PDA

View Full Version : Bridge City defense gets another shutout tonight 23-0

Old Cardinal
11-19-2005, 12:17 AM
While the offense was quite methodical and did not expose the playbook much tonight, the defense shut down a good Jasper offense.
Does anyone know much about Hutto or Marlin this year. Please share info about these two teams; one of which we will meet in the third round.
I think the good thing that really happen tonight for BC was that absolutely no one was injured in any way, according to Trapper the trainer. That is so important in the playoffs.
It just goes to show that when you have most all of your athletes forego their favorite sports and they all play football for the teams sake--that good things can happen.
Congrats to Jasper will see you next year unless one of RITAs sisters blows in off the Gulf.

setex
11-19-2005, 12:21 AM
Looks like the Dishon rumor of not playing this week was way off, he had a nice game.

Bridge City, WOS and Newton big wins in our area. Long night for Ozen and Central.

mwynn05
11-19-2005, 12:38 AM
not a surprise bc won I thought this one could go either way but the score does surprise me

kepdawg
11-19-2005, 12:39 AM
Congrats to BC on a fine season thus far! Good luck next week with either Marlin or Hutto!

Congrats to the 'dogs on another fine season!

Hupernikomen
11-19-2005, 12:54 AM
Real easy to sum this game up. BC out played and out coached us. They had a terrific game plan on defense by crowding our receivers and gave us no where to pass the ball and we had a qb tonight that looked like he didn't want the ball. BC looked like a far superior team than my Dogs. Congrats on a huge win for your program and good luck against your next round opponents.

exbccards76'smom
11-19-2005, 01:08 AM
Thanks, and your guys played their hearts out!!

Hupernikomen
11-19-2005, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by exbccards76'smom
Thanks, and your guys played their hearts out!!

I have seen better efforts out of a few of our players than what I saw tonight..but BC on the other hand played an excellent game. Well planned and execute. Tough to beat you guys if you play that well from here on out.

GS#17
11-19-2005, 01:45 AM
Hats off to Jasper on a great season, and congrats to BC -- you all beat a very good team tonight. Best of luck as you continue on in the playoffs!

wos fan1
11-19-2005, 01:48 AM
Congrats on BC and good luck.

3ABirdMan
11-19-2005, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by GS#17
Hats off to Jasper on a great season, and congrats to BC -- you all beat a very good team tonight. Best of luck as you continue on in the playoffs!

Originally posted by Wos Fan 1
Congrats on BC and good luck.

Thanks, guys. It REALLY is looking like 24AAA COULD bring home 2 trophies this year! Not to look ahead, but it's looking more real all the time!

Congrats on your win, too. We've both got some work left to do! Let's go get it done!

WOS1
11-19-2005, 02:31 AM
It was really hard for me to pull for either team in this one, but I'm glad the Cards advanced. Great job BC!!!

X Man
11-19-2005, 07:38 AM
As I stated earlier, in another thread, this is arguably one of the finest teams that BC has ever fielded. They have been highly under-rated since the first of the season. If Tarver can keep his head out of his dark spot, the boys have the talent to do what it takes! Go Bridge City!

ALLSPORTSGUY
11-19-2005, 08:50 AM
Congrats to the Bulldogs on a good year!
I just wanted to give props to BC's kickers. Man what a performance people sometimes overlook those small things like kicking. How many times have you saw a football game where the punter placed the ball three times inside the 5 yard line? To me that was a big factor in this game. My hats off to Stringer (punter) and Hector (place kicker) great job guys!!!

Jody
11-19-2005, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by 3ABirdMan
Thanks, guys. It REALLY is looking like 24AAA COULD bring home 2 trophies this year! Not to look ahead, but it's looking more real all the time!

Congrats on your win, too. We've both got some work left to do! Let's go get it done!

I think Wimberly and BH might disagree with that one....:D :D

See you at the next round if we are on opposite days.

LH Panther Mom
11-19-2005, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Jody
I think Wimberly and BH might disagree with that one....:D :D

See you at the next round if we are on opposite days.
I'm thinking you might want to invest in a disguise. ;)

RBARKER
11-19-2005, 10:55 AM
Great win BC, Yall controlled the line of scrimmage all night, that was a big part of the BC win. BC also covered the bulldog recievers like a blanket. Besides the two quick TD's in the first quarter by BC the game became a defensive struggle. Good luck to BC in round 3.

3ABirdMan
11-19-2005, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I'm thinking you might want to invest in a disguise. ;)

A disguise ain't gonna help JODY! Besides, he is always welcome on our side :clap: IF he wears his (cardianal Opponent - insert name here) SUX t-shirt! :D

HillBoy
11-19-2005, 11:13 AM
Great Job BC good luck next week as yall try to extend yalls playoff run.

griff
11-19-2005, 11:16 AM
I'm happy for our cross-county Cardinals for the big win. I believe this is only the second time in many tries that BC has beaten Jasper. After watching both teams play this year, I really believed Jasper would win this game in convincing fashion. It seems that BC has stepped up their play and Jasper is not the same team they were in mid-season. Some people may think that this game would have been different with Moye still at QB, but Jasper played better without him in the regular season. All the credit goes to BC on a HUGE win. Hope the Cards can bring home a 3A Div. 2 championship, with WOS (hopefully) taking the DIV 1 crown. An Orange County sweep would be nice.

JasperDog94
11-19-2005, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by ALLSPORTSGUY
How many times have you saw a football game where the punter placed the ball three times inside the 5 yard line? When was the last time that you saw an official signal a touchback, and then change his mind after the crowd starts booing and then place the ball at the 1 yard line?

3ABirdMan
11-19-2005, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
When was the last time that you saw an official signal a touchback, and then change his mind after the crowd starts booing and then place the ball at the 1 yard line?

Not aguing, here, but the side judge was running down the side of the field when the ball hit the ground, with no idea of where it hit. The ?back judge? from behind the punter (the one that spots the line of flight for the ball and marks where it goes out) got the call correct, overturned the side judge, and placed the ball. One ref screwed up, but the other got it right.

I'm not sure if you could have seen all of that (side judge) from the far side of the field - We had a good view from the home side, and saw the ref with his head, um, agree when they got it straightened out.

2005chic
11-19-2005, 11:25 AM
congrats bc!!! jasper, ya'll had an awesome season. just to let both teams know, everyone at the newton/hearn game where keeping track of the score between ya'll. we all knew it was going to be a good game. just to let everyone know our score was 62-13. next week we play at lufkin high..

anyways like i said, congrats bc!!

JasperDog94
11-19-2005, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by 3ABirdMan
Not aguing, here, but the side judge was running down the side of the field when the ball hit the ground, with no idea of where it hit. The ?back judge? from behind the punter (the one that spots the line of flight for the ball and marks where it goes out) got the call correct, overturned the side judge, and placed the ball. One ref screwed up, but the other got it right.

I'm not sure if you could have seen all of that (side judge) from the far side of the field - We had a good view from the home side, and saw the ref with his head, um, agree when they got it straightened out. I was standing right by the endzone, on the field when it happened. I was getting ready to watch the band play. I guess my view from right where it happened wasn't good enough...bad call.

Don't get me wrong. That kicker was awesome. He did a great job all night. That was just the wrong call at that point. I don't think it made that big of a difference though.

3ABirdMan
11-19-2005, 11:34 AM
From the second row down on the 49 yard line, I couldn't really tell the point where the ball went out. I saw the refs conference and call, and assumed they got it right. I DO know the side judge missed it!

Not picking nits, here! Right or wrong, you are correct - That one play did not alter the outcome of the game. One thing about Jasper football - We'll see ya next year!

JasperDog94
11-19-2005, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
Real easy to sum this game up. BC out played and out coached us. They had a terrific game plan on defense by crowding our receivers and gave us no where to pass the ball and we had a qb tonight that looked like he didn't want the ball. BC looked like a far superior team than my Dogs. Congrats on a huge win for your program and good luck against your next round opponents. Couldn't have said it better myself. BC looked like they were one step ahead of us all night.

Did all 21 points (-safety) come off of turnovers? I know Jasper turned the ball over 4 times...at least.

BTW - I found out that the reason T-Ray looked so off tonight was because he had flu-like symptoms. He just looked like he was in another time-zone tonight. Maybe too much benydrill (sp?).

3ABirdMan
11-19-2005, 11:38 AM
BC's 1st score was the second offensive play from scrimmage for BC, after Jasper punted. After that, I honestly do not remember if we converted turnovers or not. I do know turnovers and BC's kicking game keep you on the LONG side of the field all night.

Hupernikomen
11-19-2005, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Couldn't have said it better myself. BC looked like they were one step ahead of us all night.

Did all 21 points (-safety) come off of turnovers? I know Jasper turned the ball over 4 times...at least.

BTW - I found out that the reason T-Ray looked so off tonight was because he had flu-like symptoms. He just looked like he was in another time-zone tonight. Maybe too much benydrill (sp?).

Something was very wrong with T-Ray last night. It was almost as if someone else dressed up as #4. Was hard to believe what I was seeing out of him. BC first score came after recovering Scott's fumble. I think they did score the second TD after our first punt. All of their TD were the results of over 40 to 50 yard drives. Field position was critical that game. Their punter did a fabulous job. He has the art of angle kicking down.

JasperDog94
11-19-2005, 11:54 AM
Is that Blackshire (sp?) kid a senior? He was in the backfield all night long.

exbccards76'smom
11-19-2005, 12:50 PM
yes, David is a senior, and a great pitcher in baseball, Too!

Astrosdawg07
11-19-2005, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
Something was very wrong with T-Ray last night. It was almost as if someone else dressed up as #4. Was hard to believe what I was seeing out of him. BC first score came after recovering Scott's fumble. I think they did score the second TD after our first punt. All of their TD were the results of over 40 to 50 yard drives. Field position was critical that game. Their punter did a fabulous job. He has the art of angle kicking down.

He has been sick along with Chris Bronson#45.