Phantom Stang
11-18-2005, 11:08 PM
nm

LH Panther Mom
11-18-2005, 11:09 PM
Actual final was 49-7

gobbler grad
11-19-2005, 01:40 AM
yep, they scored against our 3rd or 4th string...mainly freshman...the "A"Team was on :clap: ...6 consecutive scores in the 1st half...Llano, no 1st downs in 1st half...maybe 20 yrds. rushing in 1st half...defense did a heck of a job...

Gobbler Fan
11-19-2005, 01:46 AM
What I dont understand is why would you decline the kickoff and give an offense like Cuero's the ball seem's to me Llano should have tried to establish some offense with the opening kickoff to set the tone .

gobbler grad
11-19-2005, 01:50 AM
I wouldn't have done that either...:thinking: they just didn't show me much at all...trying to figure out how they won 8 games...:thinking:

44INAROW
11-19-2005, 02:03 AM
Stats from the Victoria Advocate

Cuero - First Downs 29
Passing yards 270
Rushing 37/269

Llano First Down 7
Passing yards 42
Rushing 39/151

Nice job Gobblers........... :)

LogieJoeBean001
11-19-2005, 05:46 AM
Congratulations Cuero! I didn't know much about Llano but this went pretty much as I thought it might.

On to the next round...

gobbler grad
11-19-2005, 09:21 AM
A good write-up today on the Gobblers:

http://www.thevictoriaadvocate.com/ips_rich_content/gobbfb_01_sm.jpg

Sending a message
Gobblers score early and often in rout of Llano

November 18, 2005

MIKE FORMAN
Advocate Sports Writer

SAN ANTONIO - Statistics don't always tell the story but they made a convincing case for Cuero's dominance of Llano.

Cuero's Tre Gray pulls down a pass in front of Llano's P.J. Bunnell on Friday during a Class 3A, Division II area playoff game in San Antonio. Cuero rolled to a 49-7 victory and will face Ingleside in the regional playoffs.

The Gobblers had 21 first downs to none for Llano and outgained the Yellowjackets 457 to 27 yards, and that was just in the first half.

Cuero scored on all six of its first-half possessions and went on to a 49-7 Class 3A, Division II area playoff win on Friday night at Farris Stadium.

The Gobblers averaged 13.4 yards per snap while jumping out to a 42-0 halftime lead before improving to 11-0 and advancing to the regional playoffs against Ingleside, a 38-19 winner over Rio Hondo on Friday night.

The regional game has been scheduled for next Friday at 7:30 p.m., at Matador Stadium in Seguin.

"Not against a good team like that," Cuero coach Mark Reeve replied when asked if he ever had a team play like the Gobblers did in the first half. "I thought the biggest difference was our defense got a lot of three-and-outs. Llano had taken the ball and just dominated people.

"We're just playing well right now," Reeve added. "Kyle (Noack) does a good job of running our offense. We have good wide receivers and Latreal Cooper and Fabian Olguin did a great job of running the ball."

Cuero moved the ball virtually at will against the Llano (8-4) defense. Noack completed 11 of his 13 passes for 263 yards and three touchdowns in the first half and threw only one pass - a 7-yard completion to Tre Gray - in the second half.

"They were playing run first and we took advantage of that," said wide receiver Justin Wesley, who had six catches for 158 yards, including touchdown catches of 71 and 23 yards. "We practiced hard this week and things went our way."

Gray added five catches for 83 yards and Quincey Whittington had a 29-yard reception for Cuero's first touchdown.

Olguin had 11 carries for 168 yards and scored on runs of 20 and 28 yards in the first half. Cooper added 71 yards on 16 carries and scored on a 4-yard run in the fourth quarter, the seventh consecutive possession that the Gobblers had scored.

The Cuero defense did not allow a first down until 10:36 was left in the third quarter. Llano had only three runs of more than 10 yards and two came after most of Cuero's starters were out of the game.

"We just wanted to make the right calls and make sure our defensive line was in the right formation," linebacker Dason Jackson said. "We wanted to get across the line of scrimmage and we were able to do that."

Llano scored on a 42-yard pass from Jordan Leverett to Chris Saverance against the Cuero reserves with 1:07 left in the fourth quarter.

"It's a big deal anytime you can win games at this level," Reeve said. "You know you're going to be facing good teams."

Individual Statistics

Rushing - Cuero, Fabian Olguin 11-168; Latrael Cooper 16-71; Stephon Hargrove 3-14; David Williams 4-11; Tre Gray 2-8; Patrick Bell 1-(-3). Llano, Shane Pope 21-93; Lance Dickey 6-46; Brandon Long 4-9; Jonryan Passe 3-5; T.J. Bunnell 4-4; Jordan Leverett 1-(-6).

Passing - Cuero, Kyle Noack 11-14-0 270; Brent Jemelka 0-1-0 0. Llano, Leverett 1-3-0 42; Passe 0-1-0 0.

Receiving - Cuero, Justin Wesley 6-158; Gray 5-83; Quincey Whittington 1-29 Llano, Chris Saverance 1-42.

HM33
11-19-2005, 10:30 AM
Im excited that the game is in Seguin next week :P

hornfan
11-20-2005, 12:57 AM
i hate it when people question why a team wins games...cant you just realize how well your team played last night instead of criticizing the opposing team... your team played extremely well and i was very impressed but i know why we won 8 games this year because we played defense and that was the first game we had faced that much speed in recievers and running backs and we got down fast when you are down 14-0 with around 8 minutes left in the first quarter...so next time before you speak think about how good your team is and to give llano some props this was our first year under this coach and those guys did so much better than many people thought they would. We have a great team coming back next year many skill positions are back and we will be good next year.