PDA

View Full Version : No Justice

catdad
11-18-2005, 10:59 AM
How can my boss expect me to concentrate on work when there are playoffs tonight. My mind starts to wander to the chill of late November football, the pounding of the drumline as the band enter the stadium, the anticipation as I watch pre-game warmups. I think..is everyone healthy, is everyone focused, are they ready, are they confident(but no cocky), are the coaches dialed in to what the other team is planning, did I leave my lights in the parking lot. Oh well, doesn't matter, It's playoffs baby.

LH Panther Mom
11-18-2005, 11:04 AM
I know the feeling. Sheesh! The "nerve" of those darn bosses. ;)

sww-bull52
11-18-2005, 11:06 AM
Luckly I work for a guy that knows how worthless I am on Friday's during football season.

mustang04
11-18-2005, 11:16 AM
HA!...i pity all of you....me and my boss make a highschool football game every friday night, we are trying to go to every single one of sweetwater's playoff games, this evening we are both leavin work early to head up to midland to watch the Stangs take on Littlefield:D

sww-bull52
11-18-2005, 11:19 AM
See ya there. My group is the ones that yell "FIRST DOWN!!" after almost every carry for the Mustangs.

mustang04
11-18-2005, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by sww-bull52
See ya there. My group is the ones that yell "FIRST DOWN!!" after almost every carry for the Mustangs.

oh dont worry....i know that group...i remember when i played my senior year, when the other team would get a flag and had to "back up" yall would start going "BEEP BEEP BEEP" like some trucks and tractors do when they back up hahaha

bleedgreen
11-18-2005, 11:40 AM
It's not just football.....it's Kennedale Wildcat football. I'm taking aspirin now for the heart attack I may have later. Most of the time, the games are too close to remain calm.

sww-bull52
11-18-2005, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by mustang04
oh dont worry....i know that group...i remember when i played my senior year, when the other team would get a flag and had to "back up" yall would start going "BEEP BEEP BEEP" like some trucks and tractors do when they back up hahaha

Still do that!!!!!!!!!!

catdad
11-18-2005, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by bleedgreen
It's not just football.....it's Kennedale Wildcat football. I'm taking aspirin now for the heart attack I may have later. Most of the time, the games are too close to remain calm.

I hear ya. I had heart surgey in September and I told my son that I wanted just one game where I didn't need CPR. Then we finally had Vista Ridge. I am looking for a good game tonight.