PDA

View Full Version : Why is this???

lebron_fan
11-17-2005, 11:04 PM
Why do all the a&m fans come on here and say well a&m has a chance against texas this year and it will be close....thats like saying edna can stick with southlake carroll...it just isnt gonna happen....i just find it funny that a&m could have easily lost the game against texas state but yet somehow they still have a chance to beat texas....the fact of the matter is texas will probably drop 50 points on this pathetic a&m team....a&m's defense is non existent....all the corners do is pump the crowd up and then get burned all the time...i think if they had an all big 12 crowd pumper a couple of them could get it.....fact of the matter is a&m sucks and has no chance because of their defense...

SintonFan
11-17-2005, 11:09 PM
Maybe they should just cancel the game?:thinking: :p

lebron_fan
11-17-2005, 11:12 PM
nah cuz there might be a 77-0 part 2 for the aggies...:thinking:

SintonFan
11-17-2005, 11:17 PM
I think you missed my point.
I think all the A&M posters have every right to root for and give opinions just as all the UT posters have the same right. There is a curiousness here that begs to be answered. Should all of the Aggie fans just roll over in what is their biggest game of the year to date? Not hardly...

Bullaholic
11-17-2005, 11:18 PM
I'm certainly not an Aggie fan, but I don't know of any true fans of any team from HS thru Pro who would "spot" their arch-rival a victory---even when they knew in their heart that they were going to get "thumped".

big daddy russ
11-18-2005, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I think you missed my point.
I think all the A&M posters have every right to root for and give opinions just as all the UT posters have the same right. There is a curiousness here that begs to be answered. Should all of the Aggie fans just roll over in what is their biggest game of the year to date? Not hardly...
You know SF, this is actually why I started rooting for TAMU. Because of this board.

I haven't been an A&M fan for long, maybe 2 1/2 years at most, but when I was trying to decide where to move to finish school it was down to Austin or College Station. Both had community colleges where I could pick my grades up and both had a university where I could transfer if I wanted. Tech, who used to be my second favorite school only to Auburn, was also a choice but I didn't know anyone up there. I had four good buddies up at UT or in the Austin area and a fifth cousin who was going to graduate school. My brother and a couple of other buddies from back home were Aggies.

Believe it or not, it was actually a couple of fans on this board and a few past memories that led me to CS. Not all of them are like this, but there are quite a few like this guy with whom A&M fans just can't win. You say something like "yeah, A&M has a lot of talent this year" and they blow it out of the water. They'll tell you that A&M sucks and how closed-minded Aggies are and that all Aggies are obnoxious and are in no way UT's rival. When the whole A&M/UT debate comes up all Aggie fans were automatically labeled the instigators while the UT fans bashed them. They hate A&M without admitting they hate A&M. I even noticed some of this attitude with two of my friends up in Austin.

Personally, I couldn't help but root against the Horns after that. I got to where I despised UT almost as much as I despised Bama, mostly because of their damned if you do, damned if you don't fans.

I'm still not a diehard Aggie. I want to go to SWT if I can't get into Auburn. But A&M's become my second-favorite college team because of the way some of the fans act.

I know one bad brush can ruin a painting, but it certainly ruined any sort of support I used to have for UT. Lately, a couple of UT alums (two of my girlfriend's cousins, an old buddy of mine and my fifth cousin) and a few of the posters on this board have brought me tiptoeing back onto the UT bandwagon. If it keeps up, I might even cheer if they win a national title. But if all these self-righteous UT fans keep talking out of their a** I'll just keep rooting against them.

They do it to themselves... remind me a lot of Bama.

lebron_fan
11-18-2005, 12:09 AM
i cant believe u took the time to type that when it seemed pretty stupid....so what do u think about them making an all big 12 crowd pumper??? there could be a 3 way tie for a&m...but the qualifications are u pump the crowd up and then get burned? so what do u think??

big daddy russ
11-18-2005, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by lebron_fan
i cant believe u took the time to type that when it seemed pretty stupid....so what do u think about them making an all big 12 crowd pumper??? there could be a 3 way tie for a&m...but the qualifications are u pump the crowd up and then get burned? so what do u think??
I highly recommend English 101. Maybe then I could understand what the hell you're trying to say. Make some sense in your posts.

Bulldog_12
11-18-2005, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by lebron_fan
Why do all the a&m fans come on here and say well a&m has a chance against texas this year and it will be close....thats like saying edna can stick with southlake carroll...it just isnt gonna happen....i just find it funny that a&m could have easily lost the game against texas state but yet somehow they still have a chance to beat texas....the fact of the matter is texas will probably drop 50 points on this pathetic a&m team....a&m's defense is non existent....all the corners do is pump the crowd up and then get burned all the time...i think if they had an all big 12 crowd pumper a couple of them could get it.....fact of the matter is a&m sucks and has no chance because of their defense...

Why is it that Longhorn fans are the ones starting the threads? Why can't we come in here and say that we have a chance to win this as much as anyone? Go crawl back under a rock. Please.

lebron_fan
11-18-2005, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
Why is it that Longhorn fans are the ones starting the threads? Why can't we come in here and say that we have a chance to win this as much as anyone? Go crawl back under a rock. Please.

probably because that would be lieing if yall said that....duh...and we are starting these threads because a&m is a freakin joke just like u

Bulldog_12
11-18-2005, 01:25 AM
Wow, do you really feel like you can't beat me in an argument so you have to come out and bash ME now too? You know, I usually don't have a problem with Longhorns, you can ask any of those fans on this board, but it is people like you (who probably don't even attend) that really get under my skin.

Kensington
11-18-2005, 01:45 AM
Im not a big UT fan but there is one thing I always think about...... what sport does a&m beat Texas at?

big daddy russ
11-18-2005, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by Kensington
Im not a big UT fan but there is one thing I always think about...... what sport does a&m beat Texas at?
Equestrian, archery and women's soccer.

piratebg
11-18-2005, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by Kensington

1. Thumb War
2. Candy Land
3. Slap Jack
4. Pin the Tail on the Donkey
5. Uno

HighSchool Fan
11-18-2005, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
You know SF, this is actually why I started rooting for TAMU. Because of this board.

I haven't been an A&M fan for long, maybe 2 1/2 years at most, but when I was trying to decide where to move to finish school it was down to Austin or College Station. Both had community colleges where I could pick my grades up and both had a university where I could transfer if I wanted. Tech, who used to be my second favorite school only to Auburn, was also a choice but I didn't know anyone up there. I had four good buddies up at UT or in the Austin area and a fifth cousin who was going to graduate school. My brother and a couple of other buddies from back home were Aggies.

Believe it or not, it was actually a couple of fans on this board and a few past memories that led me to CS. Not all of them are like this, but there are quite a few like this guy with whom A&M fans just can't win. You say something like "yeah, A&M has a lot of talent this year" and they blow it out of the water. They'll tell you that A&M sucks and how closed-minded Aggies are and that all Aggies are obnoxious and are in no way UT's rival. When the whole A&M/UT debate comes up all Aggie fans were automatically labeled the instigators while the UT fans bashed them. They hate A&M without admitting they hate A&M. I even noticed some of this attitude with two of my friends up in Austin.

Personally, I couldn't help but root against the Horns after that. I got to where I despised UT almost as much as I despised Bama, mostly because of their damned if you do, damned if you don't fans.

I'm still not a diehard Aggie. I want to go to SWT if I can't get into Auburn. But A&M's become my second-favorite college team because of the way some of the fans act.

I know one bad brush can ruin a painting, but it certainly ruined any sort of support I used to have for UT. Lately, a couple of UT alums (two of my girlfriend's cousins, an old buddy of mine and my fifth cousin) and a few of the posters on this board have brought me tiptoeing back onto the UT bandwagon. If it keeps up, I might even cheer if they win a national title. But if all these self-righteous UT fans keep talking out of their a** I'll just keep rooting against them.

i'm just the opposite, the hatred i have for a&m grew from this board. i use to respect them, now i would love for them to lose every game in every sport.

3afan
11-18-2005, 07:03 AM
yeah some of the stuff the aTm posters have said on here make it hard to root for them .... but i guess i still will when they are playing non-Texas teams. probably. maybe. TBD.

SintonFan
11-18-2005, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ

Very well written. I have friends from both places and for the most part there is little serious bashing. It's fascinating that when folks get behind a keyboard the crescendo of crap becomes downright unhealthy. While I'm not in Austin or College Station folks who talk about this in person don't do so in a less than civilized manner. bdr, have you noticed a pattern among fans that winning justifies any amount of ludicrous smack? That things posted here are continuously taken out of context without regard for truth or incisive, honest debate? :thinking:
Incredible isn't it?

SintonFan
11-18-2005, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
i'm just the opposite, the hatred i have for a&m grew from this board . i use to respect them, now i would love for them to lose every game in every sport.
unhealthy...
Your hatred grew from this board.:thinking:

big daddy russ
11-18-2005, 03:25 PM
Very well written. I have friends from both places and for the most part there is little serious bashing. It's fascinating that when folks get behind a keyboard the crescendo of crap becomes downright unhealthy. While I'm not in Austin or College Station folks who talk about this in person don't do so in a less than civilized manner. bdr, have you noticed a pattern among fans that winning justifies any amount of ludicrous smack? That things posted here are continuously taken out of context without regard for truth or incisive, honest debate? :thinking:
Incredible isn't it?
Definitely. Don't get me wrong, they're not all like that, but a lot of them are. I actually wanted to go to Texas more before I moved up here. They have a great broadcasting program (but tough to get into), #2 in the nation. But seeing the way a bunch of fans acted and the things they said to belittle the Aggies every chance they got made it harder and harder to bring myself to go to Austin. From the outside looking in, the problem wasn't with the couple of Ags who'd lash out after someone lambasted their school. It was with the UT fans who constantly provoked them.

I don't know, maybe I'm the only one that saw it, but then again I was one of the few unbiased members of the board when this was going on.

Like I said, there are a couple that are pulling me back into the fold to where I can root for them. Guys like KTJ, Dre, etc., have turned out to be really good guys. We can rib each other back and forth without crossing the line.

I realized later on that most of the UT fans that did it on this board weren't even UT students, but it still soured me on the whole thing.

HighSchool Fan
11-18-2005, 03:28 PM
unhealthy...
Your hatred grew from this board.:thinking:

well a&m and other things

SintonFan
11-18-2005, 04:59 PM
lol :D

Phil C
11-18-2005, 05:12 PM
I am sure sorry Big made the wrong choice in choosing CS. :(

Seriously though no one should take the Aggies lightly and that has why I have been speaking about being cautious and careful and focused on the Aggies. Remember my thread about 1963.

Oh and by the way even though the Aggies are advancing farther in the NCAA playoffs this year in soccer they did meet once during the season and it was Texas 2 Texas A&M 1.

:)

Adidas410s
11-18-2005, 05:35 PM
Maybe they should just cancel the game?:thinking: :p

nah cuz then A&M faithful will INSIST thta they would somehow have beaten Texas and made it to a bowl game...:D