PDA

View Full Version : Ingleside/Rio Hondo updates

big daddy russ
11-18-2005, 09:06 PM
Rio Hondo 7
Ingleside 6

99IHSMustang just called with the update, said Rio Hondo's a tough squad. They have a great ground attack and have been keeping the ball out of our offense's hands.

Rio Hondo got the ball first, drove down for the TD. IHS answered with a TD of their own but the extra point was blocked.

Right now the Bobcats are driving at their own 45. They've been able to get consistent first downs and 99IHS said that the Cats are tough in the trenches.

He's hoping we can get a stop and go into the half up a TD. We deferred to the second half, so that would help us out a lot. We'll see how this plays out. I'll keep everyone updated.

piratebg
11-18-2005, 09:48 PM
Heard anything new yet Russ?

big daddy russ
11-18-2005, 09:50 PM
Ingleside 19
Rio Hondo 13 HALFTIME

Travis Chrisman hit a 40-yard bomb to Joel Johnson with 24 seconds left to put IHS up by six.

The Ingleside D can't slow down the RH offense, so they've been relying on big plays. They forced two fumbles and picked up an INT. The Ingleside offense capitalized on two of the turnovers, driving for scores.

According to 99IHS, the RH offense has been keeping the ball on the ground trying to wear out the Ingleside D. Ingleside tried to counter with a run-dominated attack of their own early (and keep their defense off the field), but the offense sputtered so they went back to doing what they do best.

Ingleside gets the ball to start the second half. If they score that'll give them even more momentum. If they get a TD, it'll be tough for RH to come back from 13 down on the Mustang offense.

If RH gets a stop, it could be bad news for Ingleside.

I'll give everyone another rundown at the end of the third.

Scoring summary:

1ST QTR
RH TD 0-7
Ingleside TD 6-7... xp blocked

2ND QTR
Ingleside TD 12-6... 2 pt. conv. failed
RH TD 12-13... missed xp
IHS TD 19-13

piratebg
11-18-2005, 09:53 PM
Sounds good, but this is where Ingleside has problems. If RH wears down the Defense then it's over. A lot of Ingleside's players are two way starters.

big daddy russ
11-18-2005, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
Sounds good, but this is where Ingleside has problems. If RH wears down the Defense then it's over. A lot of Ingleside's players are two way starters.
That's true, but coming from behind against the Ingleside offense is dang near impossible. If we go up by more than 2 TD's, especially if their passing game isn't experienced, then you have a tough road to hoe.

I don't know whether or not their passing game is effective so I can't say one way or the other, but I do know that most run-oriented teams don't spend a lot of time working on the passing game and against a big play offense like Ingleside's it's tough to run your way back into the game.

Now if they do get a stop, they could very well grind their way back into the game. That's when Ingleside would be in trouble. But when Ingleside starts to take off it's tough for an average playoff team to come back.

Ingleside and RH are both average playoff teams.

I think this first drive of the second half is critical for both teams

turbostud
11-18-2005, 10:23 PM
Saw on the RGV board IHS 25 RH 13

piratebg
11-18-2005, 10:24 PM
Can you confirm Russ?

big daddy russ
11-18-2005, 10:56 PM
Yeah, sorry bout that.

I got caught up with housework and forgot to update everyone.

It was 25-13 at the end of the 3rd, but RH was on the Ing 10.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-18-2005, 10:59 PM
house work that can wait til u finish updating the game:D

big daddy russ
11-18-2005, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
house work that can wait til u finish updating the game:D
LOL, well I knew what was going on. Who cares about all of you. :D :D :D

big daddy russ
11-18-2005, 11:05 PM
Ingleside wins 38-19. Ingleside picked it up during the second half, pulled away.

Looks like we have a date the #1 team in the state next week.

sinton66
11-18-2005, 11:10 PM
Congrats Mustangs, way to represent.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-18-2005, 11:12 PM
But DC said RH beat OG and OG beat Ingleside so RH wins :confused: how can that be... Well not sure how Ingleside will hold up with Cuero but the mustangs will get the chance to prove they are a team to reckon with now and the years to come

pirate4state
11-18-2005, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Ingleside wins 38-19. Ingleside picked it up during the second half, pulled away.

Looks like we have a date the #1 team in the state next week. :clap: Awesome!! Wonder when & where??

piratebg
11-18-2005, 11:47 PM
Great job Mustangs. Best of luck to you guys in the next round.....you are gonnna need it.

AP Panther Fan
11-19-2005, 12:05 AM
Woo Hoo....Way to go Mustangs! Fish's Mom gave me a call with the score and I think the game is in Victoria!

:D :D :D

99IHSMustang
11-19-2005, 12:08 AM
Russ pretty much summarized how the game went. Ingleside force some key turnovers and gave up some of there own but managed to capitlize anyhow. Overall Ingleside played really good tonight. I know Ingleside is going to have to play flawless football next Friday if they even expect to stay close to Cuero. I am sure they are going to need all the luck they can get. Regardless, I am sure the players and fans are proud of the Mustangs success. Congratulations Mustangs you earned it tonight.

pirate4state
11-19-2005, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Woo Hoo....Way to go Mustangs! Fish's Mom gave me a call with the score and I think the game is in Victoria!

:D :D :D

Hopefully on Saturday!! ;) Either way...road trip? :D

AP Panther Fan
11-19-2005, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Hopefully on Saturday!! ;) Either way...road trip? :D

Would love to, but will be in Austin Wednesday thru Saturday. Last year I took a break from the family and slipped over to SA to watch the Sinton/Cuero game.;)

Victoria is too far unless I leave a day earlier....:thinking:

pirate4state
11-19-2005, 12:16 AM
Would love to, but will be in Austin Wednesday thru Saturday. Last year I took a break from the family and slipped over to SA to watch the Sinton/Cuero game.;)

Victoria is too far unless I leave a day earlier....:thinking: :doh: Darn!!! Didn't I tell you you needed to stay close to home next week!! ;) :D Family!!! :hand: :evillaugh

AP Panther Fan
11-19-2005, 12:21 AM
:doh: Darn!!! Didn't I tell you you needed to stay close to home next week!! ;) :D Family!!! :hand: :evillaugh

Right?!?!

How 'bout those Mustangs! Truly great news! If I don't make the game next Friday, I will certainly be able to get scores from 44inarow or Fish's Mom.....life is good....this one might even be webcast? :thinking:

pirate4state
11-19-2005, 12:25 AM
Right?!?!

How 'bout those Mustangs! Truly great news! If I don't make the game next Friday, I will certainly be able to get scores from 44inarow or Fish's Mom.....life is good....this one might even be webcast? :thinking: Yeah, I'm happy for those kids!! Next week will be tough, but anything can happen. :D I'll be there cheering on district 30-3A!!! :clap:

Time to go night-night. Have fun tomorrow!! :thumbsup:

AP Panther Fan
11-19-2005, 12:31 AM
Have fun tomorrow!! :thumbsup:

Thanks...will be cheering Texas State on tomorrow afternoon at 3:00! I am tired too....good night

and

way to go Mustangs!

Fish's mom
11-19-2005, 10:37 AM
I'm proud of those boys. From what I hear in Sequin Friday night. But I'll let everyone know as soon as possible. It may be a rough road, but I'm sure the THE Mustangs will play the best they can and remember I am so proud of these young boys, we have only 4 starting seniors, a handful of Juniors and the rest and majority are Soph. They have come a long way through some tough situations.Go Big Blue show'em how it's done.

sinton66
11-19-2005, 10:37 AM
Work on pass defense this week Mustangs. If you think our passing game was good, you ain't seen nothing yet. Cuero throws the ball quite well.;)

Fish's mom
11-19-2005, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
Work on pass defense this week Mustangs. If you think our passing game was good, you ain't seen nothing yet. Cuero throws the ball quite well.;)

I'll be sure to pass the word on to my son to keep and eye on the passing but I'm sure the coaches will let them know what they think they need to know. The teams goal has been to make it to this game, their excited, nervous, hyped and and will be ready come Friday. Like I always say an injury free fair game, win or lose, is all I'm looking for.:)

SintonFan_inAustin
11-19-2005, 10:57 AM
no turnovers and the mustangs may be able to keep up with them and hopefully outscore them. good luck.

maroonpirate04
11-19-2005, 11:00 AM
Congrats Mustangs keep the torch burning:D