PDA

View Full Version : a good place to eat in midland

I Bleed Red08
11-17-2005, 07:33 PM
n e suggestions on good places to eat in midland before the Sweetwater vs. Littlefield game

I Bleed Red08
11-17-2005, 07:36 PM
can anybody help me out

Adidas410s
11-17-2005, 07:44 PM
umm...I have never really found any mom/pop places in Midland that I was too fond of. I usually go to On The Border off the loop...the one there is better than most of the others I have been to.

Adidas410s
11-17-2005, 07:45 PM
that or maybe you can get ranger mama to cook up some dinner for ya...since you beat Greenwood last week! :rolleyes:

Ranger05
11-17-2005, 10:14 PM
what type of food are u in the mood for

Stownhorse
11-17-2005, 10:18 PM
There is a hOOters...thats where im going...lol

Ranger05
11-17-2005, 10:19 PM
its in odessa over by UTPB

Stownhorse
11-17-2005, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Ranger05
its in odessa over by UTPB

Well im following my friend and he knows his way around cuz of family there....

Ranger Mom
11-17-2005, 10:32 PM
On the loop there is Johnny Carinos, Logans, Cheddars, Bennigans, On the Border, Abuelos, Chilis, Cotton Patch, Outback Steakhouse.....tons of fast food places.

On 191, very close to the Stadium is Clear Springs Cafe.

VWG
11-18-2005, 08:59 AM
Believe it or not, but the best steak I have ever had in Midland is at The Bar. Little place on the south side of downtown.
Sports on every TV and the service has always been pretty good.

Adidas410s
11-18-2005, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
On the loop there is Johnny Carinos, Logans, Cheddars, Bennigans, On the Border, Abuelos, Chilis, Cotton Patch, Outback Steakhouse.....tons of fast food places.

On 191, very close to the Stadium is Clear Springs Cafe.

I went to that Clear Springs one day as it was next to the Cingular Call Center and we had a meeting there...for as much as it had been "hyped" to me by some of the locals...I wasn't that impressed to be honest. My favorite part was one of our group ordered coconut shrimp...and it was fried shrimp with unfried, white strands of coconut tossed on top...I thought it was a joke or something!

Ranger Mom
11-18-2005, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I went to that Clear Springs one day as it was next to the Cingular Call Center and we had a meeting there...for as much as it had been "hyped" to me by some of the locals...I wasn't that impressed to be honest. My favorite part was one of our group ordered coconut shrimp...and it was fried shrimp with unfried, white strands of coconut tossed on top...I thought it was a joke or something!

I have been there twice, it was okay, but not one of my favorites either!

Green Ranger
11-18-2005, 09:42 AM
I am not sure about Clear Springs steaks, but there are two things if you go you can't go wrong with. The oninion rings, a small is more than enough for two people are wonderful. Then I can't recall what they are called, but there is a shrimp that is stuffed with jalepano and wrapped with bacon and put on the grill. Very very good, I dont know if they are making more but when I was there if you got there they had only made so many and if they had been ordered enough they might not have any more. Just my two cents.

keenoace
11-18-2005, 10:52 AM
If your a mexican food fan there is an Abuelo's right of the loop no to far from the stadium. Can't really tell you how to get there but I think it is a good place.

WitchyWoman
11-18-2005, 10:57 AM
Went to Bennigans last friday after our game. IT WAS TERRIBLE...... be warned YUK YUK! Johnny Carinos is great Italian, Abuelos, and of course Outback...

Ranger05
11-18-2005, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I went to that Clear Springs one day as it was next to the Cingular Call Center and we had a meeting there...for as much as it had been "hyped" to me by some of the locals...I wasn't that impressed to be honest. My favorite part was one of our group ordered coconut shrimp...and it was fried shrimp with unfried, white strands of coconut tossed on top...I thought it was a joke or something! it didnt impress me much either

Ranger05
11-18-2005, 11:04 AM
there are a bunch of good mexican food places off of big spring street la mission casa mardid are my recomendations for mexican food and also u cant go wrong with abuelos