PDA

View Full Version : Division I&II Playoff Results

WOS87
11-19-2005, 12:53 AM
Division I
Quarterfinal Matchups
Gainesville (11-0) vs. Abilene Wylie (10-2)
Liberty-Eylau (9-2) vs. Kennedale (10-1)
Giddings (10-2) vs. West Orange-Stark (11-0)
Wimberley (12-0) vs. Hondo (8-4)

Round 2 Results

Region I
Gainesville 46 - Decatur 0
Abilene Wylie 39 - Canyon 36

Region II
Liberty-Eylau 12 - Carthage 0
Kennedale 24 - Kaufman 21

Region III
WO-S 42 - Palestine 13
Giddings 57 - Waco Connally 36

Region IV
Hondo 55 - Hidalgo 45
Wimberley 62 - West Columbia 7

Division II
Region Semifinal Matchups
Region I
Monahans (12-0) vs. Bridgeport (7-5)
Sweetwater (11-1) vs. Iowa Park (6-5)
Region II
Emory Rains (9-2) vs. Canton (11-1)
Dallas Madison (10-1) vs. Tatum (11-0)
Region III
Cameron Yoe (12-0) vs. Kirbyville (8-3)
Hutto (10-2) vs. Bridge City (9-1)
Region IV
Liberty Hill (10-2) vs. Devine (10-2)
Cuero (11-0) vs. Ingleside (7-4)

Round 2 Results

Region I
Monahans 34 - Perryton 21
Bridgeport 43 - Breckenridge 40
Sweetwater 38 - Littlefield 20
Iowa Park 30 - Little Elm 7

Region II
Emory Rains 29 - Bonham 22
Canton 61 - Gilmer 58
Dallas Madison 39 - Mount Vernon 17
Tatum 42 - Jefferson 6

Region III
Cameron Yoe 21 - Robinson 0
Kirbyville 36 - Barbers Hill 34
Hutto 29 - Marlin 22
Bridge City 23 - Jasper 0

Region IV
Liberty Hill 34 - Needville 20
Devine 42 - Port Isabel 14
Cuero 49 - Llano 7
Ingleside 38 - Rio Hondo 19

Jody
11-19-2005, 01:04 AM
Holy-Moly! Canton beat Gilmer?????? Boy what a night for the defending state teams.

Adidas410s
11-19-2005, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Jody
Boy what a night for the defending state teams.

Considering that Wylie didn't even play...:D

KingRob
11-19-2005, 12:12 PM
Somewhat surprised with the Gilmer loss. Last year they were on the winning end of the high scoring slugfests. Haven't heard much about Canton. They must be pretty good.

LET'S GO CUERO!

Stownhorse
11-19-2005, 12:53 PM
i think gilmer might have went in with big heads and thinking they were going to blow canton out......didn't win but by a field goal....looks like a h3ll of a game!!

Txbroadcaster
11-19-2005, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
i think gilmer might have went in with big heads and thinking they were going to blow canton out......didn't win but by a field goal....looks like a h3ll of a game!!

The Gilmer staff and players did not come into game with big heads..The Buckeyes were talented this year but VERY young. Canton has guys that have been starting since they were freshman. You can never discount a team when so many have played together at the varsity level for two and three years.

sWaterislife
11-19-2005, 04:48 PM
Nice one WOS87...

Canton Just looks plain scary ... I mean, Ive heard that Gilmer isnt the team it was Last year.. But still they had 1 loss on the season and canton puts up three score and 1 point up on the scoreboard.. I mean.. that's just scary.. Knowing the state title road has a pretty good chance of goign through canton..

From here on in.. it'll be tough no matter who is on the other side of the ball..

Best matchup of..
Round 1.. Snyder vs Monohans
Round 2.. Gilmer vs Canton..
Everyround so far has been great...

TOPS1435
11-19-2005, 06:56 PM
Remember earlier in the year people at 3ADownLow were praying for Coach Gary Joe Kinne of Canton who was shot by an irate parent. It is his son, G. J. Kinne, who is the signal caller for the Canton Eagles.

Neither Gilmer nor Canton could stop the deep passes last night. It was a slug fest. 6 touchdowns scored in the 3rd quarter which found the score at one point Gilmer 44 Canton 41.

No field goals in the game. Gilmer's one attempt was blocked. Each team was successful once on a 2point conversion. Otherwise, Gilmer's kicker hit all his extra points.

The difference came on a couple of weird plays.\

1. Just before the half, the Gilmer quarterback, a junior, Jamell Kennedy, went up the middle about 10 yards and saw a Canton wall up front, he reversed himself behind the original line of scrimmage, driving his coach Traylor nuts in the process, spun left and headed up field, found another wall form, spun back again and went down the left sidelines for a touchdown. All this was for about 30 yards.:eek:

Surprise, there was a penatly on a Buckeye lineman, holding I think. Instead of a touchdown, Coach Kinne took the penalty, so Gilmer had one more play with no time on the clock but could not repeat the score.

2. After Gilmer stopped Canton deep in their territory, on 3rd and 4 Kennedy passed. If the Buckeye receiver had not reached out and tipped the ball and let it go it would have been an incompletion with Gilmer needing to punt. Instead, the tipped ball went right into the hands of an Eagle defensive lineman, Tad Westmoreland, and he rambled 10 yards for a touchdown. it was the only defensive score of the game.

3. G. J. Kinne can also punt. He had one go 61 yards with the roll.

According to David Smoak of Smoaky.com, the game had the 4th most offense of any game in Texas Football history, over 1100 yards in offense. Canton had only 500+ to Gilmer's 600+. Smoaky will be selling tapes of his radio broadcast of the game.

lostaussie
11-19-2005, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by TOPS1435

Surprise, there was a penatly on a Buckeye lineman, holding I think. Instead of a touchdown, Coach Kinne took the penalty, so Gilmer had one more play with no time on the clock but could not repeat the score.
we will not make excuses. this play did not cost us the game. our pass defense did.