wimberly was no doubt a CHEAP SHOT. Which I have seen West Columbia do from time to time throughout the past few years when they get down. That was a coaching decision and a poor one at that. Any other coach would have grabbed the kid by the face mask and ripped his head off. They were high fiving and celebrating on the sideline. The coach never told the kid a word. It is still a penalty even if he DOESNT raise his hand for a fair cetch. You have to give them there room to cetch the ball. It was the worst excuse for sportsmanship that I have ever seen, I'm glad Wimberly kept putting the hurt on them. I just wish they would have hit #9 and took him out of the game. I'm glad a classy team one tonight. Thats what Texas high school football is all about. Congrats to Wimberly.

pirate4state
11-19-2005, 01:17 PM
http://www.ngycp.org/vBulletin/images/smilies/popcorn.gif

vet93
11-19-2005, 01:21 PM
I wasn't there but I know that often a player will jump up and celebrate a big hit and go high fiving his teamates etc...before he knows that he actually hurt someone or realizes that it wasn't just a stinger.

BU97 I didnt mean for it to make you sound stupid im sorry about that. You had a better view than me about the coaches so you are probably right but I know that #9 was celebrating and thats just wrong when an opposing teams player is injured it showed a huge lack of class for the whole football team.

GreenGobbla
11-19-2005, 03:15 PM
the texens are a good football team. I hope they go all the way and win it all. They were firing on all cylinders tonight... WC was not and it showed. The worm was right, it could have been a lot worse, or not as bad...as the WC team tried desperately to get back in at by throwing the ball once #22 injured himself on a non-contact move on his first play on defense early in the 2nd qtr. With WC's top two tailbacks injured, (#4 practice injury, did return but was not a factor) they were taken out of their gameplan. Credit to the texens, they are tough...

and as for #9, say what you will, #5 didn't put his hand up till 9 was about to hit him, once again...say what you want, that is what I saw...

Good Luck the rest of the way

They did the exact same thing last year when we played them. Our reciver fair caught a ball in the first half and the guy just nailed him. There is no way that he didnt see the fair catch. Oh well the got what they deserved last year and i guess they got it again this year.

gold_33
11-19-2005, 03:20 PM
Chopper, I'm glad someone from another town saw that and agreed with what I wrote on here. Whether he saw him fair catch it or not he still hit him before the ball even got to him so it was no doubt that it was a cheap shot. Vet 93, its pretty easy to big hit a guy thats looking up at the ball. He knew he hurt that guy and he meant to do it because it was one of our biggest playmakers and it not only took him out of the game but maybe this week too. I hope #9 reads this because he is a classless player that had no reason to stay on that football field last night!

3afan
11-19-2005, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by GreenGobbla
...There is no way that he didnt see the fair catch...

no way to be sure what the player saw ....

neck_94
11-19-2005, 04:29 PM
wow,

post a few opinions and get crucified...thats ok, comes with the territory.

And for the record, I didn't think the other coach was running up the score at all. when your offense is spread out like theirs is...throwing the ball is a "base" play. throwing the ball downfield 5 yards and the rec breaking tackles and going for 90 and 66 and the jv qb scoring on a busted play from about 35 yds is not what I would have called running the score, thats just your offense, and its the defenses job to stop it. But if it makes you feel better about yourselves, call it running the score.
Heck like I said before, one of the best HS football teams I have seen in a while, total package, good luck the rest of the way and I hope you win it all.

(And maybe next year we can get it on again)

NHSBulldog75
11-19-2005, 11:37 PM
I honestly think that the Wimberly team that whipped our butts last night was better than the Cuero team that defeated us last year.

The Texans showed a lot of class down the stretch against the Roughnecks. After a good effort, even in the fourth quarter, members of both squads were giving each other a quick pat and saying good play...true sportsmanship

As for the cheap shot, neck-06 should have pulled up, but either didn't or couldn't. It was still a penalty and a hard hit, but to insinuate the coach told him to do it is uncalled for. I agree with neck-94 that the Texans were not running up the score, just running their offense (very well, I have to admit)

The best team by far won and I look forward to watching them win the state championship on FSN in December.