PDA

View Full Version : Sweetwater vs. Cuero

mustang04
11-18-2005, 11:25 AM
i think that would be a VERY awesome game to watch if it happened...i like all the cuero posters and i think it would just be a fun game regardless of who wins or loses...

Cuero...im going to make it a goal of mine to make it to at least ONE of yalls playoff games this season...so yall better stay in:)

sweetwater07
11-18-2005, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
i think that would be a VERY awesome game to watch if it happened...i like all the cuero posters and i think it would just be a fun game regardless of who wins or loses...

Cuero...im going to make it a goal of mine to make it to at least ONE of yalls playoff games this season...so yall better stay in:)

they lost to wylie and we should have at least stayed with wylie ......so i think it might be a toss up with that game.......we might could pull the win wth ouor starters back and playing like we know we can play

HM33
11-18-2005, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
they lost to wylie and we should have at least stayed with wylie ......so i think it might be a toss up with that game.......we might could pull the win wth ouor starters back and playing like we know we can play
We lost to Wylie LAST YEAR...not this year so it totally different

Phantom Stang
11-18-2005, 02:03 PM
Im not gonna look that far ahead, but I've followed Cuero, first in the newspapers, later on the internet, ever since their run in the early 70's. So to me at least, the Gobblers are famous.
That being said, I hope a Sweetwater- Cuero matchup happens. :)

gobbler grad
11-18-2005, 02:03 PM
if you say your prayers and take your vitamins... this game could happen...if it don't, then we will never know...:thinking:

raider red 2000
11-18-2005, 02:15 PM
cuero by 4

lostaussie
11-18-2005, 02:24 PM

Cuero...im going to make it a goal of mine to make it to at least ONE of yalls playoff games this season...so yall better stay in:) their last game against gilmer:) will probably be played in the waco area so save you some gas money:)

Ranger Mom
11-18-2005, 02:25 PM
I have been fortunate to see both teams play this season.....that would be an awesome match-up.

Of course, that was my prediction after week 3 anyway!

pirate4state
11-18-2005, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
their last game against gilmer:) will probably be played in the waco area so save you some gas money:) :eek: quick, duck!!! :evillaugh

sweetwater07
11-18-2005, 03:05 PM
i still think wylie would beat cuero...did last year and i would bet my money on them again this year...with that being said...i think its a possiblity that we
could beat them too

Adidas410s
11-18-2005, 03:09 PM
i still think wylie would beat cuero...did last year and i would bet my money on them again this year...with that being said...i think its a possiblity that we
could beat them too

Basing the one game I have seen of Cuero and the two of Sweetwater over the last season plus...I would take Cuero if they still had their OL from last year. I believe that most of those guys graduated though so I couldn't make an educated pick on this game at the moment...so best of luck to both teams!

sweetwater07
11-18-2005, 03:11 PM
they are a very beasty team thats for sure

The Stork
11-18-2005, 03:15 PM
could beat them too
You don't know what you're talking about. Cuero is an entirely different team this year and I'm sure Wylie is too. You are making a lot of assumptions to give yourself a chance against Cuero.

lostaussie
11-18-2005, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:eek: quick, duck!!! :evillaugh lol. i was just trying to get his attention.:)

schu1213
11-18-2005, 04:04 PM
If this game were to happen i think Cuero should just agree to play in Sweetwater. I would love to see a game played in that awesome stadium.

Ranger Mom
11-18-2005, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by schu1213
If this game were to happen i think Cuero should just agree to play in Sweetwater. I would love to see a game played in that awesome stadium.

I'd go for that too.....that one is not that far from my house either!!!

mustang68
11-18-2005, 04:10 PM
Rumor has Monahans playing here, Mustang Bowl,assuming they win, next weekend.

mwynn05
11-18-2005, 04:12 PM
I hope it is in waco or dallas because i will be home then and i dont wanna drive over 2 hours to go

Black_Magic
11-18-2005, 05:10 PM
Great Thread!

Ranger05
11-18-2005, 05:15 PM
ppl need to stop comparing scores from last year it means nothing, comparing scores period means nothing especially the wylie beat them last year and we should have hung with them this year what the heck is that teams change a lot from year to year.

garciap77
11-18-2005, 05:24 PM
Sweetwater by 7. Based on thier speed.

Adidas410s
11-18-2005, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I'd go for that too.....that one is not that far from my house either!!!

yeah...it sure would be nice. Even more so if Wylie went to state in D1 cuz then I could go to both state games and only 1 would be a significant drive...

Ranger05
11-18-2005, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Sweetwater by 7. Based on thier speed. cuero is just as fast if not faster than sweetwater

schu1213
11-18-2005, 05:40 PM
I promise you cuero is faster than sweetwater

Ranger Mom
11-18-2005, 05:43 PM
I promise you cuero is faster than sweetwater

That could very well be true....I didn't see it when I saw them play though.

I would give Sweetwater the edge on OVERALL team speed, but of course, I only saw Cuero's first game too!

GreenGobbla
11-21-2005, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Sweetwater by 7. Based on thier speed.

i hate to break it to you, but this might be one of cueros fastest teams yet....

DaHop72
11-21-2005, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
their last game against gilmer:) will probably be played in the waco area so save you some gas money:)
Oooops:doh:

schu1213
11-21-2005, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
That could very well be true....I didn't see it when I saw them play though.

I would give Sweetwater the edge on OVERALL team speed, but of course, I only saw Cuero's first game too!

Wow Sweetwater must be pretty fast to be faster than the state champs in track. If they are that fast I really hope we play them. Would be exciting to watch.

zooleander
11-21-2005, 04:34 PM
Wow Sweetwater must be pretty fast to be faster than the state champs in track. If they are that fast I really hope we play them. Would be exciting to watch. hey idot..im pretty sure she said overall team speed...meaning AVG. speed per player, whether it be RB's, receivers, QB's, LINEMEN, DB's, Linebackers.....yes we all know about cuero in track last year...but it sounds like u didnt even know sweetwater was in the State meet too...pretty sure skye green got second barely to yalls guy, who i heard doesnt do football, and ive seen skye in pads and i will bet every $ saying he is the fastest player in pads in the state

smustangs
11-21-2005, 04:36 PM
i would have to put my money on it too may not be the fastest on the track but in pads he dosent loose much if anything at all

44INAROW
11-21-2005, 04:37 PM
nevermind.. not worth it

zooleander
11-21-2005, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
nevermind.. not worth it

so ur saying hes a defensive starter..well yay for him....i guess that means that if ur a startin football player, ur automatically free of ever being an idiot, hey i called him an idiot for a remark he made, not for readin an offense..ones on the field, and the other is right here...we are here right now, where are u?

44INAROW
Originally posted by zooleander
but it sounds like u didnt even know sweetwater was in the State meet too...

You sure knew who Cuero was when it was over didnt' you? :)

schu1213
hey idot..im pretty sure she said overall team speed...meaning AVG. speed per player, whether it be RB's, receivers, QB's, LINEMEN, DB's, Linebackers.....yes we all know about cuero in track last year...but it sounds like u didnt even know sweetwater was in the State meet too...pretty sure skye green got second barely to yalls guy, who i heard doesnt do football, and ive seen skye in pads and i will bet every $ saying he is the fastest player in pads in the state

Hey man your right, i must be an idiot. I know nothing you know everything. I Just really think it would be hard to find a team with better team speed than Cuero. If they are then more power to them, still doesnt mean that they are a better team than Cuero. Oh well i hope we end up getting to find out.

44INAROW
11-21-2005, 04:41 PM
so ur saying hes a defensive starter..well yay for him....i guess that means that if ur a startin football player, ur automatically free of ever being an idiot, hey i called him an idiot for a remark he made, not for readin an offense..ones on the field, and the other is right here...we are here right now, where are u?

OMG you are really not getting it.. like I said NOT WORTH IT..

zooleander
11-21-2005, 04:41 PM
nevermind.. not worth it
too late....besides, i have NO BEEF w/ any cuero posters, not even that guy, but c'mon, u seem like u have some intelligence, but would u not agree his remark was kind of ignorant

garciap77
11-21-2005, 04:42 PM
Is this year's cureo team faster than last years?

zooleander
11-21-2005, 04:42 PM
OMG you are really not getting it.. like I said NOT WORTH IT..

so he must be the defensive coord. ???:thinking:

schu1213
11-21-2005, 04:44 PM
No buddy i dont play just to clear that up for you. How was my remark stupid? All i said was that i think Cuero is faster than Sweetwater and i used the state track meet as a refrence. Hey man lets just drop it. Who cares who is faster. Last time I checked the fastest team doesnt always win.

Gobbler Fan
11-21-2005, 04:44 PM
Cuero is faster overall -----They do not have one position where they do not have a track person playing ...RB- Sprinter 2 gold's at state the other ran a 10.7 as a soph. and should be fully healthy come track season and the backup fullback 2 gold's at state - QB Regional In Hurdles - WR- 2 are both Sprinter's/High Jumpers or on the relay team's be it JV or Varsity our JV is faster than most Varsity Teams so that's a moot point and Ill even thrown in the backup reciever 3 gold's at state and another regional Qualifier at Reciever in the hurdles . Thats just the offense ....Ill try to get to the defense later :D

mustang68
11-21-2005, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
Cuero is faster overall -----They do not have one position where they do not have a track person playing ...RB- Sprinter 2 gold's at state the other ran a 10.7 as a soph. and should be fully healthy come track season and the backup fullback 2 gold's at state - QB Regional In Hurdles - WR- 2 are both Sprinter's/High Jumpers or on the relay team's be it JV or Varsity our JV is faster than most Varsity Teams so that's a moot point and Ill even thrown in the backup reciever 3 gold's at state and another regional Qualifier at Reciever in the hurdles . Thats just the offense ....Ill try to get to the defense later :D
WOW! It sure is cold to be running track.
Primp those feathers, before they get plucked.:devil:

yoemanfan98
11-21-2005, 04:55 PM
You guys are getting ahead of yourselves.

Cuero has to get by Cameron first in the semifinals.

Gobbler Fan
11-21-2005, 04:57 PM
lol ...Cuero has yet to get by Ingelside

lebron_fan
11-21-2005, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by yoemanfan98
You guys are getting ahead of yourselves.

Cuero has to get by Cameron first in the semifinals.

hey last time i checked sweetwater doesnt have a bye....unless they are so fast they just went ahead and gave them byes to state...sweetwater isnt guaranteed anything either:D

schu1213
11-21-2005, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by lebron_fan
hey last time i checked sweetwater doesnt have a bye....unless they are so fast they just went ahead and gave them byes to state...sweetwater isnt guaranteed anything either:D

Come on now Lebron, you know that Sweetwater is so much faster than everyone else that they are guranteed the title. We might as well just give it to them now.

44INAROW
11-21-2005, 05:14 PM
Come on now Lebron, you know that Sweetwater is so much faster than everyone else that they are guranteed the title. We might as well just give it to them now.

only an IDIOT would think that way :D :D :D just kidding.. I couldn't resist myself...... :evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh

schu1213
11-21-2005, 05:17 PM
only an IDIOT would think that way :D :D :D just kidding.. I couldn't resist myself...... :evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh

Lol i guess i opened myself up for that one.

The Stork
11-21-2005, 05:26 PM
Maybe instead of a state game we'll just host a track meet instead.

un b weavable
11-21-2005, 06:09 PM
I love when these debates get started and theres still so much football to be played. Theres a really good chance that Cuero and sweetwater wont even play because there are still lots of good teams left and we may never know who is better or faster. If i had to put money on it i would say that cuero and sweetwater will play for the title but either of them could get beat. Theres still way too much football to play to be having this discussion.

GreenGobbla
11-21-2005, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by un b weavable
I love when these debates get started and theres still so much football to be played. Theres a really good chance that Cuero and sweetwater wont even play because there are still lots of good teams left and we may never know who is better or faster. If i had to put money on it i would say that cuero and sweetwater will play for the title but either of them could get beat. Theres still way too much football to play to be having this discussion.

well said unbweavable.......

schu1213
11-21-2005, 06:20 PM
You are my hero

lebron_fan
11-21-2005, 06:22 PM
yeah your right unbweavable i see tatum beating sweetwater...:D

The Stork
11-21-2005, 06:29 PM
people make it hard for players to concentrate on each individual game when all they can talk about is state. How is a team going to feel when the town talks about winning state all year and they don't even make it? A lot of people simply expect Cuero to go to state....it puts a lot of pressure on the players.

GreenGobbla
11-21-2005, 06:31 PM
im not saying they are going to make it to state....yet, im just saying this week will be ANOTHER practice game for the gobblers

lebron_fan
11-21-2005, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by The Stork
people make it hard for players to concentrate on each individual game when all they can talk about is state. How is a team going to feel when the town talks about winning state all year and they don't even make it? A lot of people simply expect Cuero to go to state....it puts a lot of pressure on the players.

so im guessing cuero is the only town whose fans and community support them and think they will state????
that sucks for the other teams who get no support

schu1213
11-21-2005, 06:33 PM
I guess we should just say they are gonna lose

Ranger Mom
11-21-2005, 06:39 PM
LOL!! This thread has been GREAT!!!

It's funny how someone can post one single innocent post and it just snowballs from there!!

I love it!!!

Fish's mom
11-21-2005, 06:44 PM
Forgive me if I'm wrong but shouldn't you be worrying about who they're playing this week. Not the games that may or may not happen.:thinking:

schu1213
11-21-2005, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Fish's mom
Forgive me if I'm wrong but shouldn't you be worrying about who they're playing this week. Not the games that may or may not happen.:thinking:

What game this week? Oh wait, you must be talkin about the practice friday in seguin. No its ok, we really dont like talkin about practices to much.

LewP
11-21-2005, 07:35 PM
I don't know who started thsi thread, but envisioning a Cuero/Sweetwater matchup today is way premature. We need to worry about a 6-7 Bubba Joe type guy that weighs in at 270 this week from Iowa Park before any turkey talk.

44INAROW
11-21-2005, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by LewP
I don't know who started thsi thread, but envisioning a Cuero/Sweetwater matchup today is way premature. We need to worry about a 6-7 Bubba Joe type guy that weighs in at 270 this week from Iowa Park before any turkey talk.

I'll give you a hint, it wasn't started by anyone from Cuero but I don't think the person that started it intended it to be a grow like it did either - :cool:

mustang04
11-21-2005, 07:43 PM

Cuero...im going to make it a goal of mine to make it to at least ONE of yalls playoff games this season...so yall better stay in:) Hey LewP.....in no way was i saying..."I think Sweetwater and cuero are going to meet..." all i said was it would be awesome IF it happened, have u NEVER though about how awesome it would be if 2 teams ended up meeting, it was merely a fantasy (if u will), NOT a PREDICTION!! i almost doubt sweetwater will make it, all that talent, but man they just have to get the act together

mustang04
11-21-2005, 07:44 PM
Hey LewP.....in no way was i saying..."I think Sweetwater and cuero are going to meet..." all i said was it would be awesome IF it happened, have u NEVER though about how awesome it would be if 2 teams ended up meeting, it was merely a fantasy (if u will), NOT a PREDICTION!! i almost doubt sweetwater will make it, all that talent, but man they just have to get the act together

LewP
11-21-2005, 07:47 PM
I understand Mustang 04. It's always sort of neat to imagine something down the road.

Unfortunately, alot of teams take that as a slap in the face that we may face along the way. In fact, not only do some teams resent it, I would think most teams would use it as bulletin board talk. Now I don't mean any offense to you, but I am just trying to figure out how we run against a 3-5 defense from Iowa Park. I guess I don't even dare talk about past this week.

mustang04
11-21-2005, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by LewP
I understand Mustang 04. It's always sort of neat to imagine something down the road.

Unfortunately, alot of teams take that as a slap in the face that we may face along the way. In fact, not only do some teams resent it, I would think most teams would use it as bulletin board talk. Now I don't mean any offense to you, but I am just trying to figure out how we run against a 3-5 defense from Iowa Park. I guess I don't even dare talk about past this week.

how u run against the 3-5? hehe...dont worry, if theres a way...sweetwater will find it...u know, i really want them to do good...but after watchin the game in midland.....they kinda woke me up, now i realize how easy it is to get ahead of urself which can ultimitely lead to a loss in the playoffs

gobblergolf
11-22-2005, 11:23 AM
hey idot..im pretty sure she said overall team speed...meaning AVG. speed per player, whether it be RB's, receivers, QB's, LINEMEN, DB's, Linebackers.....yes we all know about cuero in track last year...but it sounds like u didnt even know sweetwater was in the State meet too...pretty sure skye green got second barely to yalls guy, who i heard doesnt do football, and ive seen skye in pads and i will bet every $ saying he is the fastest player in pads in the state

Whoa, chill out with calling ppl an idiot, especially when they pretty much know exactly what they are talking about. You may think i am just agreeing b/c i am from cuero or b/c i'm good friends with the guy you so nicely called an idiot. But let me help you out. Alright, Now i know that one person already explained the amount of track speed to you but I want to extend that a little. He already talked about the "O" but to give you an idea of the "D", here goes: One DE ran the 3rd leg in the state champion 4x100 team last year, as only a freshman. The other "all state" DE/TE is a big guy who happens to run a mere 4.68. As for the two D tackles, they are big ole boys that happen to be pretty quick for their size, and i know 1st hand being that one is my cousin. Past the line, I challenge you to find any of our linebackers, safety's, defensive backs that runs anything slower than a 4.7, possibly 4.6. As for the offense, thats been explained already but my garuntee is that the offensive line is much quicker all around than last years. Not to say they are better, b/c they both were/are great, but def quicker. So, with that being said, You may want to know all the facts before you start throwing out names. I'm not saying sweetwater isn't fast b/c we all have heard about how close they were beating us last year, with "close" being the key word. But, as fast as you all may be, its hard to believe a team may be faster than that of Cuero this year. I guess we'll just have to hope for the big matchup, considering that both teams make it through the next 3 games, which will be no easy task.

LewP
11-22-2005, 11:30 AM
There is nothing like spending lots of time and ink on possible scenerios.

I find it amazing that so much time and effort can be dedicated to a subject when so many things have to happen to get to a certain point.

I get tired-head with all the discussions when in reality, the odds are seemingly pretty long that this scenerio would ever happen anyway.

injuredinmelee
11-22-2005, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Basing the one game I have seen of Cuero and the two of Sweetwater over the last season plus...I would take Cuero if they still had their OL from last year. I believe that most of those guys graduated though so I couldn't make an educated pick on this game at the moment...so best of luck to both teams!

Is there a Golden Corral in Cuero?? Cause those ol last year were monsterous. One of them was a very very good football player. It was the guard that impressed me the most. When you get a kid that big that can still move and you get him down the field he is going to crush alot of LBs and DBs.

HM33
11-22-2005, 11:48 AM
Only #36 was left from last years line and he is ofcourse the TE....I think someone said our line was bigger than the 86' SuperBowl Winning Broncos was :) LT- 290 LG - 265(?) C - 225 RG - 360 RT - 410

un b weavable
11-22-2005, 02:06 PM
Man i gotta represent for the '04 Cuero O-line. WHA-WHAT!!!

un b weavable
11-22-2005, 02:09 PM
Which guard are you talkin about? :D

44INAROW
11-22-2005, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by un b weavable
Which guard are you talkin about? :D

I wondered if you were going to see that :)